Default New Year Resolutions!

1. I will no longer buy variant covers. I use to buy one once in a blue moon but now I am ready to just stop.

2. No more buying nostalgia cash grabs. "Do you call the Krakoa era "Crapkoa"? Well here is a limited series from a better time in X-Men history with a great creative team who we will never let near the actual books now for reasons we can't explain!" Nope I'm waking away. I'll be back when I can actually read the books.

3. Whenever there is a discussion about legacy heroes I will bring up The Liberty Legion and how that team is tailor made for legacy heroes because you can fill it with golden age heroes. While some are immortal/long lived most are dead and that opens up a ton of legacy opportunities.

4. Read Alex Ross' Fantastic Four:Full Circle Everyone keeps raving about this and saying it's the best FF stuff in years.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-01-2023 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Okay, now I'm done.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    1. I will no longer buy variant covers. I use to buy one once in a blue moon but now I am ready to just stop.

2. No more buying nostalgia cash grabs. "Do you call the Krakoa era "Crapkoa"? Well here is a limited series from a better time in X-Men history with a great creative team who we will never let near the actual books now for reasons we can't explain!" Nope I'm waking away. I'll be back when I can actually read the books.

3. Whenever there is a discussion about legacy heroes I will bring up The Liberty Legion and how that team is tailor made for legacy heroes because you can fill it with golden age heroes. While some are immortal/long lived most are dead and that opens up a ton of legacy opportunities.

4. Read Alex Ross' Fantastic Four:Full Circle Everyone keeps raving about this and saying it's the best FF stuff in years.
    1. Write something. Even if its just fan fiction. I mean thats what we're reading nowdays anyway. I make to much to change carrers but just for the love.

2. Make my points in discussions the leave. People aren't arguing rationally they're just being emotional and its a waste of time. If you are knowlegble in you
    statement make it and go. Debate with your peers, and to all others you teach.

3. Don't love properties. Whatever character you love, you love because of what a writer gave. Remind yourself not to be too invested if when a property a COMPANY owns get handed to someone with
    no respect for what came before.

4. Accept theres enough entertainment to keep you happy. If they do something you can't respect with what you're reading? You got options. Maaaaad options. marvel, dc, Manga, manhwa, anime, and more. give your money to what you
    enjoy and what you want to exist. CROWDFUND SOMETHING. Some creator out there needs you.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.