Page 42 of 456 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I have done a bit of thinking and I think there is another viewpoint that should be considered. Spending time around comic fans has made me realize that there is this unique trait that characters like Wanda have. She is portrayed as scarily powerful with her powers having no clear-defined limits. The MCU has certainly built her up as a real powerhouse with increasingly powerful feats throughout the movies and Kevin Feige has called her the most powerful Avenger. Something that is hard to disagree with at this point. And this is where that trait comes in. People still want more and more. It's a power fantasy at this point and Wanda is the vehicle for it. Just like people love it when Superman comes flying in and goes absolutely ham on the villain of the day. An itch that other characters like Cap just cannot satisfy.

I suspect that's why House of M/No more mutants gets brought up so often. Love it or hate it is still the most powerful feat she has ever accomplished in her history and even with all the crazy stuff happening in the Marvel Universe all time not many characters can claim to have done something similar. I think many don't actually know all the details of the story and all the problems it had and caused further down the line. They just use it as an example for how powerful the character is and therefore want to see it on screen and not out of any malicious reasons.
    People want HoM because that is literally the only thing they ever know about her period.
    Unfortunately her worst stories became also the most famous due to the sheer shock value it has.
    And really I don't mind her being a power fantasy for some, but again like you said, why can't she be Superman type of power fantasy but instead power fantasy for edgy teenagers' perceptions of "girl boss"?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    AD/HoM are pretty much sequels to DTS.
    Yes, if you ignore everything in-between.
    AD/HoM pretty much ignored everything post-DTS so it can happen, so by essence it's kinda more of an "alt-sequel" if that makes any sense.
    But the point stands, both are **** and their usable part are already salvaged, the rest should just be dumped.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    How powerful Wanda was in House of M is something that does get brought up a huge amount on social media.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ckalebtod...03977113571330
    Yes, the type of yasss queen fans who doesn't understand the character what so ever claims her worst story made her their fav.

And engaging with them is usually toxic because our concerns for Wanda's future after the movies gets handwaves as no one cares about comics. So we don't mix well.

On one hand I'm glad that the MCU has propelled Wanda's popularity. On the other I feel like standom makes it hard to live in the fandom most days too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    AD/HoM are pretty much sequels to DTS.
    Spiritual sequels anyways. Also Bendis did reveal that Darker Than Scarlet was one of main inspirations for AD, though clearly he didn't read anything else.

Did bendis ever write wanda in anything else after HoM? not that i want it after what he did but after she came back from her huge hiatus did he ever said something about or acknowledge marvel trying to rehabilitate the character from that character assasination lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Did bendis ever write wanda in anything else after HoM? not that i want it after what he did but after she came back from her huge hiatus did he ever said something about or acknowledge marvel trying to rehabilitate the character from that character assasination lol
    Yeah, he wrote her when the Uncanny Avengers team shows up in "All-New X-Men" and teen Jean freaks out when she looks into Wanda's mind and finds out about the "No More Mutants" thing.

It wasn't a bad portrayal of Wanda, though, since all the Avengers closed ranks around her and Jean says the reason she couldn't help reading Wanda's mind is that she so obviously feels guilty about it. The point of it wasn't really to attack Wanda, just to make the teen X-Men suspicious of what the adults had told them so far.

I don't think Bendis hates Wanda, I just think he didn't care what happened to her as a result of his cool story ideas.

Hopefully wanda is in the solicitations in may, they better not waste all the multiverse of madness hype if they're thinking in giving her something in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Hopefully wanda is in the solicitations in may, they better not waste all the multiverse of madness hype if they're thinking in giving her something in the books.
    Given they wasted WandaVision don't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given they wasted WandaVision don't be surprised.
    Im already dissapointed given that after the ToM and darkhold omaga end pages teasing something for her ended up in nothing, we might have to wait but during the multiverse of madness makes more sense but hey, Marvel comics its always fumbling the bag

Extraordinary Member

If only they had a comic for her to be in, I wouldn't have to be so terrified about MoM. I don't want her future to have to depend on what happens to her in the movie.

Though of course even if the movie is fine they still might not do anything with her. Because she's Wanda and nothing can get Marvel comics to treat her right.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If only they had a comic for her to be in, I wouldn't have to be so terrified about MoM. I don't want her future to have to depend on what happens to her in the movie.

Though of course even if the movie is fine they still might not do anything with her. Because she's Wanda and nothing can get Marvel comics to treat her right.
    Yeah it fuels a lot of our fears. We will still be here wanting content for this character even after it's no longer the in thing. And long after the Scarlet Witch is out of the MCU. People that want her to go villain and create/bring in mutants and then die off like in the leaks don't seem to understand that. And honestly don't come across as really caring about the character so much as what she can do for their actual faves. Because they want her to be a plot device again. Not an actual fully realized character with her own narrative.

After this movie, they'll move on to the next to fulfill their personal wishes. After Wanda is out of the MCU, they'll latch onto another character for wish fulfillment if they don't get the exact characters they want. We'll be here dealing with the fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I JUST Made My Order Tonight for My Scarlet Witch Collection!

[CENTER]https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300485

Very nice Sideshow statue, they just put an article on Wanda and her family.

Finally, when it comes to mutant royalty, there are few families more infamous than that of Magneto. Max Eisenhardt, who later changed his name to Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, is the undisputed Master of Magnetism. His early life was defined by loss, first his family during the Holocaust and later his wife and daughter at the hands of more hateful humans. After these events, Erik’s view of humanity would forever skew toward disgust, occasionally marked by periods of indifference.

Although he has plenty of alternate timeline children and even a clone or two, there are three children for whom Magneto is most well known. Although they were subject to an unpopular retcon because of licensing rights, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff will always be thought of as Magneto’s twins. Wanda’s ability to affect probability as Scarlet Witch and Pietro’s super speed as Quicksilver made them valuable assets to their father’s cause. The twins were members of the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, though they would later defect to the Avengers. In addition to Wanda and Pietro, Magneto also has another daughter from an affair: Lorna Dane, AKA Polaris.

These three children each carry on unique aspects of Magneto. Aside from an astonishing father-son resemblance, Pietro also shares his father’s devotion to family and his hotheadedness. Lorna, having inherited Magneto’s mastery of magnetism, is the heir of the House of M. Like her father, she is also a natural leader in any setting. Lastly, there’s Wanda, arguably Magneto’s favorite. Wanda could be said to represent the best of her father, the idealism and the fight against persecution of all kinds. Of course, both Scarlet Witch and Magneto warp that vision and hurt countless people in the process, but what’s a little pain on the road to power?

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/x-men-family-tree
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-26-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Gross! Defines her by her "father" which is exactly why I was against him being in her life. He becomes the center of the orbit.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-26-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Hopefully a Scarlet Witch title gets announced soon.

I'm stuck at the airport so here's a doodle I did on my phone to help manifest an ongoing. Sailor Scarlet Witch!

Sailor Scarlet Witch - Imgur.jpg

https://imgur.com/rCJEItE