Page 274 of 456 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The creator of "WandaVision" did say she originally considered having an element of that in Wanda's sitcom, but it was in the early drafts and didn't make it into the final version.

As for the comics, well, we all know the writers forgot about that aspect of her story long ago.
    I don't think they forgot it in comics. It's just more attached to her being Romani than mutant now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I've been thinking about otherism as a recurring theme in Wanda's past stories. It's central to her backstory, where angry villagers attacked her & her family out of superstitious fear, and her romance with Vision turned into a metaphor for interracial marriage.

It's insane to me that they haven't capitalised on that again, as even the most hackneyed writers can whip up stories about acceptance overcoming prejudice. It's easy woke points! But I guess the problem is, it requires reading those older Wanda stories, which even a lot of comic "experts" haven't (or just haven't really paid attention to Wanda).
    It also puts her too much into a favorable light I guess.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-22-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Spectacular Member

What happened to her dark smoke effect in her magic in MoM anyway? since she's the villain i would expect to see it went darker

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    What happened to her dark smoke effect in her magic in MoM anyway? since she's the villain i would expect to see it went darker
    It's been said many times, but: this movie's story was mostly developed before Sam Raimi even knew WandaVision existed, and most everything in "WandaVision" is either not mentioned or contradicted.

So her new "spontaneous creation" powers from the show are never mentioned (except maybe the orchard with Strange, and even that could just be an illusion), and in all the fights she's just back to her old telepathic/telekinetic power set. It's not surprising that it loses the "WandaVision" effect.

Unfortunately we may not see any of the "WandaVision" stuff again until we get her back with that creative team (which is currently busy with the Agatha Harkness spinoff).

So multiverse of madness is doing good...?

Just passed 800M at the box office.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

That I think is supposed to be the point, what happen to Wanda in the Movie is that she is not truly a villian but corrupted by the power and influence of the darkhold which lead to her actions in the movie as well as far worst action by Stranges in other Universes. When the end of MoM happens Wanda has been broken from from its influence and destroys the temple to set free all other universes form Darkhold influence. So we easy see that Wanda is herself again and why we see Red Mist is that that is her true self and powers not the Darkhold powers.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So multiverse of madness is doing good...?

Just passed 800M at the box office.
    It's doing good, not as good as the most popular MCU movies, but not as bad as the least popular (which I guess would be Eternals), and it also hasn't had any other blockbusters to compete with for the last two weeks, but it will make money if not necessarily a billion.

That seems about right. It's not as popular as a good movie would have been (the lower-than usual CinemaScore rating shows that audiences don't find it a big crowd pleaser), but most people aren't going to see it for character development or even story, they just want to have fun.

I guess Wanda fans can say that she's the reason it didn't fail -- which considering she's the most-praised performance in a movie that doesn't give any of the characters a lot to do, may actually be true -- but it would have done better if they had allowed her to team up with Strange like most people wanted. Either way we win...

Even if the movie butchered Wanda's arc with some lazy evil book corruption that could have been written better IMO, i hope the movie doing good, helps Wanda get another project about her and maybe with the WandaVision writers this time again.

I find odd that the social media debate of Wanda doing evil stuff in the movie is norwhere near the debate that was the final episode of WandaVision where it actually show Wanda as an antihero who was hurting other innocent people but decided to stop it and give up her dream life.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-22-2022 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's doing good, not as good as the most popular MCU movies, but not as bad as the least popular (which I guess would be Eternals), and it also hasn't had any other blockbusters to compete with for the last two weeks, but it will make money if not necessarily a billion.

That seems about right. It's not as popular as a good movie would have been (the lower-than usual CinemaScore rating shows that audiences don't find it a big crowd pleaser), but most people aren't going to see it for character development or even story, they just want to have fun.

I guess Wanda fans can say that she's the reason it didn't fail -- which considering she's the most-praised performance in a movie that doesn't give any of the characters a lot to do, may actually be true -- but it would have done better if they had allowed her to team up with Strange like most people wanted. Either way we win...
    Either way it is only doing good cause of Wanda's Performance which career's it and it is not doing as well cause it is devise keeping usally fans like me from seeing it or other fans that have seen it from seeing it more then a few times.

I only saw Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Spider-Man: NWH each 1 time in the theaters but that was cause to Covid. Endgame I saw 3-4 times in theater, Spider-Man: FFH I think 2 times, Star War: TRoS 3 Times and Recently Sonic 2 Twices in the theaters. If a Movie without current health events stopping it, is enjoyable to a degree without much divisivness then we all will go see it at least more then 1 time, that is why it can be doing good, but not a great cause of the not as many seeing it 1 time at least or more so multiple times in theathers.

Also not being in China and other countries does not help either.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The movie was such a hilarious hack job that it's difficult for me to take it seriously.

I think the movie has a chance to do a billion depending if Disney keeps it on the theaters for a bit longer or just end with 900M or 950M.

The first week of june another blockbuster like Jurassic World will hit theaters.

Even if the movie butchered Wanda's arc with some lazy evil book corruption that could have been written better IMO, i hope the movie doing good, helps Wanda get another project about her and maybe with the WandaVision writers this time again.

I find odd that the sociial media debate of Wanda doing evil stuff in the movie is norwhere near the debate that was the final episode of WandaVision where it actually show Wanda as an antihero who was hurting other innocent people but decided to stop it and gave up her dream life.
    I think cause A.) The Movie is so Controveraly written and badly that many don't take it as seriously, B.) It did not follow WandaVision so it is considered a messy of a continuing story and mostly C.)The Bad Actions of Wanda can be chalked up to an Evil Book/Evil Possession story, which leaves out much guitiness on Wanda's part cause her actions are not her own, it seems the movie sounds like it made sure to make that a point, espically by her actions by the end of the movie and the story of Other Stanges with the Darkhold, AKA making the real villian of the story an Evil Book it seems.

That why it seem easier to bring her back then might have been orinally worried cause of the possession story and just how messy it was in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The movie was such a hilarious hack job that it's difficult for me to take it seriously.
    Indeed very much GenericUsername.

Also a Messy Job that does not even take its own canon seriously, if you don''t follow the story of what the Shows did before, why should fans even bother with the shows?! I think Marvel Studios really needs to think about this going forward to not undercut their own projects.

I think the movie has a chance to do a billion depending how Disnet keeps it on the theaters for a bit longer or just end with 900M or 950M.
    Indeed by this time in an MCU movie run we are reaching from the struggling times of making money, it will be slowing making it and dipping further with bigger name movies for the summer now competing with it(The FireStarter Remake was a bust, but I am not suprised by that LOL), it will be nickel and diming it way higher now like we keep seeing with Endgame whiched showed much better longterm legs to do so.

I consider it worse than Original Sin.

Extraordinary Member

They kinda forget about it.