Page 326 of 456 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A cracked jewel on a rusted crown I guess, they certainly have a weird way to show affection to her.
    I mean I didn't expect them to say "we wanted to make sure Strange does nothing in his own movie and Wanda's entire show was irrelevant" but I just wish they'd stop pretending they served either of those characters well. At best you can say they had a story to tell and that took precedence over the characters.

A cracked jewel on a rusted crown I guess, they certainly have a weird way to show affection to her.
    Well they are hardly the only ones here who have that going for them but I feel we already had that topic
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean I didn't expect them to say "we wanted to make sure Strange does nothing in his own movie and Wanda's entire show was irrelevant" but I just wish they'd stop pretending they served either of those characters well. At best you can say they had a story to tell and that took precedence over the characters.
    Yeah, it is kinda hard to stomach them patting themselves on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They are really overestimating how many people actually wanted to see this.
    Even if people wanted to see it, the execution was bad. The hand-off between WandaVision and the MoM sucked in my opinion. And it makes me nervous about how the transition between Falcon & The Winter Soldier and Captain America 4 will be executed. I guess I'm one of the few people on this thread who doesn't want to see a Wanda solo project so quickly. I think a character like the Hulk deserves it more. He's a really important character in comic book history and his fanbase is HUGE. I think Ruffalo's version deserves a solo project before the Scarlet Witch does. I feel the same way about Cheadle's War Machine. These actors are quite a bit older than Olsen and the characters they have portrayed have been in the MCU longer than Wanda has. I could TOTALLY understand why their fans are upset that Agatha and Echo might be getting projects before their characters do.

I don't think these MCU producers should be bragging so much about the MoM's commercial success. A lot of people who watched Strange 2 DIDN'T like this movie. Sure, Ms. Marvel is getting relatively low streaming viewership numbers, but the people who are actually WATCHING her series seem to LIKE it more than those who saw the Strange sequel. TGM has already surpassed the MoM in box office numbers AND audiences seem to enjoy Cruise's movie WAY more. So I guess TGM is a "better" movie than the MoM if we're going strictly by financial data.

After WandaVision aired and NWH was released, I hardly saw ANY videos and articles online talking about "superhero fatigue". But after the MoM came out, I've seen FAR more of them. That should be a BIG red flag for Marvel Studios. They seem to be equating financial success with quality filmmaking and television-making. Many commenters on these threads seem to feel the same way as well. I could not disagree more with that line of thinking.

I finally saw DS: MOM.

I was in no way in a hurry since I knew it would be the same horrible story about Wanda, and couldn't understand why.

The movie is technically pretty awesome. The effects and acting and all.

I just wish they had not continued to trash SW.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd rather both be friends and not hit constantly with the women can't control power bat.
    I also see them doing that since they have struggled with unprocessed trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Unfortunately that quote from the co-producer comes from an audio commentary track by him, Waldron and Raimi that is full of rage-making quotes that act like Wanda going evil is true to the comics or something the audience was just dying to see. Though Raimi, unsurprisingly, comes off smarter than the two younger guys.

I think the stereotype is true: an all-male creative team was just less likely to understand what was wrong with Disassembled/House of M. Schaeffer seemed instinctively to know why those stories were bad.
    Well hopefully they don't have anything to do with future content with Wanda. People will start to get tired of a slightly different take on the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    There actually a post on Reddit about that that is gaining traction fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...enger_or_as_a/
    I'm glad people are speaking up about this and want to see more heroic tales. I also would like to see her interact more with other characters, on a friendly basis. They've had some of that in some things, but it's still not much. And I'd like to see them humanize her recovery from the Darkhold's control on her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, it is kinda hard to stomach them patting themselves on the back.
    I think they are trying to save face, since the overwhelming take from the movie is most people liked things about the film, but the script was terrible.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Well hopefully they don't have anything to do with future content with Wanda. People will start to get tired of a slightly different take on the same thing.

I'm glad people are speaking up about this and want to see more heroic tales. I also would like to see her interact more with other characters, on a friendly basis. They've had some of that in some things, but it's still not much. And I'd like to see them humanize her recovery from the Darkhold's control on her.
    If anyone can tell a long and humanizing story with what it means to go through multiple trials on both the light and dark side, Wanda is the best to capture that with Miss Olsen skill it truly can be stories that would leap Wanda into higher love and appreciation, it seems the public is on board with her on this journey for the most part.

As for the “V” word, I still will not call Wanda that from MoM, but if comparing to other Villains in not just the MCU but other brands, they can and do get boring very fast if used to much. Even as good as Thanos was, by the End of Endgame I could feel his charm starting to slip, there is only so much you can do with them until they get repetitive and boring.

If they tried to do like Wanda, going again on a dark path, it be not only a 2nd contradiction to now the ending of MoM, but would just be the same thing we saw in MoM again and even fans who like MoM and Wanda in it, would start to get tired of same stick.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Looking at it most people seem to favor a complex and mixed character. Good but also flawed and with more flexible morals which is my stance too.

I mean

Most other heroes would absolutely not be OK with permanently brainwashing someone as a punishment but Wanda isn't one of those people. Agatha tried to steal her power and threatened her children. A line was crossed that shouldn't have been and if somebody does it anyway they need to accept the consequences.

Last edited by Galerion; 06-27-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They are really overestimating how many people actually wanted to see this.
    The comments about the test screenings came across as astonishingly arrogant.

I felt that the conflict between Wanda and Strange would have had more weight if, having read the Darkhold, Wanda realized Strange was "authoring" other people's lives, just like the author of the Darkhold. Wanda's realization that the game is rigged, because seeing happier versions of herself would definitely lead her to think that, and take a dim view of those who actively rig the game.

I think that's what annoys me. Alot of interesting themes (relating to the multiverse and the Darkhold), were ignored in favour...muh babies. Wanda is a woman, so of course all she thinks about is babies.
    Last edited by Relugus; 06-27-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Looking at it most people seem to favor a complex and mixed character. Good but also flawed and with more flexible morals which is my stance too.

I mean

Most other heroes would absolutely not be OK with permanently brainwashing someone as a punishment but Wanda isn't one of those people. Agatha tried to steal her power and threatened her children. A line was crossed that shouldn't have been and if somebody does it anyway they need to accept the consequences.

Heroic does not have to mean perfect. I think most Marvel characters have flaws in some way. Which is why the forever discussion about who was right in CW happened.

Heroic does not have to mean perfect. I think most Marvel characters have flaws in some way. Which is why the forever discussion about who was right in CW happened.
    More people in my opinion want to see Wanda morally ambiguous, but does the right thing, kind of like an anti-hero.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    More people in my opinion want to see Wanda morally ambiguous, but does the right thing, kind of like an anti-hero.
    I think Marvel's characters are pretty much that. I've definitely gotten into a lot of conversations with people over how flawed Marvel's characters are. And it goes down this rabbit hole of what is villainy, what is heroics. I think Wanda is a flawed person that intends to do good. Most of the time does good. Her bad moments are heavily outweighed by the good. And the bad are usually when she's manipulated or possessed.

Movies are slightly different because they didn't spend a lot of time on the heroic side of things. But there is plenty of time to do that.

Also, posting this because someone shared this with me and it's too funny to keep to myself: