Page 16 of 456 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    According to Busiek, if it wasn't for Chthon Wanda would have been an energy wielding mutant like Magneto. From Avengers Vol 3 #10.
    Ah, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree Vision isn't a creep but why do you think MCU T'Challa is a creep? Man I hope you don't ever venture into the BP thread with statements like that
    Think he means that T'Challa was the least toxic male, and now that he's gone, that goes to Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

You can dislike the MCU for whatever the reasons but just saw some hard 616 wanda fans celebrating that 616 wanda is apparently finally in control of Chthon and MCU Wanda getting someway possessed by the darkhold in MoM, but they skipping the part where 616 Wanda has been possessed and manipulated in history upon history?

Extraordinary Member

Isn't the problem that most people who cry about "comic accuracy" bunch of filthy casuals who are more concerned about mutants, Mephisto, Magneto?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I agree, but that's been more out of choice than necessity. MCU movies are made for the general public, not hardcore comic fans who hem and haw over every perceived "mischaracterization" aka something that doesn't affirm their preconceived images of the characters from an alternate universe version of them. This version of the character deserves to have her own journey, wherever it may take her without being hogtied to other versions of her. That stifles creativity.
    My problem is that those complaining in that particular video aren't even comic readers, and the source material they cry justice for is bloody House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Isn't the problem that most people who cry about "comic accuracy" bunch of filthy casuals who are more concerned about mutants, Mephisto, Magneto?
    There are two types, the ones that want her to be a villain and look powerful (they usually don't read her books) and the 616 comic wanda fans who dislike the MCU version but can't understand that if MCU wanda goes to the villain route it's because they're literally basing it on bad stories of her like the ones that almost destroyed her character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree Vision isn't a creep but why do you think MCU T'Challa is a creep? Man I hope you don't ever venture into the BP thread with statements like that
    The original statement clearly suggest MCU T'Challa was the least toxic male character and Vision was the close second.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Disrespected Wanda's boundaries, tried to keep her locked up in Avenger's Tower, handed her over to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar. Never apologized or faced any repercussions for his poor treatment and was in fact rewarded for it by having Wanda in love with him in her very next appearance. A single scene watching sitcoms long after the fact doesn't outweigh everything else.
    By the same standards, why aren't you a separatist?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    There are two types, the ones that want her to be a villain and look powerful (they usually don't read her books) and the 616 comic wanda fans who dislike the MCU version but can't understand that if MCU wanda goes to the villain route it's because they're literally basing it on bad stories of her like the ones that almost destroyed her character.
    There are also supposed 616 Wanda fans who are somehow obsessed with her mutant connections, there are certainly more than 2 types and the vast majority aren't fans who care about Wanda for the majority of her material.

Those are the worst, you can't argue with them before they start pushing their headcanon of wanda's stories and relationships.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 01-08-2022 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Disrespected Wanda's boundaries, tried to keep her locked up in Avenger's Tower, handed her over to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar. Never apologized or faced any repercussions for his poor treatment and was in fact rewarded for it by having Wanda in love with him in her very next appearance. A single scene watching sitcoms long after the fact doesn't outweigh everything else.
    1) He's not human and was only created like 1 year before that Civil War scene. Him not fully understanding human manners is perfectly reasonable.

2) He was acting on Tony's orders. It was bad but doesn't make him a creep.

3) Wanda was clearly already in love with him in Civil War before the said civil war happens. That's the whole drama in them being on opposite sites. It's not a "reward" for his behavior.

4) He's not the one who actually put her in a straightjacket. That's the governments fault. I'm not sure it's fair to blame even Tony himself for that specifically.

Extraordinary Member

Also the flashback scene in WandaVision made it clear that they were starting to fall for each other before the action of Civil War started, not that that wasn't already obvious from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Huh, so, if if the hex is just part of the chaos magic, and she had chaos magic since she was born, what was her mutant power after these retcons? Was she marked because her mutant power gave her more potential to use chaos magic, the mutant power part just forgotten, or something else?
    Her mutant power was to channel and wield chaos magic.

Had she not been messed with by Chthon, she'd have been some sort of energy-wielder -- channeling electricity or gravity or weather or something, like Magneto wields magnetism.

What Chthon did, essentially, was he hooked the hose up to chaos magic.

So her mutant powers became the power to wield chaos magic. First in the form of uncontrollable "hexes" (essentially chaos-grenades), which she began to subconsciously guide and shape more and more as she got used to them. And then Agatha Harkness taught her to consciously shape them, and to use chaos magic to fuel more traditional magic spells.

The idea was to bring her mutant power and her magical skill into harmony, so they were two pieces of the same thing, rather than two unrelated things.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Think he means that T'Challa was the least toxic male, and now that he's gone, that goes to Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The original statement clearly suggest MCU T'Challa was the least toxic male character and Vision was the close second.
    I guess I mistook the semantics of the sentence. I interpreted it as all Marvel males are toxic and that he was the least toxic, implying that he was toxic to a degree. I was also thinking that a lot of Storm fans were not fond of the marriage and didn't like the way T'Challa annulled it during the whole Avengers vs X-Men mess. So he was considered "toxic" to some fans....but maybe that was not the term they used.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-09-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) He's not human and was only created like 1 year before that Civil War scene. Him not fully understanding human manners is perfectly reasonable.

2) He was acting on Tony's orders. It was bad but doesn't make him a creep.

3) Wanda was clearly already in love with him in Civil War before the said civil war happens. That's the whole drama in them being on opposite sites. It's not a "reward" for his behavior.

4) He's not the one who actually put her in a straightjacket. That's the governments fault. I'm not sure it's fair to blame even Tony himself for that specifically.
    For real. I don't know how anyone can seriously think MCU Vision was genuinely bad for Wanda, specially in light of WandaVision. I'd say even 616 Vision has been more problematic compared to the MCU version, but I guess there are haters for anything in this world. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Her mutant power was to channel and wield chaos magic.

Had she not been messed with by Chthon, she'd have been some sort of energy-wielder -- channeling electricity or gravity or weather or something, like Magneto wields magnetism.

What Chthon did, essentially, was he hooked the hose up to chaos magic.

So her mutant powers became the power to wield chaos magic. First in the form of uncontrollable "hexes" (essentially chaos-grenades), which she began to subconsciously guide and shape more and more as she got used to them. And then Agatha Harkness taught her to consciously shape them, and to use chaos magic to fuel more traditional magic spells.

The idea was to bring her mutant power and her magical skill into harmony, so they were two pieces of the same thing, rather than two unrelated things.

kdb
    I got the gyst of that in Avengers#10 vol 3, but thanks for answering anyways, specially interesting your explanation here is almost the same as that comic's, which you wrote 20 years ago, talk about good memory.

Also this made me realize how much Pietro is an oddball among Magneto's children, because Wanda's power was originally gonna be energy related until Chthon messed with her, then we have Lorna, who's also an energy wielder and has basically the same power as Magneto, and there's Pietro, who just runs fast lol.

Almost makes it look like he's not actually Magneto's kid, unlike the other two, which's ironic 'cause he looks a lot like Magneto .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then