Page 288 of 456 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 6836
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't understand them giving Wanda more loss than she even had in comics. And isolating her even more now. Where is there to go with that? They could have at least made it so the sons thing wasn't so complicated. Would have maybe sort of made up for killing off Quicksilver (which I still hate).
    They have no where to go but up Really, the MCU can't use the excuse they seem to with MoM that they already started production and only started turning course cause of the popularity of WandaVision last min to give us the ending of redemption they did. I don't care much for that exuse, but now the table it clean and it as as we been dicusioning with Cubbyboo she just keeps getting more love, so her star is now rip for Better use and with the blowback they are getting for being sloppy in places where the critizing counts the MCU can now start to make-up for it.

Until we get solids this is all just flow hoping, but the chatter to have more Wanda, More Solo Projects and more in respecting in giving her characters more postives now with fans just supporting her more now even with their choices in MoM, it might take time to figure out their next move, but their next move with Wanda seems to be one of the major talks of the town.

Reality will have to be meet by the MCU heads sooner then later.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    They have no where to go but up Really.
    I really hope this is true. Even MCU fans are asking if Wanda can ever be happy now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

And they kinda botched the Elder Gods lore, well, they can still salvage it if the next creative team is both capable and bold(to ignore MoM as much as possible world building wise.)
    She can still go for her own mystical circle(even though they ruined her chance to be in Stephen's circle. Like heck, America, a heavy hitter flying brick of all people got her entrance ticket into the mystical community of Dr.Strange.) Grab fellow dark-aligned characters and work off their own stories.

My enthusiasm for her to be in a new Avengers team is also quite low given her status as the wild card. They will probably wank the "Wanda might be evil and turn on her teammates" aspect even harder, which I just don't care for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really hope this is true. Even MCU fans are asking if Wanda can ever be happy now.
    I hope she kicks Chthon off his throne and then take a long nice sleep. Defiant and semi-tragic ending.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Thanks CJ, it's been some time and I am not actively resentful that much I guess lol.
    Just need some good news down the line, if not, well, there is always this thread to talk about the topic of the day(or make up that topic in case she is too dead in the water.)
    Your Not a resentful person at all MaximoffTrash, You are a fan lead by your Love and your Desire to see Justice held high for Wanda, that you are not alone in and never feel you ever are or feel like any kind of outsider for that, those are feels share simliarly as we all do, just in our own special ways.

Best ideas at times is what reacently been happening, Talk and Share topics past stories to Wanda we have enjoyed, panels, our collections, the things that make us fans and share stories of ourselfs of what makes us fans.

Mostly, we Learn from Wanda in How she sees life and it so True for our Wanda and Wanda Fans can see this just like her;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Great minds think alike! I think Shakman was on to something with his Salieri/Mozart suggestion. But if you didn't see Wanda's and Agatha's relationship in that way during WandaVision, their execution obviously didn't "come off" properly. Why is that Wanda can cast spells without having to use Latin incantations while every other witch in the MCU's history has to? Wanda would have never neutralized Agatha's powers during their laser battle if she had to use incantations. Harkness would have been on to her FAST. So yes, I think the MCU should definitely continue to make Harkness's jealousy a key component of her relationship with Wanda. It wouldn't even make her a villain. Lots of viewers sympathized with Salieri in Amadeus. By the way, the fellow who played Salieri in Amadeus, F. Murray Abraham, also voiced Khonshu in Moon Knight (and he was hilarious in MK too). And Agatha DID say that she didn't steal any magical knowledge that was forbidden to her in Episode 8 of WandaVision when those other witches were accusing her of doing just that: “I did not break your rules. They simply bent to my power.” So I don't think Agatha is EVIL. The ONLY reason why Wanda is more powerful than the other witches in the MCU is because of some evil book and its prophecies.

My argument on these threads has been really consistent. WandaVision should have given more screen time to Hahn. After the first two episodes of WandaVision, Agatha sort of faded away and only returned with a bang at the end of Episode 7. Vision separated from Wanda in Episode 5 and the tension between them was not really resolved smoothly. I think Fietro, Billy and Tommy and SWORD kind of took over at that point. WandaVision could have actually shown Harkness "hate teaching" magic to Wanda and Agatha growing increasingly unhinged with envy as time went on (with very funny results). That would have created so much more drama (and Agatha's motivations could have been revealed in the process). And it would have been so much more fun to have Wanda and Vision NOT separate and work things out slowly even though they were really mad at each other (this kind of thing happens to most families anyways). WandaVision was not as good when Olsen, Hahn and Bettany were not together. That's why I'm not a big fan of Disney's/Marvel's approach of having so many characters and storylines be inserted into these movies and shows. They lose focus of what's really important.

And I find it's really weird that the MoM would apparently trash the idea of Wanda ever having a family in the main universe or whatever the MCU calls it these days. Wanda CLEARLY stated at the end of WandaVision to Vision, Billy and Tommy that: "A family is forever. We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried." I guess that's no longer the case then?! I mean, what happened here?!
    While we could play revisionist now with what could have been I still think WandaVision did a very good job in what it set out to do. The only criticism I have about it and that also has been brought up by others is that the moments that tried to sugar coat Wandas actions fell really flat. Monica for example going full simp mode and saying "they will never know what you sacrificed from them" is just tone-deaf. The citizens didn't ask for being trapped in their own bodies for days and they don't own Wanda even a shred of sympathy for it. They even got force choked when they confronted her about it FFS. Whoever wrote that line should be slapped.

Bandai is the publisher though, I just don't understand why they ban people for using mods that are simply model swapping/re-texturing that doesn't even affect the actual gameplay.(Capcom is pretty chill with Monster Hunter in that regard.)
    A big modding scene usually means longevity for the game, like Skyrim, Minecraft, Witcher 3, GTA5, Mount&Blade, etc granted it's not the only reason, but they help a lot.
    Also mod support comes in many forms, like releasing official modding tools(Bethesda and Valve) and giving open permission to resources(Witcher 3 assets are all over the place in other game's mods because CDPR straight up gave open permission.)
    Fromsoft games are actually nice foundation for modding, Dark Souls 3 has a lot of complete overhaul with custom bosses.
    InfernoPlus(A Youtuber and a mod author) straight up mod functioning firearms into Dark Souls 1.(He was formerly a Halo modder, yeah, the guns are from Halo lol.)
    Sorry to bring this off topic so much.
    Beats me sadly. I know Square Enix recently cracked down on mods for FFXIV too. They were never cool with them but they had a live and let live attitude about them but something pushed them over the edge. I don't know the full story mind you but yeah mods will probably continue to be a controversial topic. When we are talking about online games I can even understand the concern. Even if your mods don't affect gameplay, there are ones that do and now suddenly the devs have to categorize third party content into what is harmless and what isn't. It's easier to just ban everything and save themselves from that unnecessary work. I was kinda addicted to GTA Online at one point and people with mod menus who could blow you up, teleport you, lock you in cages or even crash your game really killed the fun.

In single player games though nobody should really care. If you want to make everyone nude in your Skyrim play through then just do lol.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    While we could play revisionist now with what could have been I still think WandaVision did a very good job in what it set out to do. The only criticism I have about it and that also has been brought up by others is that the moments that tried to sugar coat Wandas actions fell really flat. Monica for example going full simp mode and saying "they will never know what you sacrificed from them" is just tone-deaf. The citizens didn't ask for being trapped in their own bodies for days and they don't own Wanda even a shred of sympathy for it. They even got force choked when they confronted her about it FFS. Whoever wrote that line should be slapped.

Beats me sadly. I know Square Enix recently cracked down on mods for FFXIV too. They were never cool with them but they had a live and let live attitude about them but something pushed them over the edge. I don't know the full story mind you but yeah mods will probably continue to be a controversial topic. When we are talking about online games I can even understand the concern. Even if your mods don't affect gameplay, there are ones that do and now suddenly the devs have to categorize third party content into what is harmless and what isn't. It's easier to just ban everything and save themselves from that unnecessary work. I was kinda addicted to GTA Online at one point and people with mod menus who could blow you up, teleport you, lock you in cages or even crash your game really killed the fun.

In single player games though nobody should really care. If you want to make everyone nude in your Skyrim play through then just do lol.
    Also a lot of online games sell skin for a living.
    If some modders just 3D model/port bunch of assets into the game, that could hurt the devs I guess.

Speaking of which I guess the best game to replicate Wanda as a character is probably in a CRPG or something, they argubly have the best character building variety. Maybe Baldur's Gate 3 once it's out of early access and the modding scene grows bigger.
    I am not familiar with MMO though. Again, Wanda's power is hard to represent in video game other than "damaging red energy".

My ideal 3A video game featuring Wanda will have a combat system designed around magic users specifically.(They aren't really much action games out there that specifically focuses on mages.) Set in a post-Apocalypse world where Wanda along with other servants/chosen ones of Elder Gods seeking a wag to restore Earth.
    Wanda will be mainly fighting bosses manifested from lost Darkhold pages.(Basically those pages record certain events and people, and those stories/recordings manifest as physical forces/enemies.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-27-2022 at 07:37 PM.

I like Blizzard's approach to mods best. They don't care unless they are computational. Because some mods add accessibility for people with eyesight and hearing issues.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

WandaVision did what it had to do to set up other things in the MCU. So I agree with your position there. And yes, I wasn't thrilled with the "sacrifice" comment either. It almost ruined the show for lots of folks, including many on these threads. But to be fair, the Red Guardian and Melina Vostokoff DID chemically subjugate MANY Black Widows and forced them to engage in actions that destabilized the world, resulting in numerous lives lost. And at the end of Black Widow, the "liberated" Black Widows didn't seem to be all that upset about what Red Guardian and Melina did to them because they flew away together at the end of that film. So that was weird. Nobody tried to justify their actions though.

I think Marvel's problem is that they want Wanda to be BOTH a hero AND a villain. They want her to help save the world but also at the same time hurt innocent people. I actually don't know where their going with her character now. I'm really confused to be honest. She's an Avenger and fought Crossbones, Ultron and Thanos, but she's also forced the Hulk to attack civilians, tortured the citizens of Westview and apparently did a lot of bad **** in the MoM. I just don't think Marvel can have it both ways. They want her to be a baddie and also to fight with the good guys. If they truly wanted to make Wanda a villain, then she should have just continued to keep her family alive and torture the people in Westview. Why let them prevent her living out her fantasy life? Be a selfish bitch then and crank up the torture and force the Avengers/SWORD or whatever to stop her instead of freeing those she was holding captive. And WandaVision's creators should have CLEARLY made Wanda become corrupted by the Darkhold at the end of WandaVision so people would be prepared for her "heel turn" in her next appearance. But due to the apparent lack of coordination between WandaVision's creators and the MoM's creators, that didn't happen. Having Wanda's kids call out to her for help didn't make her look evil to me at all. And they're making the origins of Billy and Tommy WAY too complicated. I thought for sure they wouldn't do that, but I guess they really wanna follow the comic books. To me, this just damages the chances of the Young Avengers becoming the next hottest band in the MCU. I've already read comments online from MCU viewers who loved the boys in WandaVision, but actually sort of hate them now because they acted "bratty" in the MoM. I don't blame Schaeffer, Shakman, Waldron and Raimi for this mess. It's Marvel Studios' top brass who pushed for it. But in all honesty, I think they've handled Bucky and Loki terribly as well. By trying to make these "bad guys" go through redemption processes, they have become incredibly boring goody two-shoes. And Falcon/Cap basically sympathized with terrorists in his own show! So I got a lot of problems with how Disney is handling Wanda, but also with how they're handling other characters as well. That's why I think Phase Four is an absolute MESS, and I believe Disney is covering up their screw-ups by pandering to MCU stans through enticing them with pointless and gimmicky cameos (and Stan Lee of all people will be included amongst them for the next twenty years).

Talking

Wandavision Scarlet Witch Outfits Halloween Carnival Suit
    Wanda Cosplay Costume!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1041185...FBQUFBR0tSbDdz

And they kinda botched the Elder Gods lore, well, they can still salvage it if the next creative team is both capable and bold(to ignore MoM as much as possible world building wise.)
    She can still go for her own mystical circle(even though they ruined her chance to be in Stephen's circle. Like heck, America, a heavy hitter flying brick of all people got her entrance ticket into the mystical community of Dr.Strange.) Grab fellow dark-aligned characters and work off their own stories.

My enthusiasm for her to be in a new Avengers team is also quite low given her status as the wild card. They will probably wank the "Wanda might be evil and turn on her teammates" aspect even harder, which I just don't care for.
    Chthon technically did degenerate into a demon more so through his actions and plus to clean up the lore they could make him being seen as the “first” demon a cover up to either weaken him or his actions being so atrocious that only way to describe him is a demon. Also personally I would like to see Wanda loan wolf it or be considered as Avenger “adjacent”.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Talking

Scarlet Witch
    Andrew Almoguera

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2181499812107381/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Chthon technically did degenerate into a demon more so through his actions and plus to clean up the lore they could make him being seen as the “first” demon a cover up to either weaken him or his actions being so atrocious that only way to describe him is a demon. Also personally I would like to see Wanda loan wolf it or be considered as Avenger “adjacent”.
    The statement about him being "the first demon" is just one of many issues with the lore building.(They could at least use terms like "Archdemon", "Elder Demon".)
    I prefer Elder God for the Lovecraftian vibe as well as the lack of "alignment" assigned to him.

Demon is too much a generic word to describe bunch of malevolent fantasy creatures.

Sure, Shuma-Gorath, Cyttorak, Dormammu are all class 3 demons(AKA anything that is not Earthborn and has ill intent towards humans.) It's fine because in-universe mages can only do so much catergories, but when it comes to a specific entity, they should at least use their most unique catergorization, especially when you don't mention much else.

My concern is for Chthon to be changed into a generic ancient evil demon who doesn't belong to a bigger magic system etc. It would suck if Vishanti is the genric good god and Chthon the generic bad demon.
    While they are both deities who govern different spheres of influence.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-27-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Also calling him something like Elder God of darkness and chaos is way more interesting IMO. It also sums up his influence/aspects pretty well.
    Framing him as a dark god who has governance over certain mystical elements is richer/better than saying he is a demon which just implies he is evil. It's the same problem with Darkhold being more of a generic evil book without many unique and interesting twists to it.(Also it grants people chaos magic, for reasons.)

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Scarlet Witch
    Andrew Almoguera

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2181499812107381/

I love your positive energy and genuine enthusiasm for Wanda. It's pretty heartening in these gloomy times for "some" Scarlet Witch fans. As you know, I used to be a HUGE MCU "stan". I joked that my one and only ambition in 2021 was to spend the rest of my life hanging off of Kevin Feige's dick. I loved the MCU THAT much. But I've been shocked by some of the creative choices Marvel Studios have made in the past year and a half. I don't understand why they are making the same mistakes that other studios made in the recent past.

There was an article published by Brianna Zigler a week ago in Paste Magazine that discussed the MoM and the MCU as a whole. She used to be a pretty devoted follower of the MCU and enjoyed most of their films (I enjoyed all of them up until 2021). But she has become very cynical towards Marvel Studios more recently. I appreciate her admitting her bias against the Hollywood juggernaut (which I don't share. I still hold out hope Disney changes direction soon), but she made an effort to watch the MoM because she is such a big fan of Sam Raimi. And it did not go well. Two sentences by her definitely reflect my own views on the MCU right now:

"But, if you ask me, it’s the success of No Way Home—and the reshoots that were forced upon Doctor Strange—the portends the future of the MCU. It’s a future full of character cameos and A-list actors and Easter eggs that its audience believes that it wants because it’s been trained to want to want them. Did you see how much money No Way Home made, a movie that is literally about cameos? How Doctor Strange was then, in turn, made to add cameos due to No Way Home’s success?"

That TOTALLY reminded me of a comment GenericUsername made to me earlier this month about how MCU stans are influencing general audiences to expect certain things from the MCU movies and shows. I didn't really comprehend what Generic was trying to say to me earlier, but I think I understand where she is coming from now. I'm just surprised that Marvel Studios is actively encouraging this "hyping" now. I never remember them doing this before. They just were focused on making great movies regardless of fan pressure and didn't care at all about winning Academy Awards (they are definitely now according to Zigler's article). Zigler also mentioned something that should worry Disney/Marvel executives:

"My comic book friend from high school still goes to see the new Marvel films; he still enjoys them when I don’t. But even he has become more cynical, more tired, often bemoaning the overwrought cameos and fan service."

I agree with Zigler when she says Marvel is NOT on the decline and they're not going anywhere (which I'm still happy about for the most part), but I don't feel it's the same anymore. There are so many talented and creative people working at Marvel Studios and the comic books are a fantastic goldmine for compelling storytelling. They can do so much better than relying on cheap fan service and looking for "ideas" through Reddit and 4chan. But I think it's a HUGE mistake for Disney to EMULATE the comics. They should be INSPIRED by the comics and do their own thing. Even though I didn't really like the Taskmaster "reveal" in Black Widow, I appreciate them doing something different (the idea was just lazily executed in my opinion). You can read Zigler's article here:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies...se-of-madness/

Once again, I just wanna thank you for encouraging and bolstering the morale of long-suffering Wanda fans here on this thread. It does make a difference. My only MCU desire at this point is that Wanda and Vision say "hello again" somewhere down the line (like it was promised in WandaVision). Not sure if that's gonna happen if the MCU continues to follow the comics.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-27-2022 at 09:56 PM.