Page 34 of 456 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

No Wanda solo in April

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No Wanda solo in April
    Ooh, I am not sure they would do this, but it would be interesting if Wanda took Magneto's place on the Quite Council. I would love it if Erik asks the council to give Wanda his seat.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Ooh, I am not sure they would do this, but it would be interesting if Wanda took Magneto's place on the Quite Council. I would love it if Erik asks the council to give Wanda his seat.
    It would be better if she was an unofficial advisor to Hope to have more of their relationship explored.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

I come back to it but the problem Wanda has in the comics is that her only true home is with the Avengers, and ever since they cut back to one Avengers team, she's had nowhere to go in the comics.

I don't know what it will take to get her back on the Avengers -- after Aaron's gone, maybe, but I always hope the next relaunch will include her and I'm always wrong -- but it's a different problem from some of the other mistreated characters. She and Vision and Hank Pym and the Wasp will all be in various degrees of limbo until the Avengers take them back.

It's not the main team having Aaron that keeps her from the books. It's no side teams being done other than Savage. They need more Avengers books. And they need a Wanda solo.

Everything with her in it has sold out since last February. Even variant covers. Marvel keeping her limited still is so odd.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not the main team having Aaron that keeps her from the books. It's no side teams being done other than Savage. They need more Avengers books. And they need a Wanda solo.

Everything with her in it has sold out since last February. Even variant covers. Marvel keeping her limited still is so odd.
    Again not if there is editorial bias

Still doesn't make it make sense. From a business standpoint, how much would you have to hate a character before you say no to cash flow? It's definitely not because there aren't people that want to write her. Several creators have come out and said they'd love to do it.

Extraordinary Member

I think the bias is against the old-school Avengers in general, both the characters and the classic way of writing the team.

But if the Avengers line was larger they'd probably have room for her. The X-Books can use most characters and even fit in a miniseries about Wanda because Cebulski is publishing a huge X-line while cutting back on the books for most other characters.

With only one Avengers book, anyone who isn't on the Avengers is finding it hard to get used, and Wanda has the additional problem that she represents the "old," "uncool" way of doing Avengers comics.

Even the success of her show with Vision, i.e. maybe the core romance of the entire Avengers franchise, won't make them budge because they can just say movie/TV audiences don't buy comics.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I am not going to be reading to much into this, I am honestly more expecting any Scarlet Witch solo or Major team book to be announced outside of the mainstream drops at this point with what seems to be an increasing Major push for Wanda and what Shadowcat told us a few weeks ago.

Their is no denying Wanda’s money draw right now, I still think Marvel is waiting to announce it when it can be made into its own news moment and/or when they finally have a team out right out together for the book.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Even the success of her show with Vision, i.e. maybe the core romance of the entire Avengers franchise, won't make them budge because they can just say movie/TV audiences don't buy comics.
    Well I think that got proven wrong. Because even people like me that do read comics are having a hard time finding issues and variants because of them selling out. And I get asked all the time what my favorite Wanda comics are from people interested in finding out more about her and reading about her. I think they are selling themselves and the character short.

I'm starting to think (fear) that if she's getting something it might be just a Marvel Unlimited comic... Maybe they think the people interested in her now are more likely to read that than buy physical issues... Except those unlimited books are all lowkey lame and unimportant.

I don't know if this has already been discussed before but what if Chthon is actually the magical villain that promotional material of MoM keeps referring to? Would makes sense on many levels. Strange accidentally released him from his prison with his magical **** up and he is obviously powerful enough to require a team-up and there is obviously the connection with Wanda. Where her powers actually come from hasn't been explained if Im not mistaken and then there is the entire Darkhold thing. I feel like there are many clues that this could be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    When Wanda is unsure of herself her magic can unconsciously change things from their normal red color to something else, as if to deny her true nature.

This explains why she accidentally caused her costume to change color due to her stage fright at being on a comic book cover for the first time.

The outfit in green works better in the same shade. I wonder who Asteroid M had on reserve to design these outfits. Toad?
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-20-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I don't know if this has already been discussed before but what if Chthon is actually the magical villain that promotional material of MoM keeps referring to? Would makes sense on many levels. Strange accidentally released him from his prison with his magical **** up and he is obviously powerful enough to require a team-up and there is obviously the connection with Wanda. Where her powers actually come from hasn't been explained if Im not mistaken and then there is the entire Darkhold thing. I feel like there are many clues that this could be coming.
    Hard to know. They could build him up for both Wanda and Blade's future stories. Or he might not even exist in that universe and that's why they had 616 Wanda consume him. I think honestly they'll treat the Darkhold like the Book of Cagliostro or Vishanti. They get a bit part but not fleshed out.

Yep.....Jim Zub has stated repeatedly that he would write a second Avengers book ~ with Wanda on the team! ~ in a heartbeat!