Page 102 of 456 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Wanda and Pietro are not ethnically Jewish either according to Jewish tradition, as I pointed out earlier.
    Not anymore, obviously. I'm just pointing out the angle the argument coming from.

Why did they make her hair both orange and brown in this movie? I can understand if they want to keep her hair a lighter shade, because blonde actors seem to hate darkening their hair, but then they also make her dye her hair brown (or is that a wig?). Like, just make the hair brown!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Plus I think people focus so much on her tragedies that they miss the other aspects of the character. It is a major thing in her life but other things have happened, and in some cases it comes off as sort of fetishized. So I hope the MCU doesn't keep focusing on that and gives Wanda a little more variety.
    This so much. I think if you've only read Wanda's wiki bio and/or HoM, it's very easy to come away with the impression that she's The Sad Lady who Makes Mistakes. A lot of people like and romanticize this "helpless tragic beauty" trope. It doesn't help that modern writers keep failing to give her a personality.
    Last edited by Saffron; 02-25-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Why did they make her hair both orange and brown in this movie? I can understand if they want to keep her hair a lighter shade, because blonde actors seem to hate darkening their hair, but then they also make her dye her hair brown (or is that a wig?). Like, just make the hair brown!

This so much. I think if you've only read Wanda's wiki bio and/or HoM, it's very easy to come away with the impression that she's The Sad Lady who Makes Mistakes. A lot of people like and romanticize this "helpless tragic beauty" trope. It doesn't help that modern writers keep failing to give her a personality.
    I don't like the color. Maybe there is a reason for it we haven't been told yet. But it's an odd choice. I like her hair darker better and a version of Wanda in the movie does have darker hair. We just have no details on her. If she's corrupted Wanda, an alt earth Wanda, both or none of those things. But I prefer all my Wandas with brown or dark hair. The orange was why I thought that she might be Lore instead of Wanda. Because Wanda mostly had brown or auburn hair.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-25-2022 at 11:45 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Not anymore, obviously. I'm just pointing out the angle the argument coming from.
    I mean even back when Magneto was their father they wouldn't be considered Jewish, as they weren't born to a Jewish mother or converted.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 02-25-2022 at 10:56 PM.

I don't like the color. Maybe there is a reason for it we haven't been told yet. But it's an odd choice. I like her hair darker better and a version of Wanda in the movie does have darker hair. We just have no details on her. If she's corrupted Wanda, an alt earth Wanda, both or none of those things. But I prefer all my Wandas with brown or dark hair. The orange was why I thought that she might be Lore instead of Wanda. Because Wanda mostly had brown or auburn hair.
    I guess it's a visual thing, so we can immediately identify which Wanda is on screen. It also provides opportunities for fake-outs (i.e. you think it's Wanda, but it's actually alt-Wanda!). But if they're not going to have her canon hair colour, they might as well just leave Lizzie's hair it's natural blonde. The orange poops on canon while still being a hassle for the actress. Most importantly, it looks rubbish. What an unhappy compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I mean even back when Magneto was their father they wouldn't be considered Jewish, as they weren't born to a Jewish mother or converted.
    You're talking about a religious Judiasm again, and it's not even all branches that go by matrilineal inheritance. Ethnicity (i.e. Ashkenazi) is not passed through just one parent.

You're talking about a religious Judiasm again, and it's not even all branches that go by matrilineal inheritance. Ethnicity (i.e. Ashkenazi) is not passed through just one parent.
    I know other branches don't, but I'm just saying that is the general rule. And I know that would not stop someone from identifying as Jewish but the twins never did that either back when Magneto was their father.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 02-26-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Yep, it's a weird thing to attach to them when they themselves never visited the idea of it. And they may have never gone into Pietro's religion, but Wanda's religion of choice was already canon.

Hi Wanda fans, hope you are well. I want to ask for your help. I have made some playlists based on characters that I use to concentrate when I’m sewing and I’m currently doing a Wanda one, but I’m short on inspirations.

Do you have some songs that remind you of Wanda, in any moment or aspect of her life? To add them to my list.

Thank u in advance

Siouxsie and the Banshees Spellbound always reminded me of her in general.

For her status in comics for the past 16 years, Every day Is Exactly the Same by NIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Hi Wanda fans, hope you are well. I want to ask for your help. I have made some playlists based on characters that I use to concentrate when I’m sewing and I’m currently doing a Wanda one, but I’m short on inspirations.

Do you have some songs that remind you of Wanda, in any moment or aspect of her life? To add them to my list.

Thank u in advance
    Oooo I love this
    Lana Del Rey - Season Of The Witch (simply witchy by simply witchy)
    Fleetwood Mac -Rhiannon (sexiest witch in music)
    Fleetwood Mac -Sisters Of The Moon (strength in resisting the darker side of magic)
    MJ Cole/ Freya Ridings -Waking Up (reminds me of Wanda)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Thank u in advance
    That is a Very Cool Question and Welcome to Wanda's Thread Starchilde!

Many good choices for Wanda So far, for me personally recently Whitney Houston's - Queen Of The Night really Remind me of Wanda and how Cool she can be!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Every little thing she does is Magic by the Police

Thank u in advance
    Maybe a bit too agressive for Wanda, but I think Mother's Daughter by Miley Cyrus fits her after the Natalya retcon lol.

Siouxsie and the Banshees Spellbound always reminded me of her in general.

For her status in comics for the past 16 years, Every day Is Exactly the Same by NIN.
    Thanks for the suggestions GenericUsername, I love Siouxsie! And Nine Inch Nails's song is perfect for throwing some shade to editorial, which I love to do I have some Ani DiFranco in my Jean playlist for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Oooo I love this
    Lana Del Rey - Season Of The Witch (simply witchy by simply witchy)
    Fleetwood Mac -Rhiannon (sexiest witch in music)
    Fleetwood Mac -Sisters Of The Moon (strength in resisting the darker side of magic)
    MJ Cole/ Freya Ridings -Waking Up (reminds me of Wanda)
    Thanks for all the suggestions , fleetwood mac is on point for Wanda <3 Witchy Woman from the Eagles gives me the same vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is a Very Cool Question and Welcome to Wanda's Thread Starchilde!

Many good choices for Wanda So far, for me personally recently Whitney Houston's - Queen Of The Night really Remind me of Wanda and how Cool she can be!

Thanks for the warm welcome CJStriker =) love your choice of song!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Every little thing she does is Magic by the Police
    How could I forget this one? thank u leokearon!

Thanks for the suggestions GenericUsername, I love Siouxsie! And Nine Inch Nails's song is perfect for throwing some shade to editorial, which I love to do I have some Ani DiFranco in my Jean playlist for the same reason.
    Yeah, it's sad they did the same to Jean. Had her gone for so long.