Page 123 of 456 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The implication is that the author of the Darkhold knows exactly what these powers are. Agatha stated that there was a slither of power within her and that she was a "baby Witch". This would fit with Chthon planting the "seed" into her soul at birth.

Wanda IMHO used her connection to the mind stone to give Pietro powers from the space stone. The Mind Stone obliged.

I think the Mind Stone is an ally to Wanda, not simply some plot mcguffin. It flies toward her whereas it seems other test subjects had to walk towards it.
    The mind gem stuff seems to just be the science aspect of her powers that always existed in some way. Either through being a mutant or science experiment. And chaos magic being the other part of her powers. Both working together in tandem.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The implication is that the author of the Darkhold knows exactly what these powers are. Agatha stated that there was a slither of power within her and that she was a "baby Witch". This would fit with Chthon planting the "seed" into her soul at birth.

Wanda IMHO used her connection to the mind stone to give Pietro powers from the space stone. The Mind Stone obliged.

I think the Mind Stone is an ally to Wanda, not simply some plot mcguffin. It flies toward her whereas it seems other test subjects had to walk towards it.
    I think that is due to her being a nexus being. It seems that Marvel Studios is going with The Children's Crusade's depiction and having Wanda be the focal point of the universe's mystical energy, allowing her to absorb it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    That reminds me, Wanda found out Ultron's true intentions by reading his mind through Vision's body. So she can easily found out Doom's intentions via telepathy.

Again, not a Doom expert just going off what I've heard and the panels I've seen. But apparently something like this did happen in the comics. The Wakandan goddess Bast read Victor's mind to judge him and see if he was worthy of having the vibranium. Bast learned that Doom's intentions were indeed pure. Doom looked into all timelines and saw that only the ones where he ruled had people united, flourished, and survived. Bast reluctantly became pro-Doom and let him have the vibranium.

What if Wanda comes to similar conclusion after reading his mind? Realize that he isn't bullshitting like HYDRA and Ultron were, then lets him rule Sokovia?
    Why would she still let him rule if his intent is to always rule through absolute obedience? And again, this is something we can't even get into because we aren't even there in the MCU. Doom has not been introduced. And they haven't said anything else about Sokovia, and we don't know when/if they will.

I think that is due to her being a nexus being. It seems that Marvel Studios is going with The Children's Crusade's depiction and having Wanda be the focal point of the universe's mystical energy, allowing her to absorb it.
    Children's Crusade wasn't the first to establish that. Her being a nexus being just makes her able to hold lots of power. It's not her power.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are theories to Pietro's powers actually being given to him by Wanda, because she was able to give her children their powers. And because she'd want to protect Pietro. And while they show Wanda getting her powers, they never show how Pietro got his.
    Yeah, but the question is "when" did he get those powers.

Why would she still let him rule if his intent is to always rule through absolute obedience? And again, this is something we can't even get into because we aren't even there in the MCU. Doom has not been introduced. And they haven't said anything else about Sokovia, and we don't know when/if they will.
    Just making a hypothesis.

Extraordinary Member

There are theories to Pietro's powers actually being given to him by Wanda, because she was able to give her children their powers. And because she'd want to protect Pietro. And while they show Wanda getting her powers, they never show how Pietro got his.
    The script to WandaVision episode 8 was published and there's a bit of cut dialogue where Agatha speculates that Wanda's magic protected Pietro from being killed by the Mind Stone, and because he survived ("But not for long!") he was able to get powers from the stone.

It's not technically canon because it didn't make it into the episode, but that's the likeliest explanation. Pietro's super speed came from the Mind Stone, and Wanda's "baby witch" magic was just what kept him from dying in the experiment. Meanwhile the Mind Stone either enhanced or unlocked Wanda's untapped magic power instead of giving her completely new powers.

Also, didn't HYDRA wanted to rule through absolute obedience?

Also, didn't HYDRA wanted to rule through absolute obedience?
    As far as we know Hydra wanted to take over everything, but they did it through secret infiltration. Not being outright with it. Doom doesn't care. He'll tell you what he intends on doing and tell you that you can't do anything about it.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Apparently, Doom's subjects love him.

Interesting. Because Wanda thought that taking over Westview improved the lives of its residents, until she realized how much pain they were in. How would she react to Doom doing the same with her homeland, except he was actually was improving the lives of its residents and they loved him? I think she would initially be pro-Doom, until she finds out how extreme he can be.
    She is not a political leader of WestView, even though she (subconsciously) controls the town.
    I don't know, she is initially against Western Imperialism in her homeland, then we have nothing about that discussed. I doubt MCU will do a serious political discourse about Doom.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-14-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

HYDRA is just meant to be the supplement for the Brotherhood. Her and her brother are teens at that point and gullible to people claiming to help them.
    Timeline wise, there is no way for the Maximoff twins to actually know they are Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She is not a political leader of WestView, even though she (subconsciously) controlls the town.
    I don't know, she is initially against Western Imperialism in her homeland, then we have nothing about that discussed. I doubt MCU will do a serious political discourse about Doom.
    Doom is likely to be a focus on things about the F4 anyway and anything they do that could resemble CC will likely not be even close to that book, like most of their adaptations anyway.

Extraordinary Member

I guess part of the reason for all the Doom speculation is that the MCU Fantastic Four are likely to use other villains than Doom, just like the first two MCU Spider-Man movies wisely used villains the other movies hadn't used before. So if they want to introduce Doom earlier they might do it outside of the FF movies, which is why there have been rumors about him popping up in Black Panther 2.

I don't think the Children's Crusade rumors are based on anything, though, except that some people online have read the comic and Doom was in it. The only reason people are talking about an MCU Children's Crusade at all is just that we're probably getting Young Avengers and it sort of would make sense for them to go looking for Wanda like in the comics. But it's a huge leap from that to Children's Crusade, let alone Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I guess part of the reason for all the Doom speculation is that the MCU Fantastic Four are likely to use other villains than Doom, just like the first two MCU Spider-Man movies wisely used villains the other movies hadn't used before. So if they want to introduce Doom earlier they might do it outside of the FF movies, which is why there have been rumors about him popping up in Black Panther 2.

I don't think the Children's Crusade rumors are based on anything, though, except that some people online have read the comic and Doom was in it. The only reason people are talking about an MCU Children's Crusade at all is just that we're probably getting Young Avengers and it sort of would make sense for them to go looking for Wanda like in the comics. But it's a huge leap from that to Children's Crusade, let alone Doom.
    I think just "Young Avengers looking for Wanda since she disappeared after doing some bad stuff" in itself can be considered "Children's Crusade". That's the main premise and MCU adaptations are very loose anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think just "Young Avengers looking for Wanda since she disappeared after doing some bad stuff" in itself can be considered "Children's Crusade". That's the main premise and MCU adaptations are very loose anyway.
    I agree, it's a very logical thing to speculate, but it is just speculation at this point. But like you say, MCU "adaptations" are rarely actual adaptations of the stories, so I think people have a habit of looking at a story and thinking the MCU version will feature characters who were in that story.

That's part of how we got speculation that WandaVision would feature Mephisto, because he was in Vision Quest/Darker Than Scarlet. The show did take something from that storyline, but just the basic idea of Wanda having a breakdown after Vision is dismantled + Vision being rebuilt as a white emotionless thing.

And even that is more specific stuff than the MCU usually takes from comic storylines. Remember Tom King was talking about how they were inspired by his "Vision" series (which I love) and the only thing they took was the name of the dog?

So yeah, I expect something with a Children's Crusade-esque premise, but not really specific stuff like Wanda as the amnesiac bride of Doom.