Page 442 of 456 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Probably the Maximoffs. I feel like who actually did kill Natalya should be established at some point.
    That's a reasonable take. It's just that I have the feeling her origin is no-go zone for writers because who wants to see his work smashed again later down the road when you can just focus on the here and now? Not that I think it's likely to happen but considering Marvels past track record it's a valid assumption. Considering all the things that already can and should be addressed when it comes to Wanda and I wouldn't be surprised if that won't make the cut. But maybe Im wrong and Orlando will do it anyway.

This makes me happy because as we know if a certain person at Marvel hadn't been removed from his position neither Black Panther nor Wanda would be on that cover. Thankfully justice has prevailed and I like that Wanda is among the "big guns".

Also I had a good chuckle reading that gift guide considering it recommends a Captain America premium statue. Im happy for people who have no material concerns but Im certainly not in the business of gifting someone else a $600 statue lol.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    This is a pretty good example because that's pretty much the vibe I got from their interaction. The stern teacher archetype.
    I will post their interaction so everyone has hasn't seen can form their impressions of it. It's an Infinity comic so different layout FYI.
    That last panel where she mentions Wiccans capabilities reminds me of what the Space Phantom said about Wanda having children and the terrible omen of her sons (presumably alternate and/or future versions of Wiccan and Speed) clashing with Eternity.

Future.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-25-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

This makes me happy because as we know if a certain person at Marvel hadn't been removed from his position neither Black Panther nor Wanda would be on that cover. Thankfully justice has prevailed and I like that Wanda is among the "big guns".
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with him, at least Wanda's prominence. To be honest it seems odd that she's there instead of Carol Danvers, but I wonder if there has been more of a push to put Wanda on things ever since WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That last panel where she mentions Wiccans capabilities reminds me of what the Space Phantom said about Wanda having children and the terrible omen of her sons (presumably alternate and/or future versions of Wiccan and Speed) clashing with Eternity.

Future.jpg
    That is pretty cool. From where is that panel? The art makes think this was long before Wiccan and speed where thought of as characters.

I like them being shown as this power family though

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with him, at least Wanda's prominence. To be honest it seems odd that she's there instead of Carol Danvers, but I wonder if there has been more of a push to put Wanda on things ever since WandaVision.

Since this is the Wanda thread I will say what I think. Wanda is a better female character than Carol. This is no shade against the character or Brie Larson. I have nothing against either but it's not exactly a secret that the MCU made for a very polarizing character. Even in places that are specifically for Marvel fans you can rarely post anything positive about this character without a certain part of the fan base wanting to tear you down. It's unfortunate and I can't even tell why but this stuff is real.

Now this book specifically is for kids so they thankfully don't know about this darker side yet but even in that context Wanda ads something that Carol doesn't. We had this topic before but Wanda is a very feminine character and in my opinion that's exactly what you want. It sends a better message to little girls in that you don't need to adopt traits that are seen as masculine to actually be seen as a big and powerful hero. You don't need to be stoic. You don't need to be able to defeat a man in arm wrestling. You don't need to be a soldier. You don't need to be a master in martial arts. You don't need to know how to use guns. You don't need to wear a uniform. You don't have to hide your feelings and emotions. And so on.

There are few female characters in Marvel who do all of this this better than Wanda and I agree that Marvel has become very aware of it. It's hard not to when instead of angering a certain part of the fan base you have attracted tons of simps and stans instead.

That's a reasonable take. It's just that I have the feeling her origin is no-go zone for writers because who wants to see his work smashed again later down the road when you can just focus on the here and now? Not that I think it's likely to happen but considering Marvels past track record it's a valid assumption. Considering all the things that already can and should be addressed when it comes to Wanda and I wouldn't be surprised if that won't make the cut. But maybe Im wrong and Orlando will do it anyway.
    Probably, but I feel like it wouldn't take up too much time to establish who killed her. At least tie up that dangling plot thread.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That is pretty cool. From where is that panel? The art makes think this was long before Wiccan and speed where thought of as characters.

I like them being shown as this power family though
    It's from Avengers Forever vol.1 #8 (not the current series, this is from the 12-part series from Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco) and you are right, this is from a few years prior, Wanda's sons in this image are more or less adult versions of the twin boys Wanda gave birth to who would eventually be reborn as Wiccan and Speed so...yeah, Wiccan and Speed hadn't been conceptualized as characters yet so these are like...prototype variants of them. Anyways, that whole issue was devoted to sorting out the whole question of whether Jim Hammond a.k.a. The original Human Torch and The Vision were the same being. There is a bunch of other Wanda/Vision related stuff in there as well, especially this whole interesting behind the scenes thing about Immortus aiding/manipulating Mephisto into doing the bidding of The Time Keepers without him even realizing it!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-26-2022 at 03:42 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Probably, but I feel like it wouldn't take up too much time to establish who killed her. At least tie up that dangling plot thread.
    Thinking about it you could make it into an entire plot point and that would feel way better then just going "Oh character XY killed her. Now you know. Moving on.".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It's from Avengers Forever vol.1 #8 (not the current series, this is from the 12-part series from Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco) and you are right, this is from a few years prior, Wanda's sons in this image are more or less adult versions of the twin boys Wanda gave birth to who would eventually be reborn as Wiccan and Speed so...yeah, Wiccan and Speed hadn't been conceptualized as characters yet so these are like...prototype variants of them. Anyways, that whole issue was devoted to sorting out the whole question of whether Jim Hammond a.k.a. The original Human Torch and The Vision were the same being. There is a bunch of other Wanda/Vision related stuff in there as well, especially this whole interesting behind the scenes thing about Immortus aiding/manipulating Mephisto into doing the bidding of The Time Keepers without him even realizing it!
    Thanks for this info. I checked and it was 5 years between this and Young Avengers so it's cool that in a way they still kept this true to this but I must say that I like that they made the twins resemble Wanda and Pietro instead of making both into powerful gods.

Thanks for this info. I checked and it was 5 years between this and Young Avengers so it's cool that in a way they still kept this true to this but I must say that I like that they made the twins resemble Wanda and Pietro instead of making both into powerful gods.
    Yeah, Wiccan and Speed do look a lot better in comparison to the "prototypes" shown in the vision of Eternity.

STRANGE ACADEMY: FINALS #3 UNKNOWN COMICS SABINE RICH EXCLUSIVE VAR

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...05131315490818
    Last edited by juan678; 11-27-2022 at 02:48 AM.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/28/x-...arlet-witch-2/
    Nice interview with new and different answers to a few questions asked of him, with lettered preview pages. The last one is nice cause at least it confirms Pietro keeps in touch with his daughter.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/28/x-...arlet-witch-2/
    Nice interview with new and different answers to a few questions asked of him, with lettered preview pages. The last one is nice cause at least it confirms Pietro keeps in touch with his daughter.
    I agree. It was a nice interview with some intriguing answers

What I took away from it was:

• Wanda might still be in a relationship with Dr. Voodoo. Exploring it is not a priority though.
    • Wandas feelings about Magnetos death will be explored in issue 2
    • The setting will be all over Earth and even universe wide.
    • He has ideas to explore Billy and Tommy and their relationship with Wanda further. The wording makes me assume he doesn't have something concrete yet though.
    • While there is a lot to explore in terms of relationships and the likes, the focus will absolutely be on Wanda and exploring her character as deeply as possible is the main goal of the book.

I'm glad they aren't ignoring the relationships she has with others, even if some things aren't concrete or in depth. While giving her more depth and keeping her as the focus.

I wouldn't expect anything different from a solo, but her having company also helps. It felt like they had her too isolated before.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ambiguity keeping the Jericho relationship alive .

Still not feeling Darcy in this book, but it's nice to see someone remember Pietro and Luna.

Wanda appears in the Midnight Suns shorts

She is so buff here or is it just her blouse?

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Wanda appears in the Midnight Suns shorts

She is so buff here or is it just her blouse?
    Funnily enough what you are saying was my first thought as well upon seeing it but Im not sure if it's about Wanda being buff or more about Nico just being very skinny compared to the others. But then maybe Wanda has been hitting the gym so she can kick ass even without magic.
    Anyway I loved this short. It had some interesting tidbits like Magik apparently only talking to Wanda but it overall showed these characters living together as a group and camaraderie and friendships forming. That's always nice to see and obviously Nico is awesome.

Last edited by Galerion; 11-28-2022 at 11:24 AM.