Page 32 of 456 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I knew I saw somewhere her upcoming MoM costume from a different angle and after a bit of searching I finally found it. Looks like there will be no real cape but there will be something flowing as part from her top.

Never know, because the first version had a dress like part to it that also flowed but then she also had the cape, but didn't always wear the cape.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's a shame that Marvel seemed caught off guard by the success of "WandaVision" and didn't schedule any comics with the two, but if the MCU ever does a followup series someday, there's a lot of Wanda and Vision's life in Leonia we never got to see.

We've gotten used to thinking of them as a tragic couple constantly kept apart, but the Englehart/Shooter/Michelinie Avengers and the limited series (which sold out thanks to the show) showed that they could be a mostly happy married couple and still have interesting stories.
    They weren't caught off guard, they just don't care about Wanda or Vision. Given the constant crap Wanda has gone through, it is clear to me that some higher-up hates her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    The divorce didn't cause any legal problems, because just as they were married outside the US legal system, they were also divorced outside the system, too, and it had only happened a few issues ago anyway, so it wouldn't have affected the car.

Neither would Onslaught, since it didn't destroy anyone's possessions.

So the car would have been wherever it was before Onslaught. I forget the details of how they lost the house -- I think it was sold at some point well before Onslaught -- but if they put the car in storage, it was still in storage. Or if they put it in the Avengers' underground garage, which is where she drove it from, then that's where it was. And if for some reason the Avengers needed space in the garage (it's pretty big, as I recall), then they'd have taken care of storing it elsewhere. Jarvis handles these things very well.

But there's no reason for it to have evaporated.

It could easily be, though, that anti-mutant jerks in Leonia either splashed paint on it or keyed it at the grocery store or something, so it needed a paint repair. And it was taken to the Flora, Fauna and Merryweather vintage auto repair shop, where Merryweather suggested "Make it blue!" So they went with that.

kdb
    That makes sense.

As for their home, Marvel Comics Presents #60 mentions it was leased to a day care centre while they were on the West Coast, and later in Young Avengers Presents #3, Master Pandemonium was squatting there

Hmm…

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They weren't caught off guard, they just don't care about Wanda or Vision. Given the constant crap Wanda has gone through, it is clear to me that some higher-up hates her.
    Maybe someone should ask Marvel why

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Yeah, them doing a "Death of Scarlet Witch" event was par for the course (Death of Inhumans, Death of X, Death of Doctor Strange, Death of Daredevil, etc.). They did Darkhold, but she deserves an ongoing or at least be a part of something bigger. "The Trial of Magneto" was just an event for people who hated her and them wanting to have her apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Maybe someone should ask Marvel why
    Personal editorial bias is nothing new in comics

Extraordinary Member

I want a definitive story for her both in comics and MCU so people can finally shut up about House of M, Mutants, Magneto and bloody Mephisto.
    Wanda is one of that character who unfortunately has less relevant part of her become reprensentive of her to general public and casual fans. Which result in the annoying situation of everyone, intentionally or not, demand her to be a plot device or play the role of a woman whose every action is of a certain misogynistic trope lol.

It's funny how I don't really enjoy most of her projects/appearances anymore, at least not as much as when I just read a new book featuring characters I don't know or care about.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, and pet characters are also nothing new.
    Wanda is the reverse of that funnily enough, what do we call those? A stray character maybe?

Scarlet Witch's art for some new multiverse of madness merch, looks like a concept art based on her

Ultimate Member

True, but have they ever been confronted about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want a definitive story for her both in comics and MCU so people can finally shut up about House of M, Mutants, Magneto and bloody Mephisto.
    Wanda is one of that character who unfortunately has less relevant part of her become reprensentive of her to general public and casual fans. Which result in the annoying situation of everyone, intentionally or not, demand her to be a plot device or play the role of a woman whose every action is of a certain misogynistic trope lol.

It's funny how I don't really enjoy most of her projects/appearances anymore, at least not as much as when I just read a new book featuring characters I don't know or care about.
    MoM might change that.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Scarlet Witch's art for some new multiverse of madness merch, looks like a concept art based on her

I hate the garter belt just floating there. I would prefer a cape more than a long skirt.

Extraordinary Member

I look forward to her comics appearances (few and far between as they are), but I can't enjoy her MCU appearances because I know one wrong move could destroy her in all media.

I actually believe the leaks even less than I did a few months ago (and if I'm wrong, that's the fault of the creators, not me for not believing a story that makes no sense), but watching online communities -- including people who claim to be fans -- acting like they're clearly true and anyone who doesn't believe them is a weirdo -- is depressing. Especially when they lecture you that it makes sense for Wanda to be a psycho because she's like that "in the comics," revealing they've only read two comic stories with her.

Unfortunately I can't quit her fandom because it makes no sense for me to give up and stop following the character based on rumors I don't even believe. But it's going to be a tough few months unless they announce her next project in advance.

I wish I could just enjoy her newfound popularity, but right now we don't know her comics future or her MCU future or how those two futures will intersect.

Wanda is the reverse of that funnily enough, what do we call those? A stray character maybe?
    That would be a pest character or a creator's pest

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    When Wanda is unsure of herself her magic can unconsciously change things from their normal red color to something else, as if to deny her true nature.

This explains why she accidentally caused her costume to change color due to her stage fright at being on a comic book cover for the first time.

Not only that, she also changed Pietro's, since his costume was green back then .

TV tropes calls it creator's pest.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    True, but have they ever been confronted about this?
    What can even be done about it? On the DC side we had DiDio as Editor-in-Chief and he for years tried to **** over characters like Dick Grayson and Wally West, even with the fanbase always reacting with annoyance when that happened, and while he did get fired, it's for other reasons most likely.

There's just not much that can be done, Dick and Wally are far more popular than Wanda, and DiDio was basically untouchable, and if nothing happened with him for so long, what can be done about someone screwing a smaller character like Wanda? And sure, DC is another company, but Marvel isn't that different when it comes to how hard it is to mess with higher ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then