Page 241 of 456 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 6836
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Pretty much everything they did could have been written off as a Wanda variant. As others have pointed out, Wanda possessing her equivalents in other universes is exactly like Lore in her comic mini, though at this point I suspect it was a coincidence.

They were just bound and determined that "our" Wanda had to be the evil one, and they were too stubborn to change course.

You know speaking of variants, another way Wanda was done dirty in this film is that her multiversal equivalent had no personality and nothing to do. She spent most of her screen time possessed by main Wanda and had no characteristics other than being a mom. There was nothing for Elizabeth Olsen to play there.
    I don’t think it was a coincidence. I think they read up on what it means for Wanda to be a nexus being, and read that storyline about Lore. This film was Avengers Disassembled, with aspects of Lore deliberately given to Wanda to make her a much greater threat. A multiversal threat.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Was going to give my 2c about the Wanda of it all in MoM, but I'll just post some art.

Attachment 121068

Tried an MCU inspired look, like that it kind of looks like an animated version of her.

Attachment 121069

This took 3x as long and I absolutely despise it for some reason lol. Just couldn't do the costume justice.

https://imgur.com/jE1UUtW

https://imgur.com/yN8Uvnv
    You should Not undercut yourself at All Ibara, you have great skill here and you should be proud of yourself these are Lovely and So on point in capturing Wanda and the flow of her looks!

It really is nice of you to share them with us and I encourage you to keep it up.

Honestly it just reminds me how much I appreciate seeing fans with such skill in drawing and how it is so hard for me to do, I just like giving credit to fellow fans like you who can show Wanda with such skill, Thank You.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think it was a coincidence. I think they read up on what it means for Wanda to be a nexus being, and read that storyline about Lore. This film was Avengers Disassembled, with aspects of Lore deliberately given to Wanda to make her a much greater threat. A multiversal threat.
    Yeah, and it butchered her character lol.
    Like I said, anything around her can be turned against her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, and it butchered her character lol.
    Like I said, anything around her can be turned against her.
    The good thing is it can be turned Right around and we can get healing for our Wanda just as much, especially now that they are getting called out on it and the creators are getting the blame mostly where it should be. Combined that with her popularity hold strongly or even stronger then before with desire now to see more of our Wanda and to have justice done for her their are opens around to see and the push back is indeed their and seemly growing to do Wanda Justice.

P.S. This is just a, a very early on the point on the very beginning start but it is something that can be worked with and something no matter how hard the trek or the times is still worth fighting for and working for the hoping of.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-13-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Technically she possess other Nexus Beings who are not necessarily Wanda.

In the movie, Wanda is probably just not important enough to warrant this kind of narrative protection and this privilege is saved for Stephen.

Also Lore is not fucking baby crazy, at least she is the cool kind of evil lol.
    The Scarlet Witch mini kinda implied the nexus beings were all/mostly "Wandas". They say they're "like sisters" and a panel shows an image of a bunch of them all with the same face.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Wasn't that a Doom Bot?
    Later on it ended up being a Doombot written by Heinberg and then Bendis tried to retcon it back into being really Wanda. I think it's best if comics just stays away from it completely.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Later on it ended up being a Doombot written by Heinberg and then Bendis tried to retcon it back into being really Wanda. I think it's best if comics just stays away from it completely.
    Wait, he did? I didn't know that. What's with Bendis trying to make Clint/Wanda happen? Just weird.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, he did? I didn't know that. What's with Bendis trying to make Clint/Wanda happen? Just weird.
    Bendis just likes to randomly shove Wanda into his totally not creepy sexy scene, like Stephen Strange's wet dream.

Julian Hilliard Twitter oficial

Video new Doctor Strange 2 Behind Scene

https://twitter.com/_JulianHilliard/...37685941817344

and

https://twitter.com/_JulianHilliard/...77375799840768

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, luckily it seems to go ignored. Hopefully it stays that way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wanda is Zodiac Aquarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No she absolutely did not. Wanda did not have her memories and could not properly consent.
    Hawkeye had been killed by Wanda twice before this. Making him out to be a predator when he himself had suffered from serious trauma is not great.

That scene may have been poorly written, but it isn’t something that should be used to demonize Hawkeye. Bend is was simply a crappy writer or many things. I loved his Jean Grey, though. Loved his Magik.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hawkeye had been killed by Wanda twice before this. Making him out to be a predator when he himself had suffered from serious trauma is not great.

That scene may have been poorly written, but it isn’t something that should be used to demonize Hawkeye. Bend is was simply a crappy writer or many things. I loved his Jean Grey, though. Loved his Magik.
    No one is demonizing Clint just like we are not demonizing Wanda when pointing out bad writing in AD/HOM.
    Your case of Hawkeye being killed twice is also writing on Bendis's part. So you etiher recognize both and reject both.

So really just say it's bad writing instead of "she died twice so it's okay for him to bang Wanda when she has amnesia".
    (Bendis insisting it's the real Wanda also kinda makes him a creep lol. For a character he ruined so casually he is surely sexually obsessed with her for some reason.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-14-2022 at 06:29 AM.