Page 237 of 456 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Finally a larger channel covers this.
    Still curious about some small channels I watch, they liked WV for its nuance(some even say she accidentally became a gay icon or something, it was posted here as well I think). Wonder how they feel now.

In an interview with The Playlist, Waldron was asked about his thoughts on the negative reactions from WandaVision fans claiming that many of Wanda's actions in the film were out of character. "I guess I would say to the WandaVision fans, like, I get it," he said. "Watching a character you love do bad things sucks. That elicits a strong feeling, which is what we’re trying to do in the movies. We never would have done it if it didn’t feel like the next step in her character journey."

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2...davision-fans/

I swear this is what bothers me the most, Having to listen to the usual patronizing explanations that tells you how the storytelling is consistent and the problem is totally in your head.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-13-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Raimi's honesty about not having watched all of WandaVision, and developing most of this story before he even heard of the show, is much easier to take.

Waldron's interviews are annoying because he's spinning these theories about how the movie matches up with the show, or why she wasn't looking for Vision... none of it is in the movie, or he wouldn't have to come up with silly explanations like she learned to let go of her grief but not her anger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    In an interview with The Playlist, Waldron was asked about his thoughts on the negative reactions from WandaVision fans claiming that many of Wanda's actions in the film were out of character. "I guess I would say to the WandaVision fans, like, I get it," he said. "Watching a character you love do bad things sucks. That elicits a strong feeling, which is what we’re trying to do in the movies. We never would have done it if it didn’t feel like the next step in her character journey."

I swear this is what bothers me the most, Having to listen to usual patronizing explanations that tells you the storytelling is consistent and the problem is totally in your head.
    Just like David Benioff and D.B. Weiss telling people Dany's logical next step and how she kinda forget about things lol.
    Also if he actually gets it, he should just quit for his utter lack of ability to write a good script.(Also seriously, dude is generally no good for fantasy elements, he cannot even get fancy with the Elder Gods lore dumping)
    You would never have to explain yourself if you are actually competent.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-13-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

When you start to have to explain yourself like this, that is when your career can start to fault or you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing.

I never yet have seen Game of Thrones but inconsistent of the finale season was so loud that even non-fans yet to see heard it.

When you are showing a lack of skill and caring in your scripts that have such clear holes to it and they are easy to point out it will send now warning flags to other producers and studios they might not be able to trust you in writing their films correctly for them, leading to lost box office or backlash like justified here.

Or even worst even if you get hired but have a bad reputation if the next project goes southbound then you can become the likely escape goat for failing and then you a pretty much done in Hollywood.

This shows like we learned about actors starting in the 2000’s these guys that make films sound smart and do past jobs we’ll maybe, but they are just as likely to be in the woods and wing it leaving out vital story elements just to make a payment or meet a deadline, while hoping no one noticed enough to keep their next job.

But we do now.

Talking in this retaliatory like manner in his interview just shows how they are getting under his skin and that is while needing to be respectful good, they should be held to account and it should not let up by fans or the media.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-13-2022 at 08:39 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, Raimi's honesty about not having watched all of WandaVision, and developing most of this story before he even heard of the show, is much easier to take.

Waldron's interviews are annoying because he's spinning these theories about how the movie matches up with the show, or why she wasn't looking for Vision... none of it is in the movie, or he wouldn't have to come up with silly explanations like she learned to let go of her grief but not her anger.
    Yeah, and Jac Schaeffer's honesty about not reading comics kinda get her dunked on a bit.
    I guess being a famous director or egomaniac dude writer has its benefits

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    When you start to have to explain yourself like this, that is when your career can start to fault or you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing.

I never yet have seen Game of Thrones but inconsistent of the finale season was so loud that even non-fans yet to see heard it.

When you are showing a lack of skill and caring in your scripts that have such clear holes to it and they are easy to point out it will send now warning flags to other producers and studios they might not be able to trust you in writing their films correctly for them, leading to lost box office or backlash like justified here.

Or even worst even if you get hired but have a bad reputation if the next project goes southbound then you can become the likely escape goat for failing and then you a pretty much done in Hollywood.

This shows like we learned about actors starting in the 2000’s these guys that make films sound smart and do past jobs we’ll maybe, but they are just as likely to be in the woods and wing it leaving out vital story elements just to make a payment or meet a deadline, while hoping no one noticed enough to keep their next job.

But we do now.

Talking in this retaliatory like manner in his interview just shows how they are getting under his skin and that is while needing to be respectful good, they should be held to account and it should not let up by fans or the media.
    Game of Thrones already kinda start to drop in terms of quality in Season 6. The stories are already falling apart in details and lore implications like characters seemingly teleporting across continents and seas, very jarring choice to balance out each faction's power so it's not too onesided(The Martell prince is murdered and no one bats an eye and the murderer casually took charge, The Reach's forces kinda just vanish after High Garden is conveniently taken, Cersi blowing up the Fantasy equivalent of Vatican and literally faced no consequences what so ever, the list goes on), but people can still pretend it's overall good with its shock value and shock value.

Until Season 8 where this all falls apart with even more obvious and nonsensical writing and more importantly the butchering of several beloved characters(and generally characters arcs being undone or just them being fucking dumb.)

Sorry, can't help with te GoT rant, I kinda saw this coming and everyone gaslit me about how this show is still totally perfect and stuff.

If anything MoM is probably similar to season 6-7 where it's not outright condemnation, but people still notice the glaring problems. Maybe Waldron kept writing for MCU, this issue will get blown out of proportaion and people will finally call out his BS.

But we do now.

As far as I am concerned when it comes to Wanda they phoned it in and went for the LOWEST anging fruit because they knew they could ultimately get away with it, instead of shoving the cool aid down our throat (we are not that gullible) the writers should be thanking their lucky star they had such an awesome actress playing the part, Elisabeth Olsen carried on her shoulders the entire work required to sell her villanous turn to the audience.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-13-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully Wanda can get her little corner without much distraction and annoyance.
    It'd be nice if Wanda can do her own thing for a while, but I think she works a bit better if she's bossing Vision around and hanging out with Agatha. But Olsen DOES seem a bit jaded right now. Bettany and Hahn are doing other things from what I understand (I think Paul is doing a stage play about Warhol and Basquiat, and Kathryn is working on Knives Out 2). All I'm saying is that the other two main stars from WandaVision have been free to do other things and they seem to be enjoying themselves. I watch pretty closely how the actors/actresses act when promoting their projects to see if the final products are good. Hemsworth and Ruffalo seemed to be overjoyed when they were plugging Thor 3. Holland, Garfield and Maguire seemed absolutely delighted talking about Now Way Home. We already discussed Olsen, Hahn and Bettany pumping up WandaVision. I'm just not getting that vibe from Cumberbatch and Olsen for the MoM. Doesn't mean they're unhappy though. Strange 2 made a shitload of money. It's just weird to me that actors and actresses involved in a project that is gonna make at least close to a billion dollars in theaters are so subdued. If I was participating in something like that I would be dancing like one of those deadbeats on Maury when they find out they ain't the baby daddy. That's just my impression. It's been ALL Marvel for the past two years for Lizzie, and I think she's a bit fatigued. I also read that Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch are taking breaks from acting for a while. I don't think fans appreciate how much of a toll these Marvel projects take on these performers. I think it says a LOT if the CREATORS in the MCU are not even watching movies/shows that are DIRECTLY related to the stuff they're working on, and Disney expects fans to. I'm not gonna give Waldron, Raimi and Feige a hard time. I think they want to create products that entertain moviegoers and television viewers. They're not trying to piss audiences off. The characters in the MCU are fictional, and I'm against "cancelling" people who I think have a right to earn a decent living. Constructive and reasonable criticism of the direction the MCU is heading towards is fair game though. Waldron had to work on two back-to-back MASSIVE projects in the past two years. So I'm gonna cut him some slack. I think a lot of these issues could have been avoided if Marvel put out less movies and shows. I know I sound like a broken record, but I think it's getting to be too much. And this is coming from somebody who LOVES the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It'd be nice if Wanda can do her own thing for a while, but I think she works a bit better if she's bossing Vision around and hanging out with Agatha. But Olsen DOES seem a bit jaded right now. Bettany and Hahn are doing other things from what I understand (I think Paul is doing a stage play about Warhol and Basquiat, and Kathryn is working on Knives Out 2). All I'm saying is that the other two main stars from WandaVision have been free to do other things and they seem to be enjoying themselves. I watch pretty closely how the actors/actresses act when promoting their projects to see if the final products are good. Hemsworth and Ruffalo seemed to be overjoyed when they were plugging Thor 3. Holland, Garfield and Maguire seem absolutely delighted talking about Now Way Home. We already discussed Olsen, Hahn and Bettany pumping up WandaVision. I'm just not getting that vibe from Cumberbatch and Olsen for the MoM. Doesn't mean they're unhappy though. That's just my impression. It's been ALL Marvel for the past two years for Lizzie, and I think she's a bit fatigued. I also read that Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch are taking breaks from acting for a while. I don't think fans appreciate how much of a toll these Marvel projects take on these performers. I think it says a LOT if the CREATORS in the MCU are not even watching movies/shows that are DIRECTLY related to the stuff they're working on, and Disney expects fans to. I'm not gonna give Waldron, Raimi and Feige a hard time. I think they want to create products that entertains moviegoers and television viewers. They're not trying to piss audiences off. The characters in the MCU are fictional, and I'm against "cancelling" people who I think have a right to earn a decent living. Constructive and reasonable criticism of the direction the MCU is heading towards is fair game though. Waldron had to work on back-to-back MASSIVE projects in the past two years. So I'm gonna cut him some slack. I think a lot of these issues could have been avoided if Marvel put out less movies and shows. I know I sound like a broken record, but I think it's getting to be too much. And this is coming from somebody who LOVES the MCU.
    By her little corner I mean something that includes her closest associates, she still needs supporting cast.
    Aside from the obvious, they can still use characters like Modred the Mystic or Victoria Montesi.

Game of Thrones already kinda start to drop in terms of quality in Season 6. The stories are already falling apart in details and lore implications like characters seemingly teleporting across continents and seas, very jarring choice to balance out each faction's power so it's not too onesided(The Martell prince is murdered and no one bats an eye and the murderer casually took charge, The Reach's forces kinda just vanish after High Garden is conveniently taken, Cersi blowing up the Fantasy equivalent of Vatican and literally faced no consequences what so ever, the list goes on), but people can still pretend it's overall good with its shock value and shock value.

Until Season 8 where this all falls apart with even more obvious and nonsensical writing and more importantly the butchering of several beloved characters(and generally characters arcs being undone or just them being fucking dumb.)

Sorry, can't help with te GoT rant, I kinda saw this coming and everyone gaslit me about how this show is still totally perfect and stuff.

If anything MoM is probably similar to season 6-7 where it's not outright condemnation, but people still notice the glaring problems. Maybe Waldron kept writing for MCU, this issue will get blown out of proportaion and people will finally call out his BS.
    Yea I hear is Watch, Watch and why have I not watched it yea LOL and it is on my to do list, but indeed I am not looking forward to the ending by what I hear and thanks for that detailing explanation to it, indeed I will be referring back to it when by some I watch it, Thanks for this.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Yea I hear is Watch, Watch and why have I not watched it yea LOL and it is on my to do list, but indeed I am not looking forward to the ending by what I hear and thanks for that detailing explanation to it, indeed I will be referring back to it when by some I watch it, Thanks for this.
    Oh, sorry, I was under the assumption that you won't watch it due to its drop in quality later. So I kinda went into spoiler territory.

Lightbulb

As far as I am concerned when it comes to Wanda they phoned it in and went for the LOWEST anging fruit because they knew they could ultimately get away with it, instead of shoving the cool aid down our throat (we are not that gullible) the writers should be thanking their lucky star they had such an awesome actress playing the part, Elisabeth Olsen carried on her shoulders the entire work required to sell her villanous turn to the audience.
    Miss Olsen is a Treasure and it was honestly thanks to her that it was not worst when she refused to do more dark stories in the movies.

As for backlash as you put it I am figuring it is going to increase now that the hype for the movie is dying down and the beginnings of honest assessments of the movie can begin. By the sounding Miss Olsen did carry the movie but it should no excuse bad writing or char development and it should not be let go.

These are the times for fans to keep on the pressure and ask fundamental yet respectful questions using the tools at our disposal to make sure we want better for Wanda in the MCU.

Oh, sorry, I was under the assumption that you won't watch it due to its drop in quality later. So I kinda went into spoiler territory.
    That’s ok it will be a while before I do and I enjoy either way, if I ever get to it with my pill of other pop culture I have to do LOL, but no your points help not hurt so don’t worry.

I swear this is what bothers me the most, Having to listen to the usual patronizing explanations that tells you how the storytelling is consistent and the problem is totally in your head.
    He doesn't get it. Because she did bad things in WV. It just had more nuance attached to it. And sure some of these things were in comics. But some of those comics were bad. And were made worse by cherrypicking out parts he wanted to use.

And sure Wanda read from the Darkhold, but that felt tacked onto the end of WV after a journey through the stages of grief just to last minute try to line up with Strange 2. Which didn't really work, because she goes from being concerned about her own sons, to trying to kidnap another Wanda's sons. And last I knew, the Darkhold didn't make people lose their memories. It also didn't always possess people. I just feel I'd have rathered it's intro be more fleshed out and the book of the Vishanti gone into than let's just destroy everything and cheapen magic lore.

Her story in MoM had little to do with her grief over other people she's lost. She also could have just recreated her family and went and lived somewhere isolated. It's a major plot hole.

And the whole thing just turned her into a cartoon villain.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.