Page 408 of 456 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 6836

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Teases Elizabeth Olsen’s MCU Return: ‘Anything’s Possible in the Multiverse’
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...ge-1235384359/

Wanda sure did appear to have died — and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) certainly thought she had too. But not so fast, says Feige. “I don’t know that we saw her under rubble?” he says in upspeak. “I saw a tower coming down and a little red flash. I don’t know what that means.”

When pressed for specifics about where Wanda could reappear — to help launch Marvel’s future “X-Men” plans, in a stand-alone Scarlet Witch movie, an upcoming “Avengers” film, or even in “Agatha: Coven of Chaos,” the Disney+ spinoff of Kathryn Hahn’s fan-favorite “WandaVision” character, Agatha Harkness — Feige demurs and answers vaguely.

“There really is so much more to explore,” he says. “We still haven’t touched on many of her core storylines from the comics.”

“I’d work with Lizzie for another 100 years if we could,” Feige continues. But then he throws out one final hint before signing off. “Anything’s possible in the multiverse! We’ll have to see.”

For Olsen’s part, she says, “I don’t think any of these characters are ever really gone,” and she’d love to see Wanda head “toward some sort of redemption.” But she underlines that she doesn’t know anything yet: “I really don’t know my future. There’s nothing that has been agreed on.”

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Teases Elizabeth Olsen’s MCU Return: ‘Anything’s Possible in the Multiverse’
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...ge-1235384359/

Wanda sure did appear to have died — and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) certainly thought she had too. But not so fast, says Feige. “I don’t know that we saw her under rubble?” he says in upspeak. “I saw a tower coming down and a little red flash. I don’t know what that means.”

When pressed for specifics about where Wanda could reappear — to help launch Marvel’s future “X-Men” plans, in a stand-alone Scarlet Witch movie, an upcoming “Avengers” film, or even in “Agatha: Coven of Chaos,” the Disney+ spinoff of Kathryn Hahn’s fan-favorite “WandaVision” character, Agatha Harkness — Feige demurs and answers vaguely.

“There really is so much more to explore,” he says. “We still haven’t touched on many of her core storylines from the comics.”

“I’d work with Lizzie for another 100 years if we could,” Feige continues. But then he throws out one final hint before signing off. “Anything’s possible in the multiverse! We’ll have to see.”

For Olsen’s part, she says, “I don’t think any of these characters are ever really gone,” and she’d love to see Wanda head “toward some sort of redemption.” But she underlines that she doesn’t know anything yet: “I really don’t know my future. There’s nothing that has been agreed on.”
    Anything's possible in the multiverse seems to hint at that they'd aim for a different Wanda if they do anything else. But the non-committal answers seem to signify that if something does happen, it won't be soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Anything's possible in the multiverse seems to hint at that they'd aim for a different Wanda if they do anything else. But the non-committal answers seem to signify that if something does happen, it won't be soon.
    So my hope that she’ll actually get a solo film isn’t likely to be anytime soon then.

There's always the chance that there is something and they don't want to spoil or say anything yet. But this in combination with their phase announcements makes it seem like it's not really a priority.

BANNED

There's always the chance that there is something and they don't want to spoil or say anything yet. But this in combination with their phase announcements makes it seem like it's not really a priority.
    Well if she is a part of launching the XMen rumor has it won’t happen till 20/5, because that’s when all the actor and producer contracts expire.

Wanda could appear in Agatha:,Coven of Chaos but that doesn’t come out until next year. I don’t think we’re seeing Wanda in anything this year, because they would have already announced it. The other projects that Wanda may appear are likely in early stages of development, and Disney keeps stuff secret until just before release.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well if she is a part of launching the XMen rumor has it won’t happen till 20/5, because that’s when all the actor and producer contracts expire.

Wanda could appear in Agatha:,Coven of Chaos but that doesn’t come out until next year. I don’t think we’re seeing Wanda in anything this year, because they would have already announced it. The other projects that Wanda may appear are likely in early stages of development, and Disney keeps stuff secret until just before release.
    If that is even a thing. Because people kept saying she was gonna be changed in comics and even are trying to say that with her new solo, but that is being done by the Avengers office and they still haven't really done anything there. That whole thing is going on 8 years now.

So it might just be likely that they are done with her story but we as fans, don't want it to be just yet.

BANNED

If that is even a thing. Because people kept saying she was gonna be changed in comics and even are trying to say that with her new solo, but that is being done by the Avengers office and they still haven't really done anything there. That whole thing is going on 8 years now.

So it might just be likely that they are done with her story but we as fans, don't want it to be just yet.
    After the writer writes the script, the studio has to approve. Liz herself would also have to approve, as would the director. I think Liz is telling the truth in that they have had discussions, but nothing has been agreed on yet. I’m sure of Feige for example wanted Liz to be a villain in XMen at this point she’s say no to Wanda being a villain again.

That doesn’t mean Wanda is over in MCU, it’s just all parties have yet to agree on something. Happens a lot creatively. Feige respects Liz a lot professionally, and Liz likes playing Wanda. So I’m sure they will work out something.

Liz also does stuff outside of Marvel. She wanted a break and Feige said he was learning not to overwork actors.

So fans have to take that in mind as well. Actors have to preserve their mental health.

We will probably know more details next year.

Because I’m sure if Liz didn’t want to come back she’d say it directly, and if Feige didn’t want her back, he’d say it too.

BANNED

Keep in mind the pandemic totally screwed with the schedule of everything. If kit for the pandemic we’d surely be further into Wanda’s journey.

After the writer writes the script, the studio has to approve. Liz herself would also have to approve, as would the director. I think Liz is telling the truth in that they have had discussions, but nothing has been agreed on yet. I’m sure of Feige for example wanted Liz to be a villain in XMen at this point she’s say no to Wanda being a villain again.

That doesn’t mean Wanda is over in MCU, it’s just all parties have yet to agree on something. Happens a lot creatively. Feige respects Liz a lot professionally, and Liz likes playing Wanda. So I’m sure they will work out something.

Liz also does stuff outside of Marvel. She wanted a break and Feige said he was learning not to overwork actors.

So fans have to take that in mind as well. Actors have to preserve their mental health.

We will probably know more details next year.

Because I’m sure if Liz didn’t want to come back she’d say it directly, and if Feige didn’t want her back, he’d say it too.
    Yeah I know the whole process. That doesn't mean they are going through that process.

Liz probably is taking a break. We at least have her solo book to look forward to, for now.

Liz coming back isn't her decision. Feige for sure said he'd like to work with her for long term. There is nothing in any of their statements that says anything one way or the other. It just seems whatever it is, isn't happening soon or ever.

Keep in mind the pandemic totally screwed with the schedule of everything. If kit for the pandemic we’d surely be further into Wanda’s journey.
    The pandemic pushed back a few things, but that does not mean that those few things have any bearing on Wanda's future in the MCU.

There might be an Easter Egg in Werewolf By Night about the legend of the Scarlet Witch.

I could see her actually appear in Coven of Chaos, a Young Avengers movie based on the Children's Crusade and then Wonder Man.

Extraordinary Member

Anything's possible in the multiverse seems to hint at that they'd aim for a different Wanda if they do anything else.
    In context he was saying that it was possible for him to work with her for 100 years because anything's possible in the Multiverse. He previously hinted that Wanda isn't really dead (which everyone knows already) so I don't think we have to fear boring alternate-universe Wanda coming back yet, especially if the rumors are true that House of Harkness will introduce Wanda's Billy (not the boring Billy from Multiverse of Madness).

To me the scariest thing Feige said is that "we still haven't touched on many of her core storylines from the comics," because I immediately fear that he wants her to wipe out mutants. But whatever, hopefully they've already gotten the Bendis era out of her system, and hopefully she'll be out of the MCU or almost finished by the time they're ready to introduce Magneto.

But like I always say, she would be crazy not to take some time off from the MCU to do serious work, especially since she doesn't have many film credits thanks to working so much in the MCU in mostly (except WandaVision) thankless parts.

The one thing I was grateful for about the Variety interview is how Olsen threw cold water on the idea that Multiverse of Madness was just a natural continuation of WandaVision instead of a complete contradiction of everything the show worked for:

The character’s heel-turn into darkness took some adjustment. “Well, this is quite a leap from the woman that I’ve been playing!” she remembers thinking after learning she was to go malevolent in the Sam Raimi-directed sequel to “Doctor Strange.”

But she got into it. “At least in my experience, it’s been hard as a woman to express rage,” Olsen says. “It’s one of the most amazing feelings, because it’s so specific: You can know exactly why you’re angry.”
    Sounds about right. It made no sense but she had fun with it as an acting exercise. Hopefully her next acting exercise is something more like the character she was playing up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In context he was saying that it was possible for him to work with her for 100 years because anything's possible in the Multiverse. He previously hinted that Wanda isn't really dead (which everyone knows already) so I don't think we have to fear boring alternate-universe Wanda coming back yet, especially if the rumors are true that House of Harkness will introduce Wanda's Billy (not the boring Billy from Multiverse of Madness).

To me the scariest thing Feige said is that "we still haven't touched on many of her core storylines from the comics," because I immediately fear that he wants her to wipe out mutants. But whatever, hopefully they've already gotten the Bendis era out of her system, and hopefully she'll be out of the MCU or almost finished by the time they're ready to introduce Magneto.

But like I always say, she would be crazy not to take some time off from the MCU to do serious work, especially since she doesn't have many film credits thanks to working so much in the MCU in mostly (except WandaVision) thankless parts.

The one thing I was grateful for about the Variety interview is how Olsen threw cold water on the idea that Multiverse of Madness was just a natural continuation of WandaVision instead of a complete contradiction of everything the show worked for:

Sounds about right. It made no sense but she had fun with it as an acting exercise. Hopefully her next acting exercise is something more like the character she was playing up until then.
    At least even Olsen acknowledges it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Hey all my chaos loving bb’s. I’m gonna try to scoop up an interview with Steve Orlando. Any questions you guys think I should ask?
    Will we see something new about Wanda's Chaos Magic and any interaction between Wanda and Chthon?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

No doubt they'd focus on the negative stories first before having her an Avenger again and all the positive things she did there. Their tendency to do the worst with her is what makes their passiveness about her being in anything else feel kind of like a relief. But also they could do her solo book too which wouldn't be too bad.

I just don't expect anything for a while. If I'm to take off my fan hat for a minute, I think they were letting us down easy. And are focusing on other stories about other characters for right now. Doesn't mean I won't for instance not hold out hope for her being in like Agatha or anything else. But means that I just won't expect it.

For now I'm just glad she has a solo book at least.