Page 15 of 456 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Some comments also show some baffling lack of understanding of her in the "source material"(and yet they pretend they are some kind of comic reader/experts.)
    Example as shown below.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE with WandaVision. JAC was the problem with this show. She did not understand, nor care for the source material. Which tbh, gave us an amazing story of grief and sitcom homages, but for the comic book stuff, she couldn’t have cared less. It’s sad. She seemed to have heard Scarlet Witch and thought Wanda was an actual witch in the comics��
    Also Grace Randolph is my Karen template, everytime people throw the word Karen around, I use her as a reference lol and I don't feel sorry.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-08-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Some comments also show some baffling lack of understanding of her in the "source material"(and yet they pretend they are some kind of comic reader/experts.)
    Example as shown below.

Also Grace Randolph is my Karen template, everytime people throw the word Karen around, I use her as a reference lol and I don't feel sorry.
    Pot, Kettle, black comes to mind with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Technially anything ranges from low level probability manipulation to mass scale reality warping is her Chaos Magic.
    Busiek's Chaos Magic is meant to replace her early basic skill set as well as some high end power set.(Basically it's a retcon that she is always using Chaos Magic from the very start since she was born with Chthon's marking, it's just through her growing understanding and knowledge of magic in general makes her usage of Chaos Magic better as well.)
    Huh, so, if if the hex is just part of the chaos magic, and she had chaos magic since she was born, what was her mutant power after these retcons? Was she marked because her mutant power gave her more potential to use chaos magic, the mutant power part just forgotten, or something else?

It doesn't really matter if writers remember that, as long as Wanda still does some more baseline probability hex, this part of her power still technically exist.
    Yeah, and what I'm wondering is if that part of her power is still generally used, 'cause with the ridiculously high potential magic has, writers could always end up forgetting that specific part of her powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Grace Randolph made me laugh once again. At around 6:00, she says “Lack of respect for the source material”. Yeah, well, uhm, I, and I guess many others here, are glad about the lack of respect for one particular source material.

Any 2021 top ten streaming series list that does not have “Lucifer” in it is invalid to me.
    The MCU skipping straight from former terrorist to hysterical woman that can't help making things worse because of her emotions is skipping over a pretty important period in the source material of Wanda being a respected and established heroine. Also how comic Wanda had multiple friendships and familial relationships while the MCU has her obsessed with a total creep. How many times now has MCU Wanda resolved to better learn how to control her powers? Aren't we on the third time now?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    The MCU skipping straight from former terrorist to hysterical woman that can't help making things worse because of her emotions is skipping over a pretty important period in the source material of Wanda being a respected and established heroine. Also how comic Wanda had multiple friendships and familial relationships while the MCU has her obsessed with a total creep. How many times now has MCU Wanda resolved to better learn how to control her powers? Aren't we on the third time now?
    How many times has 616 Wanda done it? Who cares? The MCU is an AU. Projecting 616 canon and identity onto it is a useless exercise, especially since not every MCU adaptation uses 616 canon as its base (vs. Ultimate Universe or something else entirely.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Huh, so, if if the hex is just part of the chaos magic, and she had chaos magic since she was born, what was her mutant power after these retcons? Was she marked because her mutant power gave her more potential to use chaos magic, the mutant power part just forgotten, or something else?
    According to Busiek, if it wasn't for Chthon Wanda would have been an energy wielding mutant like Magneto. From Avengers Vol 3 #10.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    How many times has 616 Wanda done it? Who cares? The MCU is an AU. Projecting 616 canon and identity onto it is a useless exercise, especially since not every MCU adaptation uses 616 canon as its base (vs. Ultimate Universe or something else entirely.)
    I think Jac did a fine and solid job with what she was given. I really respect and appreciate Schaeffer's efforts to try and remove the silliness and absurdity of the "source material" which she had to base her work upon. I totally agree with your comment about the MCU being an AU. I WANT the MCU to be different from the comic books. To me, there is no such thing as "comic book accuracy" when it comes to these movies and shows. If folks enjoy the stories from the comic books, just read the comics! I think comic book fans struggle to understand how difficult it is to adapt decades of works into hours of films and television. I'm content when they stick to the "spirit and essence" of the characters and I think the MCU has done that. Besides, I like Wanda as a wife and mom in the MCU. My only disappointment is that she never really got to be a sister in it.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-08-2022 at 12:05 PM.

They do have a point that MCU Wanda has not had the time of being a hero for a bit in between. And comics only did it a few times in her almost 60 years. It's hasn't ruled her appearances for the most part. The MCU still has time to get there. And despite changing some characters, they typically keep the same general idea or base.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They do have a point that MCU Wanda has not had the time of being a hero for a bit in between. And comics only did it a few times in her almost 60 years. It's hasn't ruled her appearances for the most part. The MCU still has time to get there. And despite changing some characters, they typically keep the same general idea or base.
    I agree, but that's been more out of choice than necessity. MCU movies are made for the general public, not hardcore comic fans who hem and haw over every perceived "mischaracterization" aka something that doesn't affirm their preconceived images of the characters from an alternate universe version of them. This version of the character deserves to have her own journey, wherever it may take her without being hogtied to other versions of her. That stifles creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Vision is a creep? He's legit the least toxic male in the MCU now that Tchalla's gone.

I agree, but that's been more out of choice than necessity. MCU movies are made for the general public, not hardcore comic fans who hem and haw over every perceived "mischaracterization" aka something that doesn't affirm their preconceived images of the characters from an alternate universe version of them. This version of the character deserves to have her own journey, wherever it may take her without being hogtied to other versions of her. That stifles creativity.
    There's no one saying that they need every detail of Wanda's existence in the movies. None of the characters have been hogtied and no one suggested that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Vision is a creep? He's legit the least toxic male in the MCU now that Tchalla's gone.
    Yeah I don't get MCU Vision hate. Comics Vision was another story for some odd years but I feel even for him, they've made him better.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree Vision isn't a creep but why do you think MCU T'Challa is a creep? Man I hope you don't ever venture into the BP thread with statements like that

Spectacular Member

Disrespected Wanda's boundaries, tried to keep her locked up in Avenger's Tower, handed her over to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar. Never apologized or faced any repercussions for his poor treatment and was in fact rewarded for it by having Wanda in love with him in her very next appearance. A single scene watching sitcoms long after the fact doesn't outweigh everything else.

Right... acting like writers dont do that with 616 Wanda as well just recently they made her fail a huge spell in empyre x men.

I'm tired of people pretending the mcu is doing everything because they just inventing stuff, if wanda going bad in the movie we can blame famous histories like disassembled and house of m.