Page 264 of 456 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    My point is, maybe that Wanda did have life before the lobotomy.
    In fact, given the age of the boys that is likely the case.

To be fair, even without the lobotomy 616 Wanda wanted that kind of life with Vision.
    That doesn't mean lobotomizing a woman is good. Jfc. Seriously. That isn't even in practice anymore for how brutal it is. Let alone doing it to a female character that has already had her agency stripped from her. Like come the eff on!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That doesn't mean lobotomizing a woman is good. Jfc. Seriously. That isn't even in practice anymore for how brutal it is. Let alone doing it to a female character that has already had her agency stripped from her. Like come the eff on!
    I mean, Wanda had that life even before the lobotomy. Especially, since the boys had to have been born before Strange made contract with the Darkhold (that is how they learned about it). Also, they suppressed her powers, not her mental function. Similar to what Xavier did to Jean in Last Stand.

That Wanda was still powerful enough to kick everybody's ass though.

I mean, Wanda had that life even before the lobotomy. Especially, since the boys had to have been born before Strange made contract with the Darkhold (that is how they learned about it). Also, they suppressed her powers, not her mental function. Similar to what Xavier did to Jean in Last Stand.

That Wanda was still powerful enough to kick everybody's ass though.
    Doesn't matter what they suppressed. It's heavily tone deaf. We don't need anymore of this kind of bs. We need writers to actually learn how to write powerful women. Instead of suppressing their power because they don't know how to write women in control of their powers.

I kinda like the idea that an lobomtized version of Wanda was still unstoppable. lmao

I kina like the idea that an lobomtized version Wanda was still unstoppable.
    I would kind of like the idea of stopping toxic sexist **** for Wanda. You gotta be kidding me. Seriously, she's become this wish list of all the worst sexist tropes. And usually it revolves around something X-Men. What is up with that?

I would kind of like the idea of stopping toxic sexist **** for Wanda. You gotta be kidding me. Seriously, she's become this wish list of all the worst sexist tropes. And usually it revolves around something X-Men. What is up with that?
    I get what you're coming from. Didn't they do this with Carol in her movie with the Knee suppressing her powers to control her?

I get what you're coming from. Didn't they do this with Carol in her movie with the Knee suppressing her powers to control her?
    I don't remember if they did that or not. But other stories doing it doesn't make it right. Whether it's done to Carol, done to Jean nor done to Wanda. Lobotomy is a controversial subject for a reason. Cyclops was right in murdering Xavier. Because he never knew where the appropriate line was. And I feel thankful that they at least didn't do this. But damn, writers at some point need to really evolve when it comes to writing powerful women. Because it's been far too long for them to still not get it.

Allow Wanda to learn traditional magic to control her own powers. Put the choice in her hands. Let her take the initiative and to fix her mistakes. Don't have men come in to save her nor make decisions on her body. That's just gross.

I don't remember if they did that or not. But other stories doing it doesn't make it right. Whether it's done to Carol, done to Jean nor done to Wanda. Lobotomy is a controversial subject for a reason. Cyclops was right in murdering Xavier. Because he never knew where the appropriate line was. And I feel thankful that they at least didn't do this. But damn, writers at some point need to really evolve when it comes to writing powerful women. Because it's been far too long for them to still not get it.

Allow Wanda to learn traditional magic to control her own powers. Put the choice in her hands. Let her take the initiative and to fix her mistakes. Don't have men come in to save her nor make decisions on her body. That's just gross.
    It is gross they went to ask Magneto for permission instead of Wanda.

It is gross they went to ask Magneto for permission instead of Wanda.
    My hope is that the movie took enough heat that they at least let Wanda be in control of correcting her mistakes.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with this supposed Wanda/Jean Grey connection?
    Just fascinated by it. Because it could be hints at a potential AvX in the future.

This just occurred to me: What if 838 Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch in the prophecy? The darkhold castle had a statue of Wiccan who doesn't exist in the 616. Basically becoming Lore.

This just occurred to me: What if 838 Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch in the prophecy? The darkhold castle had a statue of Wiccan who doesn't exist in the 616. Basically becoming Lore.
    I felt like 838 Wanda was more personality wise like regular MCU-616 Wanda, and what was supposed to be MCU-616 Wanda was more like Lore.

Just fascinated by it. Because it could be hints at a potential AvX in the future.
    The only reason they have a link in the first place is because of dudes that could not write classic women, without making them the focus of everyone's wet dreams, powerful but not able to control it, I can fix her fetishes.