Page 200 of 456 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    While I don't consider Myself a Fan of His, I have seen some of his videos and while still I don't condole one or 2 choose words in this video, but he did give us this video today.

Take it as you consider;

I hope it's true and it makes sense, Wanda has become a very popular character. I know that her future might look bleak but I think she'll be fine, I mean who doesn't love a comeback. but keep the MoM team away from the movie though lol

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    The X-Men part is likely to happen after what Wanda did. It wouldn't be very exciting or much conflict without it.
    end of spoilers
    I disagree. spoilers:
    I don't think Wanda killing one mutant from an alternative universe is comparable to the stigma she carried for committing ''mutant genocide'' in her own reality in the comics. If the X-Men want to hunt her down just because of that, then wouldn't that also mean the Inhumans and the Fantastic Four of that universe would want the same? It's just unnecessary layers that the story doesn't need. An MCU adaptation of Children's Crusade needs to focus on rehabilitating Wanda in her own universe so she can find her way back to her friends and family, and setting up Doom as the next big bad. I think Latveria vs the Avengers is plenty of conflict without feeling the need to add multiverse stuff to it. Not every movie needs to be about that from now on.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well plus, what would be the aim there? She'd just kill the rest. I think they were just always planning on killing off anyone from these other universes. Both Loki and Spider-man made it clear that they need to get rid of these other universes to save the main universe. That the crossover destabilizes the one true timeline.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope it's true and it makes sense, Wanda has become a very popular character. I know that her future might look bleak but I think she'll be fine, I mean who doesn't love a comeback. but keep the MoM team away from the movie though lol
    The good thing is there will always be new writers, directors, etc.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Schaeffer had Wanda read the Darkhold to gain knowledge. But it's like Waldron thought, "women aren't interested in knowledge, only babies and kids", it's this notion that a female character only thinks about "female" things, whereas men are more concerned with the "important" things. It's like the attitudes lampooned in the classic Harry Enfield comedy skit "Women: Know Your Limits!" still persist.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Relugus; 05-05-2022 at 09:14 PM.

He's done his voice before on Superhero Squad. I loved that show. It was great fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Womb crazy is a sexist trope. It's longstanding. It's not a woman wanting children that is the issue with these portrayals. It's that it's the only thing she has. She doesn't have many friends or they aren't any focus in her life. She has nothing going on but this. I'm not the only one calling this out by far. And I am a woman, and one that can't have children. I've spent a lot of time dealing with sexist bs, so I know it when I see it. And yes, this is unfortunately it. She's not written as complicated. I really wish she were. She's got one motivation and one facet. That's it. Marvel and the MCU always could write her how they want. That doesn't make it not sexist. That doesn't make it good.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She did have more than her kids, she had a brother and a bf/husband and she lost both in battle.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    spoilers:
    The melodramatics never end in this thread, lmao! "She gets no humanization" what movie were you watching?????? Ultimately her actions are selfless and heroic. If you stop expecting an AU version of a character to bend to your whims and represent your every want and need for something you have absolutely no control over, you would be a lot happier. Expecting the MCU to be exactly like the comics is........like I don't even know what to say.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    FR, also did they miss the part where she was corrupted by the Darkhold?

And for those saying she's weak willed, it also corrupted Strange in both worlds.People mad because they didn't get their fanfic movie when Wandavision ended w/ her using the Darkhold
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    spoilers:
    She did have more than her kids, she had a brother and a bf/husband and she lost both in battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

And for those saying she's weak willed, it also corrupted Strange in both worlds.People mad because they didn't get their fanfic movie when Wandavision ended w/ her using the Darkhold
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm talking about in her depiction in ITMoM. But overall yeah, it's true too, because she still pretty much ended up alone. But at least with Jac, she had her actually talking and communicating with people and any actions she took were her own. Not influenced. My hope is that now that she breaks free, that they have her develop more outside of that.

I don't think she's weak willed because she was under the Darkhold's influence. At all. I just think Jac did a lot of work to make her not be a woman that goes out of control because of a lot of power and this did everything against that.
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ok.......I am honestly getting confused here now and I like an answer.

I am Getting Very Conflicting stories here, Some ARE say it was the Darkhold Possession her so it was not her actions, while others are saying no it was Wanda's actions not the Darkhold.

So which one is it?!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

spoilers:

I am Getting Very Conflicting stories here, Some ARE say it was the Darkhold Possession her so it was not her actions, while others are saying no it was Wanda's actions not the Darkhold.

So which one is it?!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wanda is corrupted by the Darkhold through out the movie and not the only one corrupted by dark magics, but because of that they have her go on a murder spree.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

So which one is it?!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She's corrupted. It's more of a 'deal with the devil' kind of scenario than 'possessed by an otherworldy force'. Chthon is mentioned but there isn't a larger 3rd party in play (yet) that is pushing Wanda to commit destruction. It's all in an effort to get her children back.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah it also doesn't come across like AD/HoM where she was clearly out of it either.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I guess it's kinda like the lifeforce retcon in a way. There is an external force messing up her head, but it's not a sentient being possessing her like when Chthon does it. That's also how it is when people read the Darkhold in the comics. Except that in the comics they go more full-on crazy while in the MCU they just go "evil" and ruthless.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-05-2022 at 09:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    spoilers:
    Schaeffer had Wanda read the Darkhold to gain knowledge. But it's like Waldron thought, "women aren't interested in knowledge, only babies and kids", it's this notion that a female character only thinks about "female" things, whereas men are more concerned with the "important" things. It's like the attitudes lampooned in the classic Harry Enfield comedy skit "Women: Know Your Limits!" still persist.
    end of spoilers
    Eh, to be fair, yes, she was reading the Darkhold to gain knowledge, but the WandaVision end specifically hinted that she heard her children, and something clicked for her after that. Now we can argue all we want about how the trajectory chosen by Waldron and Raimi wasn't the best for her (I'd agree), but it's not like they took the ''children as a motivation'' out of thin air. That post-credit scene made it pretty much impossible to ignore her kids. I think they were always going to be her motivation, and that was not a bad thing in and of itself. The problem was always going to be the execution.

My one complaint about the transition between both projects is that while in WandaVision she hears her kids crying for help, in DSITMOM spoilers:
    there is no sign that she believes they were endangered, unlike what some leaks had said. She just wants to be with her children from another universe, even though she KNOWS they already have a loving family there. You can explain her lack of kindness and empathy with the Darkhold, but still... what the hell happened with the children asking for help? Was that even her children? Was that the Darkhold playing tricks on her so she would peek into the multiverse? We don't know because the movie never tells exactly what happened after the post-credit scene. She's jut full evil next time we see her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Eh, to be fair, yes, she was reading the Darkhold to gain knowledge, but the WandaVision end specifically hinted that she heard her children, and something clicked for her after that. Now we can argue all we want about how the trajectory chosen by Waldron and Raimi wasn't the best for her (I'd agree), but it's not like they took the ''children as a motivation'' out of thin air. That post-credit scene made it pretty much impossible to ignore her kids. I think they were always going to be her motivation, and that was not a bad thing in and of itself. The problem was always going to be the execution.

My one complaint about the transition between both projects is that while in WandaVision she hears her kids crying for help, in DSITMOM spoilers:
    there is no sign that she believes they were endangered, unlike what some leaks had said. She just wants to be with her children from another universe, even though she KNOWS they already have a loving family there. You can explain her lack of kindness and empathy with the Darkhold, but still... what the hell happened with the children asking for help? Was that even her children? Was that the Darkhold playing tricks on her so she would peek into the multiverse? We don't know because the movie never tells exactly what happened after the post-credit scene. She's jut full evil next time we see her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's the child motivation that makes it bad, it's that it's all she's given. They should have just given her a season 2 or a solo to sort things out properly for her. And create more depth with the Darkhold/Chthon stuff that isn't just turn her into a cartoon baddie. But hopefully once another writer gets a hold of this, they pull her into something that goes into more depth and actually has her return to a basis of humanity with flaws. Like she was flawed in WandaVision and what she did wasn't great, but she still had the feeling of there was still someone in there that was still good. Just going through some bad stuff. And I hope they get all this reference to AD/HoM out of their system. I seriously hope next is Witches Road and then Darkhold. And they have her consume Chthon. Come on! He has it coming!
    end of spoilers