Page 222 of 456 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 6836

MCU parallaxed Wanda and finished the character assassination Bendis started. One of my favourite Avengers is now a mind controlling, mass murderer because she missed being a suburban wife.

Sigh.

I really liked gothic Wanda to be honest. Purely speaking from a visual perspective.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    MCU parallaxed Wanda and finished the character assassination Bendis started. One of my favourite Avengers is now a mind controlling, mass murderer because she missed being a suburban wife.

Sigh.
    A slow but deadly projectile that took 17 years to reach its victims lol.
    Guess we can wait for another decade to see the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I really liked gothic Wanda to be honest. Purely speaking from a visual perspective.
    Evolution Wanda was my first exposure to the character (and Agatha). Wanda was badass and wiped all the X-Men by herself in her first fight with them, and she did it all without being evil lol

Extraordinary Member

I honstly didn't like Evolution Wanda that much, especially after reading the writer's interview where he considered the comic Wanda boring so he just make her edgy goth girl.(The lack of her Avengers stories also doesn't help, it's not a proper environment for her.)
    All that being said, yeah, at least she got better treatment than MoM Wanda I guess, that's just such a lowbar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I was hoping they'd go more into the Darkhold and Chthonic lore, the Vishanti and all of that. What we were given was very basic to nothing. It could have had more depth. But it's a MCU movie and they seem to lack that for the most part.
    Strange didn’t even get to use the book of the Vishanti!

That it was so easily destroyed was disappointing. For all they good it did they could have left it out if this movie, since they had no time to develop it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is to Hoping the Agatha show might be about that, About Wanda's Starting Comeback and her getting with Agatha, learning from her. If that gets Annouced, it would be a guaranty Mega-Hit that might Break the Net, LOL.
    I don’t think Wanda will learn from Agatha. Unlike the comings MCU doesn’t keep people in Junior or apprentice roles for long. Plus Wanda took down an army of sorcerers. There’s nothing Agatha could teach her.

However, I could see Wanda appearing in Agatha, House of Harkness!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The AoS version was a bit different and they were able to create an entire alt universe with it. This in this universe it seems to act like a battery of sorts and make people mad with power. It wasn't clear if it fully possesses, but Wanda in the one part was definitely deformed. So I'd say that they are just making it that she was possessed. I wonder if they'll go with the aspect later that it has unleashed Chthon. And I don't believe the Darkhold has been destroyed. At all. Wanda will think that and then learn that it was just the copy for Chthon's spells. It doesn't stop him.

They could say Chthon got unleashed. Plus even if all copies of the Darkhold got destroyed, couldn’t someone just make a new copy? Or couldn’t Chthon himself make a new copy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honstly didn't like Evolution Wanda that much, especially after reading the writer's interview where he considered the comic Wanda boring so he just make her edgy goth girl.(The lack of her Avengers stories also doesn't help, it's not a proper environment for her.)
    All that being said, yeah, at least she got better treatment than MoM Wanda I guess, that's just such a lowbar.
    I hear you on that. XMen Evolution ignored that Wanda and her brother left the Brotherhood for the Avengers. So tbe twins remained villains fue far longer than they had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Strange didn’t even get to use the book of the Vishanti!

That it was so easily destroyed was disappointing. For all they good it did they could have left it out if this movie, since they had no time to develop it.
    Waldron cannot write proper fantasy elements for shit lol, it's already pretty obvious in Loki.
    MoM/Loki are just missed opportuniy to dwell more into mystical Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

I hear you on that. XMen Evolution ignored that Wanda and her brother left the Brotherhood for the Avengers. So tbe twins remained villains fue far longer than they had.
    More like they cannot leave since Avengers is not a thing in that universe and they will be stuck with X-Men/Magneto forever.
    Wolverine and the X-Men Wanda had the similar problem but at least she is better animated, written and voice acted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It is kinda nice on its own but given the entirety of the movie, it felt just like those cheap lips service given to her lol.
    The only hope I have is for the next creators to be more caring.
    Now it’s time to try to find out what the next plans for her are. Liz Olsen has mentioned wanting to be in X-Men movie.

A big problem is the MCU disassembled the Avengers, because a lot of high profile actors left. There seem to be no immediate plans to do another Avengers movie, though we may get a Young Avengers. Maybe Phase 5 will include an Avengers movie starring Lady Thor, Scarlet Witch, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Captain America, She Hulk, Winter Soldier. Or a young Avengers could include Yelena Belova, Patriot, Wiccan and Speed, Hawkeye, America Chavez, and Kid Lili.

Extraordinary Member

They could say Chthon got unleashed. Plus even if all copies of the Darkhold got destroyed, couldn’t someone just make a new copy? Or couldn’t Chthon himself make a new copy?
    Darkhold is not something everyone can make a copy of in regular inks and papers.
    Its words are branded upon the skin and flesh of other Elder Gods Chthon slaughtered(the flesh and skin part is a newer addition by Steve Orlando in Darkhold Alpha, before that Darkhold is still stated to have writings that are braned in fire, and the pages are indestructible.)
    Yes technically Chthon can just make another copy but that cheap the story will feel as a result?
    Even in 90s Darkhold Chthon can only spread new pages to Earth one by one, he is indeed sealed away with limited influence on Earth.

Honestly I hope they just ditch the whole Darkhold thing but keep Chthon, let him pull some plan B as the story/struggle for Wanda. Introduce Victoria Montesi as the girl who needs help or something lol, like America, but older and less of a damsel in distress, but still need the help of more experienced magic users.(In comics it's Stephen/Agatha/Wanda/Modred.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Now it’s time to try to find out what the next plans for her are. Liz Olsen has mentioned wanting to be in X-Men movie.

A big problem is the MCU disassembled the Avengers, because a lot of high profile actors left. There seem to be no immediate plans to do another Avengers movie, though we may get a Young Avengers. Maybe Phase 5 will include an Avengers movie starring Lady Thor, Scarlet Witch, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Captain America, She Hulk, Winter Soldier. Or a young Avengers could include Yelena Belova, Patriot, Wiccan and Speed, Hawkeye, America Chavez, and Kid Lili.
    I would rather not really, I just hope for a quick and self-contained stories before they got even more shitty ideas.
    Wanda is already lucky to survive this long, good and thoughtful writing for her is the exception, not the rule.