Page 398 of 456 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6836
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/15...1FnAfRjP3canKw
    This is not a drill Wanda is getting a new series and it looks like they are keeping her Hellfire Gala look

Edit: Steve Orlando is writing
    This being an ongoing is perhaps the most shocking thing of all. Marvel has been giving minis to pretty much anyone who doesn't have surefire sales numbers, so I was like 90% sure that's what Wanda would get if she got another solo again. That's the good thing about not having expectations; no way to go but up!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The premise gives me xxxHolic vibes
    I thought the same thing. I feel like Orlando can read my mind, because both of his plot points for Darkhold and now this are stuff that I've thought about as stories for Marvel magic users before. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Poison Ivy being DC's highest selling female solo, Scarlet Witch deffo about to be Marvel's highest selling female solo, the fabulously morally ambiguous divas are winning

I gotta be honest and say I'm not sure if she's beating Captain Marvel's current book. Carol has been so steady with her ongoing, reaching the 40s mark of issues, something I'm not sure we're gonna get with Scarlet Witch. Not trying to jinx it, just saying that it's a tough market out there and we shouldn't expect solo ongoings to last very long unless they're Batman or Spider-Man. Getting 15 issues in her last ongoing was already a blessing enough.

I'm happy Wanda is finally getting a new solo, and Steve Orlando seems to genuinely care about her character.

I also don't mind the Hellfire Gala look as her new costume.

Also sounds similar to her old series in terms of solving "Magic Problems" of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    When you Read the Fullness of the whole article it just makes this Book SOOO MUCH more Amazing & a Victory for WANDA FANS Specifically!

Sigh. Just so happy!2b4e300e595ae48bb9686bc2cf7c6cd1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I feel optimistic about this series. Orlando respects continuity and brings back old plot points and weave them together in a cohesive way as I experienced in the Darkhold Alpha and Omega.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Well……..I am Glad I asked Early, Thanks Connecticut Terrificon.

Always Have Faith & Hope in Our Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff.

When you Read the Fullness of the whole article it just makes this Book SOOO MUCH more Amazing & a Victory for WANDA FANS Specifically!

The Scarlet Witch will return in January in a brand-new ongoing solo series!

A groundbreaking new chapter for one of Marvel Comics’ most beloved characters, SCARLET WITCH will be written by Steve Orlando, known for his thrilling current run of MARAUDERS (2022) and last year’s DARKHOLD (2021) saga, and drawn by artist Sara Pichelli, the superstar talent known for her acclaimed work on titles such as ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN (2009). Together these two comic powerhouses will open the door to a new era of adventures, mysteries, and quests that only a hero with Wanda Maximoff’s breathtaking and unmatched mystical abilities are fit for!

Following her redemption in the pages of X-MEN: TRIAL OF MAGNETO (2021), Wanda is reborn as the hero the Marvel Universe needs her to be! Making the most of her fresh start, Wanda uses her powers in a glorious new way and embraces a new calling to help those who need it the most. Experience one the most powerful magic-wielders on the planet at her very best in the series Scarlet Witch fans have been asking for!

There is a door that appears only to those who need it most, who have no one else in the world to turn to. On the other side of this door is a mysterious witchcraft shop. Friend or foe, human or otherwise—if your need is great and your hope is gone, there you will meet the SCARLET WITCH! Wanda Maximoff is familiar with hitting rock bottom—and now that she’s finally found peace, she’s pledged all her power to help others who are languishing at their lowest. But when a woman falls through Wanda’s door with a terrifying story of a town gone mad, the Scarlet Witch will have to muster her wits and chaos magic to deal with an insidious threat!

“Since I first stepped into the House of Ideas, the Scarlet Witch has been with me—in fact, she was the star of my first Marvel work ever, kicking ass, weaving spells, and humbling Doom in DARKHOLD! So, there was no way I could pass up the chance to work on SCARLET WITCH,” Orlando said. “Wanda Maximoff has finally broken free of the shadows she's wrestled with for years. And now? Sara Pichelli, Russell Dauterman, and I are unveiling the next chapter of her powerful, improbable, magical life. When you have nowhere else to turn...you turn to the Scarlet Witch. And God help anyone who gets in her way.”

"You have been waiting Scarlet Witch solo return for so long!” Pichelli added. “Finally that time has come and I'm truly honored my art was chosen to make this happen. Can't wait for you to see the book."

I love everything im seeing here. Orlando has a good grasp on the character and clearly likes her. He respects and utilizes continuity too in his writing. Cover and interior has top tier artists as well. Quite obvious that Marvel has spared no expenses here. This doesn't look hastily thrown together just to have something on the market.

We feast in January
    Last edited by Galerion; 09-14-2022 at 11:18 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Finally! A happy day for Wanda! Can't wait for January

Marvel's Scarlet Witch Series Debuts Wanda Maximoff's New Costume
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...f-new-costume/

Scarlet Witch returns for a self-titled ongoing series
    https://www.gamesradar.com/scarlet-w...ngoing-series/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-14-2022 at 11:41 AM.

This is so exciting! It's what she deserves. Happy to see someone that cares so much for Wanda, in Steve Orlando, ushering her into the next chapter of her story.

Orlando will be at NYCC too, so looking forward to any tidbits we might get on the series!

Woke up at the good news today! Wasn't expecting it at all. Orlando was great writing her in Darkhold, we have Dauterman on the covers, her new/Gala costume (with the tiara being inspired by the WandaVision one I think)... I'm not sure I've read any stuff with Pichelli but I recognize her name and some of the covers and stuff she's done, and she has a very nice and clean style. I'm glad Marvel isn't giving the book to some D-List artist starting now, or someone with a controversial stylized style.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I love everything im seeing here. Orlando has a good grasp on the character and clearly likes her. He respects and utilizes continuity too in his writing. Cover and interior has top tier artists as well. Quite obvious that Marvel has spared no expenses here. This doesn't look hastily thrown together just to have something on the market.

We feast in January
    Yes - Yum!!! So hope she is given beautifully done character growth and story arc and with Steve Orlando that a definite probability.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also hopefully the ongoing will be well, an ongoing story, not collection of onshots with a vague main story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah, Orlando being in it and he knows about the Chthonic stuff, something that her last solo lacked but also the different artists for every issue.
    Indeed MaximoffTrash & Cruelrain, the Good Thing is while I liked Robinson's Run & the Various Magical Stories as well at the various Artists it had, that was a book for its time that also sadly was still saddling with Wanda’s Grief over the events of M-Day, her revelations on her family, her new status, grief, as well as her relationships with her family.

This book does not sound like at all it will be holding back, all that is resolved Finally & the Handcuffs holding our Wanda back are now gone for good.

Adding in Steve Orlando who gets how to write Wanda better then anyone else we have seen in a longtime, Then the Most Important on top of him is Wanda’s Status.

When 2015 solo happen Wanda was not nearly as major & popular as a character as she is now, back then it was big news but only to hardcore fans, NOW this 2023 solo is Rocking the Internet, Wands News is now an event moment!

So, I think Steve Orlando & Marvel with how they wrote the OP on the Books Release are starting to show they are getting Wanda & the Importance she carries now, they are starting to not hold back & it seems we might finally get that in this book!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

We feast in January
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Yes - Yum!!! So hope she is given beautifully done character growth and story arc and with Steve Orlando that a definite probability.
    Indeed, Well Said Galerion & Cubbyboo, & That is the most Important part to Take aways form this what was said in the Article the accompanied the release today, Its Weight!

It seems the Marvel after all this time finally reading it gets it or at least the very least is starting to get it, get what they have in Our Wanda.

The world has change, Wanda has Change, the publics hunger for her has change, Wanda is one of their rising & biggest players now, No Lest then A-Tier at this point but still rising!

What this means is that that despite the horrid long wait, Marvel was putting allot of work behind this & we can tell as you both said so well & it is that that should make us Feel So Good & Want to Feast so Well!

The work & care they took to put this together, it shows with Wanda when she makes a move, she is a character of Importance & The World notices it now!

Orlando Gets this, he respects & seems to love Wanda & Her History, he is the Best in the World at Writing Wanda right now, we could not have hoped for or asked for better Indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Woke up at the good news today! Wasn't expecting it at all. Orlando was great writing her in Darkhold, we have Dauterman on the covers, her new/Gala costume (with the tiara being inspired by the WandaVision one I think)... I'm not sure I've read any stuff with Pichelli but I recognize her name and some of the covers and stuff she's done, and she has a very nice and clean style. I'm glad Marvel isn't giving the book to some D-List artist starting now, or someone with a controversial stylized style.
    What an Event to Wake-Up too Wiccan, I found out from Twitter while at work, I am happy you started off your day like that, a Change in the World of Wanda at the start of a New Day!

Indeed, Marvel shows it is taking Wanda Serious more now, the best they have to writer her on the book, they are taking note it seems they realize who they have in their roster with Wanda Now, About time Indeed.

Our World has change today September 14, 2022!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This being an ongoing is perhaps the most shocking thing of all. Marvel has been giving minis to pretty much anyone who doesn't have surefire sales numbers, so I was like 90% sure that's what Wanda would get if she got another solo again. That's the good thing about not having expectations; no way to go but up!

I thought the same thing. I feel like Orlando can read my mind, because both of his plot points for Darkhold and now this are stuff that I've thought about as stories for Marvel magic users before. lol

I gotta be honest and say I'm not sure if she's beating Captain Marvel's current book. Carol has been so steady with her ongoing, reaching the 40s mark of issues, something I'm not sure we're gonna get with Scarlet Witch. Not trying to jinx it, just saying that it's a tough market out there and we shouldn't expect solo ongoings to last very long unless they're Batman or Spider-Man. Getting 15 issues in her last ongoing was already a blessing enough.
    Like I said similar in My other Posts Drops Of Venus, I think the reason why it is an Ongoing & Not a mini is a Hopeful sign that Marvel Now starts to GET IT with Our Wanda.

They are getting she is not some B-Tier Lister that they don’t have to pay attention to, the world has change & she is now one of if not their Hottest Requested Character Right now. Any book Solo or Team be good, but they needed to make a News Impact that would get the world to notice they are serious about our Wanda & going forward with her, hence it being an ongoing which is only proper for her.

As for Sales, I don’t want to over sell either, but Just Look at the Online Response to this book on Twitter Alone & all the news coverage in Articles it goes, it Shocked the World, No one was expecting it & all that where fans of Wanda mostly Celebrated this day like the best of Days!

This book I feel if we help promote it right might do gangbusters on #1, Wanda is so wanted by the public you should have seen twitter today!

This will be a good time to see just how much weight Wanda’s New Popularity carries in a series, I feel it will be impressive, lets see through.

Agatha will be showing up in the Midnight Suns book, she has a new look and it was expected with the Agatha solo show debuting next year i think.

Do y'all think that we're going to see some Wanda and Agatha interactions in Wanda's solo ongoing?