Page 238 of 456 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 6836

The only justification for what was done with Wanda is that it will play into a bigger issue down the line which we have yet to seen. I think they could have had her be the villian but switched up how it was done. I think a more palatable twist is if we found out that a Scarlet Witch from another 838 was influencing her. 838 SW had become completely corrupted by the Darkhold but was defeated by the heroes of that universe and imprisoned in some pocket dimension where her magic was useless. When our Wanda started using the Darkhold at the end of WV, she was able to connect to 838 SW whom then found a way to influence her. From there her mission would be to find the source of ultimate power and she needed America Chavez so she could gain the power to cross dimensions and free 838 SW. At that moment 838 SW would turn on her and try to steal her power to buff herself and Wanda and the other heroes would join forces to take her out. Alot of the same beats that happened in DS2 could still occur, just we wouldnt have the sloppily handled children angle.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    By her little corner I mean something that includes her closest associates, she still needs supporting cast.
    Aside from the obvious, they can still use characters like Modred the Mystic or Victoria Montesi.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Miss Olsen is a Treasure and it was honestly thanks to her that it was not worst when she refused to do more dark stories in the movies.

As for backlash as you put it I am figuring it is going to increase now that the hype for the movie is dying down and the beginnings of honest assessments of the movie can begin. By the sounding Miss Olsen did carry the movie but it should no excuse bad writing or char development and it should not be let go.

These are the times for fans to keep on the pressure and ask fundamental yet respectful questions using the tools at our disposal to make sure we want better for Wanda in the MCU.
    You are definitely right, I do have to confess I usually leave the “interacting with creators” part to the people that actually know how to do it in the correct way, sadly I lack the skill and the finesse required to embark in such endeavor.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The only justification for what was done with Wanda is that it will play into a bigger issue down the line which we have yet to seen. I think they could have had her be the villian but switched up how it was done. I think a more palatable twist is if we found out that a Scarlet Witch from another 838 was influencing her. 838 SW had become completely corrupted by the Darkhold but was defeated by the heroes of that universe and imprisoned in some pocket dimension where her magic was useless. When our Wanda started using the Darkhold at the end of WV, she was able to connect to 838 SW whom then found a way to influence her. From there her mission would be to find the source of ultimate power and she needed America Chavez so she could gain the power to cross dimensions and free 838 SW. At that moment 838 SW would turn on her and try to steal her power to buff herself and Wanda and the other heroes would join forces to take her out. Alot of the same beats that happened in DS2 could still occur, just we wouldnt have the sloppily handled children angle.
    I don't have doubts that they will redeem her. They already have the out with the Darkhold. It's just that the story was not good. It turns her into a cartoonish villain and then Waldron tries to excuse it all. And maybe it's just that he wants to keep a job. But also Phase 4 has a HUGE issue with how it's treating female characters. And people are starting to notice and speak up about that. https://twitter.com/Robertdoc1984/st...65009554264065

I wanted more for her, for Strange, for every character in the movie and I think all of them suffered for the sake of spectacle. Which is what some of the worst comics do. And they usually have good art in those terrible comics. This had good costumes. It's a commercialized event basically.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much everything they did could have been written off as a Wanda variant. As others have pointed out, Wanda possessing her equivalents in other universes is exactly like Lore in her comic mini, though at this point I suspect it was a coincidence.

They were just bound and determined that "our" Wanda had to be the evil one, and they were too stubborn to change course.

You know speaking of variants, another way Wanda was done dirty in this film is that her multiversal equivalent had no personality and nothing to do. She spent most of her screen time possessed by main Wanda and had no characteristics other than being a mom. There was nothing for Elizabeth Olsen to play there.

You wanted an extra 30 minutes showing her daily routine or something?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    No, I just wanted to know who she was, what her personality is, just give the actor an excuse to play a version of the character she hasn't played before. MCU Wanda is defined as the person who loses everyone she ever loves, so what would she be like if she were actually happy? We didn't really get a chance to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Have friends, have a life outside of tragedy. You know the things regular people get and have. I don't think a well rounded person or character should be that difficult to imagine. Especially since it's not alien to storytelling at all. It was actually a hallmark for Marvel for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't have doubts that they will redeem her. They already have the out with the Darkhold. It's just that the story was not good. It turns her into a cartoonish villain and then Waldron tries to excuse it all. And maybe it's just that he wants to keep a job. But also Phase 4 has a HUGE issue with how it's treating female characters. And people are starting to notice and speak up about that. https://twitter.com/Robertdoc1984/st...65009554264065

I wanted more for her, for Strange, for every character in the movie and I think all of them suffered for the sake of spectacle. Which is what some of the worst comics do. And they usually have good art in those terrible comics. This had good costumes. It's a commercialized event basically.
    Well, there's Kate Bishop and Layla in MK at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there's Kate Bishop and Layla in MK at least...
    Which are sadly countered by several bad examples. Especially since they made Agatha, Wanda and Sharon all villains.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Which are sadly countered by several bad examples. Especially since they made Agatha, Wanda and Sharon all villains.
    I would not consider Wanda in that category, by the ending and the Darkhold stuff she is still in the tragic/used hero position. The hope needs to be now with enough blowback and desire for her to come back cause Wanda’s popularity is still really high that they a comeback story arc.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I would not consider Wanda in that category, by the ending and the Darkhold stuff she is still in the tragic/used hero position. The hope needs to be now with enough blowback and desire for her to come back cause Wanda’s popularity is still really high that they a comeback story arc.
    Kind of, but it feels like an apology for having a full movie of no agency and cartoon villainy. It doesn't feel like a desirable end. Because it's not really a conclusion. She doesn't really get redeemed. It feels half-hearted.

Her popularity could save her, and I hope it does. I do expect them to redeem her. But part of that has to be giving her an actual story. Not just handwaving it. She has to be able to become wiser and understand corrupted magics, overcome Chthon, have something to her characterization other than just her children, etc. We basically need someone writing her like Jac that cares about her as a character and not just about her powers.

I mean, I definitely agree. I'd even say I had my issues with Kate Bishop when they just had her blow people up like she's been doing it for years or just calmly accepting her mentor played judge, jury, and executioner, and Layla's effectively an OC in Moon Knight, but still...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Kind of, but it feels like an apology for having a full movie of no agency and cartoon villainy. It doesn't feel like a desirable end. Because it's not really a conclusion. She doesn't really get redeemed. It feels half-hearted.

Her popularity could save her, and I hope it does. I do expect them to redeem her. But part of that has to be giving her an actual story. Not just handwaving it. She has to be able to become wiser and understand corrupted magics, overcome Chthon, have something to her characterization other than just her children, etc. We basically need someone writing her like Jac that cares about her as a character and not just about her powers.
    I call it a basic, just bare to hold the character from going full villain route by the end of the movie, it is bare but enough to keep her out of the villain club at least. When you show what you will do when yourself aka destroy the source of the evil that gives us and future writers a key at a good start and keeping the core of who Wanda can be when not under evil influence and corruption.

It was a mini save from a route that was rumor to may have been in other scripts too.

As for the story yea a VERY Close eye will be needed now by fans to have the right story and truthful production team in where to take her. That will require work to keep our eyes on it and the popularity to show we as fans want better and Wanda is your best seller, don’t do her dirty and lose that.

But mostly show Miss Olsen we want her to stay and start to fox the story with her and hopefully gave the freedom to do other projects.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I have no confidence in them any more when it comes to this character. Because what would they have done if her show hadn't been popular? Put her on ice for a few years until they need her again for Young Avengers or something like that. Which of course would mirror her treatment in the comics, where they kicked her out, spoke of her only as their crazy friend who fell from grace, and then finally brought her back when they were ready do do that Young Avengers story.

If she does get her solo project (and that's still not guaranteed, obviously, though it's certainly likely), it won't change the fact that they didn't care about keeping her usable, just like they didn't care about Sharon Carter and had her turn evil offscreen the exact same way.