Page 228 of 456 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honstly didn't like Evolution Wanda that much, especially after reading the writer's interview where he considered the comic Wanda boring so he just make her edgy goth girl.(The lack of her Avengers stories also doesn't help, it's not a proper environment for her.)
    All that being said, yeah, at least she got better treatment than MoM Wanda I guess, that's just such a lowbar.
    LMAO I didn't know the writer said that but it was the Y2K era where goth, edgy The Craft-esque witches were in. Though the original Charmed and Sabrina The Teenage Witch were also big and featured more traditional witches. Interesting how all of these witch properties are back again leading up to Wanda skyrocketing in popularity.

Speaking of Evo Wanda, fanart by Yuno

Short-haired Wanda will never not be weird to me.

Extraordinary Member

I mean Abnett Wanda is fine to me I guess.

Ok so now that I have seen the movie gotta say Lizzie ate but I do have critiques I feel a lot of agency was lost & almost nothing was gained & that goes for like the entire movie like with all the characters IMO.

How ‘Doctor Strange 2’ failed Scarlet Witch by telling yet another sexist Marvel story
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ho...BingNewsSearch

They are trying to sell this pop socket for $22 lol. WTH? I feel that's taking advantage now. https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1524086918060859397
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Do you guys happen to know when wanda will be available in the mobile game future revolution?

UPDATE: never mind, got my answer, maintenance is tonight!
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-10-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

One thing that occurred to me is that even though the story of this movie is obviously Avengers Disassembled (poor Strange... his second movie isn't even based on his own stories), Wanda's behavior was more like "Darker Than Scarlet." In that story she was influenced by Immortus, in this story by the Darkhold, but both times she suddenly turned into this very over-the-top, campy villain rather than the living prop she was in Avengers Disassembled and House of M.

Maybe that was conscious on Raimi's part, since he's said he read Marvel comics up to the early '90s and, like Bendis, the Byrne "West Coast Avengers" run might be something he picked up. Or maybe it was just Elizabeth Olsen's decision to play this version of Wanda like she was a totally different person, so we could sort of imagine she's being possessed even though the script doesn't say so.

For some reason even though Byrne arguably did more lasting damage to Wanda and Vision than even Bendis did, I don't hate Vision Quest/Darker Than Scarlet as much as Bendis's stories. Maybe because Byrne's story is too goofy to take seriously and no one thinks he actually intended Wanda to stay like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok so now that I have seen the movie gotta say Lizzie ate but I do have critiques I feel a lot of agency was lost & almost nothing was gained & that goes for like the entire movie like with all the characters IMO.
    Yeah, even people who hate Wanda from WandaVision aren't arguing this is a good script. Wanda's sudden personality change is just one of the many problems. Take Wanda out of it and it still doesn't give Strange much to do in his own movie, or America any personality (though I think Gomez is the second-best performance in the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Do you guys happen to know when wanda will be available in the mobile game future revolution?

I'm pretty excited for this!

Unfortunately it will take 8 hours so playing a bit in the morning is all I will be able to manage before going to work. Im really interested which costumes they chose for her. From the trailer we only know about her default All-New look and her MoM version.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Unfortunately it will take 8 hours so playing a bit in the morning is all I will be able to manage before going to work. Im really interested which costumes they chose for her. From the trailer we only know about her default All-New look and her MoM version.
    I’m so happy, I’ll finally be able to inject some proper scarlet witch goodness into my daily routine
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I’m so happy, I’ll finally be able to inject some proper scarlet witch goodness into my daily routine
    I can't wait to see all the costumes. I hope there are a lot of good ones. I've been collecting boxes.

so I just saw the movie. It wasnt great but imho it wasnt as terrible as some say. Wanda was no worse than Strange overall in the end -and she ofc repented as has been stated everywhere pretty much. To the kills, well Stephen had his own and in the end it seems millions on his hands vs Wanda's handful but won't say any more than that. So if she is just fine in the redemptive territory. It wasn't however a great followup to WV by any stretch and pretty damn sexist. Lizzie acted the hell out of it tho and stole the show. personally from ending i think there's def more in store for SW in the MCU. BTW if it hadn't been for the hard to understand line spoken by actual mom Wanda near end was so important to the movie. JUST FYI for any who haven't seen it make sure you are prepped for that as its really hard to understand and fairly essential. Wish i'd known ahead of time. She will recover from this btw - just a shame it was such a troped and lazily done script by obviously male egos when it had all the background and foundation to be awesome instead of an obvious attempt at shock and action without nearly enough substance or depth. it totally lacked any beauty or grace relating to WV. Lizzie had to bring that all on her own and carry it alone for the most part. tried to keep this spoiler free except for the essential line part yet give those who haven't seen it hope and some pointers to watch for as the whole world basically knows about the plot twist. Stephen's one vs her handful seems all there is at first but then you realize he way outclasses her in the lives taken dept - you just don't see on screen. You have to realize it after the fact.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Pink View Post
    so I just saw the movie. It wasnt great but imho it wasnt as terrible as some say. Wanda was no worse than Strange overall in the end -and she ofc repented as has been stated everywhere pretty much. To the kills, well Stephen had his own and in the end it seems millions on his hands vs Wanda's handful but won't say any more than that. So if she is just fine in the redemptive territory. It wasn't however a great followup to WV by any stretch and pretty damn sexist. Lizzie acted the hell out of it tho and stole the show. personally from ending i think there's def more in store for SW in the MCU. BTW if it hadn't been for the hard to understand line spoken by actual mom Wanda near end was so important to the movie. JUST FYI for any who haven't seen it make sure you are prepped for that as its really hard to understand and fairly essential. Wish i'd known ahead of time. She will recover from this btw - just a shame it was such a troped and lazily done script by obviously male egos when it had all the background and foundation to be awesome instead of an obvious attempt at shock and action without nearly enough substance or depth. it totally lacked any beauty or grace relating to WV. Lizzie had to bring that all on her own and carry it alone for the most part. tried to keep this spoiler free except for the essential line part yet give those who haven't seen it hope and some pointers to watch for as the whole world basically knows about the plot twist. Stephen's one vs her handful seems all there is at first but then you realize he way outclasses her in the lives taken dept - you just don't see on screen. You have to realize it after the fact.
    Hellow Red&Pink, Welcome to The Scarlet Witch CBR Appreciation Thread, It is Nice to Meet you and Have you Here!

BTW I Really Like Your Avatar as well, That has been Such a Great Look for Wanda and it is good to see her in Avatar Form being used more and more!

I like your personal and in-depth both analysis of the Move, Espically trying hard to not give spoilers and honeslty most of what you said is not a spoiler much anymore, but if you feel uncertain just put it in Tags to help.

I also enjoy your breakdown of lizzie's Acting, how Wanda will Rise Up form this to a comeback and mostly to say warnings before you go into seeing the movie.

I have not seen it yet and so far I have no plans to, but the more I get posts like this the more it helps me to understand the movie for me and allot of us, Thank You. :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

They've done a huge reveal of Wanda's costumes and moves in Marvel Future Revolution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6YcyZvgrM

Most notable costumes are her current comics costume, Red Zone/Disassembled, Young Avengers (which is a take on UA), they have a version of the look for her when she's possessed by Chthon, their usual regional costumes and ITMoM.

She seems to have a lot of status effects.

All of the costumes I could capture from the stream
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-10-2022 at 06:18 PM.