Page 384 of 456 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Found This to Be Interesting Indeed!

I never imagined this in all my life. I'm so glad it's happening.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Evil Wanda from MoM must have resonated with a lot of people.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Evil Wanda from MoM must have resonated with a lot of people.
    I mean there are many things to like.

1. She is one of the most powerful people in the MCU. Certainly the most powerful on Earth.
    2. Despite the above her running theme is about fitting in and just settling down. Even corrupted that was the case. A person who has the power to do and be whatever she wants but still she only longs for people and a place she can call family. Something that everyone can relate to.That is stark contrast to other powerful heroes like Thor or Captain Marvel who are busy playing space police or powerful people in general who want to do wide sweeping changes for the betterment of themselves or others.
    3. Elizabeth Olsen is smoking hot. It's blunt but it can hardly be denied. Mommy Wanda is a thing and even Lizzie took note of it.
    4. This might be controversial but she is strong female character who is 100% feminine. There is some controversy when the creation of a strong female character includes taking typical masculine traits and crafting them onto them. Wanda doesn't have a need for that and she can be just as scary and threatening without them.
    5. She is the Lady of Black Magic in the MCU and one of the premier ones of Marvel in general and that is a very popular character archetype.
    Last edited by Galerion; 08-17-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I think it's her dealing with tragedy at a point in our history where we have a pandemic going on and a lot of people are also dealing with tragedy. People are very close to the feeling of loss. I don't think it's that she's evil. Many posts I see are from people that don't believe she's evil. Just think she's gone through a lot and was impacted by the book. And didn't kill anyone before the book, so now that she's free from that and maybe with some therapy she can work through things.

Which is why I want her to have more friends, so she has some fun distraction for a bit to distract her brain from mourning. Also, she deserves some happiness for a change.

Also, Strange is second most popular so it likely is magic. Harry Potter was very popular too. People like fantasy.

I also think that her not being a wealthy character is relatable. Most people are not rich and while that type of character can be fun to aspire to, people also like someone that they can see part of themselves in.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-17-2022 at 08:31 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I was just relieved that MoM didn't kill her popularity right after it happened, though until she's announced for a new project or a comic her popularity doesn't matter much.

I do think the fact that the MCU version can be, and has been, both a hero and a villain adds to her popularity a bit.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's her dealing with tragedy at a point in our history where we have a pandemic going on and a lot of people are also dealing with tragedy. People are very close to the feeling of loss. I don't think it's that she's evil. Many posts I see are from people that don't believe she's evil. Just think she's gone through a lot and was impacted by the book. And didn't kill anyone before the book, so now that she's free from that and maybe with some therapy she can work through things.

Which is why I want her to have more friends, so she has some fun distraction for a bit to distract her brain from mourning. Also, she deserves some happiness for a change.

Also, Strange is second most popular so it likely is magic. Harry Potter was very popular too. People like fantasy.

I also think that her not being a wealthy character is relatable. Most people are not rich and while that type of character can be fun to aspire to, people also like someone that they can see part of themselves in.
    I have more to support to say on these later , but here is a good Washington Post video on the subject on how and why Our Wanda has Connected so well with so many, in this especially LGBTQ;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I have more to support to say on these later , but here is a good Washington Post video on the subject on how and why Our Wanda has Connected so well with so many, in this especially LGBTQ;

Idk about other queers, but I always love witches and stories with witchcraft elements. Maybe since witches are historically persecuted and are usually misunderstood women with great powers and fabulous outfits? Haha

Extraordinary Member

November is yet another Wanda-free month of Marvel solicits.

Agatha Harkness apparently is in the Midnight Suns miniseries, so with this and her spinoff, ironically, Agatha Harkness has benefited more from "WandaVision" to this point than either Wanda or Vision.

Wanda did have a decent cameo in this week's Captain Marvel, though the issue wasn't much.

Lord, i do hope they're doing something for later this year but not having all hopes up cause well, we know how it works for Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, there's no logic to her being banned from comics no matter how popular she gets, but there was no logic to her part in Multiverse of Madness either. I remember saying when the plot leaked that I would laugh it off as ridiculous if it were about any other hero except Wanda. Because she's the only hero this could happen to, just like she's the only hero who didn't get any comics exposure to tie in with her MCU star vehicle.

We are fans of a character who is very popular but whose treatment has defied all logic, I guess that's part of what makes her special, but it also makes this thread depressing.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Lord, i do hope they're doing something for later this year but not having all hopes up cause well, we know how it works for Wanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, there's no logic to her being banned from comics no matter how popular she gets, but there was no logic to her part in Multiverse of Madness either. I remember saying when the plot leaked that I would laugh it off as ridiculous if it were about any other hero except Wanda. Because she's the only hero this could happen to, just like she's the only hero who didn't get any comics exposure to tie in with her MCU star vehicle.

We are fans of a character who is very popular but whose treatment has defied all logic, I guess that's part of what makes her special, but it also makes this thread depressing.
    Remember that I talked directly to Marvel Editor in Chief CB Cebulski and they have as he said Plans, what seems as big ones for Our Wanda later this year and I really doubt if they are what he says they are they just have it announced in a monthly Dropping list.

It will likely have its own press release.

As I have asked some of my LCS owners if Cebulski is on the up-n-up and they said he is so I take their and his word for it.

So we just have to wait to see if this promise is kept but so far it sounds pretty solid, we just as always have to wait but like always keep up a stiff upper lip like we always do.

Here is a link to my original post on this as a reminder;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Remember that I talked directly to Marvel Editor in Chief CB Cebulski and they have as he said Plans, what seems as big ones for Our Wanda later this year and I really doubt if they are what he says they are they just have it announced in a monthly Dropping list.

It will likely have its own press release.

As I have asked some of my LCS owners if Cebulski is on the up-n-up and they said he is so I take their and his word for it.

So we just have to wait to see if this promise is kept but so far it sounds pretty solid, we just as always have to wait but like always keep up a stiff upper lip like we always do.

Here is a link to my original post on this as a reminder;

I believe him that there are plans, but I also believe Shadowcat when they heard last year that there were plans for Wanda to be in something.

Plans can change or be delayed. Especially now when Marvel is publishing very few ongoing comics.

So we will hope, but it's Wanda, so we can't let hope get too high!

Extraordinary Member

The only comfort is the thought that the story won't be good anyway I guess.
    Sometimes I just question how many odds she will have to overcome to not just exist, but exist gracefully.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

November is yet another Wanda-free month of Marvel solicits.

Agatha Harkness apparently is in the Midnight Suns miniseries, so with this and her spinoff, ironically, Agatha Harkness has benefited more from "WandaVision" to this point than either Wanda or Vision.
    Agatha was also in the Wiccan & Hulkling MU webcomic that's getting a sequel soon, so she might be back in another comic as well. It's kinda weird to think that Agatha might be in a better spot than Wanda, but I prefer to think of it as a sign that if Agatha is getting something, Wanda couldn't possibly be that far behind. Like, I genuinely think Agatha getting her own show is a good thing for Wanda, because it truly is a testament of how popular the ''Scarlet Witch side'' of Marvel has gotten. It's not something that would've happened 10 years ago. I just don't think they're gonna announce anything specific for Wanda soon because they might still wanna make a mystery out of what happened to her at the end of DSITMOM. Announcing a solo Wanda movie/show (or anything else she's heavily involved with) right now could be a potential spoiler if they're planning on doing some big dramatic reveal about her return in a post-credit scene or something. So the lack of announcements in this particular case doesn't worry me as much.

As for the comics, I definitely get why people are more concerned since we've been burned before way too many times, but I'm choosing to believe Cebulski when he says they have plans for Vision, Agatha and Wanda for later this year. Agatha getting more comics content, in this case, could be a tease for whatever those plans are too. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-18-2022 at 12:02 PM.

the queen of variant covers title still intact at least