Page 40 of 456 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I know, I've read it.
    Then why the whole exchange about mutants being increased during it? Because that didn't really happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Then why the whole exchange about mutants being increased during it? Because that didn't really happen.
    Because in that fake reality's history that is technically what happened.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-24-2022 at 11:04 PM.

Because in that fake reality's history that is technically what happened.
    No it was an illusion, so it never really happened. That's why Wolverine wanted to put a stop to it. It's why mutants weren't even back to the numbers they were before Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When people are talking about "reverse HoM", they are mainly talking about the opposite of "no more mutants", so basically introduce mutants through Wanda being used as a plot device.

They are talking about the results, not the "fake reality".
    Exactly. Many ignorant people want Wanda to do a Reverse HOM, in other words, to bring mutants into the MCU, even though there is no reason for her to do so (expect for some delusional people believing it will help Wanda atone for what she did in the comis.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No it was an illusion, so it never really happened. That's why Wolverine wanted to put a stop to it. It's why mutants weren't even back to the numbers they were before Morrison's run.
    Exactly, I remember Bendis even stating it around the time that it wasn't an alternate reality but more like the altering of people's perceptions

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly, I remember Bendis even stating it around the time that it wasn't an alternate reality but more like the altering of people's perceptions
    Yep, and the characters even describe that in the event. It's why they were so mad. Especially Spider-man. There's tie-ins that go into it specifically. It's made pretty clear.

So bringing Clint back to life was the only thing that was altered?

Pretty much but she also kills him off again when he tries to kill her. Then is thought to be dead for a time. I think Wanda's strong bond with Clint made her want to bring him back subconsciously. She obviously wasn't in control. But there may have been a small sliver of her in control.

She and Clint were close friends for a lot of years.

I don't like calling it an illusion because she basically changed the 616 universe with her magic, transmuted and warped the world in a physical way, so it isn't an alternate universe either

I think she made Xavier walk again after the event as well, apart from depowering u know lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I don't like calling it an illusion because she basically changed the 616 universe with her magic, transmuted and warped the world in a physical way, so it isn't an alternate universe either
    The Hex in "WandaVision" was pretty much what I thought the world of M was supposed to be -- a combination of physical transformation of the surroundings, and mass brainwashing. On a smaller scale, of course, but it's another reason the MCU has already done House of M and isn't likely to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Hex in "WandaVision" was pretty much what I thought the world of M was supposed to be -- a combination of physical transformation of the surroundings, and mass brainwashing. On a smaller scale, of course, but it's another reason the MCU has already done House of M and isn't likely to do it again.
    They even got the tetris blocks and all, i agree, wandavision was her HoM but about her and her grief, not daddy issues from a dad she barely interacted with.

Just about every news article, podcast, and comic book store discussing Wandavision did reference the show as being partially inspired by House of M. I suspect that was why it became a feeding frenzy for copies.

A House of M like movie on a vastly grander scale then Wandavision will prove tempting, but they might not get to it for awhile. It’s not the kind of thing you tell to introduce mutants.

I think she made Xavier walk again after the event as well, apart from depowering u know lol
    She didn't change the MU until everyone got out of the imaginary reality. And Mags went after Quicksilver for everything. Because it put the blame on Mags and he never created the universe, nor pushed Wanda to do it.

They even got the tetris blocks and all, i agree, wandavision was her HoM but about her and her grief, not daddy issues from a dad she barely interacted with.
    Very much so because it was also an illusion that she made people believe they lived in that was a sort of utopia that started to break a part at the seams. Vision was in the Wolverine role of knowing that it was fake through most of it and waking everyone else up to it.

Yeah, I would argue that it had more in common with Darker Than Scarlet than HoM.