Page 33 of 456 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not only that, she also changed Pietro's, since his costume was green back then .
    I would dare say even Toad and Mastermind's colors are changed as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    When Wanda is unsure of herself her magic can unconsciously change things from their normal red color to something else, as if to deny her true nature.

This explains why she accidentally caused her costume to change color due to her stage fright at being on a comic book cover for the first time.

I know different times and all that but wow that headgear is like one of the ugliest and unpractical ones I have ever seen. It's basically a buster collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would dare say even Toad and Mastermind's colors are changed as well.
    Huh, you're right:

(X-Men#4)

Toad's at least is only missing a color, since the sleeves are orange, but Mastermind is wearing green for no reason, it's like he's wearing a player 2 costume in a fighting game lol.

Also, Magneto's cape has a different shade of purple than usual, and his helmet is only this other shade of purple instead of being red and purple, and his gloves and that underwear over his pants have a different shade of purple from the cape and helmet, when they all are supposed to match.

There's another weird detail about Magneto's cape, usually it's connecter to a purple piece of cloth that's on his neck and shoulders, but it's not here at all.

This cover is weird overall, while some can maybe be excused as early colors before the issue itself changed it, Magneto is just looking weird since within the comic itself, he looks like he did in X-Men#1.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I hate the garter belt just floating there. I would prefer a cape more than a long skirt.
    That's not a garter belt. It's just the design of bottom part of the bodice attached to the train part. It's the same bottom as her costume at the end of WandaVision. This just has different pants, boots and sleeves. She did have a cloak with that look.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Huh, you're right:

(X-Men#4)

Toad's at least is only missing a color, since the sleeves are orange, but Mastermind is wearing green for no reason, it's like he's wearing a player 2 costume in a fighting game lol.

Also, Magneto's cape has a different shade of purple than usual, and his helmet is only this other shade of purple instead of being red and purple, and his gloves and that underwear over his pants have a different shade of purple from the cape and helmet, when they all are supposed to match.

There's another weird detail about Magneto's cape, usually it's connecter to a purple piece of cloth that's on his neck and shoulders, but it's not here at all.

This cover is weird overall, while some can maybe be excused as early colors before the issue itself changed it, Magneto is just looking weird since within the comic itself, he looks like he did in X-Men#1.
    To me, Toad's usual is a blue with the orange, but on that cover, it is a gray color, sort of Quasimodo Gray. Mastermind might have a green cloak, but he is known for his browns/tans.

Wanda did Hex big ol' Daddy Mags, but decided on only changing his helmet and cape color (things he could not see), lest he scold her for being a bad girl, lol. Plus, this way, they could all laugh (at Mags) and he would not know what got into them and why they kept laughing (at him).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not a garter belt. It's just the design of bottom part of the bodice attached to the train part. It's the same bottom as her costume at the end of WandaVision. This just has different pants, boots and sleeves. She did have a cloak with that look.
    I know it's not literally a garter belt, but they made it look like one. I guess that's why they scrapped all of the detail on her legs and just left it blank. So it wouldn't look like something holding up the lines that are supposed to mimic boots.

I know it's not literally a garter belt, but they made it look like one. I guess that's why they scrapped all of the detail on her legs and just left it blank. So it wouldn't look like something holding up the lines that are supposed to mimic boots.
    A lot of detailed costumes become less detailed over time. Sometimes it's just in the concept art. Sometimes it's a change so that action figures are easier to produce. Sometimes it's so it's easier on artists.

A lot of detailed costumes become less detailed over time. Sometimes it's just in the concept art. Sometimes it's a change so that action figures are easier to produce. Sometimes it's so it's easier on artists.
    In this case the pants made it past concept art and are already made for her to wear though. So I really don't get the change.

The silver accents and red lines on her pants are so unnecessary.

What can even be done about it? On the DC side we had DiDio as Editor-in-Chief and he for years tried to **** over characters like Dick Grayson and Wally West, even with the fanbase always reacting with annoyance when that happened, and while he did get fired, it's for other reasons most likely.

There's just not much that can be done, Dick and Wally are far more popular than Wanda, and DiDio was basically untouchable, and if nothing happened with him for so long, what can be done about someone screwing a smaller character like Wanda? And sure, DC is another company, but Marvel isn't that different when it comes to how hard it is to mess with higher ups.
    Hold their luggage hostage. A fan doing that to Didio at the airport is what saved Dick Grayson is what saved the latter from dying in IC (every creative at DC including Johns and Waid being against it was another reason as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In this case the pants made it past concept art and are already made for her to wear though. So I really don't get the change.
    It's usually to sell more action figures. You make different costumes (even slightly), it creates a reason for people to buy new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The silver accents and red lines on her pants are so unnecessary.
    So is the garter belt and the belt buckle with no belt. I guess they're just all embellishments so it doesn't look too flat. Maybe they'll change it in post. Captain Marvel had a mask in the commercials, and in the same scenes in the movie (Endgame), she was maskless.

It's usually to sell more action figures. You make different costumes (even slightly), it creates a reason for people to buy new stuff.
    This is true. The problem for some of her Wandavision figures was that they changed her look after they gave the toy companies the artwork, and her head/hair is from Multiverse of Madness.

So is the garter belt and the belt buckle with no belt. I guess they're just all embellishments so it doesn't look too flat. Maybe they'll change it in post. Captain Marvel had a mask in the commercials, and in the same scenes in the movie (Endgame), she was maskless.
    It's to give it a peplum look which is trendy.

https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...tume-904408654
    Scarlet Witch New Costume
    by
    leokearon

My own attempt of designing a new costume for Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    To me, Toad's usual is a blue with the orange, but on that cover, it is a gray color, sort of Quasimodo Gray. Mastermind might have a green cloak, but he is known for his browns/tans.

Wanda did Hex big ol' Daddy Mags, but decided on only changing his helmet and cape color (things he could not see), lest he scold her for being a bad girl, lol. Plus, this way, they could all laugh (at Mags) and he would not know what got into them and why they kept laughing (at him).
    While what I've seen of Wanda so far has her being rather quiet and not even joking much, Silver Age Magneto may just be enough of an ******* for Wanda to consider to do something so petty .

Also, man, I realized something bizarre, on the last panel, the guy on the lower right, he's clearly supposed to be looking in Wanda's direction, you can even see the back of his ears and his hair, but his face is facing the reader, that's some accidental body horror right there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hold their luggage hostage. A fan doing that to Didio at the airport is what saved Dick Grayson is what saved the latter from dying in IC
    That sounds vaguely familiar, but you can't just drop a bomb like this and not mention more details man lol.

(every creative at DC including Johns and Waid being against it was another reason as well).
    Yeah and part of my point is that characters like Dick and Wally can have that much support to begin with, and even then, that didn't stop Wally from being erased for a while, and Dick from getting into that awful Rick Grayson arc, not to mention how much of a chump he is in New 52 movies, which, while maybe I'm being too much of a conspiracy theorist to blame that on DiDio, man it doesn't sound far fetched lol.

Compare that to Wanda, who doesn't have as much fan support and definitely doesn't have much favoritism among writers and whatever, that makes it far harder for a character like her to be protected from the likes of Bendis and Tom King, or higher ups like Quesada, much less have the bad stuff be corrected as fast... And again, it's hard to actually do much to the people who do this kind of bullshit to characters, though I guess the luggage situation is funny, but even then, look at what DC is doing to Superman, and I'm not sure any luggage is being held hostage to help him out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then