Page 226 of 456 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Not all that surprising for Waldron given the writing of the movie. The plague that is HoM runs deep into Wanda's character.
    20220510_100158.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

I think the more significant quote there, which I absolutely believe, is "It was always where Wanda was headed in the MCU, even as I inherited the movie. The question just became, when would it happen?"

Feige is ultimately the person in charge, and he thinks 2000s comics are the definitive version of every character, and I have no doubt that he always intended for this to happen. There have been hints of it ever since Ultron. (On the commentary, Joss Whedon points out that when Wanda rips out Ultron's heart, it's in the same shape that Cap's shield was ripped in the nightmare that Wanda gave to Tony. Whedon said that Feige really liked that, and when Whedon said only a few people would notice, Feige said "yes, but I will be one of them.") Waldron should be blamed for writing a lousy script, but Feige always is in charge of story and Feige's ideas of "what happened in the comics" are everybody's ideas.

I was hoping "WandaVision" got it out of his system, but in the end we just got lucky that the show humanized her more than he probably ever intended.

Waldron's interview mentions another way things could have been worse:

"Certainly, there was a version of this movie where Wanda was part of the ensemble that ended, I guess, with her turning bad, and then she could have been an antagonist of another movie."

I would have liked to see Wanda team up with Strange, and I think the fact that she didn't is one reason the movie got lower-than-usual audience scores for the MCU. (Imagine promiting a team-up between your two most popular magic users that never happens! A better script would have had her at least pretend to team up with them at first.) But at least we got this crap over with.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-09-2022 at 07:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully Feige would stop his obsession or just leave Wanda to her own corner without ever using her in those lousy event movies as plot device again.
    My only hope is for her to be in trust-worthy hands to do some self-contained stories with satisfying arcs and endings and then just quit MCU for good.(That being said, a satisfying seemed to be the luxury for Iron Man and Iron Man alone at thisb
    point lol.)

When your showrunner is obsessed with a story that treated a character badly and was, frankly, bad writing...Like, it seems like Feige and Waldron missed the entire point of WandaVision and what they were trying to do with it and Feige worked on that show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When your showrunner is obsessed with a story that treated a character badly and was, frankly, bad writing...
    Well, for Feige, the only comics that matter are the ones that were published in the 2000s, plus whatever comics he had time to read in the 2010s.

We got very lucky that his version of "House of M" fell into the hands of people who actually didn't seem to like "House of M" very much and filled it out with references to her broader comics history. We didn't get so lucky with "Avengers Disassembled."

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, for Feige, the only comics that matter are the ones that were published in the 2000s, plus whatever comics he had time to read in the 2010s.

We got very lucky that his version of "House of M" fell into the hands of people who actually didn't seem to like "House of M" very much and filled it out with references to her broader comics history. We didn't get so lucky with "Avengers Disassembled."
    It' kind of ironic in light of the fact that so many of those creators who were involved with that era were on the creative committee he didn't want to work with anymore.

Well like I said, hopefully they've gotten it out of their system and allow this character to live out the other half where she redeems herself and allow her to even the score with Chthon. And hopefully take part in Secret Wars.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

It' kind of ironic in light of the fact that so many of those creators who were involved with that era were on the creative committee he didn't want to work with anymore.
    If Creative Committee had their way, Wanda won't even be in MCU in the first place.
    Though I don't know if that will be better lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well like I said, hopefully they've gotten it out of their system and allow this character to live out the other half where she redeems herself and allow her to even the score with Chthon. And hopefully take part in Secret Wars.
    I generally don't like those big events movie, the only draw for me is probably building relationship with othe characters but I have a suspicion they are just not interested in that.
    Wanda was stripped of a lot of her connections in MCU even before MoM, and she just might have too much of a bad name to be in the "cool kids club".
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If Creative Committee had their way, Wanda won't even be in MCU in the first place.
    Though I don't know if that will be better lol.
    i don’t know how anyone could want that.

She’s played by a brilliant actress and is now one of the most popular characters ever.

Regardless of how people feel about Wanda’s treatment, WandaVision solidified her as a modern Marvel icon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    i don’t know how anyone could want that.

She’s played by a brilliant actress and is now one of the most popular characters ever.

Regardless of how people feel about Wanda’s treatment, WandaVision solidified her as a modern Marvel icon.
    False promise and broken expectations sometimes hit harder than simply nothing at all.
    Just like how a good show deterioating at its very ending could bring the feeling of pointlessness.

Of course it's just all subject on my part anyway, but to me a badly written ending can ruin it all for me. Which is why I prefer her stories to be self-contained in MCU there is still hope for her I guess, but the process is still painful.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I generally don't like those big events movie, the only draw for me is probably building relationship with othe characters but I have a suspicion they are just interested in that.
    Wanda was stripped of a lot of her connections in MCU even before MoM, and she just might have too much of a bad name to be in the "popular kids club".
    We'll see. It could be like comics or they could have her in more stuff to fulfill the extended contract that Liz Olsen signed.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well, the only thing left to do 2000's wise is Young Avengers and maybe Children's Crusade. But who knows.

Not sure how I feel about Feige anymore.

Well, the only thing left to do 2000's wise is Young Avengers and maybe Children's Crusade. But who knows.

I don't know if they'd do it. Because there would have to be so much that changes from their approach. Since they decided to not have her even go look for her sons and said they are gone but had her try to kidnap another Wanda's kids that were traumatized by her. The only real way that would make sense is if they replace this Wanda with 838 Wanda and I'd just rather they for once have Wanda confront what she's done wrong and repair things.

I know that doesn't mean that's what they'd go with, because they made a leap from her concerned about her sons yelling out for her to her trying to search universes to kidnap other kids. But I hope they do better.

There's also that they seem to be barreling towards Secret Wars, so there might not be time for TCC.

Extraordinary Member

I would rather them skip Children's Crusade, I am not in mood for "Muh babies" round 3.(That, and Wanda in a passive role again.)
    Just use the remaining elements of Nights of Wundagore/Darkhold Alpha&Omega/90s Darkhold.

Set her on the path to help other cursed individuals under the influence of Chthon, let her be a guardian for the unfortunate and neglected souls, that will make her more sympathetic(and make a point about herself being neglected and without support when she needs it the most). (Basically she can be like those "illegal street doctors" who help the downtordden, since those afflicted with Chthonic curse are likely to be shunned or straight up hunted down.)
    And use her Darkhold Omega story as the sendoff.(The difference is that Wanda will just take over as the new god of chaos instead of returning to Earth, people like Modred, Victoria Montesi, etc will then finally be free.)
    They already kinda established Chaos Magic/Darkhold as some kind of "inherent evil magic" which I don't like, so etiher they ignore that or let Wanda change the rules after her takeover.(Those magic will still have its price, but they will just be your average "dangerous magic", like a gun or a bomb, capable of great violence but nothing inherently wrong with them.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2022 at 09:54 PM.