Page 234 of 456 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 6836
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It doesn’t need details. It’s perfect. Good design is when you can make something simple work. The detailed headpiece balances the more simple/elegant dress.
    Very True, , Either Way I am Happy it exists and just hopefully she has a Good amount of time given to her at the Gala and Development to that is good.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

It doesn’t need details. It’s perfect. Good design is when you can make something simple work. The detailed headpiece balances the more simple/elegant dress.
    I just like my mages to wear magic symbols or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She has symbols on her hip. It works.

I means she wears 8 rings. In Fantasy RPGs you would be OP by wearing 8 magical rings
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-12-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Doctor Strange 2: Scarlet Witch Ear Headbands Set Online Sale Date
    https://comicbook.com/gear/news/doct...ine-sale-date/

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

She has symbols on her hip. It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I means she wears 8 rings. In Fantasy RPGs you would be OP wearing by 8 magical rings
    You are Right about the Rings Indeed Galerion and theses are Some Magical Rings, Wanda is The Magical Bell of the Hellfire Ball!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange 2: Scarlet Witch Ear Headbands Set Online Sale Date
    https://comicbook.com/gear/news/doct...ine-sale-date/
    Is this a re-release? Because they already had these on their store and they sold out immediately. Now they are all on ebay for up to four times the price.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I means she wears 8 rings. In Fantasy RPGs you would be OP wearing by 8 magical rings
    Hopefully they give a lot of crit damage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Long time no talk. Hope everybody here enjoyed MoM (I haven't seen it yet). Life got busy in the past few months, but since Strange 2 came out I drifted back onto these forums. I'm happy Wanda gained even more popularity from the latest MCU movie (though I have heard that the handoff from the small screen to the big screen wasn't all that smooth). I read Olsen saying that she really missed doing press with Bettany. I'm interested in Strange 2, but I figured Lizzie would be happier interacting with Bettany, Hahn, ATJ and/or Peters. To ME, once Wanda is sort of on her own without her man, her witchy mentor and her grumpy brother, I sort of lose a bit of interest in her. I feel the same way about her in the comic books too. Out of all the shows and movies in the MCU, I think the trio of Olsen, Hahn and Bettany are the three actors/actresses who actually really get along the most outside of work. So I hope Disney brings them back together sometime in the future.

Remember folks on this thread were unhappy with the notion that whenever Wanda used magic, she aged a little? Like in her solo book. I think I was the only one on here who thought that was a really interesting concept (though not entirely an original one) and Marvel should do something with the idea in the movies. I guess the actress who plays the Scarlet Witch agrees with me!:

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/05/e...et-witch-rwb1/

I also think it would be hilarious if Strange in the movies has to literally eat demon vomit in order to use his magic.

In all seriousness, I'm a little bit surprised there's been sort of a backlash against the MCU using "time travel" and "multiverses" in their stories excessively. I thought most fans loved this kind of thing. I think Marvel Studios CAN do these kind of stories right, but they have to do a better job of explaining the "rules". Not sure if they did that in the MoM. I don't think they did a good job of it in Endgame and Loki, unfortunately. That's why I'm kinda worried about the Young Avengers stories that the MCU might adapt. Apparently they're full of time travel and I'm not even sure if the time travel in them is the same kind of time travel that is used in the MCU. Sigh. I really hope Feige and company know what they're doing with their new productions. I have a lot of confidence in Feige, but if the movies/shows try to ape the comic books, I think audiences will eventually lose interest in the MCU. It's not too late to slow things down.

While she certainly enjoyed this surprising boon and turn of events at the moment, when Wong confronted her about it she outright rejected it and said she only cares about being with her kids.

This a good moment though to vent how frustrating it is how many people bring in outside knowledge or catchphrases they don't even really know the meaning of and incorrectly apply it to the material at hand.

For example this entire nexus being thing that I see people bring up all the time and it drives me insane when people do since it's an entirely made up construct that is even contradicted by the source material. There are other Wandas in other universes and there are other Darkholds too. Therefore it's entirely possible that there are other universes where their respective Wanda did take up their birthright and went to rule over everything as the Scarlet Witch just like there are ones who went to have a family life.

Not to mention that it's impossible to physically travel the multiverse without the power of a single teenage anomaly. Dream walking is only a temporary type of possession that requires constant upkeep. Not to mention that all of this risks the destruction of universes through incursions which are real and we have seen how that looks like. You cannot be a ruler of the multiverse no matter what with the rules that we have been shown. A Scarlet Witch could bully her way through most opposition at whatever place she currently would be but never more than that.
    The original definition of a Nexus beings is that its a person that exists in very timeline. The notion that there is only one version of a nexus is a recent and random misconception.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-12-2022 at 11:31 AM.

And I've also heard that some folks were upset that certain characters from WandaVision didn't show up in the MoM. I actually don't blame the writers and directors for not including them. First of all, actors and actresses have other projects they're probably committed to so Disney can't always use them (another good reason why I think Marvel Studios should have delayed their projects as COVID lessened in intensity). Secondly, why should a STRANGE movie have more Wanda-related characters be part of it? That's the problem I had with the Hawkeye show. It started out as a series about Clint and Kate. But it's been confirmed that the bigwigs at Marvel Studios introduced Kingpin into the Hawkeye DURING production and it definitely to me (unnecessarily) complicated the show by adding more characters and storylines. And it made Echo's introduction really awkward (to me). A more smoother introduction would have built up anticipation for the new Echo series. That's a lot of pressure on a young actress with virtually NO acting experience and is going to be the face of the Native American community in the MCU. But I think it'll probably be a crowded DAREDEVIL show anyways.

What I'm trying to say is that if they wanted to continue the Scarlet Witch's story on the big screen, bring her franchise's characters in for her OWN show or movie. I hope Feige and his team understand that it's hard to keep up with so many characters and storylines at the same time. Comic book fans are used to this, but I'm not sure MCU followers are. Marvel Studios DEFINITELY seemed to understand this in earlier phases. As I said before, it's not too late to fix things.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-12-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The problem is not that they didn't have WandaVision characters, but that they pretended WandaVision never happened and what they did say about it, they got wrong (like Wanda's kids not being real, or Wanda's motivation for going after her kids).

It's just, at very best, a waste of the character and all we can hope is she gets into something better as soon as possible, but that might not be for another two years. Meanwhile we're stuck with no Wanda in comics and no Wanda in the MCU, since the character in Multiverse of Madness is totally out of character, just like Wanda isn't actually in House of M, just a writer's mistaken idea about what she's like.

A bleak time, but hopefully it can't get any worse for her in the MCU. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The problem is not that they didn't have WandaVision characters, but that they pretended WandaVision never happened and what they did say about it, they got wrong (like Wanda's kids not being real, or Wanda's motivation for going after her kids).

It's just, at very best, a waste of the character and all we can hope is she gets into something better as soon as possible, but that might not be for another two years. Meanwhile we're stuck with no Wanda in comics and no Wanda in the MCU, since the character in Multiverse of Madness is totally out of character, just like Wanda isn't actually in House of M, just a writer's mistaken idea about what she's like.

A bleak time, but hopefully it can't get any worse for her in the MCU. Hopefully.
    I haven't watched the movie, but I thought Wanda went after her kids because they were begging her to come save them at the end of WandaVision. So I assumed in the movie the boys would be in trouble judging from the finale of WandaVision. Or maybe the evil book she was reading was just messing with her.

I KNEW the transition from television to the movies could be problematic. I'm just saying having too many characters in any MCU project unnecessarily bloats things. As I said before, I have no idea who this America Chavez character is. I'm not even sure if she's magical. What I do know is that there's a pretty good chance she was a McGuffin in the MoM. And those can be underwhelming kind of characters. And again, the actress who plays her is SO young with SO little experience, and she's the first Latina superhero in the MCU. That's a LOT of pressure on a kid who is supposed to be a face of a big community in the MCU. Her debut should be sensitively handled. I hope viewers were accepting of her (and I feel the same way for the Echo actress as well).

I'm okay with Lizzie taking a bit of a break from the MCU. She's been in two HUGE projects in two consecutive years. Give the girl a break. I'm happy she might get a solo movie in the future, but she ALREADY got a show AND a movie to star in the past two years. Quite a few characters have been in the MCU for longer than Olsen has and they haven't got ANY vehicles to star in yet. So I'm okay with waiting. At this point, I don't care if her "stans" are upset about that. I'm still holding out hope that Feige will give Olsen a good story to work with. You could say she might have "peaked" as a character in WandaVision. It'll be hard to top that.

I will say this. I have hardly heard Benedict Cumberbatch interacting with the media all that much in the wake of Strange 2. He CLEARLY was proud of his work in the Power of the Dog and he let people know about it. But he's been pretty quiet. I think Elizabeth Olsen is getting FAR more press coverage than he is. I think that's a problem. He's been overshadowed and I wouldn't blame him if he was pissed. Personally, I think Wanda will stick around for a bit. As long as Agatha and White Vision are in the MCU, she will be too. However, judging from her latest interview in the New York Times, Olsen seemed pretty upset her Marvel contract prevented her from doing projects that were more aligned with her interests and that the Marvel movie magic is "lost on her" now. I DON'T recall Olsen talking like that after doing WandaVision. In fact, Olsen, Hahn and Bettany had nothing but good things to say about WandaVision. To me that says a lot.

I wonder where the first place that Wanda's actions/fate will be referenced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder where the first place that Wanda's actions/fate will be referenced.
    Maybe nowhere. It's not like MCU movies refer to each other's events all that much. WandaVision is literally the only place where Wanda's brother has been mentioned since he died.

I assume she'll be mentioned in Agatha: House of Harkness if she doesn't make an appearance (I hope she will, but it's certainly not guaranteed) but I doubt we'll hear much about her until then.