Page 23 of 456 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I will continue to believe that it's a movie about Strange and Wanda fighting a sinister magical villain, because the trailer made it look like that, and even the official toy box outright says it's about Strange getting help from Wanda to fight a sinister magical villain.

Maybe the sinister magical villain is another version of Wanda and then everyone can be right, or maybe there's some missing context that makes it all fit together, but I'm not going to believe it uness I have to, and right now 99.9% of people in the world, who don't read Twitter leakmongers, expect this to be Strange's story with Wanda as his ally. Hopefully they're right.

For now, let's try and keep Twitter leaks, Reddit leaks etc. out of this, because we don't know how much of them are true or misleading, and there's no point arguing about a bad story until we know it's real.
    Isn't the sinister magical villain another dr strange, he appeared on the trailer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Isn't the sinister magical villain another dr strange, he appeared on the trailer
    The leakers claim he's just a fakeout to hide that Wanda is the villain.

But yes, it could be the other Doctor Strange, but obviously the leakers would say it makes no sense to have a Doctor Strange movie be about Doctor Strange.

Well I've said it before I'll say it again if Wanda kills some people or plays villain for a movie I wouldn't really care like that is what it is she'll be aight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well I've said it before I'll say it again if Wanda kills some people or plays villain for a movie I wouldn't really care like that is what it is she'll be aight.
    That's fine, but I'd feel very differently and I think most viewers would too. For now I'm going to join with the majority of people in the world and expect to see a Doctor Strange movie where he needs help from the Scarlet Witch.

Okay fam do you.

It wasn't alright for her in comics. It won't be in movies. I'm tired of her being used a plot device and thrown away for amusement or so others' faves get some story or appearances. Just done with that whole era.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm hoping it is a fake-out. Pathetic humans who live for this drivel. It's the only reason these "spoilers" exist: it appeals to a very unwholesome amount of us who want this crap. It is indeed toxic masculinity that drives so much of this abuse on Wanda.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

It just reminds me so much of the WandaVision rumors.

so Wanda is free to be her own type of hero now? Not marked for death by mutant society? Has she confronted the high evolutionary about the experiments on her that gave her the powers? (or is he still the one responsible at this point?)

"Pathetic Humans" lmao y'all so extra

Oh, I'll be stanning anyways, but it just seems like a weird path to take her character, I mean Wanda kills the multiverse is not what I would expect would happen from her ending in Wandavision.
    Also its annoying how they keep making her do major **** up every other comic/movie, let her be a straight up hero for once. The comics came through with darkhold at least

"Pathetic Humans" lmao y'all so extra
    So are the rumors.

Oh, I'll be stanning anyways, but it just seems like a weird path to take her character, I mean Wanda kills the multiverse is not what I would expect would happen from her ending in Wandavision.
    Also its annoying how they keep making her do major **** up every other comic/movie, let her be a straight up hero for once. The comics came through with darkhold at least
    We really don't know if any of it's true. Some of it comes from Grace who was so wrong the director had to correct her about BoP, then instead of taking the L, she claimed the director had no idea what she was talking about. And a leak from someone that was likely another leaker that got things so wrong before that they created a new profile. But were right about Spidey so people want to believe her. Despite her now trying to rip off fandom with NFTs. The ones rumoring stuff for this movie are more messed up than the rumors themselves.

Extraordinary Member

I'll say it again, even if the leakers turn out to have 100% accurate information (which they never do) I won't have been wrong not to believe them. Because what they're pushing makes no sense. It doesn't make sense for the character of Wanda as we know her from the MCU (her bad actions in WandaVision did make sense for the character, though), it doesn't make sense for the MCU as a franchise, it doesn't make sense for how the toys and other promotion are presenting her as an ally (people compare it to Ikaris, but he was promoted as a member of the Eternals, and he wasn't really a villain anyway).

Until they provide context that makes it make sense, I have to assume it's misleading, and if it isn't, it's Marvel's fault for doing such a stupid story, not mine for not believing it.

Fortunately I don't think Feige is as dumb as the leakers are.

Fantastic Member

I think we will see Stephen and Wanda both walk on the wild side, I do think Wanda will be an antagonist for some of it because it's tradition in superhero movies to have the heroes fight each other (Thor and Hulk, Tony and Cap, Clint and Natasha, Tony and Rhodey, etc) at some point as fanservice. But as much as people want to see Strange and Wanda have a fight, they much more want to see meaningful interaction between these two characters. I think the success of the MCU is largely built on that rather than CG set pieces of people punching each other.

She does have black blots all over her costume in that pic, which could be interpreted as a visual signifier of the Darkhold's influence (but note that Strange also has black on his hand in the poster, and Agatha of course did as well). But I think there will be a narrative of her fighting the Darkhold or a hostile takeover by a variant of herself.

IMHO Both Stephen and Wanda will have to struggle against the Darkhold, which could well be appearing alot in the MCU given we have Werewolf by Night and Blade on the horizon, as well as Agatha House Of Harkness.

Another thing is that marketing the movie as one thing then the movie being something entirely at odds with that marketing leads to the kind of backlash we saw with Last Jedi.
    Last edited by Relugus; 01-14-2022 at 04:12 PM.