Page 37 of 456 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Love the giant cape.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

WOW This is Beyond Amazing, where is this from?!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Don’t care how much…I NEED THIS!
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel has long roped many of it's books into events. Even Wanda's last solo got roped into CWII which she had nothing to do with. So yeah, often times ongoings do have something to do with if they fit in with Marvel's over-arching plans.
    Well, do we know all the tie-ins future events are getting? I recall that during King in Black, it was only after the event started that Marvel announced Spidey would get a tie-in.

We don't know current sales of any books atm because of the Penguin House switch. But before that, Avengers was selling well. 30-40k range per month.
    Hm, that's good, but question is if it's that much because Avengers are that recognizable as a brand, or because of the amount of characters with their own on-goings in it, and that's worth considering, 'cause if Avengers were to get another comic with less "all stars", and the "all stars" are what's keeping Avengers in this safe 30k-40k range, then it's not worth it.

Maybe they should experiment with this with the main title once Jason Aaron is gone, remove an "all star" or two for a while and see what it does for sales, that can give an idea, even if it's not a guarantee another title will have good sales anyways... They're not X-Men to have this much safety lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'm not an expert, so is that good?
    Around 25k and below are cancellation numbers, so being at around 30k at least is good enough, with 40k being good.

Yeah it's usually close to top-mid of sales. Rarely you get books that go over 100k monthly but that's usually titles no one can compete with like Batman.
    Events may reach those numbers too, I wanna use the Metal events from DC as an example, since they're the only ones I remember them reaching 100k, but that one is probably a cheat 'cause it's a Batman event, with evil Batmen, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I JUST Made My Order Tonight for My Scarlet Witch Collection!

That Ultron's head she's making it float above her head? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, do we know all the tie-ins future events are getting? I recall that during King in Black, it was only after the event started that Marvel announced Spidey would get a tie-in.
    We don't really have to when guessing if someone is in Marvel's plans. Especially since all past events have had tie-ins to some extent. It's just an assumption that they don't have plans to use her for anything if she's not in any solicits up until April.

Hm, that's good, but question is if it's that much because Avengers are that recognizable as a brand, or because of the amount of characters with their own on-goings in it, and that's worth considering, 'cause if Avengers were to get another comic with less "all stars", and the "all stars" are what's keeping Avengers in this safe 30k-40k range, then it's not worth it.

Maybe they should experiment with this with the main title once Jason Aaron is gone, remove an "all star" or two for a while and see what it does for sales, that can give an idea, even if it's not a guarantee another title will have good sales anyways... They're not X-Men to have this much safety lol.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this in context of a conversation discussing every book Wanda's in recently selling out. She doesn't apply to the whole no "all stars" thing.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-22-2022 at 10:47 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

We don't really have to when guessing if someone is in Marvel's plans. Especially since all past events have had tie-ins to some extent. It's just an assumption that they don't have plans to use her for anything if she's not in any solicits up until April.
    Given that Judgement Day is starting in the Summer we will have to wait for the May or June Solicits to see if Wanda is in a tie-in. Hopefully she isn't

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WOW This is Beyond Amazing, where is this from?!!!
    I found this on Art station. There more angles there too.

https://www.art_station.com/artwork/eaweG3

You have to remove the underscore from Art station for the link to work. Apparently the filter on this website really doesn't like it.

In my news feed it looks like new promos for MoM have appeared.

We could have a situation where an events starts an on-going, but then again, maybe that's more of a Spidey editorial thing to do.

I'm not sure what you mean by this in context of a conversation discussing every book Wanda's in recently selling out. She doesn't apply to the whole no "all stars" thing.
    I mean I was throwing my own theories about why there isn't more than one Avengers comic nowadays lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

We could have a situation where an events starts an on-going, but then again, maybe that's more of a Spidey editorial thing to do.
    I'm not meaning it in that context. That their events push what they are doing in comics for the next year. And Wanda might not be planned in any of that. They might not want to use her in events nor books that spin off from those or tie into those.

It could be likely we are just destined to Wanda on variant covers and in guest appearances. If they don't have anything planned for around the release of Strange 2, we have our answer. Because they didn't have anything planned for WandaVision either.

It's just curious because before it could be excused away as something due to sales. Now that isn't an excuse.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Its a weird situation cause they were quick to make new books for falcon and the winter soldier, loki and even Kang got something after the reveal in Loki

Its just wanda that her got nothing even darkhold alpha got pushed for covid while the others didn't

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

We should send e-mails to Marvel, and more specifically the Avengers office. I always say I will but never get around to.

Tweeting Cebulski and Tom Brevoort is probably a way to at least let them know too.

I think I preferred the WandaVision costume, but at least she has the headpiece now going forward.

What if… Mr Kurt Busiek is slated to write a Wanda solo and is hanging around this thread to get a deeper education on the character’s recent escapades and test the waters on different ideas about continuity?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”