Page 182 of 456 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Self-aware fictional character, realizing you are not real and stuff.
    So Wandapool..... I fucks with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Exactly in fiction how can you say what a character will & won't do? You can't! That's the beauty of comics & adaptations.
    Yeah, thus you need no consistency.
    I guess the beauty you refer to is fuck over anyone.
    Fictional characters are really just husks for you I guess.

Extraordinary Member

So Wandapool..... I fucks with it.
    With the extra layer of depression and wish for none-existence.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

What we need here right now is for folks to admit that there is a whole gamut of opinions being expressed which include those that are polar opposites of one's own, in which case we just accept it and move on without doubling down and calling out others.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    “When we were doing WandaVision, I went down more into ‘Witches Road’ […]. That’s something I really want to explore.”

— Elizabeth Olsen on exploring #Wanda after #MultiverseOfMadness

She mentions Wanda aging because the usage of her powers
    https://twitter.com/scarletwnews/sta...9XKLb7Ss4ZystQ
    Well, at least people can stop being mad at her because she only read Bendis stories. (They shouldn't have been mad at her to begin with; most actors only read comics if the producers ask them to, and House of M was the story they gave her to read.)

It was mentioned by the WandaVision crew that they looked at "Witch's Road" and I think, though they haven't admitted it, that their version of Agatha Harkness is really a cross between Agatha and the Emerald Warlock, who also took witches' power by draining it out of them and killing them.

I hope they are smart enough to build to a moment where Wanda seeks out Agatha for help and they finally become friends like they should have been. However, I'm in no mood to hope for anything smart from the MCU. They clearly didn't expect Wanda and Agatha to be so popular and they weren't smart enough to reverse course on Wanda's story in this movie.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-02-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Calling people dramatic, negative, a downer, depressing. These are the only things you bring into this thread, ever.

You don't just state the positive aspects about the character portrayals but judge people for worrying about a character who was historically trashed and thrown away. Who has never gotten back their previous status.
    Girl IDK what you talking about Wanda is popping now more than ever. And all I said is IDK why y'all are being negative, people in this thread have admitted that. Like their's more negativity in her appreciation thread than appreciation you mad cause I pointed out what others have said about themselves?

What I think and hope happens is Wanda does find out that the sons she heard are from an alt earth, and that she comes to terms with her sons being gone. That any villain actions are just Chthon possession or influence and that she breaks free from him.

I wouldn't mind her eventually possessing him, like she has recently in comics.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-02-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Girl IDK what you talking about Wanda is popping now more than ever. And all I said is IDK why y'all are being negative, people in this thread have admitted that. Like their's more negativity in her appreciation thread than appreciation you mad cause I pointed out what others have said about themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    What we need here right now is for folks to admit that there is a whole gamut of opinions being expressed which include those that are polar opposites of one's own, in which case we just accept it and move on without doubling down and calling out others.
    Read above.

‘Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness’ Presales Outpacing ‘Captain Marvel’, ‘GOTG Vol. 2’ & ‘Thor: Ragnarok’, Heading Toward $150M+ U.S. Opening
    https://deadline.com/2022/05/doctor-...el-1235014191/

In a recent Fandango poll of thousands about the Benedict Cumberbatch sequel, moviegoers said:

93% are excited to see more Marvel films exploring the multiverse.
    92% look forward to exploring the events following Spider-Man: No Way Home.
    92% are fans of Benedict Cumberbatch.
    90% are fans of director Sam Raimi.
    85% are fans of Elizabeth Olsen.
    83% are avoiding social media this week to avoid spoilers.
    78% are fans of WandaVision.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

At times like this in regard to Wanda's future, I like to sit back and recall what Taika Waititi said in regard to the MCU, they are always tweaking the story even after post production. So they could do a pick up or two or do ADR to change a line at the last hour because of reaction to things. They were even tweaking things up to the last minute on Moon Knight, and he's a hell of a sell in the first place.

So for Wanda, I have my doubts they are going to go down the whole crazy villain route for her 100% and instead, eventually have her come back to the heroic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    At times like this in regard to Wanda's future, I like to sit back and recall what Taika Waititi said in regard to the MCU, they are always tweaking the story even after post production. So they could do a pick up or two or do ADR to change a line at the last hour because of reaction to things. They were even tweaking things up to the last minute on Moon Knight, and he's a hell of a sell in the first place.

So for Wanda, I have my doubts they are going to go down the whole crazy villain route for her 100% and instead, eventually have her come back to the heroic side.
    I really think she just becomes possessed by Chthon. Which could open up her finding out more about him and how to deal with him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What I think and hope happens is Wanda does find out that the sons she heard are from an alt earth, and that she comes to terms with her sons being gone. That any villain actions are just Chthon possession or influence and that she breaks free from him.

I wouldn't mind her eventually possessing him, like she has recently in comics.
    At least that will just be your average waste of time than some kind of all out disaster I guess.

And I say "waste of time" as a complement. So after all the wait and anxiety, at least it doesn't hurt that much.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-02-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Last time I checked this thread is not about blindly fanboying over anything Wanda is in.

Extraordinary Member

It feels like they don't have time to introduce Cththon in this even if they wanted to. Likely they'll just chalk it up to "evil book made her evil" (it looks very much like the evil Strange was corrupted by the Darkhold too, so they can say "see, it's not sexist, it happens to men too") and save the why of it for another time, if there is one.

I agree with MaximoffTrash that that's a very one-dimensional way to portray the Darkhold, but these movies aren't known for complexity, even by superhero standards.

Extraordinary Member

Oh well, I will just accuse them of being classist then because it's only the expandable characters who get the "evil" treatment.

I generally really hate "insta-corruption" device(madness from terrible truth and revelation/overload of information is generally more interesting), and "evil demon"(like no shit, Sherlock). Chthon IMO better serve as a conceptual being whose spheres of influence are generally harmful to humanity than actively being a particularly malicious being.(Dude misses his home and want Gaea's current job, what do you mean humanity will cease to exist?)

(In a similar vein, Lovecraftian beings are also not actively malevolent, but their sneezes still end civilizations.) The conflict of Chthon/Wanda could be about her more primordial/chaotic nature versus human self.

It will be interesting if it's about Wanda's potential to be detached from humanity, losing empathy and what not. This way her life's experience can be used in a positive light, like those happy memories are what keep her grounded. Her human experience matters.

Instead this movie is like "having Earthly attachment makes you vulnerable to this book's convenient corruption!"
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-02-2022 at 11:04 AM.