Page 166 of 456 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wanda wasnt sane. Her wiping out the mutants worked in context with the story and where she was at mentally at the time. It wasnt a rationale or logical action bc she had completely lost her mind leading up to it. Its not like she was perfectly sane and just decided to wake up one day and wipe them out. That would have been pure evil and completely out of character. Thats not how it was written though. She was mentally ill.
    Yeah, but the whole condition that lead to her supposed insanity is based on Bendis's lack of understanding of her history.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The darkhold probably making her go to a dark path in this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That’s what the leaks suggest but it’s a really poor excuse.

I’d actually prefer it if she went evil but we saw it happen over the course of the story, because then it would be her tragedy.

Avengers Disassembled was terrible because it had her go insane offscreen and just brought her on as a shock twist in a story that wasn’t even about her. And instead of learning from how stupid & sexist that story was… well, I can’t assume it’s that bad, but it’s hard to be optimistic.

Either the story is better than the leaks make it sound or it’s another misogynistic treatment of Wanda from creators who pretend to be progressive. And a movie that goes for cheap shocks over character, just like Disassembled.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That is just lame IMO, also it's not even her movie. This kind of development should be explored in her solo or something.
    I almost wish she is simply not part of MoM.
    WE Cannot be just forgetting that Ramia said their are variants and the evil Wanda is likely very much a variant, our MCU Wanda is likely going to be on the right side and going threw a similar face down like Strange is with Heartless Strange.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WE Cannot be just forgetting that Ramia said their are variants and the evil Wanda is likely very much a variant, our MCU Wanda is likely going to be on the right side and going threw a similar face down like Strange is with Heartless Strange.
    I hope you're right CJ, but I just worry you will be very down if it is indeed our Wanda doing the evil things (for whatever reason). I'm getting too depressed in advance, but just don't get your hopes up too much.

Really we should all just not think about the movie until we know what happens in it in the final version, but it's a bit late for that. But that's what we should have done.

I hope you're right CJ, but I just worry you will be very down if it is indeed our Wanda doing the evil things (for whatever reason). I'm getting too depressed in advance, but just don't get your hopes up too much.

Really we should all just not think about the movie until we know what happens in it in the final version, but it's a bit late for that. But that's what we should have done.
    I am Pretty Certain Now our Wanda is going to be Ok, their is to much chatter and event Rami himself giving out leaks about the Varaints now and it make to much sense Evil Wanda Varaint is the Evil one Your Leakers have been talking about, not MCU Wanda..

I can be Wrong, but I and some of My Friends don't At ALL Believe she will be Evil, MCU Wanda, All the Evidance Moves Towards she will be OK.

But Ontop on that, it would make NO Logical Finance Sense to Ruin Marvel Studios and Disney's New Cash Cow and Female Lead(Disney LOVES Female Leading Ladies) just for what, REASONS cause Bendis did wrong 2 decades ago. NO, They would not do that and throw aways Millions of Dollar, Status, Merch and Make a Leading Lady they can promote the Heck out of with a Majorly Amazing Actress in Miss Olsen.

Logic, Pure Money Not just Talks It Screams and Populrity Sells Trucks Loads, Logic Speaks to Wanda of the MCU Being OK, I has been Nearly Not been $$$$$ logical possible they do her dirty at all.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I wonder if Bendis watched X-Men Evolution for research, since she was institutionalized in that briefly. That and the 80s moment are the only ones that come to mind. Though I enjoy House of M (maybe because of the Olivier Coipel art…). It probably would have been better received by Wanda fans if she didnt disappear for years after it wrapped.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

One thing I agree with is: it makes no sense for Wanda to cause a world of pain just to get her kids back when WandaVision ended with her letting them go precisely so she could do the right thing and not hurt people. If she simply had the mentality that her kids were more worth it than people she doesn't give a **** about, she'd still be in Westview chilling with her family. So they definitely need a deeper reason to make her go rogue on DSITMOM.

I feel like the best justification they can give to her actions is that the Darkhold not only corrupted her, but made her believe that what she did on WandaVision actually endangered her kids somehow instead of simply making them disappear. If she's motivated by the thought that her actions actually caused more hurt and she's trying to make up for it, then that'd be more in line with her behavior on WandaVision. She heard them crying for help on that post-credit scene, so it's not out of the realms of possibility that she actually believes that she's doing it all to save them. Of course that doesn't justify crossing several lines like we think she might cross, but that's the part where I think the Darkhold corruption comes in. She's gonna behave in an unusual way because she's not being her usual self. But if they make it clear that she only got that point because she had good intentions (she thought she needed to save her children, and the Darkhold -or whoever/whatever dwells in it- used that as a way to manipulate her into doing those ugly things), then I think it's understandable. I know it's not what many Wanda fans want, but I think it's the best scenario if that is indeed our Wanda and not just a variant.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-23-2022 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    One thing I agree with is: it makes no sense for Wanda to cause a world of pain just to get her kids back when WandaVision ended with her letting them go precisely so she could do the right thing and not hurt people. If she simply had the mentality that her kids were more worth it than people she doesn't give a **** about, she'd still be in Westview chilling with her family. So they definitely need a deeper reason to make her go rogue on DSITMOM.

I feel like the best justification they can give to her actions is that the Darkhold not only corrupted her, but made her believe that what she did on WandaVision actually endangered her kids somehow instead of simply making them disappear. If she's motivated by the thought that her actions actually caused more hurt and she's trying to make up for it, then that'd be more in line with her behavior on WandaVision. She heard them crying for help on that post-credit scene, so it's not out of the realms of possibility that she actually believes that she's doing it all to save them. Of course that doesn't justify crossing several lines like we think she might cross, but that's the part where I think the Darkhold corruption comes in. She's gonna behave in an unusual way because she's not being her usual self. But if they make it clear that she only got that point because she had good intentions (she thought she needed to save her children, and the Darkhold -or whoever/whatever dwells in it- used that as a way to manipulate her into doing those ugly things), then I think it's understandable. I know it's not what many Wanda fans want, but I think it's the best scenario if that is indeed our Wanda and not just a variant.
    That is a Good Breakdown and well Thought out and while I do think some of that will be in play;

I still think the Evil Varaint Wanda that is now gaining more chatter and more varaints like the Zombie Variants are likley going to be the ones doing evil. Our MCU Wanda will still be on a Dark Journey however, having to dive and see into what she can become if she does not gain more control and understand on who she is.

I think this is where both the Darkhold, it's corruption and even Chthon will start to come in and Wanda will have to deal with, what makes this movie so good it that it will likely go in ways we don't really imagine yet and might do right by MCU Wanda in ways we cannot fully see and figure out yet, the story will need time to tell itself, but I still feel it will be ok in the end for our MCU Wanda.

That is a Good Breakdown and well Thought out and while I do think some of that will be in play;

I still think the Evil Varaint Wanda that is now gaining more chatter and more varaints like the Zombie Variants are likley going to be the ones doing evil. Our MCU Wanda will still be on a Dark Journey however, having to dive and see into what she can become if she does not gain more control and understand on who she is.

I think this is where both the Darkhold, it's corruption and even Chthon will start to come in and Wanda will have to deal with, what makes this movie so good it that it will likely go in ways we don't really imagine yet and might do right by MCU Wanda in ways we cannot fully see and figure out yet, the story will need time to tell itself, but I still feel it will be ok in the end for our MCU Wanda.
    While spoiler tags aren’t really used here, I will for this.

spoilers:
    Isn’t the reason we see different Wanda’s/variants because Wanda can’t manage to go to the other universes/timelines/whatever and has to use the the variant in the universe to communicate? It is why she is after America because she has the ability to.
    end of spoilers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    While spoiler tags aren’t really used here, I will for this.

spoilers:
    Isn’t the reason we see different Wanda’s/variants because Wanda can’t manage to go to the other universes/timelines/whatever and has to use the the variant in the universe to communicate? It is why she is after America because she has the ability to.
    end of spoilers
    I am Not to sure about that, it is a good question;

spoilers:
    My head gets fuzzy sometimes on the Nexus parts at times, but I say Read the 1994 Scarlet Witch Solo Series, that likely I am feeling some ideas for this movie is coming form that series, goes well into Wanda's Nexus being and different Varations of her;
    end of spoilers

I am Not to sure about that, it is a good question;

spoilers:
    My head gets fuzzy sometimes on the Nexus parts at times, but I say Read the 1994 Scarlet Witch Solo Series, that likely I am feeling some ideas for this movie is coming form that series, goes well into Wanda's Nexus being and different Varations of her;
    end of spoilers

I don't remember anything saying she can't go to other universes, just that she existed equally in all universes. That every Scarlet Witch was the focal point of that universe's mystical energies. Lore herself travelled to other worlds seeking out other Nexus Beings to kill. But the Nexus Being stuff is something they didn't spend a lot of time going into a lot of depth on. So the movies could easily make it whatever.

I think Strange 2 likely makes more references to her 90s series, and maybe Nights of Wundagore. I think her show was the HoM reference and the Byrne stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Some stuff according to leaks, might be fake ofc but right now I think it's true:

spoilers:
    Apparently she does indeed think her children are in danger and is trying to go through the multiverse to help them. But then after she does all that **** to get them like fighting the Illuminati, Billy and Tommy are actually scared of her and want their "real mom" which is the brown-haired Wanda variant. This part isn't clear but apparently they're not even the same Billy and Tommy from WV but just the variants from that other universe. And then she's devastated that all she did was for nothing and leaves them alone with the other Wanda.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that's all from the plot some random person posted to Reddit last August (and which other leakers like "MyTimeToShineHello" stole and passed off as their own).

It sounds absolutely terrible in every way, but all the scenes in trailers so far have matched up with scenes mentioned in that plot, which is why the despairing feeling that if the leak isn't missing some important context, we are really screwed.

The only positive thing I can think of to say is that that leak appeared before any reshoots and there haven't been any new leaks since then, so it's possible we might see something that isn't mentioned in that plot. I just won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Some stuff according to leaks, might be fake ofc but right now I think it's true:

spoilers:
    Apparently she does indeed think her children are in danger and is trying to go through the multiverse to help them. But then after she does all that **** to get them like fighting the Illuminati, Billy and Tommy are actually scared of her and want their "real mom" which is the brown-haired Wanda variant. This part isn't clear but apparently they're not even the same Billy and Tommy from WV but just the variants from that other universe. And then she's devastated that all she did was for nothing and leaves them alone with the other Wanda.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, that's all from the plot some random person posted to Reddit last August (and which other leakers like "MyTimeToShineHello" stole and passed off as their own).

It sounds absolutely terrible in every way, but all the scenes in trailers so far have matched up with scenes mentioned in that plot, which is why the despairing feeling that if the leak isn't missing some important context, we are really screwed.

The only positive thing I can think of to say is that that leak appeared before any reshoots and there haven't been any new leaks since then, so it's possible we might see something that isn't mentioned in that plot. I just won't get my hopes up.
    I would get Mine Up.

1st thanks for the leak info Wiccan, it is appreciated you shared that with us.

While reading it their is still by how it came across to me MANY context and plot that need to be filled in to figure more out, if this is based on the on leaks even mostly abit from last year around August that is old news not much worth getting to much in wraps about cause with reshoots and edits happening enough since then it is old news.

Even if it is based on new news their is much still to understand and need much context indeed.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-24-2022 at 02:16 PM.