Page 322 of 456 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am just thinking on some things, Wasn't It Strange that said the Darkhold that took Wanda, and it was not her anymore, so how would Strange consider Wanda Bad in the Superhero community?! Also, was it not just Strange, Wong, America and those sorcerers that mostly fought Wanda from the MCU main universe, so most of the Superhero community of the MCU don't know this went down? I just think if only a few experienced this and Strange himself said it was the Darkhold would it not be fair they blame the Darkhold more than just Wanda in the movie?

Or it just does not really add up cause it is weak and bad writing.

As for the Writer compared to Raima and Feige, Yea he seems to be the only one out their trying to do what accounts to Damage Control for the outcome of the movie. While I like not to give him as much blame and it might be fair to consider that, he keeps putting his foot in his mouth like that quote about him telling use Wanda become the “V” word in WandaVision, while admitting that he knows nothing about the show by barely watching it. I do want to try to feel somewhat bad for him for so far taking this brunt, but he just keeps taking steps back, so I don’t know.

But indeed, Raimi and Fiege have been hiding cowardly in the wake of the movie Reaction and while there have been positives from some alike and fans still for the most part sticking with Wanda, I think the backlash we have seen to the movie has been one of the main reasons they have not talked about the movie to much, especially Fiege. I have only heard an unconfirmed rumor or so, but it just goes along with there is some backlash behind the scenes of the outcome of this movie and the usage of Wanda, even if that is just a remote amount, just a little combine with the articles about the MCU treating Wanda very Sexist and misogynistic, it believe enough it going on behind the Scenes we don’t know between Fiege, Marvel Studios and Disney over this controversial choices in the movie, it would not surprise me.

So, I think he is hiding cause he is spead so much time trying to figure out how to clean this mess up with the Studio and Disney, that is just a guess, but with Raimi’s recent comment, It sounds like they are in Damage Control mode.
    One of my main issues with how things went down in the MoM is pretty simple. Wanda willingly gave up her family in order to stop torturing and mind-controlling a town of innocent people. If she was willing to commit even more heinous crimes in Strange 2 to get her kids back, she should have just kept Westview "under her spell" in order to keep her family alive. None of this **** makes any sense. I have a theory about why Feige and his producers have apparently gone into the witness protection program in the past few weeks. I think Disney and Marvel Studios were getting really cocky about dominating the box office as the pandemic receded throughout the world. They were all but proclaiming that Disney/Marvel Studios singlehandedly "saved theaters" by virtue of their movies alone:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...d0143007f01373

I read a columnist state in response that "Personally, I think they may be all wildly overestimating the quality of the super fan-service-y ‘No Way Home,’ and conflating box office success with that quality. Both ‘Return Of The King’ and ‘Black Panther’ are super solid films in a way that ‘No Way Home’ is not. And frankly, Marvel made the same argument with “Avengers: Endgame,” believing they should receive a ‘Lord Of The Rings’ like pat on the back for their achievement." I personally agree with that sentiment.

But the main reason why I think Feige, Raimi and Chapek have gone super quiet lately is because of the success of Top Gun: Maverick. They CLEARLY did NOT see Cruise's film overtaking MoM the way that it has. MCU stans like to brag about the MCU's box office successes, but I think they HAVE to acknowledge that TPM is kicking the **** out of Strange 2 in a way they could have never predicted. Since they're so obsessed with box office numbers and continue to equate quality with ticket sales, then TPM is clearly a better film than Strange 2 according to their OWN shitty standards. It WILL make over a billion dollars at the box office. The MoM will not. TPM is DOMINATING the cultural discussion all across the world right now, and nobody is talking about Strange 2 anymore. I also appreciate that Cruise and the Paramount bigwigs aren't claiming that they're "saving cinema" through TPM. Cruise and the rest of the cast from TGM just seem grateful that people like their movie. That's how the top brass at Marvel Studios USED to behave not too long ago. Not anymore. I just wish Marvel Studios would show some fucking humility and respect their fans more. They're just digging themselves into a bigger hole by announcing even MORE shows in the future. Most Marvel fans want quality and not quantity in their MCU products (and more focus on the characters that are ALREADY in the MCU) as opposed to future projects and new characters. I personally think the hubris of the leadership at Marvel Studios and the Walt Disney Company is out of control. As much as I loved the first three phases of the MCU, I openly admit that I'm pleased that Disney/Marvel is finally eating some humble pie. Not because I hate the MCU. But because I want the MCU to change direction before it's too late. Quality and not quantity is what matters:

Bruh they’ve been emphasizing quantity over quality since like 2016 this is nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Bruh they’ve been emphasizing quantity over quality since like 2016 this is nothing new
    But three movies a year is not quantity to me. That's like six or seven hours a year and folks can totally absorb that. You could even watch three MCU movies in one day and watch a whole bunch of other things on that day too. Three shows and three movies a year is too much in my opinion. I'm actually a little bit concerned about Thor 4. I THINK it should do well (I actually hope it does because Ragnarok is my favorite MCU film of all-time and it made me into a HUGE Thor fan), but I don't "feel" that much hype for it. I just think fans of the MCU are a bit burned out. If Love & Thunder sees a significant second week drop off, I think Disney might have to re-evaluate its release strategy in the future. I don't think fatigue is an issue if Marvel puts out three quality movies a year. But I understand Disney Plus needs subs, so I get why they are doing the shows. I'm pretty sure viewers will be confused when Kang shows up in Ant-Man 3.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    “She doesn’t want to torture them. She’s not a villain. She’s suffering. She wants her children like [Waldron] wrote… [She’s] just someone who loves too deeply and will do anything to be with the one she loves.”

— Sam Raimi on the ScarletWitch in MultiverseOfMadness

https://twitter.com/scarletwnews/sta...Vk5iMhSMNFqLqQ

Well he difinitely filmed it in a way that clearly makes her a villain that someone could not empathize with as hard i would want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    How is Wanda NOT a villain when she said to Reed before murdering him: "Is Their Mother (Sue, I presume) Still Alive? Good, There Will Be Someone Left To Raise Them." More horseshit from "family-friendly" Marvel Studios.
    One of my main issues with how things went down in the MoM is pretty simple. Wanda willingly gave up her family in order to stop torturing and mind-controlling a town of innocent people. If she was willing to commit even more heinous crimes in Strange 2 to get her kids back, she should have just kept Westview "under her spell" in order to keep her family alive. None of this **** makes any sense. I have a theory about why Feige and his producers have apparently gone into the witness protection program in the past few weeks. I think Disney and Marvel Studios were getting really cocky about dominating the box office as the pandemic receded throughout the world. They were all but proclaiming that Disney/Marvel Studios singlehandedly "saved theaters" by virtue of their movies alone:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...d0143007f01373

I read a columnist state in response that "Personally, I think they may be all wildly overestimating the quality of the super fan-service-y ‘No Way Home,’ and conflating box office success with that quality. Both ‘Return Of The King’ and ‘Black Panther’ are super solid films in a way that ‘No Way Home’ is not. And frankly, Marvel made the same argument with “Avengers: Endgame,” believing they should receive a ‘Lord Of The Rings’ like pat on the back for their achievement." I personally agree with that sentiment.

But the main reason why I think Feige, Raimi and Chapek have gone super quiet lately is because of the success of Top Gun: Maverick. They CLEARLY did NOT see Cruise's film overtaking MoM the way that it has. MCU stans like to brag about the MCU's box office successes, but I think they HAVE to acknowledge that TPM is kicking the **** out of Strange 2 in a way they could have never predicted. Since they're so obsessed with box office numbers and continue to equate quality with ticket sales, then TPM is clearly a better film than Strange 2 according to their OWN shitty standards. It WILL make over a billion dollars at the box office. The MoM will not. TPM is DOMINATING the cultural discussion all across the world right now, and nobody is talking about Strange 2 anymore. I also appreciate that Cruise and the Paramount bigwigs aren't claiming that they're "saving cinema" through TPM. Cruise and the rest of the cast from TGM just seem grateful that people like their movie. That's how the top brass at Marvel Studios USED to behave not too long ago. Not anymore. I just wish Marvel Studios would show some fucking humility and respect their fans more. They're just digging themselves into a bigger hole by announcing even MORE shows in the future. Most Marvel fans want quality and not quantity in their MCU products (and more focus on the characters that are ALREADY in the MCU) as opposed to future projects and new characters. I personally think the hubris of the leadership at Marvel Studios and the Walt Disney Company is out of control. As much as I loved the first three phases of the MCU, I openly admit that I'm pleased that Disney/Marvel is finally eating some humble pie. Not because I hate the MCU. But because I want the MCU to change direction before it's too late. Quality and not quantity is what matters:

I believe Albert1981 & Cruelrain(BTW Nice Put Togeher Posts as always) we are seeing the 1st waves of Damage Control by the Bigger wigs at Marvel at this point. By what it seems they were taken aback by the backlash of their movie MoM and their portrayal of Wanda being called Sexist and Misogynistic, I honest think they were caught by surprise by this.

But why should they be, I have not and still refuse to See the whole movie, I have only seen snips here and their and I can barely watch only when I feel like it. But, it is pretty plan to see what they were putting together in some of the behind the scenes that they where heading for this head-on hit with this movie being seen as anti-Female and anti-post MeToo era and they did have the foresight to stop what was happening?!

It is a mystery of, “What Were They Thinking”, but the point it that yea they did not likely think enough cause they might be trapped in their over bubble of their own good old boys club and artistic style will trump political upheaval, really it rarely does.

It feels the MoM had very little oversight as well when in development and allot of the big wigs like Feige and the top Brass at Marvel Studios and Disney are having shell shock over the very negative and dark showing of arguable their most popular Female MCU hero right now and they for some reasons did not see this coming either. They might have not also been seeing Wanda Gaining popularity to the levels she has now thanks to the Emmy Nominated showing of WandaVision and though 1 negative showing of just 1 Female hero would be ok, it was in the Comics RIGHT, we are just being true to the comics, there is not problem in that RIGHTTTTT?!

You did not adapt Clone Thor or Negative Zone Prisons in the Civil War Movie, so why was that movie not point for point like the Comics, but MoM had to be like Avengers Dissembles with how bloody it can get and no one thought it be a problem?

They did not expect Wanda to blow-up so much in the public eye I believe. They thought they could get aways with doing AD to Wanda cause like her earlier MCU shows she was never a Chosen One to be a bigger player in the grand phases of the MCU like others characters seem to be, so Wanda to a degree before WandaVision was expendable. That the loss of 1 female hero to such a dark story was ok cause they where just retell the faithfulness of the original source comic, so that give them some cover form the media and fans alike or that Wanda was never going to be that important that no one would care.

But they underestimate all of it by leaps and bounds.

You had to be living Literal Under a Rock on Mars the last year not to see the Surge of Love and Popularity Wanda has gotten, it honestly has blown me away as well. But frankly it seems Feige and the MCU choose not to or it was too late to see it before the wrapped up production of MoM, it could be why their where reported 6 or more rewrites and shots to MoM, they where play on the changes to late to the culture and could not take it back, but who knows.

Feige and the MCU I blame mostly for this, Disney to a degree by not taking more Oversight over how to Big Headed Feige and the MCU brass where getting, trusting them to much not to do such a controversial story like this, by rumors I hear at least this might be part why Fiege could be so quite lately, the backlash not just from the public, but from the brass at Disney too, but it is just a rumor.

Overall, the Fiege Cared to much about other Projects at Marvel to Overlook MoM, though Wanda would not blow-up as big as she did and that it would not be as bad of a reaction as they got. But they Underestimate it all.

I feel greatly this is the beginning of the focused group tested Damage Control campaign to backtrack what they did in MoM, its mess and mostly What they did to Wanda.

I feel the Bad Stuff they did to Wanda will now be taken back by saying it was All the Darkhold and later Chthlon in a Later MCU project to Walk Back this one, they already whereby what I from you and other fans who have seen the movie heard they where trying to tease that the Darkhold as an excuse for the Bat-S@#$ stupid stuff they made Wanda Do that was so OOC for her as the reasoning anyways, but weak writing anyways.

They need start somewhere however, to do this cause all I care in the MCU now is about Wanda and her wellbeing.

But the fact that they let this happen and did not have even the basic human foresight should cause they pause, and I think by how jet-hush quite they been might be this soul searching and backlash internally they are dealing with now.

As you Said Albert1981, they Better, do this again just a few times more, it will be more than Wanda Fans and Woman’s Groups that are backlashing against you and the MCU, they will cut themselves enough they will not be able to comeback from and lose that Golden Standard that IMO is already starting to melt away if they don’t correct the ship right.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-22-2022 at 10:35 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It was made with magic probably, that’s the mystical equivalent of 3D printing
    Chthon invented 3D printers. The temple is actually a giant 3D printer.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I believe Albert1981 & Cruelrain(BTW Nice Put Togeher Posts as always) we are seeing the 1st waves of Damage Control by the Bigger wigs at Marvel at this point. By what it seems they were taken aback by the backlash of their movie MoM and their portrayal of Wanda being called Sexist and Misogynistic, I honest think they were caught by surprise by this.

But why should they be, I have not and still refuse to See the whole movie, I have only seen snips here and their and I can barely watch only when I feel like it. But, it is pretty plan to see what they were putting together in some of the behind the scenes that they where heading for this head-on hit with this movie being seen as anti-Female and anti-post MeToo era and they did have the foresight to stop what was happening?!

It is a mystery of, “What Were They Thinking”, but the point it that yea they did not likely think enough cause they might be trapped in their over bubble of their own good old boys club and artistic style will trump political upheaval, really it rarely does.

It feels the MoM had very little oversight as well when in development and allot of the big wigs like Feige and the top Brass at Marvel Studios and Disney are having shell shock over the very negative and dark showing of arguable their most popular Female MCU hero right now and they for some reasons did not see this coming either. They might have not also been seeing Wanda Gaining popularity to the levels she has now thanks to the Emmy Nominated showing of WandaVision and though 1 negative showing of just 1 Female hero would be ok, it was in the Comics RIGHT, we are just being true to the comics, there is not problem in that RIGHTTTTT?!

You did not adapt Clone Thor or Negative Zone Prisons in the Civil War Movie, so why was that movie not point for point like the Comics, but MoM had to be like Avengers Dissembles with how bloody it can get and no one thought it be a problem?

They did not expect Wanda to blow-up so much in the public eye I believe. They thought they could get aways with doing AD to Wanda cause like her earlier MCU shows she was never a Chosen One to be a bigger player in the grand phases of the MCU like others characters seem to be, so Wanda to a degree before WandaVision was expendable. That the loss of 1 female hero to such a dark story was ok cause they where just retell the faithfulness of the original source comic, so that give them some cover form the media and fans alike or that Wanda was never going to be that important that no one would care.

But they underestimate all of it by leaps and bounds.

You had to be living Literal Under a Rock on Mars the last year not to see the Surge of Love and Popularity Wanda has gotten, it honestly has blown me away as well. But frankly it seems Feige and the MCU choose not to or it was too late to see it before the wrapped up production of MoM, it could be why their where reported 6 or more rewrites and shots to MoM, they where play on the changes to late to the culture and could not take it back, but who knows.

Feige and the MCU I blame mostly for this, Disney to a degree by not taking more Oversight over how to Big Headed Feige and the MCU brass where getting, trusting them to much not to do such a controversial story like this, by rumors I hear at least this might be part why Fiege could be so quite lately, the backlash not just from the public, but from the brass at Disney too, but it is just a rumor.

Overall, the Fiege Cared to much about other Projects at Marvel to Overlook MoM, though Wanda would not blow-up as big as she did and that it would not be as bad of a reaction as they got. But they Underestimate it all.

I feel greatly this is the beginning of the focused group tested Damage Control campaign to backtrack what they did in MoM, its mess and mostly What they did to Wanda.

I feel the Bad Stuff they did to Wanda will now be taken back by saying it was All the Darkhold and later Chthlon in a Later MCU project to Walk Back this one, they already whereby what I from you and other fans who have seen the movie heard they where trying to tease that the Darkhold as an excuse for the Bat-S@#$ stupid stuff they made Wanda Do that was so OOC for her as the reasoning anyways, but weak writing anyways.

They need start somewhere however, to do this cause all I care in the MCU now is about Wanda and her wellbeing.

But the fact that they let this happen and did not have even the basic human foresight should cause they pause, and I think by how jet-hush quite they been might be this soul searching and backlash internally they are dealing with now.

As you Said Albert1981, they Better, do this again just a few times more, it will be more than Wanda Fans and Woman’s Groups that are backlashing against you and the MCU, they will cut themselves enough they will not be able to comeback from and lose that Golden Standard that IMO is already starting to melt away if they don’t correct the ship right.
    I didn't know that there were rumors of a backlash at Disney and Marvel Studios over how Strange 2 shook out. That's really interesting to me! I'm not surprised that it's happening though. I consider the MoM to be the WORST MCU entry by a country mile. Pure garbage. My brother who hates superhero movies but loves Rachel McAdams even knows about its mixed reception. He said that McAdams looked SO bored promoting the film and I can confirm she looked just as bored acting in it. Chapek's and Feige's teams deserve PLENTY of blame for the outright scorn the MoM is getting now. And you're right about non-Wanda fans losing interest in the MCU too. There are PLENTY of Bucky, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Sharon Carter and even Loki fans who are heartbroken about how their favorites were treated in Phase Four. And I'm not even going to get into how mad Hulk fans are right now. Hawkeye's show basically was setting the table for the spin-offs of three OTHER characters in it and that annoyed me greatly (and almost killed my interest in the MCU as a whole). I have said it before and I'll say it again. Disney is introducing WAY too many characters into the MCU and they're doing it at too fast a pace. Comic book fans are psyched about the coming of the Young Avengers, but I think general audiences were absolutely underwhelmed by most of their debuts because they were introduced so POORLY (unlike the characters that were introduced between Phases One and Three). Audiences are not gonna CARE about new superhero teams because the characters on them aren't really gaining any traction amongst the general public.

I know a LOT of people think Tom Cruise is a weird guy, but that dude seems to truly understand the pulse of the moviegoing public and does a really good job of giving them what they want. Feige used to be like that. But now he's become obsessed with making his movies and shows EXACTLY like the comic books even if it means making things more confusing and convoluted and that's extremely disappointing. I believe the "normies" and "casuals" who fell in love with the MCU in the past decade WILL reject that "comic book bullshit" eventually. The MCU used to be relatively grounded and relatable. But now you have characters who can wipe out the memories of millions of people and survive mountains collapsing on them because of "magic". I miss the days when MCU superheroes built their equipment in a cave with a box of scraps. And yes, I agree with you. I think the MCU is in a REALLY precarious position right now. WAY more than MCU stans think. If they deliver another few stinkers, I think it's game over for MCU as the dominant cultural phenomenon in Hollywood. All they need to do is SLOW DOWN. Make each MCU entry like an "event" again. And they MIGHT be able to right the ship so to speak. But I don't think they've learned their lesson. They're just gonna continue pumping out more shows and movies with the hope some of them will catch fire. Waldron is taking a lot of heat right now, but he shouldn't be the only one falling on a grenade.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-23-2022 at 01:02 PM.

I didn't know that there were rumors of a backlash at Disney and Marvel Studios over how Strange 2 shook out. That's really interesting to me! I'm not surprised that it's happening though. I consider the MoM to be the WORST MCU entry by a country mile. Pure garbage. My brother who hates superhero movies but loves Rachel McAdams even knows about its mixed reception. He said that McAdams looked SO bored promoting the film and I can confirm she looked just as bored acting in it. Chapek's and Feige's teams deserve PLENTY of blame for the outright scorn the MoM is getting now. And you're right about non-Wanda fans losing interest in the MCU too. There are PLENTY of Bucky, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Sharon Carter and even Loki fans who are heartbroken about how their favorites were treated in Phase Four. And I'm not even going to get into how mad Hulk fans are right now. Hawkeye's show basically was setting the table for the spin-offs of three OTHER characters in it and that annoyed me greatly (and almost killed my interest in the MCU as a whole). I have said it before and I'll say it again. Disney is introducing WAY too many characters into the MCU and they're doing it at too fast a pace. Comic book fans are psyched about the coming of the Young Avengers, but I think general audiences were absolutely underwhelmed by most of their debuts because they were introduced so POORLY (unlike the characters that were introduced between Phases One and Three). Audiences are not gonna CARE about new superhero teams because the characters on them aren't really gaining any traction amongst the general public.

I know a LOT of people think Tom Cruise is a weird guy, but that dude seems to truly understand the pulse of the moviegoing public and does a really good job of giving them what they want. Feige used to be like that. But now he's become obsessed with making his movies and shows EXACTLY like the comic books even if it means making things more confusing and convoluted and that's extremely disappointing. I believe the "normies" and "casuals" who fell in love with the MCU in the past decade WILL reject that "comic book bullshit" eventually. The MCU used to be relatively grounded and relatable. But now you have characters who can wipe out the memories of millions of people and survive mountains collapsing on them because of "magic". I miss the days when MCU superheroes built their equipment in a cave with a box of scraps. And yes, I agree with you. I think the MCU is in a REALLY precarious position right now. WAY more than MCU stans think. If they deliver another few stinkers, I think it's game over for MCU as the dominant cultural phenomenon in Hollywood. All they need to do is SLOW DOWN. Make each MCU entry like an "event" again. And they MIGHT be able to right the ship so to speak. But I don't think they've learned their lesson. They're just gonna continue pumping out more shows and movies with the hope some of them will catch fire. Waldron is taking a lot of heat right now, but he shouldn't be the only one falling on a grenade.
    ItÂ’s really in my opinion nothing is wrong with the shows since those are primarily on Disney+ the problem can arise by using them for continuity when some people might not even have watched the show that the movie has continuing plots from that canÂ’t be ignored.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

I didn't know that there were rumors of a backlash at Disney and Marvel Studios over how Strange 2 shook out.
    I'm not sure there were. I made nearly a billion worldwide even without China and Russia. It's just that with better reviews and word-of-mouth it would have made a billion.

The movie was clearly in trouble when the original director and writer left and then the pandemic hit. Turning Wanda into the villain for the entire movie, when the original drafts had her as Strange's ally who turns bad at the end, was a huge disappointment to some Wanda fans because we wanted to see Wanda, not some psycho evil stranger. But Feige and Disney know how much trouble the movie was in before that change, so they probably know things could have been wrose.

Basically they didn't have a good story or a good villain so they just used Wanda as the sacrificial lamb to make an entertaining, if dumb, campy horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    ItÂ’s really in my opinion nothing is wrong with the shows since those are primarily on Disney+ the problem can arise by using them for continuity when some people might not even have watched the show that the movie has continuing plots from that canÂ’t be ignored.
    I definitely agree with some of your points, but the Disney Marvel shows are over five hours long each. And I feel it's a bit of a commitment to watch so many of them. It wouldn't matter as much if they were not connected to the movies. But after watching the MoM they clearly are. So folks probably have to watch 20 hours of Marvel content every year to get the full immersive experience of the MCU now. I don't think that's sustainable in the long term.

I definitely agree with some of your points, but the Disney Marvel shows are over five hours long each. And I feel it's a bit of a commitment to watch so many of them. It wouldn't matter as much if they were not connected to the movies. But after watching the MoM they clearly are. So folks probably have to watch 20 hours of Marvel content every year to get the full immersive experience of the MCU now. I don't think that's sustainable in the long term.
    I agree that it’s not sustainable long term. The way I feel about it they should have characters specifically for tv shows and characters specifically for movies. So people who just watch the movies don’t feel like they are missing any information and have to play catch up. I personally don’t have a problem with the run time as long as it’s quality writing in every scene presented.

A fun recreation of a scene from "Tangled"

https://www.deviantart.com/daekazu/a...avez-919813796

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not sure there were. I made nearly a billion worldwide even without China and Russia. It's just that with better reviews and word-of-mouth it would have made a billion.

The movie was clearly in trouble when the original director and writer left and then the pandemic hit. Turning Wanda into the villain for the entire movie, when the original drafts had her as Strange's ally who turns bad at the end, was a huge disappointment to some Wanda fans because we wanted to see Wanda, not some psycho evil stranger. But Feige and Disney know how much trouble the movie was in before that change, so they probably know things could have been wrose.

Basically they didn't have a good story or a good villain so they just used Wanda as the sacrificial lamb to make an entertaining, if dumb, campy horror movie.
    Yeah, I didn't hear anything about a backlash because Strange 2 was so financially successful. It definitely should have made over a billion though. This movie had WAY more hype than TPM ever did. I also though this picture was not in good shape after the changes in creators between Strange 1 and Strange 2. To make Wanda a villain was a cheap and lazy decision, but I understand why they did it. I think Disney/Marvel is sorta running out of ideas at this point. Building good stories for this Phase is proving to be a big challenge because the basic premise for it has been so chaotic.

As a reviewer of this film stated elsewhere: "The only reason to watch the MoM is to follow the progression of the overall MCU plot, but I have a feeling that it's not going to be long before I'm past the point of caring about that." I don't know what the hell Marvel Studios is thinking right now. I like watching movies that require me to turn off my brain and just have fun with them. But despite being corny and cringy, I felt Strange 2 SORT of took itself seriously. There weren't actually that many jokes in it. And a lot of stuff didn't make sense to me. Strange and Wong told Wanda pretty early on that she can't be a monster and replace a mom in another universe, but she only realized that herself after seeing the kids being afraid of her and caused so much wanton destruction? And it was impossible to keep track of BOTH Wanda's and Strange's powers. As another reviewer stated: "One minute Strange is powerless because he doesn't have his sling ring. The next, he's using magic without the ring. There were far too many of these eye-roll moments for me." And the tunnel chase scene was so weird to me. Strange, Rachel, and America just stood there staring at the closed door waiting for that jump scare for SO long. I thought Wong's behavior in this film was extremely inconsistent. He sacrificed the whole sanctuary to save America, but then gave away the location of the Darkhold just to save a few survivors (who I'm not sure were even still alive), and at the end of the movie asked Strange to kill America! It was such a crazy film.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-23-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I agree that it’s not sustainable long term. The way I feel about it they should have characters specifically for tv shows and characters specifically for movies. So people who just watch the movies don’t feel like they are missing any information and have to play catch up. I personally don’t have a problem with the run time as long as it’s quality writing in every scene presented.
    Yes. If the two were completely separated it wouldn't matter how long the shows are. And people could pick and choose what to watch without worrying how the shows connected to the movies. I do think the MORE shows Marvel does, it sorta diminishes the quality of each show. People seem to be noticing that more nowadays.

Yes. If the two were completely separated it wouldn't matter how long the shows are. And people could pick and choose what to watch without worrying how the shows connected to the movies. I do think the MORE shows Marvel does, it sorta diminishes the quality of each show. People seem to be noticing that more nowadays.
    They seem to be trying to give each Marvel character a presence in the MCU. Some characters are more profitable in comics than in shows. Also it’s more about the writing and how you define each character. It’s not wrong to use the source material, but take some creative liberties that are within the realm of reason for the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Those kinds of media tropes are so damaging. Because it makes people believe that all mental illness is psychotic in nature, and people who are mentally ill are incapable of taking care of themselves and need someone to look after them. This happened most famously to Britney Spears. People lose their freedom and agency to it. And worst of all deny people who really have mental illness that mask it well.
    I've talked about that on this site a couple of times in regards to X-Men: The Last Stand. The movie featured Jean becoming psychotic as a result of developing dissociative identity disorder (which is bullshit media myth). There were a few people trying to defend it by saying "it's a comic book movie" or "it wasn't trying be an accurate representation of mental illness". So that is suppose excuse making the Phoenix into an ableist caricature?

The X-Men are suppose to represent oppressed minorities like the mentally ill. Hell, the Dark Phoenix Saga was an example of this.