Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
I never loved the logic that Wanda and Carol were the biggest threats to Thanos, since both of them were empowered by Infinity Stones (pre WandaVision development and probability hex stuff, anyway), and Thanos had *six* of them on his fat fist. He *should* have been able to outclass them with even one of those stones, if not flat-out *de*empower them using the stones that empowered them!

The idea that some person empowered by a rock on your hand, that you've got *six* of, can beat you, just falls flat on it's face for me. If nothing else, he should have been able to use those same stones to empower *himself* six times as powerful as Carol or Wanda!

Agreed. And I'd hope that they can attempt an 'author saving throw' by saying later that at least some of Wanda's power in this movie came from her connection to the Darkhold, and that, post-Darkhold, she's a bit less over-the-top, and that this 'Scarlet Witch' prophecy is put to bed and she's back to being powerful and capable, but no longer 'annihilate Kamar Taj in a fit of rage' powerful.
As you have noted yourself this is only really valid for Carol since Wanda was born with her powers. Her contact with the mind just made her aware of them.

And Wanda fought a Thanos without the gauntlet which is still a feat it itself since he easily defeated Thor, Iron Man and Cap with Mjolnir before.
Carol fought against him with the gauntlet but it's important to remember what exactly happened. If you have noticed Thanos need to close his fist to activate any of the stones effects. Every single time he activated one of the stones effects he did so. The gauntlet was built that way. Just wearing it doesn't give you any powers. Hence why Carols fight with him was totally legit since she held his hand open to prevent him from activating the gauntlet in the first place. That's why he had to get creative and remove the power stone manually to deal with her.