Page 188 of 456 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 6836

It kind of sucks when all your worst fears about a movie come true...

The critical reviews average over time for the film will be very important for Marvel's next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Most people, especially the one that just approached the marvel universe will think the characterization is on point ‘cause marvel has been selling house of M trades like hotcakes for the last 2 years capitalizing on wandavision success, what’s worse is that editorial avoided giving comics wanda any new material and storylines effectively making sure enthusiast newcomers would be left with no other options but to buy the House of M collections.
    That seems to be true for new entrants to Wanda's story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of sucks when all your worst fears about a movie come true...
    Yeah. And it could never happen to any other character except Wanda. It really is hard to be a fan of this character sometimes.

I guess we just need to find a way to keep the fandom of the "real" Wanda going until she comes back to comics and/or she gets an MCU story from someone who actually watched her show. We can't let the bad guys win.

Doctor Strange 2 First Reactions Describe a Bizarre Yet Brilliant Film
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2...rre-brilliant/

Well, now that they've gotten HoM out of their systems, maybe now they can focus on Wanda's other character arcs.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I do respect people enjoying the movie, it's clear they're not there for Wanda's character or they like the villainized Wanda, i guess the spectacle of her doing shock valuing stuff generates hype.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, now that they've gotten HoM out of their systems, maybe now they can focus on Wanda's other character arcs.
    I'd like there to be some, unfortunately, they are none-existent.
    Maybe they can wise up and finally give her something in comics, hopefully they don't get any ideas from MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The Fortnite Scarlet Witch skin based on her Multiverse Of Madness look just like Doctor Strange.

Epic Leaks Scarlet Witch ‘Fortnite’ Skin Early
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=59c2689e1884

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Welcome to how I felt at the end of wandavision last year.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Most people, especially the one that just approached the marvel universe will think the characterization is on point ‘cause marvel has been selling house of M trades like hotcakes for the last 2 years capitalizing on wandavision success, what’s worse is that editorial avoided giving comics wanda any new material and storylines effectively making sure enthusiast newcomers would be left with no other options but to buy the House of M collections.
    Yeah it's not people's fault. I think Marvel deleted earlier Wanda and really rebooted and never told anyone haha.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

At Rotten Tomatoes MOM is currently at 82% with 88 reviews.

FR17maXUUAEhF-m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To her credit, Grace Randolph makes all the right points about the movie stomping on Wanda's arc from her show. ("WandaVision is completely undermined. That was perhaps the most shocking to me of all. If you care about WandaVision... that's going to affect your enjoyment of this movie.")

And yeah, she's annoying, but she was right (sadly) in her scoops about this movie, and she has a lot of influence online so I'm glad she's telling them something that undermines the "yas villain queen slay" narrative.

Wanda spoilers:
    lost a lot of autonomy in this movie to only get it back in the end where she sacrifices herself. Jac Schaeffer at least fought for her to keep her sensibilities. And it's why I hope she absorbs Chthon in the movies too. The Darkhold and him existing are a consistent threat to her having any agency.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I mean comparing the disaster of spoilers:
    Dany's descent into madness in GOT S8 at least Wanda isn't that crazy nor stabbed by Strangeas he says you're muh witch I don'twanit!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The movie did take that short abrupt left though. Wanda might be being controlled, but also the tonal shift of the movie was jarring and not in a good way. This felt like it was so spliced.
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

Honestly I was expecting some leaks to start to happen this morning anyways, that they give a rough idea of what is happening and it be more of a guide in what to expect, seeing the meme do not spoil on Twitter all over the place I have to agree and if one sought them like I have today that is fine cause it is by choosing to do so, you live with what you want to find out even if it’s ahead of time.

spoilers:
    Some of the main ones gave us impart the darker story I was expecting but a thing in the 3rd act mentioned in GenericUsername early SPOILER Tag with what is revealed put the actions Wanda takes into firm interest as well as the ending for Strange as well, well that gave allot to explain By the movies story itself, so while still concerning, I’m like “OK let’s see the entire context of the story in the theater like it should be.
    end of spoilers

Why they did what they did, and it can only be explained by seeing the whole thing, story, context, etc.

Of course still what we got from early leaks so far will upset fans and it make justified sense, but as long as we kept it ALL in SPOILER tags and vague outside of them then that be ok too, you can vent but it should be in the appropriate way to help save our other fellow fans from being spoiled and being giving leads when he didn’t ask for any.

We are after all an Appreciation Thread, not a SPOILER thread after all and we don’t let go of vital info unless give proper precautions right……….RIGHT? =\

BUT……That not what I am seeing this morning at all.

What I am reading, view, articles, Even Videos with details in what they are getting act with NO Warning of context leaks and guide to come to a conclusion when when allot of us did not ask unless we choose?!

I am asking WHAT The Heck is going on!?

Theories and early leaks are one thing yea, but what might be official leaks and plot points now that the full movie has premiered given SO FAST with many now Not in SPOILER Tags at all, What is Going ON?!

You may not like The movie and that is perfectly justified, but allot os us have a Right not to be spoiled or any of us unless we chooses that or to allow for another fellow fan to come to their own conclusion proper debate without being lead by spoilers. Yet, all these posts in our thread with Open Spoilers, how web have to think before we see one thing on screen about the movie.

Don’t others have a Right to that before being told and lead to a conclusion to get our chances to view and figure it out!?

Don’t I have a right!?

Honestly you all being upset it perfectly justified if that is what you come to conclusion to by this.

BUT My heart is heavy with disappointment today, not by the leaks, but by so much spoiled in the wrong ways.

SO Much has been SPOILED and I am surprised we have not been Locked as a thread already. SMH

I am just really disappointed today, not by the leaks, but HOW it all went about on our Thread.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-03-2022 at 11:33 AM.

spoilers:
    Haven't seen the movie yet but from all the spoilers I looked at this movie is damn bizarre. Like I'm not even talking about character assassination. This is almost a rehash of wandavision with her grief and all only Wanda's actions are much worse this time around. Have Waldron and Raimi ever seen wandavision because I can't see them moving forward with this script if they have. And Feige must have forgotten they did the show since I assume he must have looked at the script at least once. Strange seems to take a backseat in his own movie as well. I'm not sad or angry I'm just awestruck that such a story got made into a movie which doesn't push the titular characters arc forward much while simultaneously rehashing an important side characters story but only worse. That said I wanna see Wanda in the MCU again not because I like her current state but because there is nowhere to go but up for her character.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 05-04-2022 at 02:53 AM.