Page 329 of 456 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 6836

So other than the hellfire gala and that Captain Marvel issue i guess we won't see Wanda in nothing else for this year?

No solicits, no nothing...

Extraordinary Member

Nope. Sad, isn't it? I wish we had something else to talk about besides a divisive movie, future appearances that don't exist yet and comic series that never happen.

We've never been able to figure out why Wanda doesn't benefit from MCU synergy, but nothing seems to convince the comics division that people want to see her.

The only synergy is to use her to sell variant covers.

We can still hold out till Oct-Dec, though it’s highly unlikely she will be in anything I personally don’t like to throw in the towel completely
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like that in the end it was her children that brought back her humanity. I feel like in the comics, they were sort of portrayed more negatively, in the sense that Wanda shouldn't want to have had those kids at all. In this movie, it's more about how she shouldn't take them from the other Wanda who is already their mother. So I feel like they are portrayed in a somewhat more positive light. Her pain feels more akin to her usual theme of grief that she already felt for Vision, Pietro and her parents. I also like that they had her doing a big heroic act at the end. Most people are gonna discredit it, but destroying the Darkhold in every universe is indeed a meaningful act, it does matter that not any Wanda, or anyone else (like both 838 Strange and the other evil one) will get tempted by it, which is an infinite amount of possible universes being saved.
    I am glad you think that way but for me it's really hard not to consider that narrative when they are so fucking insistant on saying "Wanda, your kids are fake" so many times.
    And honestly the writing of 838 Wanda and her kids just don't work for me, it feels like the writer doesn't understand them what so ever, so he shoved a generic family dynamic on them, and Waldron just sucks too much to even write that well since 838 Billy and Tommy's lines are so bloody robotic, I don't think it's the child actors being inexperienced because they are pretty natural in WV.(And WTF is that ice cream song, is that supposed to be so bloody creepy?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Another thing I found annoying was the... Contradictions? I could feel like almost everything she said ("That doesn't seem fair", whenever she called out his "hypocrisy") was written with the idea that she kinda has a point, like some provocative commentary with an intent to challenge both Strange and the audience. But if you're not convinced at all and sees it as her being irrational? Don't worry, it's because of the Darkhold then. Besides that, at some points she's portrayed as a campy evil archetype, kinda like Agatha in WandaVision, and then in others she's the more vulnerable emotional Wanda we saw on WandaVision. And it kinda feels like two characters mashed into one.
    The typical syndrome of not being a golden boy/girl, you are offered the basic lips service without the actual benefits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I know you have some strange sympathy for Agatha but really stop that narrative. She literally was lying right into Wandas face and was about to kill her.

"Give me your power and I will correct the flaws in your original spell. And you and your family, and the people of Westview can all live together in peace. And no one will ever have to feel this pain again. Not even you."

"About our deal. Once cast a spell can never be changed. This world you made will always be broken. Just like you."

If that is neither crazy nor corrupt to you then I really don't know what else to say. I guess those words have a different definition for you then.

As for your last sentence. It doesn't work that way and never will. And Wanda made the conscious decision to read the Darkhold and that was shown. I don't see much point arguing about facts there.

Yes I want to add something more. I disagree.

As for what you want. Well not everybody gets want they want. Believe me I can you tell about it.

I also state again that I disagree with your "argument". There is also no need to salvage something because people love the character in general.

Well maybe you have missed the fact that Wong used to be the librarian of Kamar Taj and even taught Strange. He has always taken his responsibilities very serious too so yes there are few people in the world who can rival Wongs knowledge about anything mystical. And there is nothing sudden about it.
    The reasoning they gave is "Wong is the SS" not "Wong is the librarian and well-read on mystical lore".(In both cases of Vishanti and Cthonic lore.)
    I don't miss anything.
    Both conversation emphasizes his status as the SS, while never mentioning the fact he was the librarian.(Which is a fact in DS1 that is not brought up again in DS2.)
    Stop trying to help the writer weasel his way out of this lol.

And great, a character doesn't need fixing and salvaging because he/she is still popular, that's your logic and arrrrrguuuument of all this? You sound like a dev who only cares about profit than a fan, that's what I always accuse people of, no standards.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-28-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nope. Sad, isn't it? I wish we had something else to talk about besides a divisive movie, future appearances that don't exist yet and comic series that never happen.

We've never been able to figure out why Wanda doesn't benefit from MCU synergy, but nothing seems to convince the comics division that people want to see her.
    I guess we can talk about Midnight Suns when it came out, though honestly the premise of that game's story is also somewhat not ideal IMO.
    But at least she is a playable character and on the side of the good guys (eventually), what can go possibly wrong, lol.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So other than the hellfire gala and that Captain Marvel issue i guess we won't see Wanda in nothing else for this year?

No solicits, no nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The only synergy is to use her to sell variant covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    We can still hold out till Oct-Dec, though it’s highly unlikely she will be in anything I personally don’t like to throw in the towel completely
    I would not either Covetous_One, I still say we should see what they are doing with Our Wanda in The Gala, if anything when it comes to the comic synergy with what happen in ToM one of the Gala's Big Themes will be the new Mutant Heaven so their is a hope we might get a launching point of any book from their with how Wanda has been advertised with it.

However, if their is no synergy with Gala and no news before or after, then I think that will be the time we need to think about responsing to Marvel Comics with campgins to find and start asking question in hold their feet to the fire on why they are not using Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I guess we can talk about Midnight Suns when it came out, though honestly the premise of that game's story is also somewhat not ideal IMO.
    But at least she is a playable character and on the side of the good guys (eventually), what can go possibly wrong, lol.
    I think once we get more Mass Effect like talking scenes with our Wanda we will get more to talk about, I want to get the game, but I want to wait and see what they do with Our Wanda Too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think once we get more Mass Effect like talking scenes with our Wanda we will get more to talk about, I want to get the game, but I want to wait and see what they do with Our Wanda Too.
    I'll probably pre-order it when it gets closer to October. I tend to forget about pre-orders.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'll probably pre-order it when it gets closer to October. I tend to forget about pre-orders.
    Yea I have to rememeber to go to one of my local GameStops to do mine, whatever the case for Wanda in the game maybe I still feel it will be good and I keep hyping for the Mass Effect feel to the game. That brings back memories of getting to know those unique characters and bonding with your crew and learning of the various Alien Species they come from, it was Very Cool, still is.

Doing that on a Marvel Level in some for will be a treat.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen was on Good Morning America today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5cdhnKzE8

At 4:40 they discuss her MCU future.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I believe her here, because I have seen how bad she is at lying, lol. But hopefully, eventually someone contacts her about something. Especially since one producer seemed to hint at there being more, with her being the jewel.
    By all I can tell Miss Olsen is a rare lady in Hollywood that is honest and a very sincere person, if the rumors are true, it was thanks to her alone refusing to do certain things in MoM that would have made the movie even darker then we got.

She shows to a nice degree she cares about where she is taking Wanda’s Character and I hope she sticks to her guns in going only for a script that sounds good to her, I think after her experience with MoM she will be looking over any future Wanda project with more care now especially after she buffered against the deserves of the MoM Intelligentsia.

As for the Jewel Comment, I now keep my opinions on what comes form Marvel Studios opinions on Wanda with Grans of salt until they prove to gain back my trust fully. But I still take enough of what they say as they mean it to enough of a degree too. They can’t ignore the skills Miss Olsen has, the complete volume of fans behind Wanda and the surge in popularity she has, MoM is the last excuse now that we learned more about its troubling production history of not getting all these Wanda facts.

I think while other comments of theirs are less to be desired, that they are in a way trying to start to turn the ship around with Wanda and view her as a vital part of the MCU going forward with the Jewel comment. What meaning that will be if at all going forward, I don’t want to fully speculate, but the MCU now in these turbulent times will need to double down on their Mega Stars if they hope to keep audiences and long-time fans around during this transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am glad you think that way but for me it's really hard not to consider that narrative when they are so fucking insistant on saying "Wanda, your kids are fake" so many times.
    Yeah it's still kinda weird. Because when Strange says they're not real, Wanda says "but they are, in every other universe". Which like, what does that mean? If Wanda had her kids with a human man the natural way... They shouldn't look exactly like the ones she created with Chaos Magic. And they're also 10, which would mean Wanda had her children at 20. It makes no sense. Lizzie said on an interview that she imagines her being a single mom because she and Vision separated or something. I imagine that she just created them outside of the hex, so they don't need it to exist like the 616 ones. Which Strange says they're not real only because "you created them with magic", which I feel makes it just a matter of perspective.

So basically I'm choosing to handwave that and focus more on how the story is framed overall. Either way, whether 838 Billy and Tommy are real or not isn't brought into question. So it's still more about how she shouldn't try to steal her AU children from that version of her.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-28-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yea I have to rememeber to go to one of my local GameStops to do mine, whatever the case for Wanda in the game maybe I still feel it will be good and I keep hyping for the Mass Effect feel to the game. That brings back memories of getting to know those unique characters and bonding with your crew and learning of the various Alien Species they come from, it was Very Cool, still is.

Doing that on a Marvel Level in some for will be a treat.
    Would be cool instead of alien cutlures, those characters are representatives of their respective teams/mystical background. And you can ask them about their expertise in magic and what not.
    Hopefully Wanda is at least familiar with her own powerset/related lore.

By all I can tell Miss Olsen is a rare lady in Hollywood that is honest and a very sincere person, if the rumors are true, it was thanks to her alone refusing to do certain things in MoM that would have made the movie even darker then we got.

She shows to a nice degree she cares about where she is taking Wanda’s Character and I hope she sticks to her guns in going only for a script that sounds good to her, I think after her experience with MoM she will be looking over any future Wanda project with more care now especially after she buffered against the deserves of the MoM Intelligentsia.

As for the Jewel Comment, I now keep my opinions on what comes form Marvel Studios opinions on Wanda with Grans of salt until they prove to gain back my trust fully. But I still take enough of what they say as they mean it to enough of a degree too. They can’t ignore the skills Miss Olsen has, the complete volume of fans behind Wanda and the surge in popularity she has, MoM is the last excuse now that we learned more about its troubling production history of not getting all these Wanda facts.

I think while other comments of theirs are less to be desired, that they are in a way trying to start to turn the ship around with Wanda and view her as a vital part of the MCU going forward with the Jewel comment. What meaning that will be if at all going forward, I don’t want to fully speculate, but the MCU now in these turbulent times will need to double down on their Mega Stars if they hope to keep audiences and long-time fans around during this transition period.
    Yeah, we'll see what they do. And if they do nothing, then well, we've all sadly been there before. But I hope for something. And if it's not in the movies, have it be in a show, cartoon, the comics, something.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.