Page 225 of 456 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    After MoM, it actually makes sense why Wanda’s costume is so muted. The Scarlet Witch as is is a corrupted version.

I hope when Wanda does hopefully go through her redemption, her costume’s colours are transformed to be like the classic suit signifying a rebirth and the path of the hero she is.
    Sign, redemption arcs are one of the most boring slog for me, they could have avoided this mess in the first place but they did this crap anyway.
    Hopefully the next project can resolve it fast enough and wash away the stench.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Wanda got a Hellfire Gala outfit and the Eternals will probably try to attack Krakoa in the Judgement Day event because of the whole Mutants are Deviants thing. The chances are good she is showing up there. You think she will just let everyone die or let the Eternals destroy the means of Mutant resurrection after she specifically improved it?
    In case you don't know, we are talking about the movies.
    And yeah, I expect her to show up in the background or something in that event, or don't since she is often ignored. Anyway, Wanda not showing up in that event won't be used as an attack against her character lol, it's negligence that lead to this, not her characterization.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda got a Hellfire Gala outfit and the Eternals will probably try to attack Krakoa in the Judgement Day event because of the whole Mutants are Deviants thing. The chances are good she is showing up there. You think she will just let everyone die or let the Eternals destroy the means of Mutant resurrection after she specifically improved it?
    Also, Wanda got her costume throughout the years art but she barely appear in any comics at that time lol.
    The Judgement Day's premise sounds dumb(Eternals are not even genocidal on Deviants last time I checked), I would rather Wanda stay away from dumb events for the most part.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Sign, redemption arcs are one of the most boring slog for me, they could have avoided this mess in the first place but they did this crap anyway.
    Hopefully the next project can resolve it fast enough and wash away the stench.
    I think Redemption is far to strong in this case, escpially with the context to the movie, it be more of a comeback for her and they already tapped out the Darker then Scarlet Stories so the other stories would have to be the postitive ones so we have to keep on eyes on what is happening and her support has not seem to take a hit over this so far, more fans want more Wanda and that is a good thing to have behind your character.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

After MoM, it actually makes sense why Wanda’s costume is so muted. The Scarlet Witch as is is a corrupted version.

I hope when Wanda does hopefully go through her redemption, her costume’s colours are transformed to be like the classic suit signifying a rebirth and the path of the hero she is.
    That makes me wonder about something related. Agatha has been the only one who referred to her as the Scarlet Witch and that is because she saw it in the Darkhold. When Wanda told Strange that if he resists it will be not be Wanda showing up but the Scarlet Witch it showed that she has somewhat embraced that persona from the Darkhold.

So it will interesting if Wanda will even continue to use the Scarlet Witch moniker considering its origin. It's basically a title given by Cthon himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That doesn't have any bearing on their lack of world building with Stephen. Hopefully his third movie has more to actually do with him and his lore.
    Strange’s lore is so vast and deep I feel he needs to appear in other movies and Disney + series to better develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think Redemption is far to strong in this case, escpially with the context to the movie, it be more of a comeback for her and they already tapped out the Darker then Scarlet Stories so the other stories would have to be the postitive ones so we have to keep on eyes on what is happening and her support has not seem to take a hit over this so far, more fans want more Wanda and that is a good thing to have behind your character.
    ooooh comeback is much more appropriate. Love that.

Definitely meant it more in that way, too!

I think Wanda’s arc is perfectly fine; but the way it needs to be handled next is absolutely critical to her character. I just hope it’s given the right amount of good writing and delicacy that is needed.

BANNED

Of course not! Plus even the other Avengers would always oppose genocide and some of them have friends in the XMen. Captain Marvel is friends with Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want all those projects saved for Wanda herself and her inner circle then. No distraction and straight to the point. MoM is already wasting so much of her time.
    Hopefully more information is released soon.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

ooooh comeback is much more appropriate. Definitely meant it more in that way, too.

I think Wanda’s arc is perfectly fine; but the way it needs to be handled next is absolutely critical to her character. I just hope it’s given the right amount of good writing and delicacy that is needed.
    Indeed thanks and we have to see what happens, most important is to keep up with the news and see what they want to do with her. Most important is that is seems even MoM not have taken off the desire, support or fandom for Wanda so far online and combine that with increasing chatter to having her in solo projects means their is much room to grow.

Wanda mostly has allot more story in her character from the comics they can leep off of and work for her, so combine that with Miss Olsen's talent and a good script writing that cares their is much to look for and hope for to work with.

Also Nice to Meet you Muffin Crud, Welcome!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed thanks and we have to see what happens, most important is to keep up with the news and see what they want to do with her. Most important is that is seems even MoM not have taken off the desire, support or fandom for Wanda so far online and combine that with increasing chatter to having her in solo projects means their is much room to grow.

Wanda mostly has allot more story in her character from the comics they can leep off of and work for her, so combine that with Miss Olsen's talent and a good script writing that cares their is much to look for and hope for to work with.

Also Nice to Meet you Muffin Crud, Welcome!
    likewise!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Of course not! Plus even the other Avengers would always oppose genocide and some of them have friends in the XMen. Captain Marvel is friends with Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Xavier.
    The problem with this event is that Eternals are never really genocidal on Deviants, they made this event to synergize with the movies while ignoring old comic lore.(Lemurian Deviants have diplomatic relationship with Eternals, and even other Earth governments, heck they helped evacuating DC's Government officials in Kang Dynasty.)
    Second, mutants being considered Deviants is anothet layer of dumb, like mutants are as much as Eternals as they are Deviants, both are Evolutionary cousins.
    I guess Thanos being their current leader could explain things? But again, comics should avoid using premises in movies, they don't mash well.

Extraordinary Member

That makes me wonder about something related. Agatha has been the only one who referred to her as the Scarlet Witch and that is because she saw it in the Darkhold. When Wanda told Strange that if he resists it will be not be Wanda showing up but the Scarlet Witch it showed that she has somewhat embraced that persona from the Darkhold.

So it will interesting if Wanda will even continue to use the Scarlet Witch moniker considering its origin. It's basically a title given by Cthon himself.
    It should be about Wanda subverting the prophecy and making that title her own.
    MoM kinda disrupt that but I guess it can still work given enough care to the plot.
    I would hate to see her classic title tarnished.

Extraordinary Member

While I can't put any faith in the MCU at this point, the idea of reclaiming the Scarlet Witch title does go right back to Wanda's first comic appearance, since "Scarlet Witch" was an insult by one of the villagers who tried to kill her, which she then adopted as her own.

So if they wanted to do a better story for her she could easily make "Scarlet Witch" her own instead of whatever it was supposed to be in the Darkhold.

Extraordinary Member

Lol, silly me to think subversion/irony are the point of a prophecy, I still think the creators of WandaVision probably meant that.(After all, it's kinda their plan, Wanda figuratively destroyed the "world" by ending the hex)
    I still like the fantasy prophecy aspect added to her, but god please bring more nuance, or at least use some classic tropes that are actually good and effective storytelling tools.