Page 21 of 456 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Every superhero character sort of defaults to the same story over and over, and with Wanda it's not knowing how to control her powers, right from her very first appearance. The idea that she doesn't quite know how her powers work, or even what her powers are, keeps coming up again and again. One writer tries to give her more control, but then things happen under other writers that can only be reconciled by her not fully understanding what her powers were capable of.

One thing I would like to see if she gets another solo, and a missed opportunity in Robinson's series, is really getting to see her learn how to control her powers and testing out what they can and can't do. This could never happen in Avengers stories because there's never enough panel time, so Englehart and Busiek had to largely leave her training and study off-panel. (Never mind the MCU where we got to see all of 30 seconds of her studying and then she immediately moves on to someone else's story.) But if we could watch her learning -- in the field, I mean, not reading books -- then we might be able to believe she's an expert on the use of her powers; some writers try to say she is, but since her powers are so completely inconsistent, it's a case of "tell don't show."
    Now that she has Chthon in her pocket, one of my idea is that she will construct an "Earth" in her mind(or wherever Chthon is imprisoned, maybe a spiritual plane.)to trick Chthon into thinking he actually succeeded at returning to Earth. And Chthon will do his **** to shape Earth to his liking while Wanda silently observe and learn from him.

Basically Wanda can build an Earth Sims game for Chthon and she will watch and learn.(Like she can access this plane through her dream or something.)
    They can also make it some kind of fakeout plots like Wanda still having nightmares of Chthon conquering Earth while in reality it's Wanda purposefully doing it to gain knowledge from Chthon.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Just checked it out and, when did Magneto even find her corpse to make a graveyard? And also how did her find it? Lol.
    Magneto put that grave in Magda´s honor after being told she died during the snow storm by Bova but in reality he never found her. I think even her bio at marvel says she´s "presumed dead" because her death never was confirmed.

Her grave was seen for the first time on X-men Unlimited #2

And Avengers: Children´s Crusade keep it as canon

I'm pretty sure more than once Sentinels identify them as mutants, Cerebro probably does so too, but I guess you can say High Evolutionary did something that can fool Sentinels.I mean Moira is now a mutant despite not being one for years, so I guess we just accept this kind of bullshit now lol.
    Maybe by that time they thought the babies were dead and just assumed High Evolutionary decided to give them a new pair lol.
    Miss America named them in Giant Size Avengers#1 according to Bova (Or at least, Whizzer's retelling of the events):
    It doesn't look like Magda named them in Avengers#186, or at least, Bova has no lines that indicate she did:
    It's still possible for it to be the case, so it could be that Magda named the children, Bova offered them to Whizzer with the names Magda came up with, or Magda didn't name them, but Miss America did, so Bova decided to use the names Miss America came up with for Magda's children.
    Miss America died on childbirth, Magda didn´t die so I think she had plenty of time to name her twins.

Hard to say what's up post retcons since it's not even clear if Marvel remembers about either Magda or Miss America at this point, but since the only common connection seems to be High Evolutionary, then the name must've come from there, but and maybe either Miss America or Magda came up with 'em, or maybe Marya did, or Natalya did, or I dunno, Bova came up with them lol.
    They might've died like the rest of the twins, but it's unknown at this point lol.
    So, in order:
    Giant Size Avengers#1, Whizzer and Miss America were Wanda's and Pietro's parents.
    Avengers#186, it's actually this woman named Magda, and she went to Wundagore to to give birth to her kids in secret because of Magneto, and after she gave birth, she left the place to die so Magneto can never find the children, then, Whizzer and Miss America went to Wundagore, Miss America gave birth to twins, who died, and then Bova offered Magda's twins to Whizzer, but the death of his wife made him run away.

It's not clear if Bova told Whizzer if the babies were someone else's children or not, but considering that in Avengers#186, she only points out that he ran away because of the death of his wife, she probably didn't tell him.

Now, Uncanny Avengers#4 vol 2, High Evolutionary says he kidnapped Django's and Marya's children, made some experiments on them, considered them a failure and dumped them back to the family he stole them from.

How do Miss America and Magda fit into this? Who cares? At this point Marvel certainly doesn't.

Now, Scarlet Witch vol 2#11 reveals that Natalya gave birth to twins, and left them with Marya, and High Evolutionary wanted those twins, and eventually got them:

https://i.imgur.com/TIrpDrD.png

So, if we try to make a timeline out of this, Natalya gave birth, left her twins with Marya (Scarlet Witch#11 vol 2), High Evolutionary kidnapped them and made experiments on them (Uncanny Avengers#4 vol 2), then at some point during this, Magda shows up in Wundagore, gives birth to twins and leaves (Avengers#186), then, Miss American and Whizzer show up in Wundagore, she gives birth to twins, she dies and so do the twins (Giant Size Avengers#1 and Avengers#186, but with Avengers#186's retcons), then, after all of this gives Wanda and Pietro twins to Django and Maria (All versions), because the experiments he made on them were failures (Uncanny Avengers#4 vol 2).

The most blatant plot holes here are related to Magda, since she's not Pietro's and Wanda's mother anymore, then stuff like when Wanda was born there, from Magda, and a mysterious light shined when it happened, can't have happened, and the set of twins from Magda just, disappeared lol.

Also would be funny if Marvel remembers this detail, decides to say Magda's twins are alive somewhere, just so Magneto can have more children lol.

But, as y'all can see, it's very easy to follow :P.

Kinda funny that as bad as all of this is, it's not nearly as bad as Donna, and thankfully, unlike Donna, we don't get too much focus on Wanda's past, likely, or hopefully, she won't become Marvel's Donna.
    I actually would love to meet Magneto´s twins, like if marvel will keep this canon then they could as well go all out and actually explain what happened to Magda´s twins and now that Wanda fixed the ressurrection process we could see Anya back as well
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-11-2022 at 09:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I would just blame Chthon for everything and move on.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

This could become important for Wanda, If true:

But to be honest, since the MCU does Wanda’s Lore right from the scratch, I hope they won’t let the High Evolutionery be part of it. Those parts of her background were always the least interesting to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

But to be honest, since the MCU does Wanda’s Lore right from the scratch, I hope they won’t let the High Evolutionery be part of it. Those parts of her background were always the least interesting to me.
    HE has a high chance of being an alien in MCU IMO, just like Mantis and Drax.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

And totally unnecessary the High Evolutionary doesn't actually add to Wanda's backstory just makes it more convoluted.

Entertainment Earth exclusive WandaVision Scarlet Witch Glow-in-the-Dark Pop! Vinyl Figure coming in May

https://www.******************.com/p...d=EN-911104722

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Entertainment Earth exclusive WandaVision Scarlet Witch Glow-in-the-Dark Pop! Vinyl Figure coming in May

https://www.******************.com/p...d=EN-911104722
    I truly hate that they did this. Why didn't they reveal that when they revealed the other pop just like it? I already have this pop but without the glow. I wish they had done a slightly different one with the glow or something.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    And totally unnecessary the High Evolutionary doesn't actually add to Wanda's backstory just makes it more convoluted.
    I don't mind the HE stuff but it's only necessary if Pietro is in the mix and he is dead. So they should stick with the legendary witch thing. HE also has many stories without Wanda even being a part of it. So any part he could play in the MCU could easily be without Wanda involved and involve like Adam Warlock for instance.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    If Wanda does have a solo coming soon I would love for you to be the main writer or editor just cause your ideas would both safe guard and feel like an acknowledgment to Wanda’s complex history
    I doubt that's going to happen, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think Darker Than Scarlet has Wanda saying that her hex actively changes the past for a specific outcome to happen, so yeah, chaos magic doing something like that to change her own past would make sense too.

But uh, what about Life Force? That **** was made to explain why Wanda is suddenly powerful enough to make Decimation happen to begin with, and for something else to be blamed for it too, would that go out of the picture to say the whole thing is chaos magic related?
    I've never read it, so I can't say. But I'd think chaos magic could certainly be a art of it -- the idea is to explain stuff, not to overturn stuff.

Also think it's worth pointing out that, if a story were to be made to reconcile the nonsense of her past, maybe it shouldn't focus only on that and put emphasis on the "now" too
    Well, of course. Writing it off to chaos magic is a way of saying, "Okay, don't worry about it; let's move on."

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Might as well call it Schrödinger's magic since it makes everyone and everything involved kinda there and not there.
    "Chaos magic" is easier to spell.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I am all for moving on and just say Wanda doesn't care about who her biological parents are, just the ones who actually raised her and Pietro, so the Maximoffs.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

This is utterly stunning.