Page 240 of 456 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hate the up to interpretation thing. The ending of the Sopranos was also up to interpretation. Develop the character or just don't touch her. This just was just WV without all the depth and nuance.
    IA. I expect to see her in the future but for all intents and purposes Wanda is dead by the end of the film. Its the only thing that makes sense. Why drop a mountain on herself if she wasnt trying to commit suicide? This shouldnt have been left vague as it also wouldnt make sense for Dr. Strange to recover her body especially after he himself possessed a dead variant of himself

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think she will be back eventually, her "dead" was just like Hela in an ambiguous way.
    She’ll be back, but Hela still isn’t back, so it’s not a great comparison. Especially when they sort of made her a Hela knockoff in this.

Like I said, I think they considered her expendable, something to set up Young Avengers. If her solo project turns out to happen it won’t make me trust the MCU to do right by her. As of now, WandaVision was a happy fluke at a company that mostly treats female characters badly.

Tbf it's not* like they had much with Hela going on i think, even in the Thor movies, Thor just moves on to the next villain.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-13-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Tbf it's not* like they had much with Hela going on i think, even in the Thor movies, Thor just moves on to the next villain.
    True. But that's the thing. It doesn't seem like this plot was going to lead to Wanda being used again for years.

The Agatha spinoff is hopefully a sign that "WandaVision" changed their plans for her. And maybe that puff of red magic was their way of letting people know she probably wasn't dead. But it's still hard to feel optimistic after they put her in a story that, logically, should have led to her being absent for years just like any other villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, I have no confidence in them any more when it comes to this character. Because what would they have done if her show hadn't been popular? Put her on ice for a few years until they need her again for Young Avengers or something like that. Which of course would mirror her treatment in the comics, where they kicked her out, spoke of her only as their crazy friend who fell from grace, and then finally brought her back when they were ready do do that Young Avengers story.

If she does get her solo project (and that's still not guaranteed, obviously, though it's certainly likely), it won't change the fact that they didn't care about keeping her usable, just like they didn't care about Sharon Carter and had her turn evil offscreen the exact same way.
    Well Beast found her and had tea.....and Clint found her and had....tea. But yeah...she was thrown aside.

After WV I was really hoping for a redemption story for Wanda. spoilers:
    The Big Bad could have been some other big magic user like Umar, Kulan Gath or Morgan Le Fay. And Wanda could have teamed up with Strange to protect America and done something that reincarnated the kids in the main universe.
    end of spoilers

Was going to give my 2c about the Wanda of it all in MoM, but I'll just post some art.

SWCDesignMCUI.jpg

Tried an MCU inspired look, like that it kind of looks like an animated version of her.

SWCSketchGala.jpg

This took 3x as long and I absolutely despise it for some reason lol. Just couldn't do the costume justice.

https://imgur.com/jE1UUtW

https://imgur.com/yN8Uvnv
    Last edited by Ibara; 05-13-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Was going to give my 2c about the Wanda of it all in MoM, but I'll just post some art.

SWCDesignMCUI.jpg

Tried an MCU inspired look, like that it kind of looks like an animated version of her.

SWCSketchGala.jpg

This took 3x as long and I absolutely despise it for some reason lol. Just couldn't do the costume justice.
    I think they both look really nice! Good job!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    .....and Clint found her and had....tea.
    That's quite the way of putting that. That also grossed me out, because I do not believe Clint would ever do that where Wanda could not consent.

Extraordinary Member

That's quite the way of putting that. That also grossed me out, because I do not believe Clint would ever do that where Wanda could not consent.
    Technically the Wanda she was at the time consented...but I get what you are saying. And Clint was just back form the dead having been killed by Wanda in AD so probably not in the right head space.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Technically the Wanda she was at the time consented...but I get what you are saying. And Clint was just back form the dead having been killed by Wanda in AD so probably not in the right head space.
    No she absolutely did not. Wanda did not have her memories and could not properly consent.

Extraordinary Member

Lore is the villain of the 1994 "Scarlet Witch" 4-issue miniseries. She's an evil multiversal variant of Wanda who can't physically exist in other universes, so she possesses other versions of herself after driving them crazy with nightmares.

The premise of this movie sounded so much like that, that some of us hoped the evil Wanda was based on Lore and the leakers just mixed up which Wanda was the evil one.

But it didn't happen, and I'm really not sure if it was just a coincidence, or if they took elements of Lore and used it for regular Wanda. I haven't seen anyone from the movie mention it, if so.
    Technically she possess other Nexus Beings who are not necessarily Wanda.

In the movie, Wanda is probably just not important enough to warrant this kind of narrative protection and this privilege is saved for Stephen.

Also Lore is not fucking baby crazy, at least she is the cool kind of evil lol.

Wasn't that a Doom Bot?

Extraordinary Member

She’ll be back, but Hela still isn’t back, so it’s not a great comparison. Especially when they sort of made her a Hela knockoff in this.

Like I said, I think they considered her expendable, something to set up Young Avengers. If her solo project turns out to happen it won’t make me trust the MCU to do right by her. As of now, WandaVision was a happy fluke at a company that mostly treats female characters badly.
    I seriously don't even want Wanda to see her kids again, they just fucking tainted the whole idea of her family for me in general.
    She kinda fucked up in WV but the message about her family is still positive and emotionally touching, they framed Wanda as the accidental parent who loved her kids anyway, not someone who is obsessed with the idea of having offspring at all cost.(It's the difference between Englehart and Byrne/Bendis really.)

In the comics, they have wasted so much time to fix this ****, and I just don't want to see pointless redemption arcs again. Just don't ever let Wanda see her kids again and let her forget about them just like she forget about Vision and Pietro. Find something else to do really.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda thought of a sequel/followup idea that can kinda mock Waldron and have a decent story at the same time.
    1.Basically the idea is to have a show featuring Victoria Montesi and Darkhold Redeemers solving mysterious cases caused by newly emerging Darkhold pages.
    2.The crime scenes again purposefully looks like generic horror or slasher movies.
    3.The villain of this arc would be a failed screenwriter who desperately want to prove himself, dude is angry the industry cannot see his brilliance and writing skills.(cough, he is actually bad)
    4.Then one day Chthon/Darkhold Dwarf appeared to him and made him an offer. He will be granted the power of the author over reality itself. So here we have a medicore-to-bad writer who exploit the reality warping power granted to him.
    5.And he went on a writing spree and send out his scripts as mails to be randomly read.(It will only take effect after mortals read them.)Which caused chaos and mindboggling weird cases across the globe.

The basic idea is that Chthon's Earthly mananger is a shitty screenwriter.(Cast generic white dude with a moustache)
    Also explain why Wanda behave the way she is in MoM lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Wasn't that a Doom Bot?
    It's left ambiguous enough that it can be read either way.