Page 223 of 456 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 6836
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There is no such thing as irredeemable in superhero narrative. Loki got a ''redeeming'' show that takes place MOMENTS after he decimated NYC and caused the death of countless innocent people. And unlike Wanda, he was never a hero, was not being corrupted by any external force and only wanted power/control/destruction while Wanda only wanted her kids.

Absolutely nothing in the MCU and how it treats its characters leads me to the belief she can't possible come back from this. It's not gonna be pretty, and she's definitely gonna carry the same stigma that she has been carrying in the comics, but it can happen. ''Morality'' in superhero stories are not realistic, nor should they be, otherwise Wanda would've been DONE as a character in the comics after 2005/2006. But if she could come back from that, she can come back from this.
    Thor himself starts his MCU narrative as a colossal entitled asshole who goes to a rival planet to initiate a war because he's pissed his coronation day got delayed. And starts murdering people there because one of them very mildly insulted him. That's practically Joffrey Baratheon territory and now he's a loveable pacifist goofball.

There is no such thing as irredeemable in superhero narrative. Loki got a ''redeeming'' show that takes place MOMENTS after he decimated NYC and caused the death of countless innocent people. And unlike Wanda, he was never a hero, was not being corrupted by any external force and only wanted power/control/destruction while Wanda only wanted her kids.

Absolutely nothing in the MCU and how it treats its characters leads me to the belief she can't possible come back from this. It's not gonna be pretty, and she's definitely gonna carry the same stigma that she has been carrying in the comics, but it can happen. ''Morality'' in superhero stories are not realistic, nor should they be, otherwise Wanda would've been DONE as a character in the comics after 2005/2006. But if she could come back from that, she can come back from this.
    Just look at Hawkeye. Clint gets to play Punisher and the person with a legit grievance against him ends up dropping it, his protege doesn't think it's that big a deal, and he gets to go home and spend Christmas with hsi family.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Thor himself starts his MCU narrative as a colossal entitled asshole who goes to a rival planet to initiate a war because he's pissed his coronation day got delayed. And starts murdering people there because one of them very mildly insulted him. That's practically Joffrey Baratheon territory and now he's a loveable pacifist goofball.
    I feel these points bounching off of Drops Of Venus are some of the most important points to Make.

While Indeed the passion that my fellow posters like GenericUsername, Gurkle & MaximoffTrash have said right how bad and disrespectful MoM story has been to Wanda both on a Historic usage of her in the comis and Storywise by how it does not flow well with WandaVision is well noted and well respect from my friends here for point those points out justifiable.

Even it being a bad and disrespectful story that does not flow well, Drops of Venus as well as other Posters have pointed out the grounded fact in the Movie of the Darkhold is what made both Wanda and in other universes Stranges do the bad things they did. The clear dividing line between someone doing bad and honestly being bad is by clear consensus chose and true self desired will and it is Pretty Clear by all I have read around the last few days Wanda had non of that in MoM and was not made aware the Darkhold could do that to her either.

With That while not undercuting ever it is a not a good story, by Logic the ideal that Wanda Cannot comeback from this is clearly not not true. Most people seeing this will see the Evil of the Darkhold being who to fear and by Logic is where the it should be focused on. From their Wanda's character can be vaulted into a new project now that the MCU has exuasted their negative posssesion story quips for her character and can branch from their. I honest by what I keep reading this has not really so far slown down her character either in Fan Reactions and not as much in she is baddy-bad either, that alone shows IMO so far, their is much more strengh for Wanda to rise-up into a new project to push her character in the MCU forward.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

In honor of the Scarlet Witch, the MCU’s best character
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...BingNewsSearch

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would rather not really, I just hope for a quick and self-contained stories before they got even more shitty ideas.
    Wanda is already lucky to survive this long, good and thoughtful writing for her is the exception, not the rule.
    For real. I'd like for her to sort out her own stuff. I still don't think the X-Men are even close. I think it'll go F4, then X-Men.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-09-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Strange didn’t even get to use the book of the Vishanti!

That it was so easily destroyed was disappointing. For all they good it did they could have left it out if this movie, since they had no time to develop it.
    I'm hoping they do better with Faltine lore. It'd just probably take someone else writing it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm hoping they do better with Faltine lore. It'd just probably take someone else writing it.
    The MCU in general has gotten sloppier with lore in this phase.

The MCU in general has gotten sloppier with lore in this phase.
    It really has. It's lost it's world building. Which is a shame for Stephen's lore.

Amazing Member

I'm sure this was mentioned before but

spoilers:
    It's just so frustrating that for the 2 female "Original" Avengers they both have a character arc around the fact they can't have kids and they both suffer 'worse' ends than their male counterparts. Like Wanda was probably their most well-received female character after Wandavision and then they go on to do this. Also of all the storylines to adapt twice, I can't believe they chose House of M.

end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

To be fair though, no one has as little narrative protection as Wanda though. No former hero/redeemed villain are shown doing gruesome killing like Wanda. Most of them are toned down, hidden offscreen or drowned out by the tone.

People still make the claim WandaVision Wanda is worse than the likes of Druig, I can partially understand that because they paid a lot of attention to show the residents in pain.(Instead of just pacified in Druig's case.) People scream "consequences" at Wanda while Hawkeye show literally ended with "burning away the evidence."

I do agree with your statement, but Wanda is just a tough case because she like I said gets no favorable framing in MoM.(Even back in WV, she lacks narrative protection for the most part.) Also people just generally have a hate boner for her for some reason.

Incredible Member

To be fair though, no one has as little narrative protection as Wanda though. No former hero/redeemed villain are shown doing gruesome killing like Wanda. Most of them are toned down, hidden offscreen or drowned out by the tone.

People still make the claim WandaVision Wanda is worse than the likes of Druig, I can partially understand that because they paid a lot of attention to show the residents in pain.(Instead of just pacified in Druig's case.) People scream "consequences" at Wanda while Hawkeye show literally ended with "burning away the evidence."

I do agree with your statement, but Wanda is just a tough case because she like I said gets no favorable framing in MoM.(Even back in WV, she lacks narrative protection for the most part.) Also people just generally have a hate boner for her for some reason.
    That's true. With Wanda, the visual and narrative presentation is much harsher. I do hope she can get a good story still, I think we haven't seen the last of her in the MCU and I think Olsen has now enough pull (and the interest) to get a better story for her if she continues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Just a thought, but they should make Mhuruuks the masters of Dark Magic, and they will be the good guy faction in Dr.Strange 3.

Dormammu will be framed as the tyrannical Lord of Light(Faltines are literally beings of heat and energy) who misused the arts of dark magic for his own villainous goals.(Of course he will stilk have Faltine magic, but he will also have the magic of the Mhuruuk people)

I just hate the handling of Dark Magic/Power in DS2:MoM so much, it's so reductive.

Just a thought, but they should make Mhuruuks the masters of Dark Magic, and they will be the good guy faction in Dr.Strange 3.

Dormammu will be framed as the tyrannical Lord of Light(Faltines are literally beings of heat and energy) who misused the arts of dark magic for his own villainous goals.(Of course he will stilk have Faltine magic, but he will also have the magic of the Mhuruuk people)

I just hate the handling of Dark Magic/Power in DS2:MoM so much, it's so reductive.
    It could have been amazing if they tried. I hope for a different writer for Strange 3. Benedict was even openly not impressed with his character's lack of development this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    I'm sure this was mentioned before but

spoilers:
    It's just so frustrating that for the 2 female "Original" Avengers they both have a character arc around the fact they can't have kids and they both suffer 'worse' ends than their male counterparts. Like Wanda was probably their most well-received female character after Wandavision and then they go on to do this. Also of all the storylines to adapt twice, I can't believe they chose House of M.

end of spoilers
    They have a persistent obsession with AD and HoM. I hope they've gotten it out of their system.

Extraordinary Member

As for Wanda, it's a tough one but I kinda don't see Wanda returning to the more mainline Avengers stuff.
    So I think her journey will be about her living under some secret identity and try to help people with similar condition as her.(Show her as resistent to dark influence this time please.)

And let her be a patron of the cursed and shunned.(Especially people with no magic knowledge but got afflicted with Chthonic/Elderitch/Elder Gods curse.) This path lead her to the likes of Modred and Victoria.
    Modred serves as the wildcard ally, Agatha the more standard ally, Vickie as the "normie". And we have some kind of Darkhold redeemers lineup.

Her journey's end will be something similar to Darkhold Omega but since it is meant as a cinematic end, she should take Chthon's throne after his defeat, and become a more benevolent goddess of Chaos and Darkness. Bringing some final salvation to those who are under Chthon's influence. But she will still be somewhat amoral/neutral after the takeover and won't stop people from fucking themselves over with Chthonic knowledge if they feel like it. So the world of mystical Marvel will still hold.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2022 at 11:11 AM.