Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
I have done a bit of thinking and I think there is another viewpoint that should be considered. Spending time around comic fans has made me realize that there is this unique trait that characters like Wanda have. She is portrayed as scarily powerful with her powers having no clear-defined limits. The MCU has certainly built her up as a real powerhouse with increasingly powerful feats throughout the movies and Kevin Feige has called her the most powerful Avenger. Something that is hard to disagree with at this point. And this is where that trait comes in. People still want more and more. It's a power fantasy at this point and Wanda is the vehicle for it. Just like people love it when Superman comes flying in and goes absolutely ham on the villain of the day. An itch that other characters like Cap just cannot satisfy.

I suspect that's why House of M/No more mutants gets brought up so often. Love it or hate it is still the most powerful feat she has ever accomplished in her history and even with all the crazy stuff happening in the Marvel Universe all time not many characters can claim to have done something similar. I think many don't actually know all the details of the story and all the problems it had and caused further down the line. They just use it as an example for how powerful the character is and therefore want to see it on screen and not out of any malicious reasons.
People want HoM because that is literally the only thing they ever know about her period.
Unfortunately her worst stories became also the most famous due to the sheer shock value it has.
And really I don't mind her being a power fantasy for some, but again like you said, why can't she be Superman type of power fantasy but instead power fantasy for edgy teenagers' perceptions of "girl boss"?