Page 87 of 456 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Again still much more to verify in this movie, we should not be jumping to conclusions so majorly.

Also Bendis was JUST erased in the Comics with Trial of Magneto, we sure Impossible to forget THAT impact it had on the community!
    But in movies, animated shows, games etc, they can still follow what he did in those stories, giving that are her most popular stories.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-17-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

More if some Hardcore Reality in the Real, In Canon World we Live in for Our Wanda Now.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    But in movies, animated shows, games etc, they can still follow what he did in those stories, giving that are her most popular stories.
    Only by so much Cause the movie world is not par for par of the comic world, it will be different.

Also WandaVision clearly took elements from nexus beings, Scarlet and Vision solo and Busiek era, So their is allot they seem to be pulling from too.

We need more time to truly figure the cocktail they are making here us all I am saying.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Bendis not seeing the pearly gates, he started all of this, now we cant never escape this depiction of wanda in all media...
    For some reason I think maybe a mystical character only video game may solve that problem.
    One of my personal idea is a post-Apocalypse setting with Wanda and various other magic users finding a way to fix a broken Earth.(Basically Ian McNee's quest in recovering Elder Gods artifacts.)
    But again Midnight Suns game seems to again use her as a tragic tale of a gal getting too much power and stuff.(While the protagonist is a bloody demon spawn of all things, so yeah it's just Wanda who cannot deal with this ****.)
    Self-contained standalone stories are probably better for her in this department.
    Stick around for too long and the creators might just find themselves the juicy opportunity to use her as anything but the character herself.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-17-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    What are the criteria? MCU or comics? In a fight or in some other contest?
    MCU in a fight, Carol in full gear & Wanda shirt & pants after eating some Yo Magic for breakfast.

Extraordinary Member

Very convicing but spoilers:
    Mytimetoshinehello a scooper who been leaking stuff of the movie and been right ( a lot of people follow her on twitter) says reed richards is john krasinski and that charlize theron is there as well as Clea with the illuminatis, also says Blackbolt is in the movie and is part of the illuminatis, which sounds so odd
    end of spoilers
    Not that it matters but MyTimeToShineHello just rips off other scoops/leaks. Her Doctor Strange 2 plot in September was just a cut and paste from that August Reddit leak by an anonymous user who claimed their friend was an intern on the film & read the script. Whoever that friend is, all the info about the film comes from them. Unfortunately it’s been accurate so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    MCU in a fight, Carol in full gear & Wanda shirt & pants after eating some Yo Magic for breakfast.
    Hmm. Post-WV I would go with Wanda on this. Carol has physical resistance but that doesn't really matter much against someone like Wanda. Thanos found that out the hard way. Carol could win by landing a sucker punch but while she is fast she is no speedster.

No mention of Wanda in the May Solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Considering Wanda is basically fighting a carol variant spoilers:
    Maria rambeau, well not variant but the captain marvel in this universe
    end of spoilers confirmed in the trailer, wanda easily shields from her and shows she can fight with these superman type of characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No mention of Wanda in the May Solicitations
    It's not looking like a good month, or year, for the character.

I know we're accused of being too much doom and gloom, but a year after her show, no comics and impending character assassination in the MCU.

If things turn out better than that, I'll be the first to celebrate. What evidence do we have that things will get better?

The leaks are pretty much confirmed by the trailer. There is no coming back from this for Wanda.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I know we're accused of being too much doom and gloom, but a year after her show, no comics and impending character assassination in the MCU.

If things turn out better than that, I'll be the first to celebrate. What evidence do we have that things will get better?
    We had Trial of Magneto and Darkhold last year and honestly they gave more to Wanda’s character alone I fixing her past injustice to her the many since Robinson’s Run Combined, so she did even limited in Canon and Context term more then any other year to help her character.

I still will to wait and honestly rather have a book she is on be a solo announcement then a drop in a monthly drop anyways if I am being honest. Let that be her announcement moment to shine and not just here it is with 100 other books.

We have yet to confirm story elements, characters intent, context of the leaks, variants, story elements and many other facts to this movie. To jump to such conclusions this early it does not matter what leaks got on visuals right, context, depth, meaning, substance is what is more important in any work, at this point we are just guessing and theories at best.

Until we get hard facts and what I describe already it is not any way time or Doom and Gloom role an all ok yet, much more is needed.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-17-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    The leaks are pretty much confirmed by the trailer. There is no coming back from this for Wanda.
    Great for the early ones getting some things right, now lets fill in the other 90% of the movie before one take their case for the 100% story and script they have theories for this movie to court.

(For more in-depth on these points see my recent posts)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    I guess the hope at this point is just that the MCU couldn't be so stupid as to take a popular, likable character to the point of no return. That's what creates the hope that there is some missing context and keeps me from just abandoning the character entirely.

But of course logic said that they would never do a story like this to begin with, when it's so stupid and sexist and they even made a big deal of pointing out that the "powerful woman goes crazy" trope is stupid and sexist. Logic also said they wouldn't keep the character out of comics this long no matter how popular she gets.

Logic never applies to this one character. If logic were in play, she'd be teaming up with Strange or at least doing a darker story among characters she actually knows, not tossed into someone else's movie and abandoned.

I'm sorry, CJ. I really hope your optimism is right, and if it's not, I hope my gloom and doom doesn't inspire you to give up on the character. But you can see why I'm depressed. Since that random plot hit Reddit in August, I've been waiting for something that contradicts it, and we haven't had anything yet, not from leaks, not from trailers. Things could still turn out better but I can't hope any more.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-17-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I know you want comic content, but hey at least she's in limbo but fully reedemed from M-day and the pretender nickname, thats something,

As much i like the MCU Wanda to end well, remember it's just and AU in a way, reboots exists and we might see another wanda in 10 years or less who knows...