Page 251 of 456 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6836

So I watched the movie today, opinions I've seen about it are either "really good" or "really bad", and now I think y'all are liars 'cause the movie is more on the boring side.

I didn't watch WandaVision, I only know of the plot holes the movie has with it from what I was told, but even without keeping it in mind, I don't think Wanda is interesting here, Olsen is a great actress and she does a really good job showing how unhinged and fucked in the head Wanda is, but the character itself is basically just a sentient, talking womb with an evil book, and it's weird how she only foccuses on finding counterparts for her kids, but not Pietro or Vision.

My theory is that the Wanda in the movie is not Wanda, but it's actually her womb that became sentient and humanoid somehow .

Wanda isn't the ony boring character, Strange is pretty whatever for the whole movie, and Chavez, uh, exists.

I'm not expecting super deep characterizations or whatever, but they all felt so one dimensional, basic, whatever.

Illuminati are comic accurate, by being some of the dumbest motherfuckers I've seen, with maybe Xavier being one of the smartest ones, since he tried to fight the seemingly invincible Wanda by going to her mind and trying to rescue the other Wanda, even then, he's still a dumbass because he could've done just that when she was fighting both Captains, and even if that could be considered too pragmatic, when he was on Wanda's mind, when he sensed the main Wanda approach, all he did was wait for her to kill him, didn't even try to fight her back.

Obviously the dumbest one is Reed, telling Wanda what Black Bolt does is questionable even if he doesn't know that Wanda could counter him, which fine, even a genius can make a silly mistake, but then he thinks it's a great idea to try to attack Wanda by himself, the same Wanda who was beating up a bunch of Ultrons and just killed Black Bolt lol.

To make Reed even worse, the acting from Krasinki felt, whatever, in every scene he looked like he was about to cry too.

Mordo is also a dumbass since he decided to kill main Strange, he decided to use a sword instead of a Sorcerer Supreme's seemingly infinite amount of spells, like ****, I've seen people complaining about how Spidey defeated Strange in Spidey Home 3, but this is even dumber lol.

The Captains were alright, I do find it questionable that Wanda seemed to find a way to turn off Captain Marvel's powers though, not sure she should be able to mess with an alternate power source without explanation, and this movie does at least say that there are different kinds of magic, and Maria's power is not magic, if magic has poorly defined limits, then Wanda's excuse of "What if muh kids get sick?" sounds even more questionable than it already is lol.

It's also weird that the movie makes it a point about how corrupting and dangerous Darkhold is, Wanda and two alternate Stranges become evil because of it, and then, main Strange gets it, and he's fine, which the very last scene makes it look like he was gonna get fucked by it afterwards, but then the post credits scene has him seemingly being fine.

Wanda all of a sudden knowing a spell to destroy all Darkholds is a colossal asspull by the way lol.

Wong is a waste of slot and I don't even know why he's in the movie, or why he's Sorcerer Supreme.

Strange's "You could control your power all along" speech to Chaves was also dumb, but I guess she needed some development at the end so she's not just a MacGuffin.

I did like the beginning, the music notes fight, and Strange having an actually smart plan by using his counterpart's corpse, and those spirits pissed off with with Strange for using a corpse were cool too, and again, Olsen's acting is great even if the character is bland, I hope her hands are fine after this, they must've been hurt after carrying the whole movie .

So yeah, I would normally say the movie is more on the boring side, but, it has the least amount of MCU's trademarked, groan inducing shitty quips, so that makes it the best one by default. 10/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I watched the movie today, opinions I've seen about it are either "really good" or "really bad", and now I think y'all are liars 'cause the movie is more on the boring side.

I didn't watch WandaVision, I only know of the plot holes the movie has with it from what I was told, but even without keeping it in mind, I don't think Wanda is interesting here, Olsen is a great actress and she does a really good job showing how unhinged and fucked in the head Wanda is, but the character itself is basically just a sentient, talking womb with an evil book, and it's weird how she only foccuses on finding counterparts for her kids, but not Pietro or Vision.

My theory is that the Wanda in the movie is not Wanda, but it's actually her womb that became sentient and humanoid somehow .

Wanda isn't the ony boring character, Strange is pretty whatever for the whole movie, and Chavez, uh, exists.

I'm not expecting super deep characterizations or whatever, but they all felt so one dimensional, basic, whatever.

Illuminati are comic accurate, by being some of the dumbest motherfuckers I've seen, with maybe Xavier being one of the smartest ones, since he tried to fight the seemingly invincible Wanda by going to her mind and trying to rescue the other Wanda, even then, he's still a dumbass because he could've done just that when she was fighting both Captains, and even if that could be considered too pragmatic, when he was on Wanda's mind, when he sensed the main Wanda approach, all he did was wait for her to kill him, didn't even try to fight her back.

Obviously the dumbest one is Reed, telling Wanda what Black Bolt does is questionable even if he doesn't know that Wanda could counter him, which fine, even a genius can make a silly mistake, but then he thinks it's a great idea to try to attack Wanda by himself, the same Wanda who was beating up a bunch of Ultrons and just killed Black Bolt lol.

To make Reed even worse, the acting from Krasinki felt, whatever, in every scene he looked like he was about to cry too.

Mordo is also a dumbass since he decided to kill main Strange, he decided to use a sword instead of a Sorcerer Supreme's seemingly infinite amount of spells, like ****, I've seen people complaining about how Spidey defeated Strange in Spidey Home 3, but this is even dumber lol.

The Captains were alright, I do find it questionable that Wanda seemed to find a way to turn off Captain Marvel's powers though, not sure she should be able to mess with an alternate power source without explanation, and this movie does at least say that there are different kinds of magic, and Maria's power is not magic, if magic has poorly defined limits, then Wanda's excuse of "What if muh kids get sick?" sounds even more questionable than it already is lol.

It's also weird that the movie makes it a point about how corrupting and dangerous Darkhold is, Wanda and two alternate Stranges become evil because of it, and then, main Strange gets it, and he's fine, which the very last scene makes it look like he was gonna get fucked by it afterwards, but then the post credits scene has him seemingly being fine.

Wanda all of a sudden knowing a spell to destroy all Darkholds is a colossal asspull by the way lol.

Wong is a waste of slot and I don't even know why he's in the movie, or why he's Sorcerer Supreme.

Strange's "You could control your power all along" speech to Chaves was also dumb, but I guess she needed some development at the end so she's not just a MacGuffin.

I did like the beginning, the music notes fight, and Strange having an actually smart plan by using his counterpart's corpse, and those spirits pissed off with with Strange for using a corpse were cool too, and again, Olsen's acting is great even if the character is bland, I hope her hands are fine after this, they must've been hurt after carrying the whole movie .

So yeah, I would normally say the movie is more on the boring side, but, it has the least amount of MCU's trademarked, groan inducing shitty quips, so that makes it the best one by default. 10/10.
    I don't think anyone has lied about the movie here? It's just a very divisive film so far in reaction. I think people appreciate the acting but not really the script.

I have some of your same conclusions about the film. But I don't begrudge anyone that actually enjoyed it. I don't think many here did though. I just don't think it's good because it doesn't have quip city.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

My understanding is Wong is Sorcerer Supreme because he's the most experienced Sorcerer left after the Ancient One's death and Strange got skipped over because he was blipped.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I give Allot of credit for anyone that went to go see it, what you take away is yours and I hope who saw it got something out of it.

But for me personally, Honestly after everything I have heard, What was my most desired movie to see for 2 years now is my least. I have No Desire to spend my money or time in a theater on it. That might change, but I doubt it.

When it comes out on Streaming it still might be something I don’t desire, time will be the only true tell, but if a fellow fan found enjoyment I am happy for you, just not my bag right now. =\
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Apart from everything else that didn't make sense about the script, the effect the Darkhold has on Wanda is really unclear. Sometimes they act like it's her own choice, sometimes they act like "Wanda" and "The Scarlet Witch" are different people... and then of course she suddenly snaps out of it when the kids are afraid of her, which makes no sense even in this script, because why would that stop her? She's been so crazy and evil she would just rationalize it that the kids will stop being afraid once they realize she's right. Olsen and Raimi, probably deliberately, played it like Wanda was a different person for most of the movie and turned back into her old self at the last minute, but why? No one knows or cares.

It's such a mess and while "House of Harkness" may try to make sense of the Darkhold (even if Wanda doesn't appear in it), it's a waste of a movie and unsatisfying to everyone: even people who hate Wanda can't enjoy seeing her get her comeuppance because her behavior makes no sense.

I think the only way to enjoy this movie is to forget about character (Strange, or Wanda, or anyone) and just enjoy it as cheesy fun. I know people who enjoyed it but very few who think the story makes sense.
    Yeah, like we don't see her POV and struggle at all.
    Why wouldn't she just continue to be her irrational and Darkhold influenced self after the kids are getting afraid of her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Shouldn't her being fused with Darkhold count as resistance? I mean it didn't drive her crazy or she just needs to read it to that to happen
    I would say that proves they are compatible at least.
    Modred once served as the vessel for Darkhold writings in Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers.

So I think you need to be of the similar nature(like the type of magic you practice.)to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I always thought the Scarlet Witch is Wanda and it's not two separate things. It's different from Jean Grey and Phoenix. I think the MCU's SW can be good, but Agatha only saw it as evil. Though Agatha in the MCU was evil too, so it doesn't quite make sense why she would want the Scarlet Witch's powers if it was an awful thing. I thought it had more to do with her power level.

Some Hellfire Gala fanart:
    I thought the whole point of that prophecy narrative is claiming that title as her own lol. Silly me to think they can write a compelling narrative with actual twists and turns, nope, that prophecy is literally true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch Fulfills Hulk's Original MCU Arc in Doctor Strange 2
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2...itch-hulk-mcu/
    Honestly I think Hulk would probably garner more sympathy with a similar arc lol.(World War Hulk story)
    It's not like people condemn him for murdering Sakaar gladiators.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it's an interesting point, especially since people have pointed out that Wanda at the end of "WandaVision" is very similar to the way MCU Bruce Banner was isolating.

But we all know they would never have seriously considered making the Hulk the villain, which is why it's only a theory from a director who was never invited back. They'd never do it to a male character, and even to most female characters who aren't named Wanda Maximoff. She's... unique.
    Sharon Carter is pretty close I guess, turned a villain offscreen though she is not outright murderous.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda can do all those things and she is worried about her kids catching a flu or something lol.
    I don't know Wanda, I am pretty sure your power set can straight up remove tumors and ****.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-15-2022 at 09:16 PM.

It's hilarious because I've been playing Marvel Future Revolution and it's story on magic is far less than the run time of Strange 2 but already has more development for magic in it, haha.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Apart from everything else that didn't make sense about the script, the effect the Darkhold has on Wanda is really unclear. Sometimes they act like it's her own choice, sometimes they act like "Wanda" and "The Scarlet Witch" are different people... and then of course she suddenly snaps out of it when the kids are afraid of her, which makes no sense even in this script, because why would that stop her? She's been so crazy and evil she would just rationalize it that the kids will stop being afraid once they realize she's right. Olsen and Raimi, probably deliberately, played it like Wanda was a different person for most of the movie and turned back into her old self at the last minute, but why? No one knows or cares.

It's such a mess and while "House of Harkness" may try to make sense of the Darkhold (even if Wanda doesn't appear in it), it's a waste of a movie and unsatisfying to everyone: even people who hate Wanda can't enjoy seeing her get her comeuppance because her behavior makes no sense.

I think the only way to enjoy this movie is to forget about character (Strange, or Wanda, or anyone) and just enjoy it as cheesy fun. I know people who enjoyed it but very few who think the story makes sense.
    Illuminati Strange used the Darkhold to do extreme actions that destroyed an universe, and after killing Thanos, he looked regretful and he let Black Bolt kill him, whatever the Darkhold does to control people, it doesn't seem to be absolute and it can be fought back, but yeah, how much it actually controls someone is vague, specially considering how unaffected main Strange is, you can maybe say it's because he got over most of his problems, but eh...

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think anyone has lied about the movie here? It's just a very divisive film so far in reaction. I think people appreciate the acting but not really the script.

I have some of your same conclusions about the film. But I don't begrudge anyone that actually enjoyed it. I don't think many here did though. I just don't think it's good because it doesn't have quip city.
    You made a serious reply to two points that were jokes, maybe I should've been clearer about 'em being jokes, but I thought the 10/10 would've been enough to make the sarcasm noticeable in the last paragraph lol.

Oh well, getting intention through text can be hard, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My understanding is Wong is Sorcerer Supreme because he's the most experienced Sorcerer left after the Ancient One's death and Strange got skipped over because he was blipped.
    Is it given a reason why Strange isn't Sorcerer Supreme though? Just weird he ain't one after the first movie made clear how much potential he had, maybe it's because he needs to train for a few more years despite his talents?

Wong's still useless as a Sorcerer Supreme regardless lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I give Allot of credit for anyone that went to go see it, what you take away is yours and I hope who saw it got something out of it.

But for me personally, Honestly after everything I have heard, What was my most desired movie to see for 2 years now is my least. I have No Desire to spend my money or time in a theater on it. That might change, but I doubt it.

When it comes out on Streaming it still might be something I don’t desire, time will be the only true tell, but if a fellow fan found enjoyment I am happy for you, just not my bag right now. =\
    If you're going to watch it for Wanda, I'd advice on trying to appreciate Olsen's acting but not the character's motivations, because the script has her entire characterization being about her kids, she's evil because her kids aren't real and now she wants the real deal, she wants to travel the multiverse to get different versions of her kids, she wants to steal Chavez's power just in case her kids get sick by something uncurable in her universe but might have a cure somewhere else, and she decides to redeem herself 'cause she scared off her counterparts's kids (Though you can make a point that her counterpart seemingly forgiving her helped too).

If I didn't know Wanda's character, I would think this is a forgettable character backed by a great actress, knowing her character makes the way she's written look a bit annoying, and being a fan of her, well, she quite clearly is more powerful than anyone besides maybe Illuminati world's Captain Marvel (She had to win by finding a way to depower her, and before that they seemed to be around the same level), and maybe Black Bolt too given that she had to seal his mouth and for him to kill himself in a dumb way for him to get out of the way quickly (And I wonder why him making a sound didn't just rip a hole where his mouth should be instead), so if you care about feats, she can magic punch harder than most to the point a face to face fight is generally not an option, if you care about character, I hope you like sentient wombs.

Or I dunno, maybe you can find something else to enjoy about her character than I did, but just be warned that basically all of her actions, good and bad, are motivated by her kids, I didn't really care about that 'cause I feel it made her one dimensional, but maybe I missed something else to appreciate, besides Olsen's acting that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, like we don't see her POV and struggle at all.
    Why wouldn't she just continue to be her irrational and Darkhold influenced self after the kids are getting afraid of her.
    Wanda is in a weird spot where she cares more about the idea of her kids, so she wants to steal 'em for herself, but it's made clear she also cares about their happiness, even if it means their happiness would only happen if she has to lie about them.

It's, weird, the movie shows he has telepathy, so shouldn't she consider to brainwash them? Or is it not strong enough? Does she specifically care about that counterpart version of her kids? 'Cause if not she could always try to find another set.

It also doesn't help that, the movie makes no hints that there's good within her besides her love for her kids, and while that is the reason she decides to stop being evil, after she's a sadistic bitch killing people in rather brutal ways, that doesn't work, specially after Reed makes it clear he has kids, and Wanda kills him anyways, so she had no empathy, until "muh kids" rejected her, even then you can say she decided to redeem herself only because "muh kids" were disappointed in her and not because she realized she fucked up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda can do all those things and she is worried about her kids catching a flue or something lol.
    I don't know Wanda, I am pretty sure your power set can straight up remove tumors and ****.
    They could say that Darkhold's power is destructive in nature or somethin', meaning it can't heal, that could be a decent enough excuse I guess (That would likely contradict WandaVision, but from what I hear the movie already doesn't care about it, so eh), but they say nothing, that line about her wanting to travel to other universes just in case something happens with 'em can feel like they awkwardly came up with it once the movie was almost done and someone asked "Hey why doesn't she just use Chavez once and never again?" Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's hilarious because I've been playing Marvel Future Revolution and it's story on magic is far less than the run time of Strange 2 but already has more development for magic in it, haha.
    Honestly not much of a feat, what the movie says about magic is basically "Good magic good, evil magic bad, MacGuffin Good Magic Book has good magic and that's good, MacGuffin Evil Magic Book has evil magic and that's bad", and then you ignore the last point when main Strange uses MacGuffin Evil Magic Book lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

And many people think this is what the premise of a Dark Phoenix Saga adaptation should be. I enjoyed the movie but come on.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-15-2022 at 09:22 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

If you're going to watch it for Wanda, I'd advice on trying to appreciate Olsen's acting but not the character's motivations, because the script has her entire characterization being about her kids, she's evil because her kids aren't real and now she wants the real deal, she wants to travel the multiverse to get different versions of her kids, she wants to steal Chavez's power just in case her kids get sick by something uncurable in her universe but might have a cure somewhere else, and she decides to redeem herself 'cause she scared off her counterparts's kids (Though you can make a point that her counterpart seemingly forgiving her helped too).

If I didn't know Wanda's character, I would think this is a forgettable character backed by a great actress, knowing her character makes the way she's written look a bit annoying, and being a fan of her, well, she quite clearly is more powerful than anyone besides maybe Illuminati world's Captain Marvel (She had to win by finding a way to depower her, and before that they seemed to be around the same level), and maybe Black Bolt too given that she had to seal his mouth and for him to kill himself in a dumb way for him to get out of the way quickly (And I wonder why him making a sound didn't just rip a hole where his mouth should be instead), so if you care about feats, she can magic punch harder than most to the point a face to face fight is generally not an option, if you care about character, I hope you like sentient wombs.

Or I dunno, maybe you can find something else to enjoy about her character than I did, but just be warned that basically all of her actions, good and bad, are motivated by her kids, I didn't really care about that 'cause I feel it made her one dimensional, but maybe I missed something else to appreciate, besides Olsen's acting that is.
    Thanks but if Anyone of My Friends here can testify too is My Fandom, Support and Love for Wanda’s character for over a Decade now.

So Yea this movie going in was for me All about Wanda and by what I hear I can’t desire to see it anymore and hope for both truer and better stories going forward now that they hotly blowback from this showing.

AKA, Wanda is My Favorite.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Illuminati Strange used the Darkhold to do extreme actions that destroyed an universe, and after killing Thanos, he looked regretful and he let Black Bolt kill him, whatever the Darkhold does to control people, it doesn't seem to be absolute and it can be fought back, but yeah, how much it actually controls someone is vague, specially considering how unaffected main Strange is, you can maybe say it's because he got over most of his problems, but eh...

You made a serious reply to two points that were jokes, maybe I should've been clearer about 'em being jokes, but I thought the 10/10 would've been enough to make the sarcasm noticeable in the last paragraph lol.

Oh well, getting intention through text can be hard, sorry about that.

Is it given a reason why Strange isn't Sorcerer Supreme though? Just weird he ain't one after the first movie made clear how much potential he had, maybe it's because he needs to train for a few more years despite his talents?

Wong's still useless as a Sorcerer Supreme regardless lol.

Wanda is in a weird spot where she cares more about the idea of her kids, so she wants to steal 'em for herself, but it's made clear she also cares about their happiness, even if it means their happiness would only happen if she has to lie about them.

It's, weird, the movie shows he has telepathy, so shouldn't she consider to brainwash them? Or is it not strong enough? Does she specifically care about that counterpart version of her kids? 'Cause if not she could always try to find another set.

It also doesn't help that, the movie makes no hints that there's good within her besides her love for her kids, and while that is the reason she decides to stop being evil, after she's a sadistic bitch killing people in rather brutal ways, that doesn't work, specially after Reed makes it clear he has kids, and Wanda kills him anyways, so she had no empathy, until "muh kids" rejected her, even then you can say she decided to redeem herself only because "muh kids" were disappointed in her and not because she realized she fucked up lol.

They could say that Darkhold's power is destructive in nature or somethin', meaning it can't heal, that could be a decent enough excuse I guess (That would likely contradict WandaVision, but from what I hear the movie already doesn't care about it, so eh), but they say nothing, that line about her wanting to travel to other universes just in case something happens with 'em can feel like they awkwardly came up with it once the movie was almost done and someone asked "Hey why doesn't she just use Chavez once and never again?" Lol.

Honestly not much of a feat, what the movie says about magic is basically "Good magic good, evil magic bad, MacGuffin Good Magic Book has good magic and that's good, MacGuffin Evil Magic Book has evil magic and that's bad", and then you ignore the last point when main Strange uses MacGuffin Evil Magic Book lol.
    I mean, surgery can be considered an invasive operation. The way humans "heal" our bodies is rather diverse. It's not as clean cut as "close the wounds".
    Also Wanda can heal herself at least in MoM though, she reformed her mangled body after a certain scene.