Page 319 of 456 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 6836
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is what I have been taking about with as I said in my last post, my LCS friend is getting tired of with Marvel, in the Comics mostly Wiccan. This never ending obsesstion of pushing to newer or lower ranked characters so hard when the public is just not getting into them. I want all charcters to succeed, they all have fanbases, but pushing when their is little audiance or now seems against the grain that just after a few issues it gets cancelled, I just don't get why Marvel is now for years obssesd with this form of business that is making less money for them.

If they want to push new characters that is good, but it need a major re-thinking how to do it. They need to get thier classics and A-Listers ahead 1st to front the comics and build from thier to get C-Listers and Newer characters to rise up.

I don't want to get to over hopeful over this, but now that I know Quesada is now gone, maybe we will get some finally rolling justice for Wanda and other Classic Characters like Janet, Vision, Clint and others.
    Depends if you think all their classic characters are now worthy of the spotlight. After all there are classic characters still with plenty of spotlight and there is usually a good reason for this compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Depends if you think all their classic characters are now worthy of the spotlight. After all there are classic characters still with plenty of spotlight and there is usually a good reason for this compared to others.
    I think the only reason is usually they use the characters that they want. But I keep hoping that Wanda and Jan end up back on the main team again. It's been a long time for both of them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

And how did it do disservice to either character. I suppose you’re one of these people who think Wanda shouldn’t be a villain even though there was an external influence on her, and it’s somewhat true to her character at points in the past.
    I'm one that feels that's a tired trope. But I'd have accepted it if it were at least her trying to save her own sons, and not kidnap someone else's. And cheesy horror isn't really my thing. I'd have liked it more if it were the gothic horror they mentioned it being at Comic-con.

And how did it do disservice to either character. I suppose you’re one of these people who think Wanda shouldn’t be a villain even though there was an external influence on her, and it’s somewhat true to her character at points in the past.
    It wouldn't be that terrible if the movie had a better corruption plot, a better motive for her but still being the villain, fight scenes were lackluster as well as her powerset was basically the same as IW/EG with some new tricks.

Strange didn't shine either after how good his fight with Thanos was.

She did far more in WandaVision with her reality warping than in the movie where she was supposed to be studying magic, teleporting, freeze time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It wouldn't be that terrible if the movie had a better corruption plot, a better motive for her but still being the villain, fight scenes were lackluster as well as her powerset was basically the same as IW/EG with some new tricks.

She did far more in WandaVision with her reality warping than in the movie where she was supposed to be studying magic, teleporting, freeze time etc.
    Yeah I really feel like neither had benefited, and it all would have been better if they had given us a season two of Wanda's show or her own movie.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'm trying to complain less about Wanda in MoM (because everyone knows the complaints already) but when the full plot leaked on Reddit last summer, one reason people couldn't believe it was not just what it did to Wanda (because let's face it, writers treat her that way a lot), but that Strange seemed like a bystander in his own movie. Surely they wouldn't approve a script where Strange is just standing around reacting to whatever Wanda is doing, and doesn't really do something proactive until rather late in the film?

But it was true. Cumberbatch also said in a podcast that he was wondering "do I have a character arc in this?" and we were wondering if it was true or just a joke... but it clearly was not. You can see them straining to give him more of an arc in bits and pieces, probably in stuff added in reshoots, but it's not really Strange's story once Raimi and Waldron decided to make the entire movie about Wanda pursuing this girl.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, yeah, we are back to "true to that specific comic" argument. And having an excuse in story doesn't equal good writing.
    I am one of those people who prefer not to see her stuffed with stinky tropes. Also I prefer more efficient storytelling and careful usage of her lore elements than whatever MoM is.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-19-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, I'm trying to complain less about Wanda in MoM (because everyone knows the complaints already) but when the full plot leaked on Reddit last summer, one reason people couldn't believe it was not just what it did to Wanda (because let's face it, writers treat her that way a lot), but that Strange seemed like a bystander in his own movie. Surely they wouldn't approve a script where Strange is just standing around reacting to whatever Wanda is doing, and doesn't really do something proactive until rather late in the film?

But it was true. Cumberbatch also said in a podcast that he was wondering "do I have a character arc in this?" and we were wondering if it was true or just a joke... but it clearly was not. You can see them straining to give him more of an arc in bits and pieces, probably in stuff added in reshoots, but it's not really Strange's story once Raimi and Waldron decided to make the entire movie about Wanda pursuing this girl.
    I consider it a waste of time for all parties involved.
    But I guess I cannot get mad over it and eat up the argument that is "you are just mad Wanda is a villain for this totally not cheap reason."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Considering that because I posted on here that I liked the film the first response I got was effectively telling me I was wrong!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the only reason is usually they use the characters that they want. But I keep hoping that Wanda and Jan end up back on the main team again. It's been a long time for both of them.
    I'm one that feels that's a tired trope. But I'd have accepted it if it were at least her trying to save her own sons, and not kidnap someone else's. And cheesy horror isn't really my thing. I'd have liked it more if it were the gothic horror they mentioned it being at Comic-con.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Yeah I really feel like neither had benefited, and it all would have been better if they had given us a season two of Wanda's show or her own movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, yeah, we are back to "true to that specific comic" argument. And having an excuse in story doesn't equal good writing.
    I am one of those people who prefer not to see her stuffed with stinky tropes. Also I prefer more efficient storytelling and careful usage of her lore elements than whatever MoM is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I consider it a waste of time for all parties involved.
    But I guess I cannot get mad over it and eat up the argument that is "you are just mad Wanda is a villain for this totally not cheap reason."
    I think overall we here on CBR have not only been pretty understanding to fans that like MoM but supportive in our own ways in giving some complaints to the movie in those that watched it, I have seen especially in the days after the fullness of the movie came out we started out upset at all of it yes and it made for the most part sense. But after many watched it we gave many fans the benefits that if their are elements others liked they had the ability to feel safe here, share their views and have a discussion over all of it.

Having a discussion is not a problem either, the fact that the movie is controversial and left many a Wanda fan perplexed with how it was made lead to hold the creators accountable for mistakes and missteps the admitting to making and I think hurt their own project like not following the story of WandaVision more closely or even watching it for that matter.

So I feel overall we have been welcoming overall to different views of MoM and why many liked and disliked it indeed and I am proud of us for maturity over that.

The criticism however over the mistakes the team behind MoM have admitted to making in making this movie like the reshoots, not following WandaVision and others are right to have against them and they need to be in respectful fashion held to accounting for it, anyone in those positions should realize that.

It is sad however when other parts of the Net don’t hold these values and say we as fans that watched the same show, talked about it, debated it and so on have No Right to criticize those that made mistakes cause we clearly did not see what they did and what they saw is the final and we are the blind haters;

Problem with this is that it the exact opposite of what is need, to says their is no right for discussion or holding accountable those in power over it, we need to stop and accept their viewpoints, this is hence is wrong and one I feel we here have strived not always perfect but strived to hold.

The example being; We saw Wanda freeing the people of Westview of her own accounts in episode 9 the final and was not aware the hex was hurting anyone else Until Agatha showed her, she did the right thing when the truth was shown to her. But At the least we can admit there can be a discussion and talk over this, we for the most part try not to hammer down like this when we have a particular point to make and in-turn saying one has no right to have it a critical viewpoint either or hold questionable writing accountable.

Other parts of the Net need to learn this humility and spend more time have honest discussions over this like we try to have here but still hold to questionable accounts those in power.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

10 Creepiest Characters In The MCU
    https://whatculture.com/film/10-cree...he-mcu?page=10

1. Scarlet Witch
    Wanda Maximoff may be an Avenger now, but when she first appeared in the post-credit scene for Captain America The Winter Soldier, she was much scarier and much more villainous.

Wanda's whole look and personality in Age Of Ultron was creepy. She often pulled off weird witch-like moves throughout the Hyrda castle and showed that her powers could be used to put even Captain America off balance.

Wanda's real creep factor came in during the Avengers' battle in South Africa when she used her powers to affect the minds of every single Avenger besides Stark and Hawkeye.

The nightmares Wanda gave the Avengers shook each of them for much of the movie, and only at the very end did Wanda and her brother eventually sway over to the side of good.

Yet even as an Avenger, Wanda was still super creepy, with her erratic movements and iconic Sokovian head tilt. Wanda's creep factor reached an all-time peak in Disney Plus' first Marvel spin-off show WandaVision.

In WandaVision we see Wanda take an entire town hostage and force them to play out her American sitcom-based fantasies. Wanda even kept most of the children in the town of Westview trapped in comas which most likely meant they were trapped living with Wanda's nightmares.

In the multiverse-centered series What If...? fans witnessed a zombie version of the Scarlett Witch, which may have been the ultimate creepy being in the MCU. Whether a zombie or a normal human girl, Wanda is easily the creepiest MCU character of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

1. Scarlet Witch
    Wanda Maximoff may be an Avenger now, but when she first appeared in the post-credit scene for Captain America The Winter Soldier, she was much scarier and much more villainous.

Wanda's whole look and personality in Age Of Ultron was creepy. She often pulled off weird witch-like moves throughout the Hyrda castle and showed that her powers could be used to put even Captain America off balance.

Wanda's real creep factor came in during the Avengers' battle in South Africa when she used her powers to affect the minds of every single Avenger besides Stark and Hawkeye.

The nightmares Wanda gave the Avengers shook each of them for much of the movie, and only at the very end did Wanda and her brother eventually sway over to the side of good.

Yet even as an Avenger, Wanda was still super creepy, with her erratic movements and iconic Sokovian head tilt. Wanda's creep factor reached an all-time peak in Disney Plus' first Marvel spin-off show WandaVision.

In WandaVision we see Wanda take an entire town hostage and force them to play out her American sitcom-based fantasies. Wanda even kept most of the children in the town of Westview trapped in comas which most likely meant they were trapped living with Wanda's nightmares.

In the multiverse-centered series What If...? fans witnessed a zombie version of the Scarlett Witch, which may have been the ultimate creepy being in the MCU. Whether a zombie or a normal human girl, Wanda is easily the creepiest MCU character of all time.
    I get what they were going for there but I seem to have a different definition of creepy.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

1. Scarlet Witch

Yeaaaa, This Article is struggle, it is so poorly put together it is a pain on my mind to read.

Honestly I am certain now that most of these, even some of the Big Comic So Called news and article Sites just Wikipedia and Reddit research their topics and just write them from their.

I have doubts they even watched the said matterial in question, so they are emulating the MoM creative staff I guess in writing about characters.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm going by what my LCS owner Friend has said to me more then once and he used to work at DC Comics for many years, so I trust in him that if he is seeing the sales being weak for present day Avengers cause of to much new characers and at least saying that if it had more classic Avengers it would sell better, I indeed trust him on that.

New characters can do well and old characters don't sell all the time, but if you are falling behind on one push then maybe you have to rethink who and how you are pushing them.

Lightbulb

Wanda (Doctor Strange 2)
    by minnhsg

https://www.deviantart.com/minnhsg/a...ge-2-919888191

Watch Marvel Star Elizabeth Olsen Celebrate the Upcoming Release of Her New Children's Book
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/wa...hildrens-book/