Page 18 of 456 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm sure she and her co-stars were glad that NBC called off broadcasting the awards so they didn't have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Nice! (How she responded, I mean):

Also the follow-up comment of that paparazzi, I wouldn’t know how to respond to that either. That’s just... No.
    That's so rude. And also the internet made paparazzi obsolete. Of course people would know who she is. She's in movies and done more than that dunce.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth did not win a Golden Globe last night.
    That's ok, we know the show got nominated a bunch and is still one of the most, if not the most watched show on D+. So that's everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I honestly expected the Whizzer parentage to return once they undid the Magneto one.
    It wouldn't have made sense. One of the reasons they undid it was the Franks being American while the twins are Eastern European and there is no new family needing to be established when the Maximoffs have been there through each retcon. They are just now biological.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It wouldn't have made sense. One of the reasons they undid it was the Franks being American while the twins are Eastern European and there is no new family needing to be established when the Maximoffs have been there through each retcon. They are just now biological.
    I mean, Marvel retconned Magneto into being their parents to begin with, which made no sense, then unretconned that and removed their mutant status, which made even less sense, they don't care that much about logic when doing stuff like that lol.

Not saying that they should've gone back to Whizzer, Magneto, or fucking Galactus, I just expected the possibility that Whizzer would get the parentage back, but I don't care about which set of parents she has, at the end of the day, focusing too much on the past instead of actually developing damages characters a lot, Hakwman and Donna on the DC side are prime examples of this, specially Donna.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I mean, Marvel retconned Magneto into being their parents to begin with, which made no sense, then unretconned that and removed their mutant status, which made even less sense, they don't care that much about logic when doing stuff like that lol.

Not saying that they should've gone back to Whizzer, Magneto, or fucking Galactus, I just expected the possibility that Whizzer would get the parentage back, but I don't care about which set of parents she has, at the end of the day, focusing too much on the past instead of actually developing damages characters a lot, Hakwman and Donna on the DC side are prime examples of this, specially Donna.
    The way they went about it was typical event way of handling things but it's not that it didn't make sense either way. I mean he's more plausible as a parent with at least being European. And them undoing it didn't really do much for Wanda because she was very much estranged from her father. I think the figuratively a father thing handles it best because he thought he was their father so having those many years of thinking one way would still give him the feeling. Really the Maximoffs make the most sense since they are Eastern European and are the only constant in their lives during the years they were growing up.

I've had the same concerns about Wanda becoming the new Donna Troy, which is why I'm glad they didn't do another retcon with ToM. It just basically had all the same things in place that had been for years. Because Mags feeling like he is their father but not being biological doesn't really change anything. They can still have the same relationship. And the Maximoff thing stays the same.

The way they went about it was typical event way of handling things but it's not that it didn't make sense either way. I mean he's more plausible as a parent with at least being European.
    Sure, the heritage makes more sense, it's just how the events happened don't make sense, first we're told Miss America gave birth to twins, and she's Pietro's and Wanda's mother, she died a few days later and Whizzer ran away because he was sad, but actually, turns out, the babies Miss America gave birth to died, and she died right away too, Bova offered someone else's babies to Whizzer (Though it's not clear if she told the truth to him) and he ran away in sadness.

It was at least clever enough that both versions of the story were told by different people, with Whizzer telling his point of view in Giant Size Avengers#1, and then Bova telling hers' in Avengers#186, it's just that the retcon is clear.

Now that I mention all of this, kinda funny that the detail of the kids Magda gave birth to is forgotten about after Magneto stopped being their parents, maybe the kids died too and then Bova offered the Maximoff's kids to Magda, and then she left and she offered those kids to Whizzer .

And them undoing it didn't really do much for Wanda because she was very much estranged from her father. I think the figuratively a father thing handles it best because he thought he was their father so having those many years of thinking one way would still give him the feeling. Really the Maximoffs make the most sense since they are Eastern European and are the only constant in their lives during the years they were growing up.
    Yeah as far as I can tell, the retcon hurts Pietro more than her, I was just pointing out how the nature of the retcons doesn't make sense with how they kept happening, although the part that makes the least sense is them not being mutants.

I've had the same concerns about Wanda becoming the new Donna Troy, which is why I'm glad they didn't do another retcon with ToM. It just basically had all the same things in place that had been for years. Because Mags feeling like he is their father but not being biological doesn't really change anything. They can still have the same relationship. And the Maximoff thing stays the same.
    Yeah, ultimately all that retcons do is make it less likely that they'll show up as Magneto's children in later adaptations, even then, I doubt that's happening, specially after Disney bought the X-Men rights back.

I'm just hope we can finally move on from "The Pretender" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be pure bullshit if we go back to that after what Wanda did in ToM.

Super-heroes do a lot of bullshit, a lot of times they get excused, but almost never they actually fix the damage, meanwhile, not only Wanda made it possible for every mutant who was killed because of M-day to come back, she also made it possible for mutants who died for other reasons to come back too, so while the pain of loss is definitely going to be there, she fixed something that stopped being her fault since the "Life force" retcon.

So yeah, after that, the "pretender" nonsense would be pure bullshit if it returned, while there's the stupid situation of Toad being a scapegoat for no reason, she at least fixed what HoM did.

Sure, the heritage makes more sense, it's just how the events happened don't make sense, first we're told Miss America gave birth to twins, and she's Pietro's and Wanda's mother, she died a few days later and Whizzer ran away because he was sad, but actually, turns out, the babies Miss America gave birth to died, and she died right away too, Bova offered someone else's babies to Whizzer (Though it's not clear if she told the truth to him) and he ran away in sadness.

It was at least clever enough that both versions of the story were told by different people, with Whizzer telling his point of view in Giant Size Avengers#1, and then Bova telling hers' in Avengers#186, it's just that the retcon is clear.

Now that I mention all of this, kinda funny that the detail of the kids Magda gave birth to is forgotten about after Magneto stopped being their parents, maybe the kids died too and then Bova offered the Maximoff's kids to Magda, and then she left and she offered those kids to Whizzer .

Yeah as far as I can tell, the retcon hurts Pietro more than her, I was just pointing out how the nature of the retcons doesn't make sense with how they kept happening, although the part that makes the least sense is them not being mutants.

Yeah, ultimately all that retcons do is make it less likely that they'll show up as Magneto's children in later adaptations, even then, I doubt that's happening, specially after Disney bought the X-Men rights back.
    Sadly, Marvel doesn't care enough about Magda to even mention how she died. She just went out into the cold and never returned. We then get confirmation that she died. None of the moms in the situation mattered to Marvel at all. Miss America, dies. Magda, dies. Marya, dies. Natalya, dies. At least now Marya is back and believed to have never been dead. That's one of the moms that wasn't fridged, lol.

I don't know if not being mutants makes no sense. Maybe for Pietro but definitely makes sense for Wanda. Since a majority of her powers can be waved away as coming from Chthon.

They never really had a big chance of showing up as his kids anyway. A lot of those stories happened few and far between. And was usually because he was trying to manipulate them into rejoining him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's now the Redeemer.

Extraordinary Member

Wundagore is bad for the health of pregnent women/newborn babies and HE is a shitty caretaker period.
    It's hilarious when you think about the mortality rate of children born around that specific area.

Sadly, Marvel doesn't care enough about Magda to even mention how she died. She just went out into the cold and never returned. We then get confirmation that she died. None of the moms in the situation mattered to Marvel at all. Miss America, dies. Magda, dies. Marya, dies. Natalya, dies. At least now Marya is back and believed to have never been dead. That's one of the moms that wasn't fridged, lol.
    I just checked it out Avengers#186 and that issues doesn't even confirm Magda died, but heavily implies it, since all it says is that she left a letter saying that if she remained alive, her husband might find her:

To make it a bit worse for Magda, she gets mentioned in X-Men#125, published a month after Avengers#186:

And it has Magneto not even being aware of her death, that could setup a return or whatever, but they did nothing, and her presence in X-Men#125 was just to be a hint for fans reading both Avengers and X-Men that Magneto is Wanda's and Pietro's father, so basically, Magda is just a clue that gave birth.

But yeah, sucks that most of Wanda's and Pietro's mothers died, like holy shit, 4 dead mothers, that's must be record, at least the one that raised them is back lol.

I don't know if not being mutants makes no sense. Maybe for Pietro but definitely makes sense for Wanda. Since a majority of her powers can be waved away as coming from Chthon.
    I mean, if we just talk about the origins of their powers, then Pietro's can always be excused as High Evolutionary nonsense, what I mean when it makes no sense is how they were identified as mutants for so damn long by everything, then suddenly they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wundagore is bad for the health of pregnent women/newborn babies and HE is a shitty caretaker period.
    It's hilarious when you think about the mortality rate of children born around that specific area.
    And Magda willingly went to Wundagore to be treated there... Maybe she knew the place would get her killed since she didn't want Magneto to find her alive .

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget there are also 3 pairs of dead twins.(Yeah, they should use that as advertisement)
    Miss America's, Magda's, and the Marya's(I kinda forget if Wanda and Pietro were actually meant to be Ana and Mateo during 2015-2016, or they were meant to be another pair of twins after Ana/Mateo's death.).

Well, at least it's not unfounded, since what we saw of mutants shows that there are, shared family traits at times, like how Rachel has the same powers as Jean, and Cyclops and his brothers share the same basic power.

I can see what you mean though, since X-Gene is genetic equivalent of throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks in most cases,
    The X-gene itself isn't just bad comic book science, it's like defining gravity as a savory sauce for meat and potatoes.

If you have an inheritable gene for it, it's not mutation.

Marvel's managed to define mutants as people who inherited a gene created by genetic engineering. Which is something that can reasonably happen in an SF story, but people like that aren't mutants. They're the product of genetic engineering. If your powers come from a gene that you inherited from your parents, even if that gene was recessive and unexpressed in them, you're not a mutant. You inherited your genes.

It always makes me snarl inside whenever it comes up.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!