Page 27 of 456 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She said Miss America named 'em in Giant Size Avengers#1, just that other retellings like Avengers#186 omitted that part, or anyone naming them at all.

That´s interesting, I remember this panel but it was a long time ago and then Nights of Wundagore added that her children were stillborn and she died on childbirth and that Bova gave the Whizzer Magda´s children but if we consider the actual retcon, Wanda and Pietro were not Magda´s or Miss America children because they were born with Natalya as their mother on another country so now it depends what version of the story we put more attention to.

Guy would definitely have to be a player to have so many possible children around, who knows, maybe Magda's just the tip of the iceberg .
    Lol yes, there are already memes about him being able to bring back mutant numbers on his own if more children are revealed to be his, I add the joke he should stop because the alimony alone should make him rethink his life choices but well in reality, he´s not much of a player but he has lived a long life so who knows for sure

She's certainly my favorite thing of the current X-Men comics right now for me lol.
    She certainly is and I like to see her there too.

Oh, you mean Magneto's daughter, I had forgotten about her, and thought you were talking about Magda's mother, was confused when you said Anya died young, was thinking "How the hell did Magda's mother die young?" lol.
    Yes they named her Anya after Magda´s mother.

This could become too damn crowded if they decide to resurrect Anya and then add up Magda's twin children, so maybe one or the other if Marvel decides to bother with either...
    Well Magda´s twins should be adults now and Lorna lives with the X-men so it would not be so crowded but I agree with you marvel may just not bother and keep forgetting Magda had twins in the first place.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That´s interesting, I remember this panel but it was a long time ago and then Nights of Wundagore added that her children were stillborn and she died on childbirth and that Bova gave the Whizzer Magda´s children but if we consider the actual retcon, Wanda and Pietro were not Magda´s or Miss America children because they were born with Natalya as their mother on another country so now it depends what version of the story we put more attention to.
    Well, regardless, they only really mentioned Miss America naming them as far as I saw, Magda surprisingly isn't said that she named them even if it makes more sense for her to have done so than Miss America (It is a bit weird she decided to pick those names to begin with, she's American and probably would eventually return to US of A with Whizzer, while it can be excused that she liked the culture or just the names, again, a bit weird lol).

Natalya is a possibility of having named them too, but I haven't read Wanda's mini on its entirety yet, so maybe it's said she did it.

Lol yes, there are already memes about him being able to bring back mutant numbers on his own if more children are revealed to be his, I add the joke he should stop because the alimony alone should make him rethink his life choices but well in reality, he´s not much of a player but he has lived a long life so who knows for sure
    With how Krakoa is going right now, money alimony ain't a problem at least .

Well Magda´s twins should be adults now and Lorna lives with the X-men so it would not be so crowded but I agree with you marvel may just not bother and keep forgetting Magda had twins in the first place.
    Yeah, the best situation I can see to use 'em is if Magneto gets an on-going, otherwise, maybe not, 'cause Krakoa by default had already too many mutants, then they added Arakko's mutants, now thanks to ToM, basically every mutant that ever existed is fair game to return too, and characters who could be retconned into being mutants as well... So yeah, maybe let's put a hold on Magneto's family tree for a bit lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Well, regardless, they only really mentioned Miss America naming them as far as I saw, Magda surprisingly isn't said that she named them even if it makes more sense for her to have done so than Miss America (It is a bit weird she decided to pick those names to begin with, she's American and probably would eventually return to US of A with Whizzer, while it can be excused that she liked the culture or just the names, again, a bit weird lol).
    You know, there´s a wanda fan blog that has done some research on Wanda and Pietro´s names https://scarletwitching.tumblr.com/day/2020/12/08/ and I think you could look it over because she really brings this situation in context, you are right it doesn´t make much sense for Miss America to call her children "Wanda" and "Pietro" and this was the same reason why the X-movies went for Peter instead of Pietro because it makes more sense if he grew up in the US.

Natalya is a possibility of having named them too, but I haven't read Wanda's mini on its entirety yet, so maybe it's said she did it.
    Then I think you should read it, it gives more information on the circunstances of Wanda and Pietro´s birth but doesn´t help to solve the story of Magda and Miss America.

With how Krakoa is going right now, money alimony ain't a problem at least .
    No, it would definitely no longer be a problem for him or Krakoa but this doesn´t mean that getting a lot of lawsuits for lack of child support is ideal, I would very much prefer him to raise at least one kid for once

Yeah, the best situation I can see to use 'em is if Magneto gets an on-going, otherwise, maybe not, 'cause Krakoa by default had already too many mutants, then they added Arakko's mutants, now thanks to ToM, basically every mutant that ever existed is fair game to return too, and characters who could be retconned into being mutants as well... So yeah, maybe let's put a hold on Magneto's family tree for a bit lol.
    Lol agreed completely, this idea is better for a solo Magneto title if I dared to suggest marvel should bring back magda and magneto´s twins out of nowhere and give them space in the main titles the other X-fans would rightfully get mad at me. still I would love to see at least some art on Anya as a flashback or Magneto talking about her to Lorna sometimes.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

You know, there´s a wanda fan blog that has done some research on Wanda and Pietro´s names https://scarletwitching.tumblr.com/day/2020/12/08/ and I think you could look it over because she really brings this situation in context, you are right it doesn´t make much sense for Miss America to call her children "Wanda" and "Pietro" and this was the same reason why the X-movies went for Peter instead of Pietro because it makes more sense if he grew up in the US.
    Yeah, the best way it'd make sense is if Miss America and Whizzer were planning to live there, but I think it was talked about like they were just travelling around.

And thanks for the link.

Then I think you should read it, it gives more information on the circunstances of Wanda and Pietro´s birth but doesn´t help to solve the story of Magda and Miss America.
    Figures it doesn't, comic books prefer to make stuff more convoluted instead of actually solving stuff, and Wanda and her 4 mothers are definitely an example of this lol.

No, it would definitely no longer be a problem for him or Krakoa but this doesn´t mean that getting a lot of lawsuits for lack of child support is ideal,
    Well, Krakoa is pretty good at basically ignoring human laws, alimonies can be safely ignored if he pays the right people .

I would very much prefer him to raise at least one kid for once
    But super-heroes in general don't do that, much less mutants, the kids are magically teleported away and they're aged up if they even come back, or the characters finds out he has a secret kid who's at least a teenager, and you're asking for Magneto of all people to break this trend? Since we're talking about impossible things, do you also want Wolverine to stop being omnipresent? :P.

Lol agreed completely, this idea is better for a solo Magneto title if I dared to suggest marvel should bring back magda and magneto´s twins out of nowhere and give them space in the main titles the other X-fans would rightfully get mad at me. still I would love to see at least some art on Anya as a flashback or Magneto talking about her to Lorna sometimes.
    I guess it could at least let the wiki use a picture of her that isn't from the 80's lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Yeah, the best way it'd make sense is if Miss America and Whizzer were planning to live there, but I think it was talked about like they were just travelling around.
    And thanks for the link.
    Yes it looked like they were just travelling.

Figures it doesn't, comic books prefer to make stuff more convoluted instead of actually solving stuff, and Wanda and her 4 mothers are definitely an example of this lol.
    So true but it didn´t always has been this way, comics are convoluted but they are supposed to be that way to explain plot holes, not open more but I can´t blame Robinson since Remender didn´t really want to explain the retcon he did.

Well, Krakoa is pretty good at basically ignoring human laws, alimonies can be safely ignored if he pays the right people .
    They don´t ignore it, more like they have their own laws that are different to the human ones but they work within the same rules and regulations of the UN, also we are talking about Magneto here, the man already had three trials, well two trials and a murder mistery, I just know marvel is going to put him on another one and the alimonies are going to play a part, I just know it

But super-heroes in general don't do that, much less mutants, the kids are magically teleported away and they're aged up if they even come back, or the characters finds out he has a secret kid who's at least a teenager, and you're asking for Magneto of all people to break this trend? Since we're talking about impossible things, do you also want Wolverine to stop being omnipresent? :P.
    Wolvie is the best at what he does but I am not so deluded to think he could ever stop being everywhere, at this point is part of his character even if it annoys me sometimes and I don´t see why not, marvel often gives him kids but they are either grow up or die too young, him actually dealing with a 5 year old like Anya while leading Krakoa at least would be something new

I guess it could at least let the wiki use a picture of her that isn't from the 80's lol.
    Anya actually had a cameo on Claremont´s 00´S Excalibur series. I would love to see Lorna and Magneto talk about her sometimes.

I don't think the retcon was Remender's either. He was the writer on AXIS but it was obviously a mandated change.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think the retcon was Remender's either. He was the writer on AXIS but it was obviously a mandated change.
    I agree completely, I don´t blame Remender for the retcon, I am just pointing out he left before explaining fully his story with HE and Robinson was more interested in developing Wanda´s magic.

It's sadly part of the retcons for Wanda, and by extension, Pietro. I don't think they ever intended on the father being revealed for instance. The parents don't seem to matter as much as the characters being in line with whatever Marvel wants to do then. I feel like they should just leave it alone at this point, because every time they touch it, it becomes more messy. We've known for decades that at least that the Maximoffs raised them, and that Mags thought he was their father. That all is at least still in play. The Franks thinking they were the parents is such a short time in the overall sliding timescale.

At this point the thing I want most as a reader is for them to move on and stop revisiting the parental wheel. Move the characters on with the lore they've settled on so they don't become more of a mess.

Yes I agree to let it be and I liked what marvel has done with Wanda´s lore and how secure she looked confronting Doom on Darkhold Omega so I hope Steve Orlando keeps writting her in her new series but Pietro´s character definitely needs more work, marvel stripped him of almost every connection he had and then send him to limbo, I think he needs a title or a series to get some of them back so he can work on his own lore.

I'd definitely like to see Orlando write her more. Hopefully we hear something on the rumored solo soon.

She died too young so we don´t know for sure but her movie counterpart had mutant powers that allowed her to control animals so I think there´s a possibility she was a mutant as well and can be brought back again. Also Wanda and Magneto were talking about her just before he told her about the ressurrection protocols so I could see Wanda using her powers to search for her mind?/spirit? especifically so she could be brought back, of course all this depends on marvel wanting to bring her back which I am not sure they will given they are not very good at developing small children but the idea of Magneto raising Anya on Krakoa is interesting.
    Anya now could be resurrected thanks to TOM. As it allows people who would have been mutants if they hadn't died.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Stan Lee wrote kind of old-fashioned female characters (which, according to my mom anyway, was quite appealing to a lot of female readers at the time) and so if a female character wanted a career it was usually not a doctor or a lawyer, but an actress or a nurse. So when he wrote Wanda she wanted to be an actress and sewed a new costume for Hank Pym just in case he decided to return to the team.
    It's a shame that Wanda has given up on her dreams

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Holland was denying Tobey and Andrew being in NWH all the way up to the week where the movie opened. Why clear up misunderstandings when you can generate free marketing for the movie by keeping people guessing?
    This is not the same situation. Actors have to keep secrets because it's literally a part of their jobs. Leakers/insiders don't play by those rules, otherwise you wouldn't have entire movie scripts leaking online. We shouldn't even know Wanda is a villain (assuming the leaks are true) because no official promotional material is even hinting at that, so this is not about keeping surprises. All I'm saying is that with so many leaks about this one movie in particular, it would be nice if SOMEONE bothered to mention that villain Wanda is a variant or being possessed by the Darkhold or something. But most leakers just make it seem like she woke up one day and decided to kill people. It's really weird.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is not the same situation. Actors have to keep secrets because it's literally a part of their jobs. Leakers/insiders don't play by those rules, otherwise you wouldn't have entire movie scripts leaking online. We shouldn't even know Wanda is a villain (assuming the leaks are true) because no official promotional material is even hinting at that, so this is not about keeping surprises. All I'm saying is that with so many leaks about this one movie in particular, it would be nice if SOMEONE bothered to mention that villain Wanda is a variant or being possessed by the Darkhold or something. But most leakers just make it seem like she woke up one day and decided to kill people. It's really weird.
    The burden of having kids must get to her lol.
    It's rather funny to see people claim Wanda is evil when she breathes the wrong way, since people in the leaker community fully bought into that narrative now every action of her in WV and MoM trailer must be a hint of her villainy. To the point I fucking question those people's ability to reliably watch media.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    All I'm saying is that with so many leaks about this one movie in particular, it would be nice if SOMEONE bothered to mention that villain Wanda is a variant or being possessed by the Darkhold or something. But most leakers just make it seem like she woke up one day and decided to kill people. It's really weird.
    I feel the same way, but I realistically know it's not going to happen, because:

1. Leakers almost never know the whole movie, just scenes and other info passed along by a friend of a friend;
    2. If they did know the whole movie, or any reassuring context, they wouldn't post it because the whole point is to get clicks, and you get more clicks for teasing gruesome stuff out of context. Admit that it's not that bad in context and you lose clicks.

The classic example from last year is Fox Quicksilver; I don't know if leakers knew who he really was, but even if some of them knew, admitting he was just some brainwashed guy would certainly have made their clicks dry up immediately.

Believe me, I'd love to get some reassurance but I know it's not coming, if it comes, until the movie is finished and maybe even until it comes out.

Until then we'll just have to trust that Marvel/Disney wouldn't do something that stupid and they haven't released any promotion (yet) that makes it look like they would.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-16-2022 at 07:08 AM.