Page 141 of 456 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Does the latest disprove the leaks somewhat? She's fighting alongside Wong and the wizards at the temple look like their fighting a male figure

Looks great wow.
    The toy leaks show that there are two Wongs, Wong and Defender Wong. One of them might be evil and helping Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The toy leaks show that there are two Wongs, Wong and Defender Wong. One of them might be evil and helping Wanda.
    Agreed. Two Wongs don’t make them right.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    And the other Wanda might be the evil Wanda too, their is already confirmed more then 1 Strange and likely at least 2 Wanda’s in this, that is why it is not much to go on the Wanda becoming bad theory cause even if their are seen scenes already of this it likely like a wing and Strange doing bad their more darker and bad variants.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Agreed. Two Wongs don’t make them right.
    I laughed harder than I probably should have.

Extraordinary Member

Two Wongs don't make it ight.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

In case the movie isn't good for Wanda, and with no comics for her to appear in, I was wondering if there was anything we could do here to discuss something more positive from the character's long comics history. Favorite moments? Issue-by-issue discussions?

I feel like with Wanda not in comics for the next few months at least, and with her story probably at best unresolved after this movie, we're going to need to find a way to keep this thread focused on the character we love and not whatever Disney is doing (or not doing) with her lately.

All I seem to do is complain and moan about the movie rumors and the refusal of the comics to use her, so I would gladly try to make up for it by posting more about the comics she's been in.

That is an Excellent Idea Gurkle, A Good Feeling Exactly!

But just to Say on the Disney Front 1st before the Comics, I am Very Appriated Disney Gave Us THESE, showing Wanda has Truly Arrived in the Disney Minde MainStream!

Smile

As For Comics, My 1st Scarlet Witch Avengers Comic that Meant so much to me and was a GRAND 411 for Any Scarlet Witch Fan, Every Wanda Fan Needs to Read this issue! =)

Extraordinary Member

This is wonderful, CJ. I remember that comic was one I read around the middle of my quest to read all Wanda's comics (I don't read in order, that's just the way I am). It was an odd comic because it was clear that the writer (Roger Stern) or editor (Mark Gruenwald) didn't have a plot so they just told the artist (Al Milgrom) to draw a bunch of pages of stuff from Wanda's past. The only "new" thing really was the flashback to what happened after the end of the first Vision the Scarlet Witch miniseries, after Magneto told Wanda and Pietro that he was their father:

Roger Stern didn't like Magneto being a good guy like he was in X-Men at the time, so I think he was trying to show that Wanda and Pietro, especially Pietro, still hated him. But it didn't go anywhere.

It's also interesting that this era of Avengers really leans hard on Wanda not being a true sorceress. I can't find the panel but she says in this issue that she never became a great sorceress but her magic training helped her gain more control of her mutant powers. Writers would go back and forth about how much of her power was magic or mutant until Busiek finally established that she'd been using magic all along, which most writers have stuck to since then.

And of course the issue ends by teasing a Doctor Strange team-up (sigh... I hope it happens in the MCU but I can't get my hopes up).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Teasing more and More about Dreams/Nightmares by both Strange and Wanda, I am Starting to think the Theroies that are around the net and one I talk to a friend about might be gaining Truth now, the real foes/villians of the movies;

spoilers:
    Nightmare and/or The Fear Lords
    end of spoilers

Again I know little about these foes, but what I have learned and this teasers has made me interested.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-06-2022 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This is wonderful, CJ. I remember that comic was one I read around the middle of my quest to read all Wanda's comics (I don't read in order, that's just the way I am). It was an odd comic because it was clear that the writer (Roger Stern) or editor (Mark Gruenwald) didn't have a plot so they just told the artist (Al Milgrom) to draw a bunch of pages of stuff from Wanda's past. The only "new" thing really was the flashback to what happened after the end of the first Vision the Scarlet Witch miniseries, after Magneto told Wanda and Pietro that he was their father:

Roger Stern didn't like Magneto being a good guy like he was in X-Men at the time, so I think he was trying to show that Wanda and Pietro, especially Pietro, still hated him. But it didn't go anywhere.

It's also interesting that this era of Avengers really leans hard on Wanda not being a true sorceress. I can't find the panel but she says in this issue that she never became a great sorceress but her magic training helped her gain more control of her mutant powers. Writers would go back and forth about how much of her power was magic or mutant until Busiek finally established that she'd been using magic all along, which most writers have stuck to since then.

And of course the issue ends by teasing a Doctor Strange team-up (sigh... I hope it happens in the MCU but I can't get my hopes up).

You Know what is funny Gurkle and it shows great minds think alike, is that I was last year reading all of Wanda's Comic Apperiances as well, but indeed going in Debut order, so I did what you did, just the oppisite order and that is great to know my friends are doing the same.

I had to stop cause the older books however are very long and wordy so I have been reading other books to get my reading speed much higher in recent years and hopefully to go back to my Wanda Reading order again.

But I like the story you shared, reading it and how it connect in experiances when reading older and classsic Wanda Stories, Thanks for sharing these thoughts. =)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Teasing more and More about Dreams/Nightmares by both Strange and Wanda, I am Starting to think the Theroies that are around the net and one I talk to a friend about might be gaining Truth now, the real foes/villians of the movies;

spoilers:
    Nightmare and/or The Fear Lords
    end of spoilers

Again I know little about these foes, but what I have learned and this teasers has made me interested.
    That would be good, but unfortunately I suspect not:

spoilers:
    Nightmare was widely rumored both as the villain of WandaVision and this movie, but it turned out to be a fake rumor for WV and Nightmare apparently was what the original director wanted to do before it got turned into Multiverse of Madness.
    end of spoilers

Anyway this spot, unfortunately, has more clips that match up with the leaks, but at least Wanda's accent is back.