Page 345 of 456 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Gonna be real honest here, she kinda has a "default face" of an MMO or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Gonna be real honest here, she kinda has a "default face" of an MMO or something.
    I think it looks like Adriana Lima. I assume the artist referenced her face.

I guess you just don't see the value of those characters who are kinda the core cast of a certain franchise.
    Those characters could be explored more, the stories just chose to use them for cheap shock value. Also LAT is not received well for that kind of humanor.
    The MCU has always been it's own thing and will always be. Therefore a core cast doesn't exist unless the MCU establishes it as such like they did with Wong. The source material serves as inspiration for movies and shows but they are not beholden to it and that shouldn't be a new revelation.
    I mainly care about getting entertainment from those things and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I think it looks like Adriana Lima. I assume the artist referenced her face.
    When I saw this I knew it had some kind of familiarity to it and now that you mentioned it I can see it.

By Ralph Dacanay
    https://pin.it/1Nb0XsX

Last edited by Galerion; 07-10-2022 at 12:29 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Uh, Mordo is MCU support cast. Strange did have a first movie that set up things the second never touched on... like our Mordo going after sorcerers and Brother Voodoo being set up.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    If you think that Mordo has anything to offer at this point then sure go ahead, I just don't see it. I see him in the same position as the Warrior Three in Thor. Side characters that have no place in the franchise going forward. They were killed off in seconds in Ragnarok and that was even turned into a joke in L&T. Those were Thors friends too by the way unlike Mordo who Strange couldn't care less about. The only criminal thing here is wasting an actor like Chiwetel Ejiofor like that. That's probably the only reason that has kept him alive for now. So outside factors are responsible just like with Sif.
    I hated what they did with the Warriors Three too.

And she would have a higher chance of being put down for good.
    This is 100% correct. I thought exact same when i read it. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The MCU has always been it's own thing and will always be. Therefore a core cast doesn't exist unless the MCU establishes it as such like they did with Wong. The source material serves as inspiration for movies and shows but they are not beholden to it and that shouldn't be a new revelation.
    I mainly care about getting entertainment from those things and that's it.

When I saw this I knew it had some kind of familiarity to it and now that you mentioned it I can see it.

By Ralph Dacanay
    https://pin.it/1Nb0XsX

Despite my misgivings about aspects of this movie, this is a beautiful pic.

Makes me think of other actresses who could play her in future and the different aesthetic it would give her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Makes me think of other actresses who could play her in future and the different aesthetic it would give her.
    It would be a long time after this wave of CBM movie.
    I think if Wanda is to have another major adaption media boost, it will have to come from something like animation or gaming.

It would be a long time after this wave of CBM movie.
    I think if Wanda is to have another major adaption media boost, it will have to come from something like animation or gaming.
    Oh Poo!! I know you're right darnit. I'm hoping when they reboot X-Men they will reboot all MCU and have her start out in 2nd X-Men movie and then transfer to Avengers. OFC with a beautiful Romani actress to play her and looks like her in comics with auburn hair, med light skin and blue (or green w/e she started blue but gets drawn green a lot now) eyes. They are out there and would be nice to keep her comics accurate appearance wise- there's lots to choose from - so I hope they don't start making up their own SW. It's nice when they are depicted like they look in the comics and talented) and others. Lizzie is great and overcame much criticism in the beginning on that but her acting skills and personality turned the page on that for her.
    Actually if it's a well written script and the actress looks like her and is awesome i'll be happy. It's just such a roll of the dice.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 07-10-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Secret Wars and Secret Invasion are all I've seen people talk about on social media.

Those guys have their opinions but like us, they are in the minority. Most are ranking the shows and movies still pretty high.

So while I don't really care for multiverse stuff, and didn't like MoM, I'm very aware the my opinion is very much in the minority. And the whole universe is not gonna change nor stop because of what I like or dislike.
    I know you and others on this thread are avid comic book readers. But I AM surprised that you actually sympathize with the "casual" viewers who are getting increasingly lost as the MCU chugs along through Phase Four. I'm interested in Secret Invasion SOLELY because I like Samuel L. Jackson. Nothing else. I don't know that story from the comics at all. But I have absolute confidence that Jackson will elevate the material he is given in that series.

I also found a comment on social media that reflects my view on the current status of the MCU:

"In the earlier phases of the MCU there was more space between individual films, fewer characters, less backstory to remember, and audiences were coming to them fresher (though not entirely fresh, given that some people were already complaining about super hero fatigue)."

That's why I DON'T agree with commenters saying that Phase Four is just a new version of Phase One. They're TOTALLY different in my view. People seem to want Secret Wars to be some sort of cameo-fest, and I'm just tired of Marvel Studios shoving cameos into their shows and movies for no reason. I lost interest in the Hawkeye series after they rushed the whole Echo/Kingpin story. They NEEDED to focus more of that show on Clint/Kate/The Swordsman/Kazi/Kate's mom. I get adding Yelena to Hawkeye, but it was just too many subplots for me to follow at the end. And I thought it was very cynical of Marvel Studios to add Fisk into the show to promote future Daredevil projects...And right when NWH was coming out. If they wanted to put Kingpin in Hawkeye, the MCU should have put Fisk in EARLIER in the series. It would have made Echo's relationship with him more fleshed out. But Disney didn't do that. They wanted to hype the Hawkeye show by dangling his appearance later in the series. I would have saved Kingpin's debut in a post-credit scene and focused the Hawkeye series WAY more on the characters I just mentioned. I liked Moon Knight basically because I learned more about Egyptian culture and mythology and I really like Isaac's and Hawke's acting. But the whole asylum thing and lizard/bird fight at the end just confused the hell outta me. So it's not JUST the multiverse/time travel aspects of the MCU's new stories that I dislike.

But are we in a minority? Sure MOST people seem to like Strange 2 and Thor 4. But lots of folks DON'T like them either. There is FAR more dislike for those two movies than for previous MCU properties from earlier phases. And what about the folks who have checked out of the MCU after watching earlier Phase Four entries? If we're a minority, we are NOT a small one. I think it's sad that Ms. Marvel has gotten lower viewership numbers, but I think that has a LOT to do with the fact that MCU fans are fatigued as hell, and don't wanna watch any new Marvel content (regardless of its quality) for a while. That's why I'm REALLY nervous about She-Hulk. If Thor 4 collapses at the box office by next weekend, I think it will damage She-Hulk's reception. I have stated on this thread Disney should have absolutely delayed She-Hulk into 2023...If only to give their VFX teams more time to work on it. They're taking a lot of heat for the "bad" CGI in the She-Hulk trailers, but Marvel execs aren't coming out to defend them (even though they PUT them in such a difficult position in the first place). So, I'm not saying Phase Four "sucks", or is boring and woke. I have specific reasons why I'm dissatisfied. And I even have some solutions! All Marvel movies and shows currently in production should be completed. But any new Disney Plus shows being planned should be postponed. Older characters like Rhodey and Banner should be given priority over newer ones. And I think Disney should maybe release only 2 to 3 Marvel films a year. And perhaps just ONE television series a year. Two television series a year is an absolute maximum they should do, but if they do that, I would seriously cut down the length of them as well (I don't care if they don't get to introduce more characters. There are enough ready). And make them available through physical media to let audiences who don't have Disney Plus access to them. And I would immediately start "retiring" characters that have been in the MCU for 10-12 years. THEN the MCU can start introducing new ones slowly and gradually like in the first three Phases.

Folks seem to think that because viewership numbers and box office results are still going strong for Disney/Marvel that is a sign that things are going "great". I TOTALLY disagree. If more and more people dislike the new MCU properties, I think it will absolutely lose its standing as top dogs in Hollywood. It'll remain "popular", but Grey's Anatomy and the Simpsons are also "popular" as well. But how many people are hyped for those shows nowadays? Not to be doom-and-gloom, I just feel the MCU is in a REALLY precarious state right now. It's not too late to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I know you and others on this thread are avid comic book readers. But I AM surprised that you actually sympathize with the "casual" viewers who are getting increasingly lost as the MCU chugs along through Phase Four. I'm interested in Secret Invasion SOLELY because I like Samuel L. Jackson. Nothing else. I don't know that story from the comics at all. But I have absolute confidence that Jackson will elevate the material he is given in that series.

I also found a comment on social media that reflects my view on the current status of the MCU:

"In the earlier phases of the MCU there was more space between individual films, fewer characters, less backstory to remember, and audiences were coming to them fresher (though not entirely fresh, given that some people were already complaining about super hero fatigue)."

That's why I DON'T agree with commenters saying that Phase Four is just a new version of Phase One. They're TOTALLY different in my view. People seem to want Secret Wars to be some sort of cameo-fest, and I'm just tired of Marvel Studios shoving cameos into their shows and movies for no reason. I lost interest in the Hawkeye series after they rushed the whole Echo/Kingpin story. They NEEDED to focus more of that show on Clint/Kate/The Swordsman/Kazi/Kate's mom. I get adding Yelena to Hawkeye, but it was just too many subplots for me to follow at the end. And I thought it was very cynical of Marvel Studios to add Fisk into the show to promote future Daredevil projects...And right when NWH was coming out. If they wanted to put Kingpin in Hawkeye, the MCU should have put Fisk in EARLIER in the series. It would have made Echo's relationship with him more fleshed out. But Disney didn't do that. They wanted to hype the Hawkeye show by dangling his appearance later in the series. I would have saved Kingpin's debut in a post-credit scene and focused the Hawkeye series WAY more on the characters I just mentioned. I liked Moon Knight basically because I learned more about Egyptian culture and mythology and I really like Isaac's and Hawke's acting. But the whole asylum thing and lizard/bird fight at the end just confused the hell outta me. So it's not JUST the multiverse/time travel aspects of the MCU's new stories that I dislike.

But are we in a minority? Sure MOST people seem to like Strange 2 and Thor 4. But lots of folks DON'T like them either. There is FAR more dislike for those two movies than for previous MCU properties from earlier phases. And what about the folks who have checked out of the MCU after watching earlier Phase Four entries? If we're a minority, we are NOT a small one. I think it's sad that Ms. Marvel has gotten lower viewership numbers, but I think that has a LOT to do with the fact that MCU fans are fatigued as hell, and don't wanna watch any new Marvel content (regardless of its quality) for a while. That's why I'm REALLY nervous about She-Hulk. If Thor 4 collapses at the box office by next weekend, I think it will damage She-Hulk's reception. I have stated on this thread Disney should have absolutely delayed She-Hulk into 2023...If only to give their VFX teams more time to work on it. They're taking a lot of heat for the "bad" CGI in the She-Hulk trailers, but Marvel execs aren't coming out to defend them (even though they PUT them in such a difficult position in the first place). So, I'm not saying Phase Four "sucks", or is boring and woke. I have specific reasons why I'm dissatisfied. And I even have some solutions! All Marvel movies and shows currently in production should be completed. But any new Disney Plus shows being planned should be postponed. Older characters like Rhodey and Banner should be given priority over newer ones. And I think Disney should maybe release only 2 to 3 Marvel films a year. And perhaps just ONE television series a year. Two television series a year is an absolute maximum they should do, but if they do that, I would seriously cut down the length of them as well (I don't care if they don't get to introduce more characters. There are enough ready). And make them available through physical media to let audiences who don't have Disney Plus access to them. And I would immediately start "retiring" characters that have been in the MCU for 10-12 years. THEN the MCU can start introducing new ones slowly and gradually like in the first three Phases.

Folks seem to think that because viewership numbers and box office results are still going strong for Disney/Marvel that is a sign that things are going "great". I TOTALLY disagree. If more and more people dislike the new MCU properties, I think it will absolutely lose its standing as top dogs in Hollywood. It'll remain "popular", but Grey's Anatomy and the Simpsons are also "popular" as well. But how many people are hyped for those shows nowadays? Not to be doom-and-gloom, I just feel the MCU is in a REALLY precarious state right now. It's not too late to fix things.
    There's a lot of sympathy to feel there. There's a time where comics changed for readers too that depending on the person became either more or less appealing.

There are a lot of films and shows to sift through for sure, but the money machine will keep chugging. It'll be like when comics started getting more and more books. We already have had the everything has a tie-in and crossover.

I'm not into cameos for sake of cameos, but am fine with it if it suits the story. It just wasn't that for MoM.

We are definitely in the minority if customer reviews are considered. Because most people still rate the movies and shows pretty high. And despite the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers ratings, only Eternals reached rotten status. I'm not really nervous about the shows, because those have been pretty good so far.

The Banner stuff won't happen because Universal still has his solo rights. The other stuff won't happen because of money. Rhodey I'm not even sure if that would pull a big audience tbh. Unless they put him on a West Coast team or something. They've already retired characters as actors have wanted to leave or contracts were over. But if they were to do more, then Banner and Rhodey would never be the focus anyway. Both have been in the universe for 10+ years.

Like I said, the stories might not be strong, and that is subjective, but when most of the reviews and the money are positive, it'll continue. We are in the Spaceballs 2 phase.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Oh Poo!! I know you're right darnit. I'm hoping when they reboot X-Men they will reboot all MCU and have her start out in 2nd X-Men movie and then transfer to Avengers. OFC with a beautiful Romani actress to play her and looks like her in comics with auburn hair, med light skin and blue (or green w/e she started blue but gets drawn green a lot now) eyes. They are out there and would be nice to keep her comics accurate appearance wise- there's lots to choose from - so I hope they don't start making up their own SW. It's nice when they are depicted like they look in the comics and talented) and others. Lizzie is great and overcame much criticism in the beginning on that but her acting skills and personality turned the page on that for her.
    Actually if it's a well written script and the actress looks like her and is awesome i'll be happy. It's just such a roll of the dice.
    I honestly don't think she will be rebooted that quickl in live-action. That privilege is reserved for the likes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's a lot of sympathy to feel there. There's a time where comics changed for readers too that depending on the person became either more or less appealing.

There are a lot of films and shows to sift through for sure, but the money machine will keep chugging. It'll be like when comics started getting more and more books. We already have had the everything has a tie-in and crossover.

I'm not into cameos for sake of cameos, but am fine with it if it suits the story. It just wasn't that for MoM.

We are definitely in the minority if customer reviews are considered. Because most people still rate the movies and shows pretty high. And despite the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers ratings, only Eternals reached rotten status. I'm not really nervous about the shows, because those have been pretty good so far.

The Banner stuff won't happen because Universal still has his solo rights. The other stuff won't happen because of money. Rhodey I'm not even sure if that would pull a big audience tbh. Unless they put him on a West Coast team or something. They've already retired characters as actors have wanted to leave or contracts were over. But if they were to do more, then Banner and Rhodey would never be the focus anyway. Both have been in the universe for 10+ years.

Like I said, the stories might not be strong, and that is subjective, but when most of the reviews and the money are positive, it'll continue. We are in the Spaceballs 2 phase.
    I'm okay with giving Marvel "D-listers" some time to shine on Disney Plus Marvel shows. I agree audiences wouldn't be too keen to see these characters on the big screen. But I'm not too keen on Agatha, Echo, Ironheart or even Loki getting shows before Rhodey does. I'm okay with that if Cheadle is busy doing other things though. Hopefully Ruffalo's Hulk gets a chance to shine too. I absolutely think he should have a property to star in before we start talking about Strange 3 and Scarlet Witch 1. And Daredevil can wait too. Too bad Universal are acting like such jackasses. I concur with your opinion that cameos CAN work. But I didn't think the Hawkeye stuff was done particularly well.

As somebody posted on social media recently (and I agree with him):

"Speaking broadly, it’s surreal how the MCU went from fairly memorable, rewatchable cinematic events that occurred 2-3 times per year to hours upon hours of content in theaters/on streaming that you may or may not enjoy and definitely won’t remember or feel compelled to revisit."

It's just too much in my opinion. If there were less content, I WOULD absolutely rewatch a lot of things, but I don't want to anymore. I actually appreciate the DCEU delaying their projects specifically to prevent "VFX worker fatigue". I wish Disney/Marvel would do the same.

And I still stand by my opinion about "casual fans". I think Disney/Marvel is losing them. And I do feel Feige and Chapek should be concerned about that. A lot of these folks have ZERO idea of what's going on in the MCU right now and as time goes by, I think they will bail on Marvel if Disney doesn't "simplify" things. I do believe that Marvel Studios wants to make multiple teams, "ex: X-men, FF, Midnight Sons, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers or New Avengers" so they can have multiple "Endgame level events". The problem with that new formula is that it is GREAT to see if you are a COMIC BOOK FAN, but if you're a casual or strictly MCU fan, I think it could be pretty "unenjoyable". I think it's too much for the average viewer and I don't think it's gonna work. As I have said before, even having JUST the Avengers and the Guardians in the first three phases made the movies pretty crowded. So I hope Marvel Studios drops the idea of having multiple teams in the MCU because I think it's gonna fail. I also think Thor 4 is getting divisive reviews partly because of MCU fatigue. I don't know why Disney/Marvel released the MoM and Thor 4 so closely together. I really hope Feige doesn't announce twenty new projects at the SDCC. Don't wanna sound pessimistic (because I haven't seen Thor 4 yet myself), but I do think next weekend's box office numbers won't be great for that movie. I think Marvel could be bracing for a 65% to 70% drop-off in ticket sales and Top Gun: Maverick will continue to "soar" above the Marvel stuff this year. That is something I totally didn't see coming and wouldn't have believed even a few weeks ago. I think these second weekend drops are TERRIBLE for Disney/Marvel, and the people who are tuning out are the "casuals". Which only confirms my belief Disney/Marvel is not doing enough to keep them engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm okay with giving Marvel "D-listers" some time to shine on Disney Plus Marvel shows. I agree audiences wouldn't be too keen to see these characters on the big screen. But I'm not too keen on Agatha, Echo, Ironheart or even Loki getting shows before Rhodey does. I'm okay with that if Cheadle is busy doing other things though. Hopefully Ruffalo's Hulk gets a chance to shine too. I absolutely think he should have a property to star in before we start talking about Strange 3 and Scarlet Witch 1. And Daredevil can wait too. Too bad Universal are acting like such jackasses. I concur with your opinion that cameos CAN work. But I didn't think the Hawkeye stuff was done particularly well.

As somebody posted on social media recently (and I agree with him):

"Speaking broadly, it’s surreal how the MCU went from fairly memorable, rewatchable cinematic events that occurred 2-3 times per year to hours upon hours of content in theaters/on streaming that you may or may not enjoy and definitely won’t remember or feel compelled to revisit."

It's just too much in my opinion. If there were less content, I WOULD absolutely rewatch a lot of things, but I don't want to anymore. I actually appreciate the DCEU delaying their projects specifically to prevent "VFX worker fatigue". I wish Disney/Marvel would do the same.

And I still stand by my opinion about "casual fans". I think Disney/Marvel is losing them. And I do feel Feige and Chapek should be concerned about that. A lot of these folks have ZERO idea of what's going on in the MCU right now and as time goes by, I think they will bail on Marvel if Disney doesn't "simplify" things. I do believe that Marvel Studios wants to make multiple teams, "ex: X-men, FF, Midnight Sons, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers or New Avengers" so they can have multiple "Endgame level events". The problem with that new formula is that it is GREAT to see if you are a COMIC BOOK FAN, but if you're a casual or strictly MCU fan, I think it could be pretty "unenjoyable". I think it's too much for the average viewer and I don't think it's gonna work. As I have said before, even having JUST the Avengers and the Guardians in the first three phases made the movies pretty crowded. So I hope Marvel Studios drops the idea of having multiple teams in the MCU because I think it's gonna fail. I also think Thor 4 is getting divisive reviews partly because of MCU fatigue. I don't know why Disney/Marvel released the MoM and Thor 4 so closely together. I really hope Feige doesn't announce twenty new projects at the SDCC. Don't wanna sound pessimistic (because I haven't seen Thor 4 yet myself), but I do think next weekend's box office numbers won't be great for that movie. I think Marvel could be bracing for a 65% to 70% drop-off in ticket sales and Top Gun: Maverick will continue to "soar" above the Marvel stuff this year. That is something I totally didn't see coming and wouldn't have believed even a few weeks ago. I think these second weekend drops are TERRIBLE for Disney/Marvel, and the people who are tuning out are the "casuals". Which only confirms my belief Disney/Marvel is not doing enough to keep them engaged.
    What about Rhodey would make for an interesting show over the others? Especially Loki who has always been way more popular. Again, Hulk stuff cannot be done because of Universal.

Increase in amount of things to watch will always mean it's more likely to find things you don't like.

I hardly rewatched things before this point so that's my usual. I've seen most MCU stuff once. Twice for some things.

I don't know. I think there are more people that are getting burned out. But overall most people enjoy the universe. And the ones that are burned out or don't like things will have to just seek out something they do like. It's rough being niche, but being a comic fan, it's always been kind of the norm. There are always other things to watch if you don't like the MCU anymore though.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-10-2022 at 10:39 PM.