Page 253 of 456 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Indeed. It's still crazy to think that Wanda and Carol Danvers are the most high-profile Marvel superheroines right now considering the misogynistic nonsense and subsequent extended phases of limbo that they had to go through in comics.
    I really don't know what comics are thinking. Maybe they hate selling copies?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really don't know what comics are thinking. Maybe they hate selling copies?
    Wow, it's nice to agree with you on these threads sometimes!

I'm actually a little bit surprised that you dislike the multiverse stuff. Isn't this kind of thing "old hat" in Marvel and DC Comics? Lots of comic book fans love it. In THEORY, I think multiverses can make for some fascinating storytelling, but I don't think the comics do it well. I might check out Everything Everywhere All At Once once it leaves theaters. Ironically, it was produced by the Russo Brothers. You gave up on the CW shows because of the multiversal nonsense? But I thought you enjoyed Loki's show! That series was all about time travel and multiverses. I don't mind if DC and/or Marvel emulate each other. But the ideas they emulate gotta be good. Surprisingly, the Russos are weary of the over-reliance on multiverses in Hollywood these days:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-avengers-...ll-in-warning/

I think Wanda will lay low for a couple of years maybe. I don't mind that. I'm pretty convinced now that Cumberbatch and Olsen did not enjoy making the MoM. I think Olsen would come back more readily if she got to work with Hahn and Bettany again. Maybe in a possible Scarlet Witch film? I'm actually worried about She-Hulk. That's my most anticipated Disney Plus Marvel show, but I just got this feeling that it will be an overstuffed mess. Marvel Studios really should have taken even MORE time to work on the MoM.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-16-2022 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow, it's nice to agree with you on these threads sometimes!

I'm actually a little bit surprised that you dislike the multiverse stuff. Isn't this kind of thing "old hat" in Marvel and DC Comics. Lots of comic book fans love it. In THEORY, I think multiverses can make for some fascinating storytelling, but I don't think the comics do it well. I might check out Everything Everywhere All At Once once it leaves theaters. Ironically, it was produced by the Russo Brothers. You gave up on the CW shows because of the multiversal nonsense? But I thought you enjoyed Loki's show! That series was all about time travel and multiverses. I don't mind if DC and/or Marvel emulate each other. But the ideas they emulate gotta be good. Surprisingly, the Russos are weary of the over-reliance on multiverses in Hollywood these days:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-avengers-...ll-in-warning/

I think Wanda will lay low for a couple of years maybe. I don't mind that. I'm pretty convinced now that Cumberbatch and Olsen did not enjoy making the MoM. I think Olsen would come back more readily if she got to work with Hahn and Bettany again. Maybe in a possible Scarlet Witch film? I'm actually worried about She-Hulk. That's my most anticipated Disney Plus Marvel show, but I just got this feeling that it will be an overstuffed mess. Marvel Studios really should have taken even MORE time to work on the MoM.
    Multiverse didn't start to be a thing at Marvel until a bit later in it's history. And I have never really been into multiverse nor time travel stuff all that much. There are probably rare stories where it works, but most of the time it's a mess. And I was happy when the incursions caused the other universes to be gone. I especially didn't like the Ultimate universe.

Loki's show was fine, but I hated the merger of Enchantress and Lady Loki into one character and having it be Sylvie. Instead of having those characters individually and giving them time on screen.

I don't know how long Wanda will be gone, but I have a feeling she'll at least make an appearance in Agatha's show which is supposed to release anywhere from mid 2023 to 2024. So we'll see how close that is.

I hope they don't wreck She-Hulk. People already aren't happy with the changes to Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I'm not sure what they are thinking with having the actor ask kids if they've seen America. She's basically asking kids to assist her in kidnapping another kid. They should have gone the Future Revolution direction where she's searching for her family but also concerned about the incursions. Some things are just not appropriate for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And I feel the MCU's multiverse has been explained REALLY poorly as well.
    TBF I don't know what explanation beyond 'parallel universes exist' is needed. The multiverse is a concept as old as time and its roots can be found in religions like Hinduism so it's not like a really difficult and foreign subject to grasp. People get an idea of what it is from the word 'multiverse' itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not sure what they are thinking with having the actor ask kids if they've seen America. She's basically asking kids to assist her in kidnapping another kid. They should have gone the Future Revolution direction where she's searching for her family but also concerned about the incursions. Some things are just not appropriate for kids.
    Makes me wonder how kids are reacting to her in MoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder how kids are reacting to her in MoM.
    Some screamed and had to leave the movie cause they thought Wanda was too scary
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Some screamed and had to leave the movie cause they thought Wanda was too scary
    Wow. Guess Disney didnt really think about what impact MOM would have on how kids might now view her

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow. Guess Disney didnt really think about what impact MOM would have on how kids might now view her
    They never expected her to get so popular; this is obvious and they've more or less admitted it a few times. (Elizabeth Olsen did an interview recently where she worried that young girls might be looking to Wanda as a role model.) But by the time the show was airing, they were in the middle of filming.

Basically they had their breakout female character and tossed her away (at least for a couple of years) because they couldn't let go of Feige's fixation with turning her evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF I don't know what explanation beyond 'parallel universes exist' is needed. The multiverse is a concept as old as time and its roots can be found in religions like Hinduism so it's not like a really difficult and foreign subject to grasp. People get an idea of what it is from the word 'multiverse' itself.
    It was also theorized by ancient Greek philosophers.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...-deleted-scene

In a recent episode of the Weekly Planet podcast, host James Clement not only revealed that "Michael Fassbender was going to turn up as Magneto" but that this scene was "filmed but ultimately cut..." from Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    Thanks Juan.

When watching it it felt like a scene or two from alternate universe Wanda and her family had been cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They picked a hard R horror movie director and told him to film a Witch possessed by an evil book what exactly was one expecting?

Still kids have a short attention span. I suspect any cost in merch sales for Wanda will be quite limited if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    It was also theorized by ancient Greek philosophers.
    It has some root in scientific theory as well. But I think what I'd have liked to see is them do more than make the multiverse stuff some passing gimmick. Have it be more organized. They've had since Endgame to develop it. Spidey's seemed to feel more satisfying than this despite sending everyone back (maybe essentially killing some of them) because they at least had some quality time in the movie. This felt like they were here to just be killed off for shock.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They picked a hard R horror movie director and told him to film a Witch possessed by an evil book what exactly was one expecting?
    The lore of Chthon, the Darkhold, the prophecy, the Vishanti all fleshed out. Something they did in less time in comics.

Still kids have a short attention span. I suspect any cost in merch sales for Wanda will be quite limited if there is any.
    I don't think it has any impact on merch. It's just the wrong story to have in Disney parks with kids. They changed it in a game, probably for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They never expected her to get so popular; this is obvious and they've more or less admitted it a few times. (Elizabeth Olsen did an interview recently where she worried that young girls might be looking to Wanda as a role model.) But by the time the show was airing, they were in the middle of filming.

Basically they had their breakout female character and tossed her away (at least for a couple of years) because they couldn't let go of Feige's fixation with turning her evil.
    But it's all good because we've got Carol and other Avenger ladies .