Page 324 of 456 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think it's Nicholas Scratch.
    It could definitely be her son.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The "hysterical woman" trope is one of the things that feeds and supports the idea that women should not be allowed to have autonomy over their bodies.

So, Marvel and Disney, have essentially put out an anti-chpice movie just before Roe Vs Wade was overturned.
    Well both Disney and Marvel have always been pretty tone deaf. Disney is gonna help workers that need abortions travel to get safe ones at the very least. But it'd be better if their head honchos didn't vote in the types that voted in the Justices that are taking away laws that protected rights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Speaking of Jean, here is some great fan art. Hope to see it happen on-screen!

Dark Phoenix for the third time?

I know some are attached to that story but Im glad the people in charge of the MCU don't like retreading old ground. We didn't need another Spider-Man origin story after the last two times so they thankfully skipped it. Batman also rightfully skipped the whole parents getting murdered part although it still was somewhat relevant to the story.

I think Im not a debbie downer either here. Im just being realistic. The MCU didn't start with Infinity War/Endgame. It built up towards it. The same should be true for a Phoenix story if you want to do it justice and which is why the last two attempts failed.
    I mean it took 7 years for Wanda to become the Scarlet Witch. She was steadily built-up in that time. We have seen her go from a villain to joining the Avengers. We have seen her fall in love and we have seen her absolutely crushed by the tragedies in her life. We seen her go from having telepathy/telekinesis/energy blasts to soloing Thanos to rewriting reality on a big scale. All of these things lead to that one reveal. Surely Jean Grey should be given the same kind of care, no?
    And if so everybody can do the math about how far in the future we are talking here just for this alone.

But enough of my rambling. I do like the art though I was never a fan of Famke's Jean
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Dark Phoenix for the third time?
    Technically, it would be for a second time. Contrary to popular belief, the Dark Phoenix movie wasn't an adaptation of the (whole) Dark Phoenix Saga. It was an adaptation of Jean/Phoenix's origin story with elements of the Hellfire Club arc. The Phoenix only appears in the movie for a few second at the end and it teases at Jean's return (just like in the ending of X2). The canceled sequel was suppose to be a full-on Phoenix movie according to the people who worked on the film.

io9: There was a lot more Phoenix spectacle that could have been in the film that audiences went into the film expecting to see. Do you regret that they were dialed back?

Butler: Not for the film Simon made. For the film that Dark Phoenix is, there just really wasn’t a space for that take on the Phoenix, I think. The story of how Jean becomes the Phoenix deserves its own time and space to breathe. All of the more over-the-top stuff wouldn’t have fit—it would have had to be a different movie on a conceptual level for the spectacular stakes to feel right here. If anything, that part of the Phoenix belongs in the second part of a two-film story. The idea of being the most powerful creature in the universe is interesting, but you need a really cosmic style story to explore that.
    https://gizmodo.com/dark-phoenixs-vf...nis-1836850921

In other words, we never really saw the Phoenix in Dark Phoenix. It only teased at Jean being the Phoenix for a sequel that never came to be.

I know some are attached to that story but Im glad the people in charge of the MCU don't like retreading old ground. We didn't need another Spider-Man origin story after the last two times so they thankfully skipped it. Batman also rightfully skipped the whole parents getting murdered part although it still was somewhat relevant to the story.
    Well, they did do their version of the With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility in Spider-Man: No Way Home. It also was a third version of The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

I think Im not a debbie downer either here. Im just being realistic. The MCU didn't start with Infinity War/Endgame. It built up towards it. The same should be true for a Phoenix story if you want to do it justice and which is why the last two attempts failed.
    That isn't the reason why the second "attempt" failed. Like I said, it was an origin story with little-to-no Phoenix in. It wasn't really a second attempt. The movie literally ends with Jean telling you it was an origin story:

Jean Grey: This is not the end of me or the X-Men its a new beginning.
    I mean it took 7 years for Wanda to become the Scarlet Witch. She was steadily built-up in that time. We have seen her go from a villain to joining the Avengers. We have seen her fall in love and we have seen her absolutely crushed by the tragedies in her life. We seen her go from having telepathy/telekinesis/energy blasts to soloing Thanos to rewriting reality on a big scale. All of these things lead to that one reveal. Surely Jean Grey should be given the same kind of care, no?
    And if so everybody can do the math about how far in the future we are talking here just for this alone.

But enough of my rambling. I do like the art though I was never a fan of Famke's Jean.
    Jean became Phoenix towards the start of Chris Claremont's run though. I think it would be a good idea to skip over Jean's Marvel Girl phase (like every adaptation does) because it was misogynistic. Besides Dark Phoenix was already a Phoenix origin movie, so it has been done.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-26-2022 at 09:42 AM.

BTW, I wasn't saying that I wanted to see another Dark Phoenix Saga adaptation on-screen. I just wanted to see Liz's Olsen and Famke's Jean fight on-screen.

Jean in the new timeline is strong enough to take on 616-MCU Wanda.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-26-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

BTW, I wasn't saying that I wanted to see another Dark Phoenix Saga adaptation on-screen. I just wanted to see Liz's Olsen and Famke's Jean fight on-screen.

In that case, I hope Wanda just peace out fast enough to avoid that.

I'd rather both be friends and not hit constantly with the women can't control power bat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I get the impression you and I are both torn between wanting to see Wanda written out of the MCU permanently so we don't have to go through the agony of waiting to see if they'll screw her over (like the agony we went through over the last year) and wanting her to stay so we can at least see a less terrible ending to her story.

Fans of other superheroes, as we've said many times before, don't have to go through this. Wanda is... special.

I respect your wish here. It's just that it strikes me as something that would purely be done because it would be cool and not much else. There is nothing wrong with that in itself but Wandas trajectory is kinda clear at this point.
    She now knows about Chthon and that they are higher powers in play here. She now knows about the dangers of magic that even she with all her power can still fall to. Her sons and Billy especially seem to be very relevant and will likely be introduced proper in the future. She has also a lot of work to do to finally reach something that could be called a stable life and deal with and atone for her past transgressions.

That's the stuff I want to see and that we will very likely get. I have nothing against fanservice but in this case it should take a backseat. Besides mutants have not even been introduced into 616 so maybe we should wait for that first.

Extraordinary Member

If the rumor is true that there was going to be some Magneto connection with the alternate-universe Wanda that got cut (something must have gotten cut, because that version of Wanda didn't say or do anything) I'm at least glad that's one bullet we dodged. They're dragging their feet so much on bringing in the X-Men that Wanda might get out of the MCU without a "No More Mutants" moment. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If the rumor is true that there was going to be some Magneto connection with the alternate-universe Wanda that got cut (something must have gotten cut, because that version of Wanda didn't say or do anything) I'm at least glad that's one bullet we dodged. They're dragging their feet so much on bringing in the X-Men that Wanda might get out of the MCU without a "No More Mutants" moment. We can only hope.
    I mean you do realize MoM was basically her HoM moment, right? It involves her sons, she goes missing and she does a multiversal feat in destroying all the Darkholds.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it is obvious that Wanda will be around for the multiversal war.

I respect your wish here. It's just that it strikes me as something that would purely be done because it would be cool and not much else. There is nothing wrong with that in itself but Wandas trajectory is kinda clear at this point.
    She now knows about Chthon and that they are higher powers in play here. She now knows about the dangers of magic that even she with all her power can still fall to. Her sons and Billy especially seem to be very relevant and will likely be introduced proper in the future. She has also a lot of work to do to finally reach something that could be called a stable life and deal with and atone for her past transgressions.

That's the stuff I want to see and that we will very likely get. I have nothing against fanservice but in this case it should take a backseat. Besides mutants have not even been introduced into 616 so maybe we should wait for that first.
    We don't really need mutants in the 616 for that crossover to happen. There is a multiversal war that is about to happen that is clearly inspired by Time Runs Out/Secret Wars.

In Secret Wars, the X-Men used the Phoenix Force as a weapon against the Ultimate universe during an incursion. I can see that being adapted into an Avengers vs X-Men movie down the line. An incursion happens between The 616-MCU and the X-Men MCU, Jean/Phoenix steps in to defend her reality and Wanda is the only person in the 616 that stands a chance against her.

The writers of Deadpool 3 recently hinted that the film is going to have a multiverse story. So that is what step to that crossover happening.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-26-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Loooooovvvveeeee this image. Omg.

Being portrayed by an actress herself. Granted Olsen probably didn't want to be Wanda more than anything before being offered the role so it's technically not 100% correct but you know what I mean. Moving on.

There was also her her Manhattan home in her solo series which gave off an expensive "old world" vibe.

But I guess you are right about this dynamic. If your character is not being built with having wealth in mind than nobody bothers with bringing up the topic. For some reason this topic really struck me when I was watching WandaVision. She was an Avenger and saved the world and everybody knows it too. People are literally talking about it in the show. How is this person not a celebrity at that point? Granted it's revisionist history but in Ms. Marvel there is apparently even Wanda merchandise in-universe. It really goes against how this stuff works in real-life.
    Loved this issue of her solo. Establishes herself now as a competent young woman with a don't push me attitude. Great choice to show and thanks for sharing.

Agreed - now that Wanda has crossed these bridges (wether people dislike them or not) she has tools and knowledge at her disposal for a new trajectory and hopefully it is an exciting and one that's fulfilling to her fans and creates a great film (or trilogy of films) of her own that establish her as a hero and capable woman who can own her abilities with skill and confidence. As well as not letting anyone else control her or her abilities. Always enjoy your posts.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 06-26-2022 at 07:35 PM.