Page 14 of 456 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I wonder if the writer of wanda's rumoured solo book will talk about the plot hole from darkhold omega and trial of magneto, and if she does have chthon inside of her in her soul changes something in her powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I am thinking of something bondage inspired like:

Also a bigger more horn like headpiece, a hexagram somewhere and maybe her cape can sprout eyes,mouths and tentacles the more she taps into chthon's power
    I thought of chains as part of Chthon's visual design, as some kind of symbol of his exile from Earth, not so much for Wanda though.
    As for some darker and edgier stuff, I don't know, a porcelain mask will suffice, or maybe Darkhold writings burning on her outfit/skin when tapping into more of Chthon's power(kinda like Modred during the Slott Avengers run.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wonder if the writer of wanda's rumoured solo book will talk about the plot hole from darkhold omega and trial of magneto, and if she does have chthon inside of her in her soul changes something in her powers.
    I won't be mad if they just ignore it, along with the unnecessary lore changes to Chaos Magic.(It's literally a page of info dump.)
    I don't mind some stories doing it, Brandon Sanderson did it a lot in his novels, but the stories are self-contained and actually good for the most part.
    I am honestly more interested in Wanda's prep work before Darkhold,make some flashbacks about that maybe.(Honestly those Darkhold oneshots should be about Wanda, Doom and even Chthon's preparations. Some of them are good on their own but they don't add anything to the overall story.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I doubt they will talk about plot holes. If they did, they would have fixed Disassmebled and HOm's plot holes.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's not even one of those plot holes that actually damage the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I am thinking of something bondage inspired like:

Also a bigger more horn like headpiece, a hexagram somewhere and maybe her cape can sprout eyes,mouths and tentacles the more she taps into chthon's power
    That's such a departure from Wanda. I can't really get behind it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here you go...artists John Byrne & Paul Ryan (inks)

They are releasing a new Darker then Scarlet trade next week.

Also, Infinity Gauntlet and House of M are coming back to print this month.

In March they have Marvel: The Tiny Book of Scarlet Witch and Vision: (Wanda Maximoff and Vision Comics) coming out. According to the summary it’s, “filled with quotes and art from all of Scarlet Witch and Vision’s most significant comics stories.”

Those being what they choose to reprint shows that they need more Wanda exclusive content for people to easily read through. At least two of them are good stories. The other two I wouldn't spit on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

As much as I like two of the one-shots Darkhold got (Spidey's and Stark's), the "Darkhold Defiled" really didn't add much to the plot, they were teleported to Other Realm, beat up some mooks, and when the big boss arrived, Wanda took care of him.

Feels like they could've used the pages more for the battle against Chthon instead of the possessed heroes, but I guess Marvel just had to use 'em.

Oh well, kinda surprised Wanda just absorved Chthon, and the plot hole with ToM aside, this could be big even without talking about power levels, it could help develop Wanda more as a character, something that she'd definitely need if Marvel wants to remind people who she is without the HoM nonsense around, but, a hack writer could end up making another HoM, or just rip off Titans and have a story be basically Terror of Trigon... Oh well.

One thing I've been wondering lately, does she even use her hex powers anymore? Magic mixed with another "natural" power is cool, but I think someone told me she hasn't been using hex lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Post-Busiek Wanda's hex is part of her Chaos Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Post-Busiek Wanda's hex is part of her Chaos Magic.
    Well, shows how much I know lol.

But do writers usually remember it as part of her power or does she just do "usual" magic stuff? 'Cause at times writers are really bad with magic, and I'm wondering if at least that is remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Technially anything ranges from low level probability manipulation to mass scale reality warping is her Chaos Magic.
    Busiek's Chaos Magic is meant to replace her early basic skill set as well as some high end power set.(Basically it's a retcon that she is always using Chaos Magic from the very start since she was born with Chthon's marking, it's just through her growing understanding and knowledge of magic in general makes her usage of Chaos Magic better as well.)

It doesn't really matter if writers remember that, as long as Wanda still does some more baseline probability hex, this part of her power still technically exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Busiek's Chaos Magic is meant to replace her early basic skill set as well as some high end power set.
    Not so much replace it as explain it.

But yes.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Not so much replace it as explain it.

But yes.

kdb
    Yeah, I mean it's kinda a retcon that she is technically always using Chaos Magic in-universe since her birth right.
    (While off-page history wise she is only using Chaos Magic post your run. Old comics certainly doesn't meant for certain power set to be Chaos Magic. Again, it's a great wrap up/All-in-One kind of power explanation for past history and future stories.)

Probably should have worded it better, Wanda went through a lot of lore changes/retcons so I kinda keep two sets of history(on-page and off-page) in mind.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-07-2022 at 11:43 PM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Grace Randolph made me laugh once again. At around 6:00, she says “Lack of respect for the source material”. Yeah, well, uhm, I, and I guess many others here, are glad about the lack of respect for one particular source material.

Any 2021 top ten streaming series list that does not have “Lucifer” in it is invalid to me.