Page 412 of 456 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know about that. The MCU seems to be getting worse. And they keep pulling inexperienced writers in to write their shows and movies. I think they've now spread themselves out thin.
    Been noticing that too, the series been getting worse after the first three IMO (WV, Falcon show and Loki) especially in the CGI.

Also giving series to all those characters, which is true that you can decide to not watch but there's also no big teamup movies coming soon either, they're also making a Thunderbolts movie that it is nothing like the comicbook group where they at least have powers.

Fantastic Four it's the only thing keeping me interested, till we get major confirmed news about Wanda, losing hope in the X-Men arriving anything time soo and they're adding mutants in an awful way with Kamala being their first mutant IMO lol.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-01-2022 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

It absolutely has spread itself too thin and was better when things were more contained. And with each showing only get worse. It's next tragedy will likely be Blade with everything going on there. Live in denial if you choose, don't try to gaslight me about it.
    I’m not in denial. Disney is a publically traded company whose true goal is to make money and people’s jobs are at stake. You seem to only be able to talk about make believe and not about the very important business and political considerations of such a large company.

It didn’t spread itself too thin. It did what any big business would do. Grow.

BANNED

Here is what I think the issue is. You have comic book fans who are nostalgic for the 80, before the cartoons, video games snd especially before Marvel became a huge movie studio. These days the comics mainly exist to develop ideas before they get shown in movies, tv series, or cartoons and it has had an effect on the nature of the stories that are written.

Change happens whether we like it or not and I’m not stuck in the 80s. For those that are, at least you will always have lots of back issues.

I personally love the current MCU and I don’t care who doesn’t like it. Not my problem. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m not in denial.
    Sure, Jan.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Here is what I think the issue is. You have comic book fans who are nostalgic for the 80, before the cartoons, video games snd especially before Marvel became a huge movie studio. These days the comics mainly exist to develop ideas before they get shown in movies, tv series, or cartoons and it has had an effect on the nature of the stories that are written.

Change happens whether we like it or not and I’m not stuck in the 80s. For those that are, at least you will always have lots of back issues.

I personally love the current MCU and I don’t care who doesn’t like it. Not my problem. Lol
    None of it has to do with nostalgia. The stuff just hasn't been good lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Been noticing that too, the series been getting worse after the first three IMO (WV, Falcon show and Loki) especially in the CGI.

Also giving series to all those characters, which is true that you can decide to not watch but there's also no big teamup movies coming soon either, they're also making a Thunderbolts movie that it is nothing like the comicbook group where they at least have powers.

Fantastic Four it's the only thing keeping me interested, till we get major confirmed news about Wanda, losing hope in the X-Men arriving anything time soo and they're adding mutants in an awful way with Kamala being their first mutant IMO lol.
    I think they were ordered to do more from above and probably had planned to do more. But with covid and limited amount of writers and directors, plus other issues, it made things terrible. I'd say pull it in and be a little bit more choosy about projects, but the bean counters probably won't let them.

Have you guys seen this tiktok? Gosh this is how I was hoping Strange vs Wanda battle would go. Just magic tricks we've seen before put together.

https://www.tiktok.com/@carlitoon/vi...26228099417602
    Last edited by tranquil; 10-01-2022 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Sure, Jan.
    I like it. You are aware people have different tastes and opinions. You don’t like it? Not my problem.

BANNED

None of it has to do with nostalgia. The stuff just hasn't been good lately.
    Clearly it side because you mainly like stuff in the past. You’re not the only one.

Clearly it side because you mainly like stuff in the past. You’re not the only one.
    There isn't anything I've posted that has to do with the past. I don't just like things from the past and there are a lot of older comics that are rather bad. I've overall liked the MCU, until recently. Where it's felt messy and unfocused.

I like it. You are aware people have different tastes and opinions. You don’t like it? Not my problem.
    Varying opinions have nothing to do with directors leaving and scripts having to be re-written, production problems and an aimless and overwhelmed MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Have you guys seen this tiktok? Gosh this is how I was hoping Strange vs Wanda battle would go. Just magic tricks we've seen before put together.

https://www.tiktok.com/@carlitoon/vi...26228099417602
    A bit too heavy on the 'zap shield zap', but I liked the ending.

(Frankly, the last mystical combat I watched that was truly creative was probably the transformation battle in The Sword in the Stone)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    A bit too heavy on the 'zap shield zap', but I liked the ending.

(Frankly, the last mystical combat I watched that was truly creative was probably the transformation battle in The Sword in the Stone)
    They could switch Strange's blasts to his conjured creatures and Wanda turning them into another monster, sending them back to Strange. That would be epic. What I love is the use of Hex and the memory manipulation there

Hi there WallStreeter... I know what it feels like when a poster has a strong opinion that differs from your viewpoint, and it feels like the poster is denigrating your viewpoint even though that may not actually be the case. I think some are just insistent on establishing their viewpoints. It happened with me and (I felt) downplayed my reasons for loving what I felt was growth for Wanda. I snapped back finally and regretted it as it lowered me in the process. From personal experience please try not to let it make you write things to alienate the other posters reading it also. There are some great ones here. I say this with understanding and compassion- please believe me- I've been there. I tried to send a message and mend fences with with other poster but to no avail and that's just how it is, I guess. Some are just very opinionated and sometimes it does feel antagonistic when you're on the receiving end and they don't agree with or like your viewpoint- I totally get it. Just let it go and remember it's okay to disagree. I always enjoy reading your posts btw:-) Just remember, we like having you here. ALL of our viewpoints are important as we all love Wanda.

Note: I apologized to the other poster recently and asked to start fresh and make amends, but it seems it is what it is and that's just where it stands. However, I also want to apologize to all posters here for my outburst a bit back. I was very out of sorts. We had just lost our 15-year-old Dobie and it was very tough, and I was not in the right spot emotionally and super sensitive. When Covid first hit my hubby and I were both home for 3 months. I then went back to work, and he continued to work from home. Shortly afterwards Rhett (our Dobie) started limping and it turned out he had bone cancer and a broken leg. The prognosis was grim. My hubby was home all day and nursed him nonstop. We changed the soft cast and cleaned it tirelessly per instructions and gave him his meds. 6 months later after carrying him (88lb) inside and outside when he needed it and caring for him a miracle happened. He had somehow gone into remission and his leg had healed. We and the vet were ecstatic. He had almost 2 more years with us and then suddenly one day went downhill too fast even to get to the vet. He passed in our arms and I'm so grateful we were both there with him. It was hard tho and I was a wreck. I am sorry for losing my temper back then in a heated discussion on here and hope all can eventually forgive my outburst. We all just want the best for our favorite one and only Wanda- The Scarlet Witch.marvel-future-revolution-scarlet-witch-900x506.jpg
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 10-02-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Hi there WallStreeter... I know what it feels like when a poster has a strong opinion that differs from your viewpoint, and it feels like the poster is denigrating your viewpoint even though that may not actually be the case. I think some are just insistent on establishing their viewpoints. It happened with me and (I felt) downplayed my reasons for loving what I felt was growth for Wanda. I snapped back finally and regretted it as it lowered me in the process. From personal experience please try not to let it make you write things to alienate the other posters reading it also. There are some great ones here. I say this with understanding and compassion- please believe me- I've been there. I tried to send a message and mend fences with with other poster but to no avail and that's just how it is, I guess. Some are just very opinionated and sometimes it does feel antagonistic when you're on the receiving end and they don't agree with or like your viewpoint- I totally get it. Just let it go and remember it's okay to disagree. I always enjoy reading your posts btw:-) Just remember, we like having you here. ALL of our viewpoints are important as we all love Wanda.

Note: I apologized to the other poster recently and asked to start fresh and make amends, but it seems it is what it is and that's just where it stands. However, I also want to apologize to all posters here for my outburst a bit back. I was very out of sorts. We had just lost our 15-year-old Dobie and it was very tough, and I was not in the right spot emotionally and super sensitive. When Covid first hit my hubby and I were both home for 3 months. I then went back to work, and he continued to work from home. Shortly afterwards Rhett (our Dobie) started limping and it turned out he had bone cancer and a broken leg. The prognosis was grim. My hubby was home all day and nursed him nonstop. We changed the soft cast and cleaned it tirelessly per instructions and gave him his meds. 6 months later after carrying him (88lb) inside and outside when he needed it and caring for him a miracle happened. He had somehow gone into remission and his leg had healed. We and the vet were ecstatic. He had almost 2 more years with us and then suddenly one day went downhill too fast even to get to the vet. He passed in our arms and I'm so grateful we were both there with him. It was hard tho and I was a wreck. I am sorry for losing my temper back then in a heated discussion on here and hope all can eventually forgive my outburst. We all just want the best for our favorite one and only Wanda- The Scarlet Witch.marvel-future-revolution-scarlet-witch-900x506.jpg
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope things will become better for you soon. As for the heated discussion. Don't worry about it. We are all human in the end. While we stare at pixels and agree or disagree with someone, we still have no idea what's really going on with the person behind the screen. Still a discussion is not a reason to become rude and personal. It takes a certain strength of character though to apologize just like you did and to give a tiny glimpse into your life. For that you have my respect and I mean even more than you already did

I certainly can speak only for myself but the only thing I care about is seeing the queen shine. That she does and it's only going up. I will always champion everything that makes her even bigger and more popular
    "This is me being reasonable"